Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 12-08-2016, 11:28 PM #226

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Yeah for sure Ross!

For me, usually I like people on Big Brother because I can relate to them and personally, apart from Dan (BB10), Paulie is the person I relate most to. The way he detaches emotion from all his decisions is how I would imagine myself to play the game. So whilst he may come across as a dick, his personality really resonates with me because I see a lot of myself in him.
You can relate to someone who insulted all the women of New Jersey? You can relate to someone who cheated on his last girlfriend 5 different times? You can relate to someone who said feminist's like Natalie/Bridgette are the same as racists? You can relate to someone that said he was going to have his family beat up Natalie and Michelle after the show is over? I for one am glad that I can't relate to him and don't see any of myself in him.
AarynGriesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 02:09 AM #227
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AarynGriesfan View Post
You can relate to someone who insulted all the women of New Jersey? You can relate to someone who cheated on his last girlfriend 5 different times? You can relate to someone who said feminist's like Natalie/Bridgette are the same as racists? You can relate to someone that said he was going to have his family beat up Natalie and Michelle after the show is over? I for one am glad that I can't relate to him and don't see any of myself in him.
Pretty sure Raph explained how he relates to Paulie and it didn't have anything to do with this but hey.

I thought you of all people would realize that for example just because you like Aaryn Gries doesn't mean you're a racist... And that there are other qualities to people that others may like.
Old 13-08-2016, 02:12 AM #228
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Aaryn didn't threaten violence tho

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 02:19 AM #229
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Pretty sure Raph explained how he relates to Paulie and it didn't have anything to do with this but hey.

I thought you of all people would realize that for example just because you like Aaryn Gries doesn't mean you're a racist... And that there are other qualities to people that others may like.
exactly, liking a horrible problematic (which is most of the bbusa cast anyway) doesn't define someone as a person or say anything about them at all. A genuine nice person can stan someone like that and it doesn't make them a horrible person, Raph is one of the nicest members on here and him liking Paulie because he relates to him in a different way doesn't change that at all.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 13-08-2016 at 02:20 AM.
LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 02:21 AM #230
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

I don't think anyone suggested Raph was a horrible person because of his opinion? Well I certainly didn't anyway I can't speak for anyone else

I'm just genuinely intrigued how differently people have perceived his actions that's all
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 03:11 AM #231
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Well AarynGries fan asked if Raph relates to all those other things Paulie's said/done when Raph already explained how he relates to Paulie. As if you just CAN'T find a way to relate to or like Paulie without being associated with those things.

Also not just AarynGries... although this is at least not going right at someone for their opinion but still kinda crappy at least IMO...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
]It says a lot about the people who still champion him.
&
"I lose respect for anyone who still supports Paulie"

@Braden, do you not like any reality TV show character that has asshole-ish behavior that you may have excused because they entertain you? Because I can point out two just off the top of my head that I've seen that you like: Courtney from Survivor: China & Natalie from Micronesia. Obviously you might view them differently or see different levels of how much these characters are assholes or not but I'd assume you like those people because you either find something else entertaining in them or you find them entertaining while they're being an ass - which is perfectly fine to do IMO... that's something pretty common for me personally tbh. If you like them / support them / defend them that doesn't say anything about you as a person.

Anyway, the main thing is I find it ironic that AarynGriesfan would make that kind of post.

Ross I think you questioned why Raph/people like Paulie just fine in a respectable way.
Old 13-08-2016, 03:46 AM #232
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Courtney and Natalie aren't comparable tho!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 03:59 AM #233
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Idk Courtney said some pretty messed up things, including being derogatory towards Denise being a lunch lady.

And Natalie was consistently an "ice cold bitch" (self-proclaimed for that matter) towards the end of her season.

I don't remember everything they said but they totally fit the category of assholes.

Anyway, I hate to villainize them to make this point, especially Courtney who I loved, but that's just part of who they were. I think they are fair enough to compare - even if you think they're not on the same exact scale.
Old 13-08-2016, 08:04 AM #234
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
@Braden, do you not like any reality TV show character that has asshole-ish behavior that you may have excused because they entertain you? Because I can point out two just off the top of my head that I've seen that you like: Courtney from Survivor: China & Natalie from Micronesia. Obviously you might view them differently or see different levels of how much these characters are assholes or not but I'd assume you like those people because you either find something else entertaining in them or you find them entertaining while they're being an ass - which is perfectly fine to do IMO... that's something pretty common for me personally tbh. If you like them / support them / defend them that doesn't say anything about you as a person.

Anyway, the main thing is I find it ironic that AarynGriesfan would make that kind of post.

Ross I think you questioned why Raph/people like Paulie just fine in a respectable way.
Lmfao, clutch at the straws.

You can defend Raph all you want as well, but I don't doubt for a second that the only reason he likes Paulie is because he's Cody's brother...which is extremely shallow in itself.

Last edited by Braden; 13-08-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 12:57 PM #235

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):

Just to respond to your comment Braden, as I said in the previous post, I like Paulie because I really like the fact that he can detach emotion from all his decisions, or create false emotion from a strategic standpoint. Before the show even started the way in which he spoke during his interview with Jeff really resonated with me, because he speaks like I do. It's hard to explain really, but just because I relate to his personality and his mannerisms, does not mean that I relate to his views about women, violence what not. I see this as a game, and he is the first player since Dan who is playing the game in the way that I see as most fit.

It has nothing to do with Cody, so I'm not quite sure why you're calling me shallow. I liked Cody because I liked how he was a really nice guy not afraid to embrace his feminine side. I like Paulie because he reminds me of myself. In a similar fashion, I like the Reilly sisters for different reasons. Further, whilst I didn't really care for Vanessa last year, Tiffany was one of my favourites this year. So no, having a sibling that was in the house before means nothing to me in terms of whether I'll like the housemate or not!

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 01:10 PM #236

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Back on topic though, my rankings of the full cast at this point of the season...

1. Paulie
2. Bridgette
3. Tiffany
4. Da'Vonne
5. Victor
6. Michelle
7. Frank
8. Bronte
9. James
10. Natalie
11. Glenn
12. Zakiyah
13. Paul
14. Corey
15. Jozea
16. Nicole

Looking at my rankings, honestly I find a girl (Nicole) who wastes such a once in a lifetime opportunity to play the best game in the world, chasing white dick like no-ones business, far more offensive than anything Paulie has said.

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 13-08-2016, 01:40 PM #237
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Just to respond to your comment Braden, as I said in the previous post, I like Paulie because I really like the fact that he can detach emotion from all his decisions, or create false emotion from a strategic standpoint. Before the show even started the way in which he spoke during his interview with Jeff really resonated with me, because he speaks like I do. It's hard to explain really, but just because I relate to his personality and his mannerisms, does not mean that I relate to his views about women, violence what not. I see this as a game, and he is the first player since Dan who is playing the game in the way that I see as most fit.

It has nothing to do with Cody, so I'm not quite sure why you're calling me shallow. I liked Cody because I liked how he was a really nice guy not afraid to embrace his feminine side. I like Paulie because he reminds me of myself. In a similar fashion, I like the Reilly sisters for different reasons. Further, whilst I didn't really care for Vanessa last year, Tiffany was one of my favourites this year. So no, having a sibling that was in the house before means nothing to me in terms of whether I'll like the housemate or not!
Sorry, I don't buy it. You've proven to have a shallow correlation with who you support in the past. For example, you like pretty much every single Middle Eastern/South Asian female who has played the North American version of the game. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but it shows that you're bias and are shallow in your support for some housemates.

The whole 'I relate to him' subject baffles me because beyond the fact that he may speak a certain way and have mannerisms that you relate to, he's still proven to be an arrogant arsehole with a lack of respect for his fellow houseguests. I don't get how the things you've said are prioritised over his behaviour. The only thing I can think of why you would still like him is because of your fondness for Cody. Just my opinion!

Last edited by Braden; 13-08-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old 13-08-2016, 01:54 PM #238
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

This is getting a bit pathetic and its getting rather rude and unfriendly who ****ing cares who likes who, it doesn't mean they condone stuff and it's tragic how Raph is getting accused of things when there's evidence against it. Raph has never said he likes Paulie because of Cody he explained pre-show that he could relate to him and how etc and most of his support is due to him relating to somewhere . He doesn't just support asians because they are asian he also stans white females too and if he does stan asians it's because he relates to them which he has said loads of times.

Get over it and just the rankings instead of this pathetic drama.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 13-08-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 13-08-2016, 01:55 PM #239
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

God forbid people debate the TV show they're watching.

People don't like it when their opinions are questioned....Please grow up.
Old 13-08-2016, 01:56 PM #240
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

it's just Braden's opinion I don't see what the problem is
Old 13-08-2016, 01:57 PM #241
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
God forbid people debate the TV show they're watching.

People don't like it when their opinions are questioned....Please grow up.
God forbid someone liking someone because they relate to them and explained why two times.

I think you need to take your own advice and get over it.

Spoiler:

Old 13-08-2016, 02:01 PM #242
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
God forbid someone liking someone because they relate to them and explained why two times.

I think you need to take your own advice and get over it.
And then I went on to say that it was bizarre and (actually) realates to my initial point...quite harmless really.

No need to be touchy. I like debating these elements of the show from a sociological viewpoint, so I'm quite alright thanks.
Old 13-08-2016, 02:02 PM #243

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy it. You've proven to have a shallow correlation with who you support in the past. For example, you like pretty much every single Middle Eastern/South Asian female who has played the North American version of the game. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but it shows that you're bias and are shallow in your support for some housemates.

The whole 'I relate to him' subject baffles me because beyond the fact that he may speak a certain way and have mannerisms that you relate to, he's still proven to be an arrogant arsehole with a lack of respect for his fellow houseguests. I don't get how the things you've said are prioritised over his behaviour. The only thing I can think of why you would still like him is because of your fondness for Cody. Just my opinion!
It just seems such a simple and out of nowhere conclusion when I explained why I like him twice? I can like who I want! and yes that is why Evelyn was my favorite in BBUK this year. That was sarcasm, in case I need to say that more than once and still not have my point acknowledged.

You insult Paulie over and over again but it seems to only be the Paulie fans who aren't personally insulting the other members when articulating their point. Just an observation but eh, there's definitely something to be said about that!

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 13-08-2016, 02:03 PM #244
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And then I went on to say that it was bizarre and (actually) realates to my initial point...quite harmless really.

No need to be touchy. I like debating these elements of the show from a sociological viewpoint, so I'm quite alright thanks.
You're being rude and unfriendly about it though... I'm not being touchy at all. You're judging someone for liking someone.

Spoiler:

Old 13-08-2016, 02:04 PM #245

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yes but Braden you're calling me shallow over and over again with very little merit to your point. I would report you for personal insults but hopefully you can just read my posts in the future and not just imply that I'm lying to prove my point on a darn Internet forum! What is this!

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 13-08-2016, 02:04 PM #246
Namaste

Namaste

I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem if people could stick to debating the show and challenging opinions without being insulting towards the person holding the opinion (which has been happening whichever way you want to spin it).
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 02:05 PM #247

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

1. Tiffany

The end.
Old 13-08-2016, 02:06 PM #248
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I'm glad I don't relate to Paulie's personality TBH bc I'm pretty sure he has narcissistic personality disorder at this point.

part of me wonders if he was this messed up before BB16, but if you develop a complex from your little brother being on a reality TV show then you probably were just an ass the whole time
Old 13-08-2016, 02:07 PM #249

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem if people could stick to debating the show and challenging opinions without being insulting towards the person holding the opinion (which has been happening whichever way you want to spin it).
This! I'm so up for productive discussion hence why I joined the forum in the first place. Personal insults just shows a lack of ability to articulate your point cohesively!

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Old 13-08-2016, 02:08 PM #250
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
It just seems such a simple and out of nowhere conclusion when I explained why I like him twice? I can like who I want! and yes that is why Evelyn was my favorite in BBUK this year. That was sarcasm, in case I need to say that more than once and still not have my point acknowledged.

You insult Paulie over and over again but it seems to only be the Paulie fans who aren't personally insulting the other members when articulating their point. Just an observation but eh, there's definitely something to be said about that!
Lol, okay. I just think if that's how you genuinely felt you wouldn't be bothered by what i have to say...I didn't mean to touch a nerve though. As much you can say what you like, and like who you like, I'm allowed to have my opinion as a result of that. I'm not going to silence myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
You're being rude and unfriendly about it though... I'm not being touchy at all. You're judging someone for liking someone.
Calling me unfriendly and rude is a bit touchy. I'm allowed to judge someone based on their thoughts and feelings.

It's not even negative though. If anything I was giving Raph a compliment because I don't find him to be anywhere near as a bad of a person as Paulie.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb18, rankings, thread, usa