Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 17-06-2016, 11:29 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default This will test BB

For the first time this year we will see if the prods are going to force feed us crap and meddle in the process. Why is this..........Well marco is a big fav to go tonight and if he gets good HL's and Emma gets crap ones, we will know they are meddling to protect him. I will also be looking at how the vote lines operate because in the past, if they wanted to protect anyone, the lines were engaged or slow to answer.

Ben Frow isn't happy this year with the bad press, so I am secretly hoping they leave the vote well alone and allow the GBP to have their say as it should be.

A little part of me hopes Marco goes even though I have backed Emma to go, but I did this because I really cant see BB keeping their fingers out of the till. The real odds to go and the big indication of who is going will be displayed 30 mins before the eviction so keep tabs on how the vote is going on the bookie odds page.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 11:36 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
For the first time this year we will see if the prods are going to force feed us crap and meddle in the process. Why is this..........Well marco is a big fav to go tonight and if he gets good HL's and Emma gets crap ones, we will know they are meddling to protect him. I will also be looking at how the vote lines operate because in the past, if they wanted to protect anyone, the lines were engaged or slow to answer.

Ben Frow isn't happy this year with the bad press, so I am secretly hoping they leave the vote well alone and allow the GBP to have their say as it should be.

A little part of me hopes Marco goes even though I have backed Emma to go, but I did this because I really cant see BB keeping their fingers out of the till. The real odds to go and the big indication of who is going will be displayed 30 mins before the eviction so keep tabs on how the vote is going on the bookie odds page.
Yep, it seems that revenue is going to come way ahead of ratings or reputation!
Clootie Dumpling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 12:00 PM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clootie Dumpling View Post
Yep, it seems that revenue is going to come way ahead of ratings or reputation!
They need the ratings to survive and if Marco goes, the ratings will go down. Voting revenue this year will be crap in light of their past history of meddling.
Old 17-06-2016, 12:02 PM #4

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

I honestly think they want him out there's been so many complaints I think they would prefer him gone as he's to much of a live wire and constantly challenges their authority and oversteps the mark.

He doesn't abide by the rules and in the era of BB production manipulation he is someone they cant manipulate or control.

I think he's out tonight.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 17-06-2016 at 12:04 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 12:04 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

They won't let marco go, he will get evicted but return to the others house in a dramatic twist! Or they will say the two with the most votes are marco and Emma and the others have to pick who leaves, as Jackson Alex and Chelsea are in the other house they will pick marco and Emma will leave, somehow they will prevent marco leaving
Old 17-06-2016, 12:22 PM #6
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyJake10 View Post
They won't let marco go, he will get evicted but return to the others house in a dramatic twist! Or they will say the two with the most votes are marco and Emma and the others have to pick who leaves, as Jackson Alex and Chelsea are in the other house they will pick marco and Emma will leave, somehow they will prevent marco leaving
there will be no twist otherwise they would've something like this

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 12:40 PM #7

I think this year's show is pile of doggy doo-doo.

As for the participants, they really don't get the show and are reverting to norm. The only guy that has ever played this game as it should be was Victor and his crew in BB5 those were the days when BB didn't meddle with diary room secrets. Role on to this year and Andy, with oh so different attributes and skills that alienated him from most of the public was drafted in to play the game as you would expect it to be played.

If the housemates weren't besotted with their 'self' and actually looked around to what is going on and to observe who the biggest threat is rather than who is annoying them most, something that you would do in the outside world then the game could be played, but in turn, there has to be structure to allow someone who isn't necessary a favourite to win. At the moment, the winner is already laid out, whoever the public's favourite is, this shouldn't be necessary the case, there has to be a vehicle to allow for the favourite's to be booted out.

Of course, there is so much meddling going on behind the scenes, until CH5 and Endemol stop worrying about viewing figures and formatt a program and a game that would be enthralling to watch and perhaps have you crawling the walls wanting to evict a person, but they have the Machiavellian way to steer clear of being evicted and go below the radar with their fellow housemates.

Got to agree with the housemates on the two they have chosen with the most votes. Andrew is a typical bore, who doens't have an ounce of charisma but thinks he should be feted for who he is.

Georgina, her face has been like the proverbial bulldog chewing on a wasp. Turn that frown upside down love and your face may crack into a smile. She's an oxygen stealer- sees the negative in everything and it's clear she's used to getting her own way. She also touched upon how vile she can be if she snaps and is trying not to show that side of her personality. Needs psychiatric help imho.

But as for these two being the biggest threat, not a chance, so why vote for them? As I say each series, life is a game and so far they are reverting to type and doing what their life experiences and conditioning have prepared them to cope with.

The program needs a complete rethink.

Also not impressed with a house full of wannabee Z- listers. What happened to the civil servants, hairdressers, bricklayers, factory workers, office workers, the normal people?

Last edited by delta; 17-06-2016 at 12:42 PM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 12:50 PM #8
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They need the ratings to survive and if Marco goes, the ratings will go down. Voting revenue this year will be crap in light of their past history of meddling.
i think the ratings will improve once Marco is out of the house, some people ( me included) want to see some more normal housemates who are just themselves and not pretending to be a character

Old 17-06-2016, 12:52 PM #9
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

As for the participants, they really don't get the show and are reverting to norm. The only guy that has ever played this game as it should be was Victor and his crew in BB5 those were the days when BB didn't meddle with diary room secrets. Role on to this year and Andy, with oh so different attributes and skills that alienated him from most of the public was drafted in to play the game as you would expect it to be played.

If the housemates weren't besotted with their 'self' and actually looked around to what is going on and to observe who the biggest threat is rather than who is annoying them most, something that you would do in the outside world then the game could be played, but in turn, there has to be structure to allow someone who isn't necessary a favourite to win. At the moment, the winner is already laid out, whoever the public's favourite is, this shouldn't be necessary the case, there has to be a vehicle to allow for the favourite's to be booted out.

Of course, there is so much meddling going on behind the scenes, until CH5 and Endemol stop worrying about viewing figures and formatt a program and a game that would be enthralling to watch and perhaps have you crawling the walls wanting to evict a person, but they have the Machiavellian way to steer clear of being evicted and go below the radar with their fellow housemates.

Got to agree with the housemates on the two they have chosen with the most votes. Andrew is a typical bore, who doens't have an ounce of charisma but thinks he should be feted for who he is.

Georgina, her face has been like the proverbial bulldog chewing on a wasp. Turn that frown upside down love and your face may crack into a smile. She's an oxygen stealer- sees the negative in everything and it's clear she's used to getting her own way. She also touched upon how vile she can be if she snaps and is trying not to show that side of her personality. Needs psychiatric help imho.

But as for these two being the biggest threat, not a chance, so why vote for them? As I say each series, life is a game and so far they are reverting to type and doing what their life experiences and conditioning have prepared them to cope with.

Also not impressed with a house full of wannabee Z- listers. What happened to the civil servants, hairdressers, bricklayers, factory workers, office workers, the normal people?
all the later named here go into CBB
Old 17-06-2016, 12:53 PM #10
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

omg, Georgina and vile, she's one of the few normal housemates this year, and she doesn't need psychiatric help, she's perfectly fine, and i respect her for not following Marco, and she's just herself, not pretending to be a character she's not, or faking a smile when she doesn't want to smile

you're opinion is hilarious

Old 21-06-2016, 09:02 AM #11

Favourites:

Favourites:

Well ratings have gone upand Marco went so everyones opinion in here is a big fail lol.
Old 21-06-2016, 09:14 AM #12
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Well ratings have gone upand Marco went so everyones opinion in here is a big fail lol.
yeah daniel

Old 21-06-2016, 09:25 AM #13

Quote:
It's interesting to think that sometimes big characters leaving can perhaps be better for the show than if they stay, contrary to what a lot of people say. They're more likely to get TV spots and other promotional things, which will reach an audience of people not currently watching BB, than housemates who aren't considered interesting.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 10:19 AM #14
cancelled

cancelled

BigBollocks.....to the rescue..

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 01:15 PM #15
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh have they really went up? They went up after Marc left too, i think people think that the viewers want to see loud and overbearing characters but thats probably not ture
Old 21-06-2016, 01:21 PM #16
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Oh have they really went up? They went up after Marc left too, i think people think that the viewers want to see loud and overbearing characters but thats probably not ture
If a family of 6 tune in by mistake, the ratings go through the roof so crowing about a programme that gets less than country file and A LAME Love Island, is hardly an indictment to brag. Untill the prods listen to the fans and change their meddling ways, BB is doomed for the bin.
Old 21-06-2016, 02:18 PM #17
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If a family of 6 tune in by mistake, the ratings go through the roof so crowing about a programme that gets less than country file and A LAME Love Island, is hardly an indictment to brag. Untill the prods listen to the fans and change their meddling ways, BB is doomed for the bin.
Its been sitting pretty comfortably at 1-1.5mil for ages now. I just find it interesting when there are instant spikes in the ratings after a certain persons eviction.
Old 21-06-2016, 02:19 PM #18
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Rightly so as Marc as dreadful!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2016, 02:23 PM #19
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Anything less than 3 mil for a programme with this size of production team and budget, is a disgrace and Ben Frow knows it. Maybe if we are lucky, the dimwits involved might just select 16 people from the street that don't have agents or back stories and let them develop themselves with games, tasks, starvation, punishments and profanity bans to provide us with a social experiment with no twists or involvements. Then we might watch in greater numbers again. who knows but 1 to 1.5 mil is pathetic.
Old 21-06-2016, 02:23 PM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Love island only beat it once and marginally due to the controvercy of shag gate and that tart having sex on tv and stripped of her Miss GB crown the ratings were back under a million after that.

The officials are also very impressive with all the competition its facing adding over 500k the way people watch tv has changed!

Not only that everything is down most stuff is getting about 2.5 million even soaps are down by millions.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 21-06-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 21-06-2016, 02:27 PM #21
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Love island only beat it once and marginally due to the controvercy of shag gate and that tart having sex on tv and stripped of her Miss GB crown the ratings were back under a million after that.

The officials are also very impressive with all the competition its facing.
In your mind maybe but not on screen. Nothing outside this forum shows your figures to be remotely correct.
Old 21-06-2016, 02:29 PM #22

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
In your mind maybe but not on screen. Nothing outside this forum shows your figures to be remotely correct.
What are you talking about?

The ratings come from official sources I haven't pulled them out of my arse and if you think this then how do you know its getting between 1 to 1.5 and not the 3 million you think it should be getting which is ridiculous in its 17th series.

Totally hypocritical comment.
Old 21-06-2016, 02:32 PM #23
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What are you talking about?

The ratings come from official sources I haven't pulled them out of my arse and if you think this then how do you know its getting between 1 to 1.5 and not the 3 million you think it should be getting which is ridiculous in its 17th series.

Totally hypocritical comment.
No need to get personal, post reported
Old 21-06-2016, 02:36 PM #24

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
No need to get personal, post reported
Erm how did I get personal you were the one who reffered to me personally god stop being so pc and acting offended when your not that post was not worthy of being reported just because I disagreed with you how ridiculous and a waste of mods time.

I was stating facts you were contradicting yourself and the ratings I have are from BARB the official ratings company.

Here they are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb17ratings.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	3406

Its called having a debate look it up.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 21-06-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 21-06-2016, 02:40 PM #25
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Erm how did I get personal you were the one who reffered to me personally god stop being so pc and acting offended when your not that post was not worthy of being reported just because I disagreed with you how ridiculous and a waste of mods time.

I was stating facts you were contradicting yourself and the ratings I have are from BARB the official ratings company.

Here they are.

Attachment 3406
simmer down, its not worth getting het up over. I simply said that the show isn't doing as well as Ben wants it to do and the prods are responsible. Quote figures all you want, its the programmes content we all question. If you feel 1 mill is a great result then fine, whatever floats your boat but don't get at me for casting an opinion because I don't believe in surveys and marketing results, they are fraught with complications.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, test