Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-06-2016, 09:13 AM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i have a lot of respect for Hilary Benn, he would make a formidible leader I think
Yes.I would be a Labour voter if it happened.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 09:16 AM #27
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Oh god.Evans is ****ing terrible.I can't watch that show anymore with him and Joey from friends.Waiting for the new Clarkson,Hammond and May show on Amazon

Me too... God I hate Evans. And he's everywhere lately. I refuse to watch the new Top Gear and like you I'm waiting for the new Clarkson show on Amazon. I really miss the old Top Gear.

Anyhoo... back on topic LOL...

Last edited by Livia; 26-06-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 10:15 AM #28
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes they will

Minus Joey , though
Minus Joey yes, I have come to support strongly the Labour party but I do have Conservative roots still.
I know there are good and consensus politicians in all parties.

I did not vote for Corbyn as leader myself and even now I would still go for Andy Burnham but he is heading off likely next year too.

I do have strong agreement with Livia on this one, that Hilary Benn would be a more probable really good leader and it may come about that he 'has' to be the one to lead the taking of Corbyn on now,no matter what he says today.

My preferred choice would be someone totally new however, a man like Dan Jarvis for instance.

We need to have elected as leaders, politicians who unite and not divide,the new leader of the Conservative party to come is just as vital as whatever comes about in Labour.
Which is why for the Conservative party I would like to see someone like Matt Hancock there.

For me both Labour and the Conservative party have to really look forward and try to gain back the support they have both lost.
If they do not make that effort, then even more of the combined vote between them will end up being eroded.

I have waited long enough for Corbyn to really inspire, I am still pretty mad at him for this and he did do so, virtually abandon Labour party workers running their feet off trying to win the EU campaign for 'remain'.

Who at every turn had to deal with some really negative comments he had made or try to explain his silence.
We got far more support from the Conservatives and Lib Dems than we got from him.

I say again, there comes a time when enough really is enough.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-06-2016 at 10:18 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 10:30 AM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Minus Joey yes, I have come to support strongly the Labour party but I do have Conservative roots still.
I know there are good and consensus politicians in all parties.

I did not vote for Corbyn as leader myself and even now I would still go for Andy Burnham but he is heading off likely next year too.

I do have strong agreement with Livia on this one, that Hilary Benn would be a more probable really good leader and it may come about that he 'has' to be the one to lead the taking of Corbyn on now,no matter what he says today.

My preferred choice would be someone totally new however, a man like Dan Jarvis for instance.

We need to have elected as leaders, politicians who unite and not divide,the new leader of the Conservative party to come is just as vital as whatever comes about in Labour.
Which is why for the Conservative party I would like to see someone like Matt Hancock there.

For me both Labour and the Conservative party have to really look forward and try to gain back the support they have both lost.
If they do not make that effort, then even more of the combined vote between them will end up being eroded.

I have waited long enough for Corbyn to really inspire, I am still pretty mad at him for this and he did do so, virtually abandon Labour party workers running their feet off trying to win the EU campaign for 'remain'.

Who at every turn had to deal with some really negative comments he had made or try to explain his silence.
We got far more support from the Conservatives and Lib Dems than we got from him.

I say again, there comes a time when enough really is enough.
It's surprising.To say we were on opposing sides of the referendum i actually agree with all you say.Apart from Brexit and me being anti Corbyn from day one that is.
My only fear or hope is that if we did get a pro EU Labour leader who managed to become PM that he would not try and find some excuse to hold another referendum but rather embrace the opportunities that Brexit has brought us and use them to go forward.I think a leader like that would get alot of support.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 10:35 AM #30
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

this referendum manifested as a vote against the tories and labour. I will gladly embrace brexit if it means we actually have political parties that reflect the peoples aspirations.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 10:40 AM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
It's surprising.To say we were on opposing sides of the referendum i actually agree with all you say.Apart from Brexit and me being anti Corbyn from day one that is.
My only fear or hope is that if we did get a pro EU Labour leader who managed to become PM that he would not try and find some excuse to hold another referendum but rather embrace the opportunities that Brexit has brought us and use them to go forward.I think a leader like that would get alot of support.
I think that is a non runner even with this petition with nearly 3,000,000 signatures to it for another referendum.
Does anyone, politician or otherwise, really want to go through that again.

The locks and conditions should have been placed at the time of this referendum.

A more pro EU leader could get likely easier and better terms from Europe, than the more divisive leavers, that's just my view.

We now not only need to set about healing the divisions at home in the UK,which will be very hard to do after this.
We also however have to make sure our dealings with Europe and the EU get less strained too.

Once really out of the EU too, there is no way back in the future no matter any success of the EU, as likely one of the new conditions would be we would have to accept the euro, and no way will that ever be a possibility that the UK would agree to that.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-06-2016 at 10:41 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 02:33 PM #32
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I only heard honest and frank representation from corbyn during the referendum debates, any more would have been shouted down as fear mongering histrionics... As usual the guy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Corbyn has done his best to unify the party, but his ministers seem hell bent on destroying it.

Last edited by Kizzy; 26-06-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 02:35 PM #33
You know my methods

You know my methods

he seemed the only decent one in that rabble of a party

idgi?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 02:43 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Supporting Iraq war and the bombing of Syrian children. Charming bloke
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 04:37 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ View Post
Good ****ing riddance. Keep it up Jezza

Hilary Benn sacked for skulking around looking for collaborators Apparently JC was heckled at London Pride and it appears the heckler is employed by a PR company Portland, with all this attention on Jermey Corbyn when so much else more important is going on, it beggars belief, or do they believe him to be a threat.
Old 26-06-2016, 04:44 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
this referendum manifested as a vote against the tories and labour. I will gladly embrace brexit if it means we actually have political parties that reflect the peoples aspirations.
At the last, that is what Friday was all about. The ability to elect and/or kick out those who make the rules that affect our lives and a revolution against the patronising "Nanny Knows Best" brigade. From Trades Unions to Big Business, from overseas leaders promising "punishment" and "isolation" to domestic politicians in their Westminster Bubble so far removed from the woman or man in the street it is almost painful to watch, they have been told democracy is not for sale to threats of economic Armageddon.

The words of Lord Digby Jones http://www.digbylordjones.com/well-m...w-morning.html
Old 26-06-2016, 04:46 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I only heard honest and frank representation from corbyn during the referendum debates, any more would have been shouted down as fear mongering histrionics... As usual the guy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Corbyn has done his best to unify the party, but his ministers seem hell bent on destroying it.
Old 26-06-2016, 05:07 PM #38
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Hilary is blairite warmongering scum, Leeds was silent on the referendum on thurs... I was in town and there was NOTHING not one banner or anything to signify that we are a Labour seat backing remain.
Yet on saturday there was a MAHOOSIVE 'forces day' spectacular, with all the military branches there signing up our children....something is brewing

Last edited by Kizzy; 26-06-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 05:16 PM #39
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Oh it's here..........mmmm cherry chapstick

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
benn, cabinet, hilary, sacked, shadow