Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 05-07-2016, 01:47 AM #1
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Default One of the best episodes all series and had me near tears

That almost had me in tears. I have been in Laura's shoes. I'm married to love of my life and we have been together for 10+ years. It was a long distance relationship prior to that and I moved halfway across the US so I could be with him.

I just wish Jason would've turned around to see his pup. I have fostered and nursed pups back to full health for a animal rescue and mall. My oldest pup is attached at the hip because of the holiday firecrackers and has a past. We mean the world to them and no amount of money would've stopped me from pushing that button. I would've lost it. Jason did have a very good point though. They can't possibly do worse to him now but that he may have lost it if he turned around.

It is just a game in the end and only temporary I know, but hearing that dog whine... **** you producers. I can't even handle Old Yeller!

Have to wonder too if Emma's parents are hippies based on her "They know what love looks like" or whatever comment. That was hilarious.

Anyway, lovely episode It felt the least producer driven one all series. I think the ones who did turn around for their lovers got a serious game advantage though... I was surprised what they allowed them to be told.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:37 AM #2
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Yeah I loved it too

The people I was most intrigued to see with their family got to do it, felt a bit bad on Evelyn though!
Old 05-07-2016, 03:32 AM #3

I was also in tears tonight.

Firstly while laughing at the acting of the likes of Laura and her her amateur dramatics.

Secondly, at the horrible low to which BB in particular, and TV in general , has stooped.

That was embarrassing, cringing, dross.
ConnieLingus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:57 AM #4

Christ,you lot need to get out more, this ain't Big Brother anymore it's more like a cross between Blind date and Dinner Dates- the produces have lost the plot and goooey viewers such as yourselves are only going to encourage them to take this nonsensical format further from the original concept.

It's was total, over dramatic, over hyped trash. Take-elastic knickers, Laura for instance or shall we rename her -shaved fanny- from now on? Anyone purportedly so in love with a distant beau wouldn't have been jumping into bed with the likes of Marco.

The proposal of Andy's boyfriend was sheer bollox and all created to give the poor sap a boost.

And why should Emma, or anyone else for that matter, see someone from the outside world let alone get to spend an evening with them?

Absolute desperation from the producers flailing about, any which way but loose trying to boost this ailing show.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:36 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Even if Laura was acting I loved it
It didn't really made me cry but the Andy and Ed moment was cute
And I loved Emma reuniting with her BF and in a way I saw a new side of her.
To see people in these emotions you can understand them more and connect with them more.

The only thing that I wanted to cry about is Evelyn It has been **** for her there and she really needed some support and it was horrible how she was the only one out of 4 that didn't get to see a loved one

But I get what @delta is saying, they got a lot of information from the outside and it just didn't feel like BB. I understand why the fans are frustrated.

azi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:24 AM #6
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Christ,you lot need to get out more, this ain't Big Brother anymore it's more like a cross between Blind date and Dinner Dates- the produces have lost the plot and goooey viewers such as yourselves are only going to encourage them to take this nonsensical format further from the original concept.

It's was total, over dramatic, over hyped trash. Take-elastic knickers, Laura for instance or shall we rename her -shaved fanny- from now on? Anyone purportedly so in love with a distant beau wouldn't have been jumping into bed with the likes of Marco.

The proposal of Andy's boyfriend was sheer bollox and all created to give the poor sap a boost.

And why should Emma, or anyone else for that matter, see someone from the outside world let alone get to spend an evening with them?

Absolute desperation from the producers flailing about, any which way but loose trying to boost this ailing show.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:27 AM #7
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

I too was crying over Laura and her poetic quest for true love (feat. Lily Rose Cooper?)

Last edited by Pete.; 05-07-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Pete. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:29 AM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..yeah I loved it also, it was just so nice to see their interactions with their loved ones...(and Emma's lust for her guy....)...Hughie with his mum was so sweet as well......and although I do wish Laura wouldn't seem to see her own self worth solely in relation to guys and her desirability in their eyes.... I thought she was absolutely adorable..(and funny..)..last night...great episode......
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:29 AM #9
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Can I just add the editing at the end, where Andys fiance left but Laura was getting ready to get into bed with fake Mexican person, although Emma pumping her was funny
Old 05-07-2016, 06:59 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I'll second this^

They should'nt be getting any outside contact at all.Or writing on mirrors with lipstick like they were the other week.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:06 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:23 AM #12
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by azi View Post
The only thing that I wanted to cry about is Evelyn It has been **** for her there and she really needed some support and it was horrible how she was the only one out of 4 that didn't get to see a loved one
Ohh yeah, I forgot about Evelyn. Ryan seemed to take it a bit hard as well. He seemed a little isolated after Hughie repeating what his mother said. I thought that was a low blow.

There were fairly strong reactions from a lot of the housemates today. I was surprised how much of the episode was dedicated to the second house, but it was a change of scenery so I enjoyed it.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:45 AM #13
You know my methods

You know my methods

I found it awful. All 3 trying desperately to show the others how much they were in love - bleugh

Laura and the twin were just fake desperation, the 2 stooges just wandering about looking non plussed as the 2 pathetic hens clucked and preened. Andy going totally over the top like Ghandi had walked in with Mandela and ...proposing? - yeah good luck

awful mawkish bollocks
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:58 AM #14
mizzy25

mizzy25

I was gutted for Jason and the dog more than anything else. I like Hughie getting to have Birthday tea with his mam. How come Laura has never mentioned this American bloke? like ever? Andy and his fiancé was a bit cringe but how come he left middle of the night? wasn't it like 3.42am or something? yet Laura and the never before spoken of one stay the night as did Emma and her bloke, who we have @ least heard her speak about? Jason should have been allowed to keep the dog in the main house the whole night, not just to piss Charlie off lol
mizzy25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:08 AM #15

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

I got more upset at ryan than any of that fake ****.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:57 PM #16

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
That almost had me in tears. I have been in Laura's shoes. I'm married to love of my life and we have been together for 10+ years. It was a long distance relationship prior to that and I moved halfway across the US so I could be with him.

I just wish Jason would've turned around to see his pup. I have fostered and nursed pups back to full health for a animal rescue and mall. My oldest pup is attached at the hip because of the holiday firecrackers and has a past. We mean the world to them and no amount of money would've stopped me from pushing that button. I would've lost it. Jason did have a very good point though. They can't possibly do worse to him now but that he may have lost it if he turned around.

It is just a game in the end and only temporary I know, but hearing that dog whine... **** you producers. I can't even handle Old Yeller!

Have to wonder too if Emma's parents are hippies based on her "They know what love looks like" or whatever comment. That was hilarious.

Anyway, lovely episode It felt the least producer driven one all series. I think the ones who did turn around for their lovers got a serious game advantage though... I was surprised what they allowed them to be told.
I only got to see it this morning as I was gigging last night and I feel the opposite about the mushy stuff. I found it all a bit cringey specially the reaction of Emma and Andy who had seen their partners only THREE BLOODY WEEKS AGO. We 'get it' that they love each other but it was totally and utterly over the top. I would understand if it was nearer the final week. I was glad for Laura as she hadn't seen the lad in two years. As a matter of fact I think it was only she should have turned. I can say hand on heart I wouldn't have turned if my lovely man was there as I would know the housemates would get points and I would also know I could see him in a week or five weeks or however long is left. I fast forwarded a lot of the hugging and sweating undying love and I don't think it was the time or the place for the proposal but look, if they are all happy I am glad for them
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:19 PM #17
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
I got more upset at ryan than any of that fake ****.
You're right he did seem genuinely upset

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
episodes, series, tears