Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

View Poll Results: Who was in the right?
Hughie & Ryan 51 64.56%
Hughie & Ryan
51 64.56%
Andy 28 35.44%
Andy
28 35.44%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM #26
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew. View Post
Neither side. Andy shouldn't have reacted like that to a joke and Ryan & Hughie were almost baiting Andy with the engagement itself
pretty much agree with this, with the addition that andy needs to realise not everyone thinks at the same level he does, and their ''joke'' was really more a weak attempt at annoying him about his own engagement.
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM #27
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I'd have leaned to Andy.
However it went on way to long and never needed to escalate how it did.

What was Chelsea wanting to be there for anyway when Hughie came to where Andy and Jason was.
That far from helped matters.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:21 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BB16: Joel
CBB14: Frenchy

Favourites (more):
BB16: Joel
CBB14: Frenchy

Andy, the other two are cretins.
BENDERBOY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:22 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Even Ed is on Ryan and Hughie's side ffs.

That's when you know you've f'd up.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:29 AM #30

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Easily Ryan and Highie. Andy made himself look like a complete twat
God almighty who is voting for Andy. I have never ever seen such an idiotic over reaction and rampant rant in my life. GET A F U CKING SENSE OF HUMOUR YOU DOPE
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:59 AM #31

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Even Ed is on Ryan and Hughie's side ffs.

That's when you know you've f'd up.
Did you even listen to what Ed actually said...you are picking out the bit that suits your agenda...not cool.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:05 AM #32

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Did you even listen to what Ed actually said...you are picking out the bit that suits your agenda...not cool.
Yes... he said he would have found it funny and Andy overreacted.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:07 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Yes... he said he would have found it funny and Andy overreacted.
Yes, and you missed out the bits where he explained why Andy overreacted. To suit your agenda.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:27 AM #34
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
The joke itself was a petty attempt at poking fun of Andy's engagement, but the way Andy manipulated it into a human right issue was pretty pathetic.
Tea.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:19 AM #35
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Fail to see how there's any proof of it being an attempt to mock Andy's good news; they all seemed to be happy for him. Doing a copycat joke of something isn't necessarily demeaning it, and if you're that insecure about your engagement then that's your issue. Personally, I'd consider Andy being unappreciative of the engagement ring as more of an alarm bell than a joke between two annoying housemates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 AM #36
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Fail to see how there's any proof of it being an attempt to mock Andy's good news; they all seemed to be happy for him. Doing a copycat joke of something isn't necessarily demeaning it, and if you're that insecure about your engagement then that's your issue. Personally, I'd consider Andy being unappreciative of the engagement ring as more of an alarm bell than a joke between two annoying housemates.
Yes! Everyone keeps talking about this amazing sense of great judgement Andy but he often speaks before he thinks. Hughie & Ryan had no role in in minimizing his engagement. In fact, it was him who minimized it by going into such a ridiculous rant for reality TV. He could've rode that high and bolstering his own morale, then gave his views a great platform to open discussion about gay rights. I think even the rest of the house would've been on board if he was inclusive about it. Instead, he is often excluding people from discussions due to his own conceit and arrogance. If he were actually so wise, he would've realized they're all on the same team then and he could've used that to build bridges, but no, he's too busy being a re-narrating reactionary fool. His discussions are always him versus everyone else... he obviously has some kind of inferiority complex... it's boring.

And to think for a bit there I really thought he had a chance to be a comeback hero...

Last edited by Maru; 07-07-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:13 AM #37
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Well obviously not Andy but he deserves a round of applause for that cause it was hilarious
..yeah quite the performance eh, Jack......Laura's face was so funny though../her total bewilderment of it all..'he's talking about people being stoned'...OMG, what..does that happen..?..I know the subject matter is serious but her face though.../bless...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:23 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
Yes! Everyone keeps talking about this amazing sense of great judgement Andy but he often speaks before he thinks. Hughie & Ryan had no role in in minimizing his engagement. In fact, it was him who minimized it by going into such a ridiculous rant for reality TV. He could've rode that high and bolstering his own morale, then gave his views a great platform to open discussion about gay rights. I think even the rest of the house would've been on board if he was inclusive about it. Instead, he is often excluding people from discussions due to his own conceit and arrogance. If he were actually so wise, he would've realized they're all on the same team then and he could've used that to build bridges, but no, he's too busy being a re-narrating reactionary fool. His discussions are always him versus everyone else... he obviously has some kind of inferiority complex... it's boring.

And to think for a bit there I really thought he had a chance to be a comeback hero...
Yes, he's so boring that he has us talking about him at 4am in the morning and is often the main topic of discussion around here. I haven't heard anyone say he has an amazing sense of great judgement or wisdom, as you proclaim. We that like him say he has his own principles and he is often socially awkward. He's a normal enough, flawed but kind enough soul who is more like the kind of HM you would get in the days when BB was about the diversity of the man in the street and not about dim witted attention seeking fame*****s who flaunt themselves about mindlessly half naked and having sex while looking to see if the camera is catching the moment. Not about fake tans and fake boobs and who can shout the loudest and be the most dramatic in the DR by practically having a put - on nervous breakdown.
He's causing drama but not in the old hat anything - goes ways of recent times. He's refreshingly different and that's why we think he's a great HM. He doesn't have to have a showmance, screech like a banshee, walk around shirtless, or be Mr. Nice Guy who makes it to the end by doing fuke all. He just has to be Andy.

Last edited by jet; 07-07-2016 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:31 AM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah quite the performance eh, Jack......Laura's face was so funny though../her total bewilderment of it all..'he's talking about people being stoned'...OMG, what..does that happen..?..I know the subject matter is serious but her face though.../bless...
Hi Ammi! Are you on holiday too and still up? I've got another week off - bliss.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:34 AM #40
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Hi Ammi! Are you on holiday too and still up? I've got another week off - bliss.
...morning to you, Jet....no this is my average waking up time and why I struggle to stay awake after 9pm......plus I have so much work to do at home atm and so much stuff going on that it's becoming hard to switch off from it...
Old 07-07-2016, 03:42 AM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...morning to you, Jet....no this is my average waking up time and why I struggle to stay awake after 9pm......plus I have so much work to do at home atm and so much stuff going on that it's becoming hard to switch off from it...
I fell asleep this afternoon and didn't wake until 7pm so I've been wide awake well past my bedtime. Going to turn in now though. Nighty night!
Old 07-07-2016, 03:45 AM #42
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I fell asleep this afternoon and didn't wake until 7pm so I've been wide awake well past my bedtime. Going to turn in now though. Nighty night!
...awww, I hate when that happens and you sleep such a deep sleep in daytime hours and then it messes up your sleeping pattern...and think of all the chores you could have done yesterday as well.....yeah you go give Mrs Jet a hug in bed before she starts her day with you lagging behind, you enjoy your day sir and take care....
Old 07-07-2016, 03:52 AM #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
OMFG this argument nearly topped pancake-gate

STONED TO DEATH.....STONED!!!!
What a disgusting post. Are you suggesting people don't get stoned to death for being homosexual?

Next you'll be telling us that religious headcases don't throw members of the LGBT community from 10 storey buildings either...or take their heads off with swords.

Put your caps away and go and think about what some minorities fight for, and die for.

At least Andy has some perspective about what people should refrain from kidding about at this time. Imagine the reaction on here and elsewhere if Ryan and Hughie had been kidding that they had just drawn an image of mohammed holding hands with a guy?...the whole world would be in turmoil right now, never mind BB and this site.

Does that explain why Andy might not find their prank funny...or would their drawing just be seen as a joke too, if they carried it out?

No. I thought not.
ConnieLingus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:01 AM #44

Even though Andy can be too serious for his own good sometimes, I'm with Andy on this. Hughie and Ryan were baiting him. Why make fun of him when it's not that long ago Ryan had to more or less tell Hughie 'enough was enough' with baiting Andy.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:04 AM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Easily Ryan and Highie. Andy made himself look like a complete twat
Andy is a complete twat.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:17 AM #46

Andy was completely out of line.

His logic about gay marriage being off limits to mocking because campaigners have fought for it is way off. People have fought, not only for it to be able to happen, but to 'normalise' it, in which case if it's as normal as 'straight marriage' then it is equally as open to mocking, and gay people can mock gay marriage as much as straight people can mock straight marriage, because if we have equal marriage rights, then the gay/straight distinction within marriage, shouldn't be relevant. And the fact that Hughie and Ryan were able to mock 'marriage' without people questioning the validity of it based on them both being men, actually highlights the success of those campaigners, because if you want something to be treated as equal, then you have to take the good and the bad, 'the bad' including mocking.
Andy, although I do believe his intentions were good, is the one in this situation whose attitude was offensive to the gay people who campaigned for equal rights, because he's the one who took something that everyone else was treating as normal, and turned it into something that should be looked at and treated differently because it involved gay people.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:29 AM #47
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post

His logic about gay marriage being off limits to mocking because campaigners have fought for it is way off. People have fought, not only for it to be able to happen, but to 'normalise' it, in which case if it's as normal as 'straight marriage' then it is equally as open to mocking, and gay people can mock gay marriage as much as straight people can mock straight marriage, because if we have equal marriage rights, then the gay/straight distinction within marriage, shouldn't be relevant. And the fact that Hughie and Ryan were able to mock 'marriage' without people questioning the validity of it based on them both being men, actually highlights the success of those campaigners, because if you want something to be treated as equal, then you have to take the good and the bad, 'the bad' including mocking.
Andy, although I do believe his intentions were good, is the one in this situation whose attitude was offensive to the gay people who campaigned for equal rights, because he's the one who took something that everyone else was treating as normal, and turned it into something that should be looked at and treated differently because it involved gay people.

....hmmmm, see I don't even think that his intentions were good Jamie..I think that his intentions were game-play....his 'intelligence' to me seem to be too often, to observe opportunities that he can manipulate to make others look bad or worse than they are..etc...
Old 07-07-2016, 06:38 AM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post

Another excellent post from you Jamie - one which I totally agree with, except the part which I have emboldened.

I do not personally believe Andy is the nice, benign guy which a lot of members on here seem to think he is, because virtually from day one, I have considered him a very crafty, intelligent game-player, who will do anything to win, and up to now he has played the BB game perfectly.

He has back-stabbed and told tales, and this latest 'faux' outrage from him, and his cynical clutching of the 'Gay Rights' banner, over a bit of harmless fun from Hughie and Ryan, is yet just another example of cunning Andy exploiting a situation to enamour himself with the viewers.

Andy is THE most devious of a house crammed with devious people, but he is - probably - the most convincing actor.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:44 AM #49

Quote:
....hmmmm, see I don't even think that his intentions were good Jamie..I think that his intentions were game-play....his 'intelligence' to me seem to be too often, to observe opportunities that he can manipulate to make others look bad or worse than they are..etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Another excellent post from you Jamie - one which I totally agree with, except the part which I have emboldened.

I do not personally believe Andy is the nice, benign guy which a lot of members on here seem to think he is, because virtually from day one, I have considered him a very crafty, intelligent game-player, who will do anything to win, and up to now he has played the BB game perfectly.

He has back-stabbed and told tales, and this latest 'faux' outrage from him, and his cynical clutching of the 'Gay Rights' banner, over a bit of harmless fun from Hughie and Ryan, is yet just another example of cunning Andy exploiting a situation to enamour himself with the viewers.

Andy is THE most devious of a house crammed with devious people, but he is - probably - the most convincing actor.
You could both be right on that, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt more than anything, because I sort of imagine that he views himself as some kind of gay rights hero in his every day life, in which case his opinions on this I'd imagine might be the same on the outside as they were in the house. That being said though, his line at the end of the show I definitely think was for the cameras...
Talking to himself: "Why can't you keep your mouth shut. Because too many people keep their mouths shut"
I think that part was very much contrived. But I still think his emotional reaction when the situation arose, as much as I think he was in the wrong like I said in my post, was possibly genuine to how he felt.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:48 AM #50
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Not Andy doing a Halfwit.