Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:10 PM #176
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defizo View Post
Every time somebody breaks out, everybody says BB shouldn't let them back.

Now that this has actually happened, everyone loses their minds?
I came on here to say this.

I remember when Gemma and Daniella walked out and people kept complaining saying "if people say they want to go, let them go" or if they break out don't let them back in and now they've done that people are getting annoyed. I doubt that would be the case if it was an unpopular housemate on here.

I like Emma and I'm sad to see her go but if she kept trying to break out, it's obvious she didn't want to be in there so I don't think it was wrong ejecting her. Although it is a silly reason mind and it screams trying to cut the numbers short.

Last edited by Jason.; 07-07-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:14 PM #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
And I don't blame her. Jackson in particular needs to dial back the self righteous crap, he got a video of his child in the end so no harm done.
Yeah they were meant to be friends tbf. Even if he had an issue with it at the time, it all worked out fine for everyone, they'd all said their piece on it, and he and everyone else should have just got over it and let it go. Like you said, no harm done in the end. I think he kept going with it to make himself look better to the public though.
I think you can tell from her face in that video that she'd had enough of the crap, and that the house was just going to bring her further down.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:16 PM #178
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Not everyone
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:20 PM #179

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
CBB21: India Willoughby

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
CBB21: India Willoughby

The more recent ejections have been pathetic

Aaron Frew- Flashed
Tila Tequila- Tweets from the outside world FROM 2012
Andrew Tate- A video from the outside world FROM 2012 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
And Now Emma Jensen- For breaking out the house.

And they dont eject vile bullies?

I'd be the next Raph but I'd fail the psych evaluation

Spoiler:

Jay28jay2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:20 PM #180

Quote:

I don't think anyone's really saying that it was wrong to eject her though, people just seem to be either pointing out that it's inconsistent with what's happened in the past, or posting that they're sad she's left.
Personally I think it's good that they're sticking to the rules, and I hope that they do this for every housemate in the same circumstances, it annoys me when contestants escape then come back. But that doesn't stop me from being sad that she's not on the show anymore.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:27 PM #181

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

She obviously wanted to go and be with her boyfriend,afterall she pressed that button so soon after she had already spent the night with him,so,no loss really

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:30 PM #182
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No his Cock was Solid
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:34 PM #183
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Of course I think my opinion is right and better than everyone else's, it's my damn opinion I'm so bored of having to say this on here when it's such a stupid argument. It wouldn't be much of an opinion if I didn't believe it were right, would it? What do you want me to do, write 'IMO' at the end of all of my posts? Because me typing something out on a forum should be pretty obvious that it's my opinion
Oh. Well then let me blow your mind real quick

Your opinion is not better than everybody elses

You not realising this is the problem.

Think we just solved it.

Last edited by Withano; 07-07-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:38 PM #184
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Oh. Well then let me blow your mind real quick

Your opinion is hot better than everybody else

You not realising this is thhe problem.

Think we just solved it.
Ah but here's the caveat which opens up the matrix - that is of course your opinion of my opinion! Aren't forums fun?

We didn't solve anything, you've chopped and chosen the parts of my posts you wish to criticise (mainly the ones regarding me believing in my own opinion) and ignored all of the valid points I made in justification of my perspective - the initial discussion we were actually having. Presumably because you don't know how to respond?
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:43 PM #185
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ah but here's the caveat which opens up the matrix - that is of course your opinion of my opinion! Aren't forums fun?

We didn't solve anything, you've chopped and chosen the parts of my posts you wish to criticise (mainly the ones regarding me believing in my own opinion) and ignored all of the valid points I made in justification of my perspective - the initial discussion we were actually having. Presumably because you don't know how to respond?
The initial discussion made zero sense, you completely contradicted yourself whilst being blissfully unaware, which is pretty out of character for you because your posts usually make you out to be a pretty smart guy.

I can summarise your points to make it clearer why a lot of people on this thread have been confused by your logic

You want the show to be better by keeping the housemates that the majority dislike in
Illogical
You believe people dont know what they want to watch and only you know what they want to watch, so opinion polls are useless because they dont coinside with yours
Stupid and conceited
You believe your opinion trumps all elses, making it not much of a discussion at all, just a belittling egotist really
You usually come off better than this, today your posts were dumb.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:49 PM #186
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfox View Post
Because it's not consistent. In this series alone:
Jane
Marco
Chelsea
Emma
Victoria

all walked out and were all allowed to return. Victoria chose not to. All of sudden they've made up a rule that if you do it twice you can't come back. I'm sure some of the others would have liked a day off if they knew they could come back so easily.

Do we actually know what happened with Emma as yet?
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:02 PM #187

Quote:
Georgina's eviction week definitely wasn't as good as Natalie's, this series is a bit up and down but the quality has been good, just to varying levels. All that is though is proof that if you pick a cast with few duds (even Alex and Sam have had their moments) it will deliver

But in a general sense it is most definitely detrimental to the overall, objective success of the show. Evict a housemate who is the star of the series and creating lots of discussion and it is going to suffer since all of that discussion is wiped out and they're no longer around to provoke things happening. Now the argument that succeeds this is always 'yeah but then we see other housemates!' and I just think that's silly, because effectively you're evicting a housemate you know is contributing on the gamble that someone else may or may not step up to the plate, and 90% of the time they do not (this series is a notable exception because of the aforementioned good cast) so it's a pointless decision which has a negative affect on the series. There are also instances where it negatively affects ratings too, I'm not making this up - there's proof of it
Exactly! I agree with this entire post, especially with the bolded part. I have always felt this way. Marco and Natalie may have annoyed me at times, but they both brought a lot to the show. The same goes with Georgina. They generated a lot of discussion and contributed to many of the story lines.

So unfortunately, whenever a big character is evicted, then BAM! It impacts everything! It means that a long host of potential/developing/interesting/intriguing/dynamic story lines go straight out the window in one large swoop - and that completely brings down the momentum and overall quality of the program.

Its foolish to act like huge personalities like Marco, Georgina, and Natalie leaving early do not hurt the show. I don't know why people don't understand this.
minny03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:12 PM #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Marshy. You have your old avatar back. This is good... I approve.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:14 PM #189

Quote:
No it isn't, I'm thinking about what's best for the series itself. If I thought what was best for me then my favourites would be completely different and more along the lines of who I support in the US and Canada. I support housemates in the UK based on the objective contribution they are offering to the series since those housemates are the ones sparking discussions and drawing attention to the show and thus they need to stay for the success of the franchise. Nothing more, nothing less. If anything I'm doing y'all a favour

As a side note I understand I'm the minority but rewind a few years and I was part of a majority who thought like this, I honestly don't know what happened but I've watched things fall by the wayside on this forum over the years and now it's only me and a few others who are holding the fort while many others who once agreed have now turned to the dark side tragic, but what can you do?
To keep the ones you speak of in the house would be saying that the general masses approve of their behaviour. Not sure how much influence these thing have on general social behaviour but to approve of bad behaviour for the sake of entertainment would be having little children everywhere having tantrums and telling decent people to *******off.

So the question is are you really seeing the the bigger long-term picture of is it really all just about entertainment and rewarding and only geting to choose a winner from the worst of the worst?
MarcusMel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM #190
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

I think my biggest thing about Talking Points is that this show is already on its last legs, in its seveneenth iteration airing on a crap channel to a cult audience. I really don't think who is and isn't evicted and who is and isn't A Big Character is going to help the show's status because it barely has a status to begin with.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:34 PM #191
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The initial discussion made zero sense, you completely contradicted yourself whilst being blissfully unaware, which is pretty out of character for you because your posts usually make you out to be a pretty smart guy.

I can summarise your points to make it clearer why a lot of people on this thread have been confused by your logic

You want the show to be better by keeping the housemates that the majority dislike in
Illogical
You believe people dont know what they want to watch and only you know what they want to watch, so opinion polls are useless because they dont coinside with yours
Stupid and conceited
You believe your opinion trumps all elses, making it not much of a discussion at all, just a belittling egotist really
You usually come off better than this, today your posts were dumb.
Please refer me to the part of the discussion where I contradicted myself?

It isn't illogical, because if you'd paid attention to any of the arguments I'd presented you'd have noticed I kept repeating that housemates who are disliked are better than housemates people have no opinion on since shows like these thrive off of discussion - nobody is going to talk about a housemate that has little impact on anyone. As the saying goes, all publicity is good publicity and it doesn't matter whether people dislike certain housemates, that is a GOOD thing. People love to hate and housemates who incite discussion and opinions are beneficial to the show. Discussion equals attention and attention equals a successful series.

They don't know what they want to watch! You only need to sit back and observe this forum, other forums and social media to see the inevitable go down every series. A housemate that is divisive and domineering is chastised and people demand they are evicted, rinse and repeat for several weeks. These same people then complain the series is boring! It's like turkeys voting for Christmas, the majority of viewers watch the show through a subjective lens caring only about housemates they like as people (which is an entirely different discussion altogether that we won't go near). The problem is that if everybody does that, no one is thinking about the overall quality of the show! The majority of viewers are praising this series and a lot of that has to do with what has gone down, now it's all fine and dandy having opinions on who is right and wrong in arguments etc but once you start wanting people who are involved in the events that you think are making this series so good to be evicted - you are destroying it! You can't have an opinion on future incidents if said housemates aren't there to cause one can you? I'm going off on a tangent here but to add to all of this: there have been instances throughout BBUK's history where ratings have declined when a big character have been evicted, so I'm not making this up. People don't know what is best for the overall quality of the series

Of course I think my opinion trumps all else: it. is. my. ****ing. opinion. I've seen some idiotic things written on here in my eight years of membership but this criticism being bandied around all the time in different threads and to different members really is one of the worst of them all. It isn't much of an opinion if you don't believe it to be correct! It should go without saying that every post I type out on a discussion forum is my own opinion, I don't need to add the pointless 'IMO' to every one of them. The point of a forum is for you to post your opinion and debate with others why you think yours is right and theirs is wrong, otherwise what exactly is the point in us being here if we're all just going to concede 'yeah well that's my opinion and yours is yours so'...we may as well not post them and just keep our views to ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minny03 View Post
Exactly! I agree with this entire post, especially with the bolded part. I have always felt this way. Marco and Natalie may have annoyed me at times, but they both brought a lot to the show. The same goes with Georgina. They generated a lot of discussion and contributed to many of the story lines.

So unfortunately, whenever a big character is evicted, then BAM! It impacts everything! It means that a long host of potential/developing/interesting/intriguing/dynamic story lines go straight out the window in one large swoop - and that completely brings down the momentum and overall quality of the program.

Its foolish to act like huge personalities like Marco, Georgina, and Natalie leaving early do not hurt the show. I don't know why people don't understand this.
With every person who posts something like this, my faith in this forums taste and sensibility is restored so thank you

I agree with every word you've said.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 PM #192
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I think my biggest thing about Talking Points is that this show is already on its last legs, in its seveneenth iteration airing on a crap channel to a cult audience. I really don't think who is and isn't evicted and who is and isn't A Big Character is going to help the show's status because it barely has a status to begin with.
[2]
Old 07-07-2016, 06:36 PM #193
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No his Cock was Solid
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:40 PM #194
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by minny03 View Post

That's just such an odd way of looking at it. The fact is that it's all subjective. Who is anyone to say that what hurts the show for them also hurts it for everyone else? That's not how it works, different people derive enjoyment from different things.

For me, Marco staying would have been a detriment to my enjoyment. The same for Natalie and the same for Georgina. If their evictions hurt the show for you, fair enough and you have every right to express that. What you don't have the right to do, however, is to basically say that this opinion of yours is, or at least should be, shared by everybody else otherwise they're "foolish". Their evictions didn't hurt the show for me. I'm not in denial about anything, I'm genuinely glad they're gone.

By the same token, I'll miss having Emma around but I don't, for some bizarre reason, expect the people who didn't like her to miss her just because I said that's the right way of thinking. There's nothing for people to "understand" because you're not working with facts here.

Last edited by Lostie!; 07-07-2016 at 06:41 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 PM #195
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMel View Post
To keep the ones you speak of in the house would be saying that the general masses approve of their behaviour. Not sure how much influence these thing have on general social behaviour but to approve of bad behaviour for the sake of entertainment would be having little children everywhere having tantrums and telling decent people to *******off.

So the question is are you really seeing the the bigger long-term picture of is it really all just about entertainment and rewarding and only geting to choose a winner from the worst of the worst?
I'll answer that one for you: none at all. Big Brother is trash television airing on a trash television channel. Anyone seriously looking towards it for moral guidance as if it's culturally relevant needs to reassess their priorities.

Big Brother is not a charity, nor is it a morality competition. What happens inside the confines of a glorified television set - the content of which we watch for 48 minutes a night - has no bearing on the outside world, what anyone stands for, or what is and isn't acceptable. Nor does who wins. It isn't real life. People don't need to be 'rewarded', it is an entertainment gameshow and the person that wins the cash prize that goes along with it should be the person who has contributed the most to the series, as they have been one of if not the one who has sustained it throughout. We would not have a show without them.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:43 PM #196
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Eject all the ones who ran after her

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:07 PM #197
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Please refer me to the part of the discussion where I contradicted myself?

It isn't illogical, because if you'd paid attention to any of the arguments I'd presented you'd have noticed I kept repeating that housemates who are disliked are better than housemates people have no opinion on since shows like these thrive off of discussion - nobody is going to talk about a housemate that has little impact on anyone. As the saying goes, all publicity is good publicity and it doesn't matter whether people dislike certain housemates, that is a GOOD thing. People love to hate and housemates who incite discussion and opinions are beneficial to the show. Discussion equals attention and attention equals a successful series.

They don't know what they want to watch! You only need to sit back and observe this forum, other forums and social media to see the inevitable go down every series. A housemate that is divisive and domineering is chastised and people demand they are evicted, rinse and repeat for several weeks. These same people then complain the series is boring! It's like turkeys voting for Christmas, the majority of viewers watch the show through a subjective lens caring only about housemates they like as people (which is an entirely different discussion altogether that we won't go near). The problem is that if everybody does that, no one is thinking about the overall quality of the show! The majority of viewers are praising this series and a lot of that has to do with what has gone down, now it's all fine and dandy having opinions on who is right and wrong in arguments etc but once you start wanting people who are involved in the events that you think are making this series so good to be evicted - you are destroying it! You can't have an opinion on future incidents if said housemates aren't there to cause one can you? I'm going off on a tangent here but to add to all of this: there have been instances throughout BBUK's history where ratings have declined when a big character have been evicted, so I'm not making this up. People don't know what is best for the overall quality of the series

Of course I think my opinion trumps all else: it. is. my. ****ing. opinion. I've seen some idiotic things written on here in my eight years of membership but this criticism being bandied around all the time in different threads and to different members really is one of the worst of them all. It isn't much of an opinion if you don't believe it to be correct! It should go without saying that every post I type out on a discussion forum is my own opinion, I don't need to add the pointless 'IMO' to every one of them. The point of a forum is for you to post your opinion and debate with others why you think yours is right and theirs is wrong, otherwise what exactly is the point in us being here if we're all just going to concede 'yeah well that's my opinion and yours is yours so'...we may as well not post them and just keep our views to ourselves? :conf
Telling people that you base your favourites on what people on the show want to watch and then ignoring what people are telling you they want to watch because you genuinely believe that you - personally you - have a better understanding of what they want to watch is completely contradictory to your goal. And also conceited and egotistical.

And yet again your opinion isnt worth more, everyone seems to understand that their is opinion is one of many, you seem to believe your opinion is the best one of all. And thats just dumb dude.

All your points on this thread were dumb, I dunno how to explain this to a guy who think only his opinions are important cus theyre his opinions...

maybe type less and read more.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:23 PM #198
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Telling people that you base your favourites on what people on the show want to watch and then ignoring what people are telling you they want to watch because you genuinely believe that you - personally you - have a better understanding of what they want to watch is completely contradictory to your goal. And also conceited and egotistical.

And yet again your opinion isnt worth more, everyone seems to understand that their is opinion is one of many, you seem to believe your opinion is the best one of all. And thats just dumb dude.

All your points on this thread were dumb, I dunno how to explain this to a guy who think only his opinions are important cus theyre his opinions...

maybe type less and read more.
So are you just going to bypass and ignore the fact that there are people who demand certain housemates are evicted and then complain it's boring? Or how about ratings declining throughout BBUK history when certain big characters have been evicted? It would be contradictory if I believed the majority of viewers knew what they wanted to watch - but for the umpteenth time, I don't. And the evidence justifies my stance. So for the last time, whether people are actively conscious of it or not, they enjoy watching divisive housemates because they provoke a reaction out of them and get them talking about and interested in the show. Does this apply to every single viewer ever? No, but for the casuals it certainly does.

Err...when have I ever stated my opinion isn't one of many? Now you are putting words into my mouth. I am literally posting on a forum full of hundreds of members of differing opinions - of course my opinion is one of many. But like the majority of sane people, I believe my opinion to be correct, and I post on this forum to debate with others why I believe that to be the case. Because, shock horror - that is the point of a forum! If you don't think your opinion is right, or aren't interested in debating the merits of yours and the downfalls of someone else's - may I politely suggest that maybe a forum isn't really your thing? Because I think you're missing the point of them.

All of my points were valid and justified, the only dumb responses in this discussion have come from you because you're refusing to address things that I raise, making me repeat myself and then asking the same questions over and over again.

Once again you've basically ignored the points I raise, chose not to address them and instead resorted to insulting me. Perhaps you should both type and read more - it's hysterical that you're accusing me of not doing that when you've ignored half of the things I've repeated ad nauseam in this thread. Oh and as a side note, I'll type as much as I see fit - if you are incapable of or unwilling to partake in reading comprehension that's your choice - but again perhaps a forum isn't the best place for you.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:40 PM #199

'I had to evacuate' Big Brother's Emma on why she REALLY walked out http://shr.gs/kCACCpV
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:53 PM #200

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

She started to grow on me.
It's all because of Jackson

azi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic