Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:56 PM #201

Thank god. Couldn't stand listening to her talk about negative energy any longer.
rebecca9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:58 PM #202
Nah

Nah

k bye. who cared about her anyway?
Old 07-07-2016, 08:01 PM #203
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Ironic youre discussing comprehension when youre completely unwilling to acknowledge others opinions because you think theyre worse less than yours.

I only ignore the assumptions you make which can not be proven or disproven by either one of us because thats a waste of time.

im not about to waste any more of my time goig round in circles with you, just tone down your ego a bit.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:11 PM #204

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Cant say that I am bothered about her, thought she was quite self centred.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:50 PM #205
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Ironic youre discussing comprehension when youre completely unwilling to acknowledge others opinions because you think theyre worse less than yours.

I only ignore the assumptions you make which can not be proven or disproven by either one of us because thats a waste of time.

im not about to waste any more of my time goig round in circles with you, just tone down your ego a bit.
So unwilling to acknowledge other people's opinions that in my first reply to you in this thread I said I do just that (again you need to read threads properly), and every post subsequent to it has been me trying to engage in a debate as to why I don't agree with those opinions

Well technically I could probably prove both of them - I could definitely search around for ratings decreases although it would take a while, and I could guarantee I'd find posts on here from previous series of people who wanted certain housemates evicted and then later complained it's boring. Can you justify whatever stance you actually have (cause you've failed to engage in any debate here) with evidence? I doubt it

If I have an ego for having conviction in my opinion and believing it's right then so must 99% of this forum and the people on any discussion board on the entirety of the internet, but you know that already babe
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:05 PM #206

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Nooo! Is this true?!! I really liked her!! But to be fair she has no chance of making the final! But She was in my top 3 housemates!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:05 PM #207

Emma's final words
https://twitter.com/bbuk/status/751158309902688256
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:06 PM #208
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I am glad BBs patience run out with Emma.
I think she was pleased anyway, after her Boyfriend being in, I think she wanted out really.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 PM #209
0_o

0_o

Maybe this will stop the idiots doing it all the ****ing time now.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:08 PM #210

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
I'm declaring today a national day of mourning, we will never forget Emma!
who?
Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:10 PM #211

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
"I am regrateful"

Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:56 PM #212
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
However speaking this evening during a phone press conference after her exit, Emma claimed she wanted to get out anyway.

"They say they removed me from the house, but I definitely escaped with the intention of getting the hell out of that house," she told media. "When I escaped, I was so excited and thrilled at the thought of freedom that I did not want to go back to the house.

"And so I'm more than happy and so, so excited that I've actually been removed finally after 32 days."

Emma, who teased she had originally planned to escape with boyfriend Josh, had entered the series last month with twin sister Victoria who left in the first week after also escaping out of the house.
From Tellymix
Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 PM #213

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

I do believe she genuinely wanted to go unlike the others who have done it for attention

Last edited by Jordan.; 07-07-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:00 AM #214

Favourites:

Favourites:

Saying they "ejected" her will get more media attention than saying she walked
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:22 AM #215
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I'll answer that one for you: none at all. Big Brother is trash television airing on a trash television channel. Anyone seriously looking towards it for moral guidance as if it's culturally relevant needs to reassess their priorities.

Big Brother is not a charity, nor is it a morality competition. What happens inside the confines of a glorified television set - the content of which we watch for 48 minutes a night - has no bearing on the outside world, what anyone stands for, or what is and isn't acceptable. Nor does who wins. It isn't real life. People don't need to be 'rewarded', it is an entertainment gameshow and the person that wins the cash prize that goes along with it should be the person who has contributed the most to the series, as they have been one of if not the one who has sustained it throughout. We would not have a show without them.
I really think many people watch for different reasons than you. That said, Big Brother is a personality contest at core. People are going to vote out the personalities they want to see go the most. The game you're talking about is more agnostic and simply can't exist in a VTE situation.

I also think some people, perhaps yourself, overestimate the power of this forum here as being closely representative of the voting public. We are more effective at popularizing the show rather than taking it down by ****ty reasoning by way of votes especially with forums being niche these days. Truthfully, most voters are probably unconnected and limited to a shorter range social media (things like Twitter, FB, etc). This is why when we poll the public in elections, we have to be careful how we screen them through questions because the reasons people vote are myriad.

I agree with you in general that voting out all the characters so early on does limit the amount of controversy in that household, therefore making it easier for certain characters to coast to the final. I usually prefer VTS in CBB for that very reason. With exception to Marco (he was a 24/7 freakshow, sorry, not a character at all 100% rancid sewer water). I did not like seeing Natalie and Georgina go so soon. I'm just one voice out of many though and can't vote since I'm out of country.

Last edited by Maru; 08-07-2016 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:28 AM #216

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB17: Jason

its so blatantly obvious they are looking for excuses to lose some of the HMs, emma didnt deserve to be booted out
tanussa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:16 AM #217
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I'm sad that she's gone but it showed to me that she really isn't a selfish person at all, but just did something for herself in the house/acted on her emotions that one time and then was made to feel really bad about it.....anyways though, I think that she would have gone anyway and maybe wasn't so much what Jackson was saying but more that her boyfriend coming in had unsettled her and made it harder and she obviously wanted to be with him...it's not always a good thing and the 'treat' that Jackson may think to spend time with your loved ones in there, I don't think....he really is a little clueless with stuff like that...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:30 AM #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I'm sad that she's gone but it showed to me that she really isn't a selfish person at all, but just did something for herself in the house/acted on her emotions that one time and then was made to feel really bad about it.....anyways though, I think that she would have gone anyway and maybe wasn't so much what Jackson was saying but more that her boyfriend coming in had unsettled her and made it harder and she obviously wanted to be with him...it's not always a good thing and the 'treat' that Jackson may think to spend time with your loved ones in there, I don't think....he really is a little clueless with stuff like that...
I agree with all of this, but especially the part I've highlighted, because I really feel that ever since she pressed the buzzer she's been labelled as a selfish person, but committing a selfish act doesn't make you a selfish person. I think everyone at some time or another has done something selfish, and I'd wonder if any of the people labeling Emma as a selfish person have ever done anything selfish themselves. It's just a normal human thing that anyone can succumb to, but especially in extreme situations, and for Emma, being in the house and being separated from people she loved was an extreme situation, I mean she went in the house with the person she was closest too and even she'd left, and I don't think anyone is really going to understand how that might feel, or what kind of impact it will have on someone's experience, it kind of makes Emma's experience of being separated from loved ones unique, and the continued animosity towards her showed that they weren't going to understand how she felt, and the thought of being continuously reminded of the people she was separated from was too much, rather than her escape simply being a reaction to being called names as some people have suggested. That's my take on it anyway.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:42 AM #219
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I agree with all of this, but especially the part I've highlighted, because I really feel that ever since she pressed the buzzer she's been labelled as a selfish person, but committing a selfish act doesn't make you a selfish person. I think everyone at some time or another has done something selfish, and I'd wonder if any of the people labeling Emma as a selfish person have ever done anything selfish themselves. It's just a normal human thing that anyone can succumb to, but especially in extreme situations, and for Emma, being in the house and being separated from people she loved was an extreme situation, I mean she went in the house with the person she was closest too and even she'd left, and I don't think anyone is really going to understand how that might feel, or what kind of impact it will have on someone's experience, it kind of makes Emma's experience of being separated from loved ones unique, and the continued animosity towards her showed that they weren't going to understand how she felt, and the thought of being continuously reminded of the people she was separated from was too much, rather than her escape simply being a reaction to being called names as some people have suggested. That's my take on it anyway.

..yeah I think also Jamie, that pressing the buzzer the second time was quite telling ..(..as it was quite contradictory to her character as we've seen..)...as to how much the visit had unsettled her and had ended up being not the 'treat' at all in terms of her carrying on her time in the house from there on in...in fairness to Jackson though, although his words may have been a huge part of it happening right at that moment in time, I do feel that it was an inevitable anyway in her heart and he only prompted or helped prompt what her emotions were saying and would have always said and guided her...she had experienced the positive and love vibe again and there was no going back for her from that...(I think the right decision for her personally and I think she was only in there for personal reasons so all is good..)...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:40 AM #220

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
BBUSA22: Cody

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
BBUSA22: Cody

Whoa, I'm watching yesterday's episode and I'm like WHAT? How Big Brother could be so cruel to her?
She was one of my favourites. What a lost!
Old 08-07-2016, 08:42 AM #221

Favourites (more):
BB19: Zoe
BBCanada 4: Tim

Favourites (more):
BB19: Zoe
BBCanada 4: Tim

Well, really, I think they ejected her because they thought she was boring, and it made a convenient excuse.
Chero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:49 AM #222

If she wanted to leave why did she not do it properly in the DR? The reason she didnt is she new she would be up for eviction and didnt want to face the crowd.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:13 AM #223
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv...pes-house.html

So if Ryan breaks out again he'll be ejected?
Of course not he's Ryan! Their favourite alongside Hughie! If anything he'd probably get thrown in a Bedsit with special treatment cos producers would fear loosing their prized housemate.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:32 PM #224

She got ejected for walking.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:40 PM #225
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash