Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 PM #1

Default \"Shipla Outraged by Booby Kan, and Jazz Barton\'s Fraud\"

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY MANSI

"SHILPA OUTRAGED BY BOBBY KHAN, AND JAZZ BARTON'S FRAUD"

Mumbai, Actress Shilpa Shetty's elation at her international triumph vanishes when she speaks about the two people - Bobby Khan and Jazz Barton, who allegedly exploited her name and position as the "Celebrity Big Brother" winner to make illegal deals on her behalf.

She is a mixture of grief and indignation.

"They've completely taken advantage of the fact that I wasn't allowed to speak to the press after I came out of 'Big Brother'. Yes, I've filed a defamation case against them. I believe in doing what's right. I considered Bobby a friend," Shilpa told IANS.

At the same time Shilpa acknowledges Bobby's hand in her current status.

"I never denied that the 'Big Brother' deal came through him. I give him complete credit for that. I paid 6,000 pounds to Jazz. She was the common factor between me and Endemol (the company that produced 'Big Brother')."

She is honest enough to admit others were approached first for the reality show.

"They wanted a Bollywood actor. They first approached a couple of other actors. Then, finally, I did it. The next thing I know, when I come out of 'Big Brother' Jazz had signed a huge deal on my behalf with the British newspaper The Sun! How could she? Nobody has the power of attorney to do that.

"I've best PR people and agent in Britain, people who've handled Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and David Beckham. Who are Bobby and Jazz springing into the picture to claim they're my agents? They just want to make a quick buck."

Shilpa accuses Jazz of making a fool of herself on the BBC.

"These are people who've called themselves my friends. They're now shaming my country and me. What will people think? I was saddened by the loose statements Bobby made about my family and my mother in particular. How dare he even think of speaking like that about her? I was very hurt."

The hurt to the family precipitated the legal action.

"I can't take any slander against my family. Hit out at me, not my family. Even the money that I received as the last instalment for 'Big Brother' has gone to Jazz's account. I didn't stop that. I don't know how they can claim that Shilpa duped them. We don't belong to that class of people who deprive others of their rightful money."

bollywood world
Sasha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic