Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 23-07-2016, 10:01 PM #1

Default I understand tonight why Hughie hates Andy

I finally saw something for first time tonight. The way Hughie deflects the finger of accusation from himself is to turn a disagreement into chaos where the point that was being made about him gets forgotten or lost in a blizzard of shouting and abuse.
He tried it tonight with Jason and partly managed to pull it off. He jumps on any small discrepancy in the other persons argument as an excuse to jump in....

Jason accused him of calling him terrible names 24 hours or 48 hours after Ryan left...Hughie jumped straight in to say it wasn't 48 hours and then Hughie had control again and his voice dominated the room.

Jason said he understood that Hughie was upset that his boyfriend had been evicted....Hughie jumps straight in again to say Ryan isn't his boyfriend and Hughie ONCE AGAIN had control again and his voice dominated the room.

It's not attractive but it is clever, he's a clever little sh-t but he's not as clever as Andy because Andy is the only one who never has discrepancies in what he says so it's impossible for Huey to take Andy off point ...and THAT is why Hughie hates Andy so much....Hughue is actually playing them all and he is not as naive and stupid as he's pretending to be....but the one person who hasn't fallen for it and who Hughie can never manipulate and beat is Andy.

That's why Andy is such a legend.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:07 PM #2

I've never liked Hughie since the start. He is aggressive and yet he wonders why they call him to the diary room. The day he kept calling Andy a liar and a story teller was so uncomfortable to watch. He throws tantrums like a child and his "relationship" with Ryan was so fake.
StevenS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:14 PM #3
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Andy's done himself damage tonight, he basically nitpicked at everything that Hughie said and did.

For his sake I hope that he was drunk because that was very Daniella Westbrook on Stephanie otherwise.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:16 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Andy's done himself damage tonight, he basically nitpicked at everything that Hughie said and did.

For his sake I hope that he was drunk because that was very Daniella Westbrook on Stephanie otherwise.

And Daniella was correct in everything she said to Stephanie Davis .
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:17 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
[/B]

It still was nothing to do with her, and she conducted herself way worse than anything that Stephanie ever did.

KRO!
Old 23-07-2016, 10:21 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
It still was nothing to do with her, and she conducted herself way worse than anything that Stephanie ever did.
Andy showed the same colours he's shown since he entered the house nine weeks ago.....only true colours shining like beacons tonight were Hughie and Jayne....Jayne esp dropped her guard tonight and through the cracks I saw a very two faced and unkind person.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:23 PM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Yinrun

Fair enough, Hughie came across badly tonight, but the fact Andy always has something to say is one of the reasons I dislike him
Glenn-C is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:27 PM #8
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
I finally saw something for first time tonight. The way Hughie deflects the finger of accusation from himself is to turn a disagreement into chaos where the point that was being made about him gets forgotten or lost in a blizzard of shouting and abuse.
He tried it tonight with Jason and partly managed to pull it off. He jumps on any small discrepancy in the other persons argument as an excuse to jump in....

Jason accused him of calling him terrible names 24 hours or 48 hours after Ryan left...Hughie jumped straight in to say it wasn't 48 hours and then Hughie had control again and his voice dominated the room.

Jason said he understood that Hughie was upset that his boyfriend had been evicted....Hughie jumps straight in again to say Ryan isn't his boyfriend and Hughie ONCE AGAIN had control again and his voice dominated the room.

It's not attractive but it is clever, he's a clever little sh-t but he's not as clever as Andy because Andy is the only one who never has discrepancies in what he says so it's impossible for Huey to take Andy off point ...and THAT is why Hughie hates Andy so much....Hughue is actually playing them all and he is not as naive and stupid as he's pretending to be....but the one person who hasn't fallen for it and who Hughie can never manipulate and beat is Andy.

That's why Andy is such a legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defizo View Post
Fair enough, Hughie came across badly tonight, but the fact Andy always has something to say is one of the reasons I dislike him
so all the gobs on legs can say what they like when they like but andy and jason shouldn't?

(and yes, i know i'm putting more into that you said but it was wide open to inference)
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:28 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
[/B]

I agree with Erin... Stephanie Davies is a complete self obsessed idiot who is as low as it can get....she uses her unborn child as ammunition and it's not even born yet....she's using her baby to promote herself and it's not even born yet...
She betrayed and humiliated her boy friend on national tele while his family, his friends and two million viewers watched her...then she came out of the house and tried to ruin his reputation and went on loose women to laugh in his face ....she is one of the coldest people in celebrity circles and borderline sociopathic...
Anyone who thinks she's got any value as a person loses any argument they may have about Andy....you're just wasting your time with me sorry.

Last edited by hot2go; 23-07-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:28 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The only thing that Hughie did wrong was what he did at the beginning of the episode.

KRO!
Old 23-07-2016, 10:30 PM #11

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:

Just brilliant h2go! You are spot on.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:34 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Just brilliant h2go! You are spot on.
Thanks Jet, I dont think I'm wrong but I ain't so clever...it's taken nine weeks for me to see it....Hughie is def nothing like what he is portraying ...nothing...he's much more clever and devious than people think....all the drama and all the joking around is a cleverly constructed smoke screen....and he will prob get the pot of gold at the end because of it.....a massive game player...and believe it or not I actually prefer the fact that he is a game player instead of the total fool I thought he was before....but I don't want him to win...he's not good enough.

Last edited by hot2go; 23-07-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:35 PM #13

Quote:
The fact that Andy always has something to say is what has made him a terrific housemate. He has pulled up everyone's faults and been spot on. He delivers it in such a calm and literate way. As for Hughie he doesn't critique...he just name calls like his immature buddy Ryan. They never offer constructive critisism because they are stupid and extremely immature.
Jackson and Sam just cannot handle debate...they have always regretted the things they have been caught out on and cop out for the sake of appearing like the 'nice guys'....two faced and weak. Alex has just stayed out of everything offering no opinion and avoiding taking sides which is why he is still there. Jayne has been an arse licker.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 11:00 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
The fact that Andy always has something to say is what has made him a terrific housemate. He has pulled up everyone's faults and been spot on. He delivers it in such a calm and literate way. As for Hughie he doesn't critique...he just name calls like his immature buddy Ryan. They never offer constructive critisism because they are stupid and extremely immature.
Jackson and Sam just cannot handle debate...they have always regretted the things they have been caught out on and cop out for the sake of appearing like the 'nice guys'....two faced and weak. Alex has just stayed out of everything offering no opinion and avoiding taking sides which is why he is still there. Jayne has been an arse licker.
love it

So true
Old 23-07-2016, 11:04 PM #15

Quote:

well said..
camertone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 06:31 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I couldn't disagree more vehemently ....the two examples given are Hughie focusing in on things that he knows to be inaccurate/untrue and inaccurate/untrue to him is unfair, so that becomes his focus because he likes 'fair and true'...I don't think it's any kind of manipulation or control at all...with him and Andy, I doubt that he hates Andy at all..hate is a pretty strong emotion and one that I haven't seen any evidence of either feeling for each other but they are very 'chalk and cheese' in many ways which has caused conflicts between them...Andy doesn't always allow Hughie his voice, which means that he doesn't always listen to Hughie and what he's saying/trying to say and Hughie doesn't always listen to Andy because he's too focused on having his voice heard...just causing frustrations for both of them...there's no fault with Andy that he's had advantages of education and a learning of 'control' etc through his life and is able to vocalise in a way that Hughie just can't... and there's no fault with Hughie that he hasn't had the same experiences and finds it difficult to express himself as eloquently...no Hughie is not naďve and he's not stupid but I think that's how he quite often feels/is made to feel whether it's intentional or not ..and when he feels that, he reacts in the only way he knows how to and instinctively and without any manipulation whatsoever...there was nothing to be seen last night with Hughie that hasn't been his consistency all through his time in the house, so far as I could see..whether he's liked for who he is or not...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 07:45 AM #17
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

I think people who do not have emotional intelligence and intellectual intelligence (Hughie has neither) just keep talking over others when they feel threatened. The more they talk their drivel the less they have to hear about themselves and the more likely they are to appear to win the argument. Thus, by ensuring he always has the last, loud word Hughie imagines he has won the argument. Andy, steadfastly sticks quietly to his point and uses his brains and intellect to maintain his viewpoint.

The Gangsta' Toddler (Jackson) uses similar tactics to Hughie. When he feels under threat he develops a patois and talks quickly and keeps talking...Like Hughie he is unable to articulate in an adult way.

Both need to mature their style if they ever want to be taken seriously.
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 08:46 AM #18
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:

Very true and i saw the same ruse used by Hughie too last night, if you over shout anything being said about you ,you feel you have won the argument,but you haven't ,you've lost it
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 11:06 AM #19

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thanks Jet, I dont think I'm wrong but I ain't so clever...it's taken nine weeks for me to see it....Hughie is def nothing like what he is portraying ...nothing...he's much more clever and devious than people think....all the drama and all the joking around is a cleverly constructed smoke screen....and he will prob get the pot of gold at the end because of it.....a massive game player...and believe it or not I actually prefer the fact that he is a game player instead of the total fool I thought he was before....but I don't want him to win...he's not good enough.
FYI us hug hie fans know him inside and out, and we know all this already and it is the main reason for liking him.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 11:08 AM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfox View Post
Hughie is not playing any game. He shoots his mouth off and speaks impulsively. He interrupted Jason because he can be rude and often interrupts everyone. He corrected Jason because Jason made false statements.

He doesn't hate Andy but he doesn't like him very much. This goes as far back as Andy taking people off to the side to talk privately and Hughie calling him sinister.

Andy has a patronising tone and "speaks in a posh voice." Often housemates with regional accents say that Andy thinks he's better than everyone else because he's educated. That alone is a huge problem in an argument, where the younger, less well off, less educated person automatically feels they're getting a lecture.
Andy is spot on when he says Hughie has not learnt the ability to feel remorse and last night was a good example of that. Most people when accused of doing something wrong, that they themselves know is true and the proof has just been played on screen, feel a sense of guilt and contrition. Most rational people would be lost for words in that situation other than taking responsibility and trying to redeem themselves to the person they've offended. A person with remorse wouldn't dare try and twist the victims words or manipulate him by jumping on small discrepancies that are irrelevant. A person with remorse wouldn't even notice those things because they would feel shocked at being caught out and too shamed by it.
There was no defence or justification for what Hughie said in the diary room about Jason so instead he fabricated ways to diminish Jasons point and suddenly the difference of 24 hours or weather Ryan is or isn't his boyfriend became focal points and distractions that weren't relevant at all in comparison to the severity of what they had all just seen exposed on the screen.

Irrational and unintelligent people shout and scream when confronted for doing wrong.....Hughie is more adept and skilled than that. He appears to be out of control but he is in fact listening carefully to what people say but not because he feels guilty or respects people, he is listening intently because he's looking for any small errors in their words that he can use because he's just waiting for his turn to speak again. That's why having the last word means everything to him because it's all about silencing the voice that's exposing him for doing wrong.
Old 24-07-2016, 11:23 AM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
FYI us hug hie fans know him inside and out, and we know all this already and it is the main reason for liking him.
I would imagine that's very true coming from you....it's certainly why I find him more interesting today than I did in the weeks previous. But a hell of a lot Hughie fans have defended him as a victim and a poor boy who isn't clever enough to defend himself....I think that is very far from the reality myself...and maybe if I found him as endearing as you I may have seen the real Hughie sooner too.
I do think he lacks remorse, Andy couldn't be more accurate IMO, and that's why I wouldn't pick him as my winner. His lack of empathy is a huge mark against him for me but he's def a good game player so would be a deserving winner for those who go in for that type of thing. Myself I prefer people with more skills than only manipulation, and housemates who care about others as well along the way.
I see now why Hughie got along with Ryan so well...I thought they were chalk and cheese but they're clearly cut from the same cloth.
Old 24-07-2016, 11:31 AM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I would imagine that's very true coming from you....it's certainly why I find him more interesting today than I did in the weeks previous. But a hell of a lot Hughie fans have defended him as a victim and a poor boy who isn't clever enough to defend himself....I think that is very far from the reality myself...and maybe if I found him as endearing as you I may have seen the real Hughie sooner too.
I do think he lacks remorse, Andy couldn't be more accurate IMO, and that's why I wouldn't pick him as my winner. His lack of empathy is a huge mark against him for me but he's def a good game player so would be a deserving winner for those who go in for that type of thing. Myself I prefer people with more skills than only manipulation, and housemates who care about others as well along the way.
I see now why Hughie got along with Ryan so well...I thought they were chalk and cheese but they're clearly cut from the same cloth.
Well if you decide to rewatch this years bb, keep an eye out for hughie almost always being there to comfort the Hm who are upset...yeah, you do that..you look out for the hms who comfort others....then when you do that look at your fav hms and think about why you say you like your favs to care for people along the way when they obviously don,t""..........unless of course it benefits them in the big picture....Jason and Andy ".....caring....omg
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 11:56 AM #23

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfox View Post
Hughie is not playing any game. He shoots his mouth off and speaks impulsively. He interrupted Jason because he can be rude and often interrupts everyone. He corrected Jason because Jason made false statements.

He doesn't hate Andy but he doesn't like him very much. This goes as far back as Andy taking people off to the side to talk privately and Hughie calling him sinister.

Andy has a patronising tone and "speaks in a posh voice." Often housemates with regional accents say that Andy thinks he's better than everyone else because he's educated. That alone is a huge problem in an argument, where the younger, less well off, less educated person automatically feels they're getting a lecture.
What FALSE statements did Jason make? and , Andy hasn't got a 'posh' voice he just speaks English properly it's not his fault others think he is above them,tbh,he probably is.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 12:36 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
What FALSE statements did Jason make? and , Andy hasn't got a 'posh' voice he just speaks English properly it's not his fault others think he is above them,tbh,he probably is.
People are often threatened by others different to themselves and in normal life a lot of those housemates wouldn't meet the Andys of this world and if they did they wouldn't stick around long enough to find out who he really is. But in there they've had no choice and the result after weeks of being with him is that four of the strongest contenders each chose Andy as their winner last night.
Kinda puts to be bed the tired and disproven claims a few weeks ago that no one likes or trusts him doesn't it ?
How many people chose Hughie as their winner ? Only one and that was Sam, the biggest snide in there and the one housemate who has been consistently bottom of every poll since it started.
Says a lot.
Old 24-07-2016, 12:48 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Well if you decide to rewatch this years bb, keep an eye out for hughie almost always being there to comfort the Hm who are upset...yeah, you do that..you look out for the hms who comfort others....then when you do that look at your fav hms and think about why you say you like your favs to care for people along the way when they obviously don,t""..........unless of course it benefits them in the big picture....Jason and Andy ".....caring....omg
Lateysha was always around when ever people were upset too....and that had nothing to do with empathy or support either.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andy, hates, hughie, tonight, understand