Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 25-07-2016, 02:46 PM #1

Favourites:
BB17: Andy

Favourites:
Post Lateyisha /Letitia's Literal lack of reasoning.

Dear Letitia

Andy may not be able to articulate this to Letitia in a reasonable manner for various reasons. one is the obtusity of few members in the #bbuk2016. he is unable to break through the wall of ignorance and self pity.
i am baffled when i see people in our times who attack others simply for being eloquent and for possessing debate and reasoning skills.

whilst the majority of Uk population and the globe are from working class it has not precluded them from making the most of what is available to them.
linguistic skill is an invaluable resource and a mean to bettering one’s life.
hence the sense of befuddlement i had when i have watched Letitia battering Andy whilst simultaneously claiming you want your child to have a better life. and indeed i believe you want that. why are you so much against Andy and the language he uses after all he does not cuss at you? he uses clean and articulate english. not using overly grandiose words. which also by the way not a criminal act yet.

and here is the point : if you really want to improve your life and your daughter’s life please learn to speak and write better English. poverty is not an excuse for poor linguistic skills any longer.
nowadays everyone has access to our own personal Library. it is called THE INTERNET!

start with reading for your child every day/ night. she may be a genius. would you want to deny her a chance of having a better life because your poor linguistic skills?

language allows us to maximise our potential. it allows us to change and grow. from watching films which are based on scripts. to cooking following a recipe.
writing a Birthday card for a loved one , or raising awareness.
voting for your chosen politician or complaining about your Government.

and we have not yet touched on the Arts or Philosophy.
everything you do and buy Letitia originated in someone’s thought converted to words. Literary skills. from your clothing to groceries.

it begins with a think tank. someone who had an idea but was able to ARTICULATE it!
the list goes on. humans need to be able to express themselves . just look at our ancient ancestors: they CARVED WORDS IN STONE!
i do not imagine you doing anything like that to leave an impression.
but why single you out ? there is a whole cut of society who makes mockery of literacy.

imagine trying to get to the Moon without a shuttle if you please.
literacy is a tool as well as a delight.

the thought of living in a world without literacy is unbearable.

Andy for me is a natural winner just for this simple skill. forget all other nuances and his little annoyances. none of his “faults” are as bad as the appalling lack of IQ and intelligence in the BBUK. which was shockingly illustrated in yesterday’s episode: Napoleon was Napoleon Dynamite (Evelyn) Nepal , Polish ? etc. seriously ?
adults who are unable to differentiate between Napoleon , Nepal and Poland ? Hughie probably meant Napoli where the Neapolitan Ice cream originated.

and admittedly there must be something wrong wth our lives if we are watching this.
yes there is something wrong with me! i am the epitome of captive audience. bed ridden.
Illiteracy is one of the greatest weapons used against the poor. empower your daughter if you genuinely concerned for her well being.

the internet is full of different dictionaries , and you do not have to leave the comforts of your own home. look up articles online on the importance of Literacy .

i could forgive people in the bbuk and in general society many things. but i cannot forgive the idiocy of attacking a man for simply having an improved vocabulary, eloquence , and the ability to express his thoughts. so much so his thoughts arguably no longer relevant. for the sheer fact what he represents is under attack.
Dear Letitia i realise you will need to use a dictionary reading this article ( i am not trying to patronise you it just feels this way because you are insecure about it) this may be the best thing you would be doing for your baby yet
***Lateysha

Last edited by belle777; 26-07-2016 at 11:58 AM.
belle777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 02:53 PM #2

Well said. Lateysha is just jealous because she knows that she will NEVER be as smart and highly intelligent as Andy is. Andy needs to win to show that there is no issue with being more intelligent than everyone. Andy to win!!

Certain people that were dumb in the house were quick to make accusations of Andy because of his intelligence.
StevenS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 02:53 PM #3

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Well, i would try and get her name right if you want to be taken seriously.
L A T E Y S H A .

I think it was more him looking down his nose at people that irked her.

Last edited by smudgie; 25-07-2016 at 02:54 PM.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 02:53 PM #4

Very well written, though it's sad she may never read it.
Old 25-07-2016, 02:55 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Favourites (more):

I agree with certain parts of your post but I take issue with you claiming that having a low IQ and intelligence is a "fault" in someone. I know many people who aren't particularly intelligent but it doesn't make them bad people. So let's try to reduce the stigma a little bit on people who, through no fault of their own, are not as naturally gifted or bright as others, because that's not right.

I also think that people like Andy have a stigma attached to them because they speak in a certain way and articulate themselves in a certain way. Andy is a very measured individual MOST of the time (though his rant about Hughie and Ryan's fake engagement was ridiculous), and as such he can come across as cold, calculating and even unfeeling. I do think that Lateysha was wrong to say that people on the outside don't like him (or words to that effect) because that is utterly untrue, and I hope Andy knows that.

The issue between Andy and Lateysha is simply that they do not like each other. Their personalities clashed and they couldn't find common ground. Neither of them is a bad person in the grand scheme of things. What I find irritating about these arguments is that the housemates focus on character assassinations and ripping each other's whole personalities apart. It's not an issue of who is a good person and who is a bad person. It's just an issue of not getting along with each other.

I don't think Andy did anything bad to Lateysha, and I don't think Lateysha did anything bad to Andy. I was disappointed with what she said to him last night.
omgwtf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 03:25 PM #6

I've said this before but belle 777 has written such a good post I wanted to respond. It's no ones fault if they haven't been given a chance to be educated, it stinks that only the rich can further theirs these days, but what we do have in this country is eleven years of free education and excluding kids with learning difficulties there really should be no reason for kids to leave school semi illiterate or unable to speak with at least manners and respect. So if they do they have been failed by either the system or their parents. But what I can't understand or respect is people like Lateysha and Ryan who are proud to be uneducated and mock, scoff and insult others for being clever. It never enters their head that maybe Andy is clever because he didn't mess about at school and disrupt every class because he wanted attention. Being in the BB house is an eduction in itself and people like Andy, Jayne, Jason and Georgina had a lot to offer the Lateyshas of this world even though they never tried to force their knowledge onto them. The only poorly educated housemate in there who's shown a curiosity and has asked questions is Hughie, even if he didn't always listen to the answers. He at least had a question about the ice cream which is more than Evelyn or Sam did or would ever do.
It's INVERTED SNOBBERY and it's been used against Andy because of his intelligence and it was used against Marco because of his rich background....Marco was a nightmare and total loon, I loved watching him but I do know how he irritated people but I can't help but think that had he have been a kid from Salford or just a regular lad from down Jacksons way he wouldn't have been regarded in quite the same way.
The same with Jason, Lateysha and her pack of guard dogs all thought she was more deserving of winning BB than Jason because he's a successful guy outside of the house, WHY ? He's prob worked his balls off to improve his life, she hasn't....
The sense of entitlement, the expectation of being rewarded in life without putting any effort into it and the idea that others are less deserving because their life is better is all part of Lateyshas INVERTED SNOBBERY.....she was the most prejudiced housemate this year and she can twirk and twirk till the floor tiles change colour, she still left the BB house no wiser and no nicer than the day she entered it.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 03:25 PM #7
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

LATEYSHA
Old 25-07-2016, 03:38 PM #8

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus

Spell her name right, it's Fatty Wap.
JayBlaze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 03:42 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
I've said this before but belle 777 has written such a good post I wanted to respond. It's no ones fault if they haven't been given a chance to be educated, it stinks that only the rich can further theirs these days, but what we do have in this country is eleven years of free education and excluding kids with learning difficulties there really should be no reason for kids to leave school semi illiterate or unable to speak with at least manners and respect. So if they do they have been failed by either the system or their parents. But what I can't understand or respect is people like Lateysha and Ryan who are proud to be uneducated and mock, scoff and insult others for being clever. It never enters their head that maybe Andy is clever because he didn't mess about at school and disrupt every class because he wanted attention. Being in the BB house is an eduction in itself and people like Andy, Jayne, Jason and Georgina had a lot to offer the Lateyshas of this world even though they never tried to force their knowledge onto them. The only poorly educated housemate in there who's shown a curiosity and has asked questions is Hughie, even if he didn't always listen to the answers. He at least had a question about the ice cream which is more than Evelyn or Sam did or would ever do.
It's INVERTED SNOBBERY and it's been used against Andy because of his intelligence and it was used against Marco because of his rich background....Marco was a nightmare and total loon, I loved watching him but I do know how he irritated people but I can't help but think that had he have been a kid from Salford or just a regular lad from down Jacksons way he wouldn't have been regarded in quite the same way.
The same with Jason, Lateysha and her pack of guard dogs all thought she was more deserving of winning BB than Jason because he's a successful guy outside of the house, WHY ? He's prob worked his balls off to improve his life, she hasn't....
The sense of entitlement, the expectation of being rewarded in life without putting any effort into it and the idea that others are less deserving because their life is better is all part of Lateyshas INVERTED SNOBBERY.....she was the most prejudiced housemate this year and she can twirk and twirk till the floor tiles change colour, she still left the BB house no wiser and no nicer than the day she entered it.
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 04:23 PM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

thank you all for taking the time to read my post, and respond to it. i do try to refrain from direct attacks on a person's given character, or inevitable circumstances. i am forced to stay in bed. i understand when odds are stacked against one. but it is a question of spirit and determination in as far as the legacy we leave to our loved ones. whilst i sympathise with poor people i would say leave it to the voting polls. work to create awareness. join the co-op. the union etc. don't go antagonising people who are not engaging on that issue just because they may be a little better off. and wealth as well as eloquence is relative. there is always someone richer, better looking or more intelligent than you. are we going to off them all ? to OMGWTF i don't believe i have accused Letitia of having low IQ my comment about IQ at that point is generalised to the group who have been attacking Andy. as an ordinary person i am certain i would be able to relate to most of them.but this is not the point i was raising. i was simply pointing to the fact that a person has been attacking another for being Intelligent. it would be just as bad to do the reverse. but this is not the problem here. no one is under attack for being poor or being less intelligent until they use that as a legit reason / excuse to attack another house mate. it is then becomes a contentious matter which needs to be addressed as it is a reversed prejudice. it is a fact that most of the housemates are just what is called functioning literates. see definition by unesco here

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O29...LLITERACY.html

OMGWTF Letitia is young enough and smart enough to turn her life around for her child i hear many parents say "i will give up my lif for my child" no one is asking that. how about just better yourself ? as hot2go said poignantly "we do have in this country is eleven years of free education " even if she does not go back to school she can pick up better skills just by picking up word of the day in any online dictionary. starting with the word "subjective". and she is rather subjective.i would not wish her or any one any harm and as for her body size and what she wears etc. totally irrelevant.

Edited*: this is not meant for *OMGWTF*
"and as for her body size and what she wears etc. totally irrelevant.

it was meant as a general response for people who were attacking Letitia on her appearance."

footnote*
i don't see anything wrong with Letitia's appearance. until today i didn't know anything else about any of the housemates. today i found out about why Andrew was ejected from the bbuk. i also missed a few episodes and had to catch up namely Laura's escapades with Marco.
i really get my impressions from the way they interact and their manners in general and under pressure. i don't often follow much re celebrities or trends. this is a first.

Last edited by belle777; 26-07-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: misunderstanding . possibly a complaint.
Old 25-07-2016, 04:35 PM #11
You know my methods

You know my methods

her celebration of ignorance is repulsive
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 04:38 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
YES. Everything I wanted to say. thankyou.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 04:47 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle777 View Post
thank you all for taking the time to read my post, and respond to it. i do try to refrain from direct attacks on a person's given character, or inevitable circumstances. i am forced to stay in bed. i understand when odds are stacked against one. but it is a question of spirit and determination in as far as the legacy we leave to our loved ones. whilst i sympathise with poor people i would say leave it to the voting polls. work to create awareness. join the co-op. the union etc. don't go antagonising people who are not engaging on that issue just because they may be a little better off. and wealth as well as eloquence is relative. there is always someone richer, better looking or more intelligent than you. are we going to off them all ? to OMGWTF i don't believe i have accused Letitia of having low IQ my comment about IQ at that point is generalised to the group who have been attacking Andy. as an ordinary person i am certain i would be able to relate to most of them.but this is not the point i was raising. i was simply pointing to the fact that a person has been attacking another for being Intelligent. it would be just as bad to do the reverse. but this is not the problem here. no one is under attack for being poor or being less intelligent until they use that as a legit reason / excuse to attack another house mate. it is then becomes a contentious matter which needs to be addressed as it is a reversed prejudice. it is a fact that most of the housemates are just what is called functioning literates. see definition by unesco here

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1O29...LLITERACY.html

OMGWTF Letitia is young enough and smart enough to turn her life around for her child i hear many parents say "i will give up my lif for my child" no one is asking that. how about just better yourself ? as hot2go said poignantly "we do have in this country is eleven years of free education " even if she does not go back to school she can pick up better skills just by picking up word of the day in any online dictionary. starting with the word "subjective". and she is rather subjective.i would not wish her or any one any harm and as for her body size and what she wears etc. totally irrelevant.
when did i say anything about her body size or what she wears? Or even anything about her as a person? I said I didn't like what she said last night. I made no comment on her intelligence or anything to do with her...just that her and Andy don't get on but instead of just accepting that it becomes something bigger
omgwtf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 06:31 PM #14

Favourites:

Favourites:

omgwtf i did not suggest you did say it. someone else made reference to her body size. and her clothing / side boobs etc. you will notice my post is written in general whilst trying to respond to some of the points you made too.if you didn't say these things then it is not relevant to your posting , but of course you are still free to comment

*please note i have edited my response posting. i am not interested in promoting confusion. i would leave it to bb members haha

Last edited by belle777; 25-07-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 25-07-2016, 06:46 PM #15

They'll fabricate anything to justify the rock ape. Why would anyone need to comment on her appearance when there a million other flaws they have to get past ....the way she does or doesn't look is the least of her problems....she's a pile up

Last edited by hot2go; 25-07-2016 at 07:31 PM.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 06:50 PM #16

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Letitia Dean?!
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 06:55 PM #17
0_o

0_o

Being uneducated is not necessarily a bad thing. Being proud of being uneducated is though. The worst thing is, I feel Lateysha puts on being 'thick' a lot of the time...like her well thought out DR rant about having no GCE/GCES/'what are they called' *snigger*

I really detest this notion that being thick is a thing to be celebrated.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 25-07-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:42 AM #18

Favourites:

Favourites:

this is not even about being educated or not. we don't all have degrees. some of us may not have GCSE or / A levels. but we do not go around making those who do feel as if they are sub humans. or doing something wrong. it just highlights the fact that certain people do not understand that education is imperative and has been pivotal in obtaining rights for us the lay person. from black rights to gay rights, and given the fact Andy is a Gay Rights activist he would not have got far with his advocacy if he was not eloquent and informed.
Old 26-07-2016, 12:46 AM #19
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
Letitia Dean?!

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andy, andybigbro, bbuk, bbuk 2016, lack, lateyisha, letitia, literal, or letitia, reasoning