Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:29 AM #1

Default Biggins Views are Worrying

This is not a shock considering the reaction the other day after he said Bisexuals are liars.
He can't go on television and blame Bisexuals for the death of millions of people.... .he really has lost the plot this time. I feel sorry for him but he's always been ridiculous so it's not a surprise. When the gay community was terrified of AIDS they were used as lab rats and told loads of lies. I guess some people like Biggins still carry the scars. He's obv carried his fear and hate around for 35 years.
Don't know why his behaviour is being compared to Bear or any of the others .... There is no connection or comparison to be made. Maybe some viewers are not understanding the magnitude of how wrong Biggins behaviour is.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:38 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
This is not a shock considering the reaction the other day after he said Bisexuals are liars.
He can't go on television and blame Bisexuals for the death of millions of people.... .he really has lost the plot this time. I feel sorry for him but he's always been ridiculous so it's not a surprise. When the gay community was terrified of AIDS they were used as lab rats and told loads of lies. I guess some people like Biggins still carry the scars. He's obv carried his fear and hate around for 35 years.
Don't know why his behaviour is being compared to Bear or any of the others .... There is no connection or comparison to be made. Maybe some viewers are not understanding the magnitude of how wrong Biggins behaviour is.
Personally I've found it really surprising. I suppose I didn't fully know what to expect from him, I've never seen him on other RTV shows, just guest spots here and there, but I've always thought of him as someone who despite being a bit of an eccentric, is in touch with the modern world. I guess I was wrong But I completely agree with what you're saying, it can't really be overstated how wrong his views are (as well as damaging).

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:44 AM #3
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Hes just a bit thick. As is anybody who believes bisexuals dont exist.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:51 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

If he can be this offensive after 1 week in CBB imagine all the crap he spouted in 3 weeks of IAC.

The editors must have been run ragged covering up for that ignorant twat.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:56 AM #5
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
If he can be this offensive after 1 week in CBB imagine all the crap he spouted in 3 weeks of IAC.

The editors must have been run ragged covering up for that ignorant twat.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:21 PM #6

How has Renee got to stay then? She was well involved with the two conversations about AIDS and bisexuals and whole heartedly agreed with him about bisexuals. And she doesn't even have the mitigation of being gay.

Last edited by ThriceShy; 07-08-2016 at 01:21 PM.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:51 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
How has Renee got to stay then? She was well involved with the two conversations about AIDS and bisexuals and whole heartedly agreed with him about bisexuals. And she doesn't even have the mitigation of being gay.
I don't know how Renee has avoided being reprimanded for it....she didn't initiate the conversations and she didn't repeat Biggins words but you're dead right, she did go along with it. She also said the CIA created the virus to wipe out third world populations....surely that's gonna come back and bite her on the arse..esp in the world she moves in...that comment alone could cause major disputes.
I think BB are more scared of their American housemates than they are of the British ones.
But one thing I believe, someone important at channel five doesn't like Biggins...they could so easily have avoided his humiliation and professional suicide but they chose instead to broadcast what he said and finish him.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:01 PM #8
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
I don't know how Renee has avoided being reprimanded for it....she didn't initiate the conversations and she didn't repeat Biggins words but you're dead right, she did go along with it. She also said the CIA created the virus to wipe out third world populations....surely that's gonna come back and bite her on the arse..esp in the world she moves in...that comment alone could cause major disputes.
I think BB are more scared of their American housemates than they are of the British ones.
But one thing I believe, someone important at channel five doesn't like Biggins...they could so easily have avoided his humiliation and professional suicide but they chose instead to broadcast what he said and finish him.
but biggins is quoted as having said he believes BB protected him by not airing the 'jewish' conversation - and i agree that is very much the case. i'm sure they could have shown far more controversial and damning footage of him just being himself if they'd have wanted to crucify him... instead, they showed only the minimal required to illustrate the reasons for why he got the boot

renee isn't the brightest and yet she seems so much smarter than some of them in there... i shouldn't be surprised when the kind of nonsense she spouted comes out. after all, there are still plenty of americans swear obama isn't american
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:05 PM #9

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Biggins is offensive but I think Ricky Gervais on twitter summed it up fairly well.

Ricky GervaisVerified account
‏@rickygervais Ricky Gervais Retweeted Christopher Biggins
Imagine what they'd have done if you had exposed yourself, spat in someone's drink, or vandalised the place

They have let a lot of things slide that in retrospect are probably worse than having offensive views. For me the spitting, exposing your tits in someones face and the vandalism is worse.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 07-08-2016 at 02:07 PM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:07 PM #10
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Biggins is offensive but I think Ricky Gervais on twitter summed it up fairly well.

Imagine what they'd have done if you had exposed yourself, spat in someone's drink, or vandalised the place

They have let a lot of things slide that in retrospect are probably worse than having offensive views. For me the spitting and the vandalism is worse.
love ricky G

with biggins, though, it's the cumulative effect of all he's saying and not a one-off

aubrey should have been ousted immediately
bear should have been close behind
Old 07-08-2016, 02:09 PM #11

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
love ricky G

with biggins, though, it's the cumulative effect of all he's saying and not a one-off

aubrey should have been ousted immediately
bear should have been close behind
I agree it's an accumulation, but I find it bizarre that the other things are just let slide.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:10 PM #12
-

-

Quote:
She also said the CIA created the virus to wipe out third world populations....surely that's gonna come back and bite her on the arse..esp in the world she moves in...that comment alone could cause major disputes.

Nah, the theory that HIV was created artificially to limit 3rd world population growth is hardly a new one, it's been floating around for decades. She only vaguely stated that "Someone in the CIA told her" which could easily be bull****, or is at the very least deniable, she didn't drop any names or anything like that so really it doesn't amount to anything more than a bit of idle conspiracy theory.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:13 PM #13

Quote:
but biggins is quoted as having said he believes BB protected him by not airing the 'jewish' conversation - and i agree that is very much the case. i'm sure they could have shown far more controversial and damning footage of him just being himself if they'd have wanted to crucify him... instead, they showed only the minimal required to illustrate the reasons for why he got the boot

renee isn't the brightest and yet she seems so much smarter than some of them in there... i shouldn't be surprised when the kind of nonsense she spouted comes out. after all, there are still plenty of americans swear obama isn't american
I didn't know Biggins had given a statement on the situation, thanks, I will check it out ....if he said they tried to protect him then he must have really been full on then if in the end they simply couldn't....I didn't like the guy before he went in the house but I did defend him when this problem first started, unaware as I was then, the depth of his views that would follow....but last nights comments are indefensible to me...but mostly I can't understand why he would be so stupid as to think that, to believe it and most of all to say it on camera like that....I may think he's an idiot but I didn't think he could be that stupid.....hard not to feel sorry for him but I totally agree with the decision to remove him.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:18 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Nah, the theory that HIV was created artificially to limit 3rd world population growth is hardly a new one, it's been floating around for decades. She only vaguely stated that "Someone in the CIA told her" which could easily be bull****, or is at the very least deniable, she didn't drop any names or anything like that so really it doesn't amount to anything more than a bit of idle conspiracy theory.
That's true...you're right....hence the reason she hasn't come under fire....I thought she would a couple of times but she manages to just not cross the line....she spoke about Americans right to own a gun and then went on to say that some Middle East guys who live in the States shouldn't ...that got pretty close to trouble IMO. It's surprising how politically incorrect they can be and more the older ones than the younger ones.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:25 PM #15
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
I didn't know Biggins had given a statement on the situation, thanks, I will check it out ....if he said they tried to protect him then he must have really been full on then if in the end they simply couldn't....I didn't like the guy before he went in the house but I did defend him when this problem first started, unaware as I was then, the depth of his views that would follow....but last nights comments are indefensible to me...but mostly I can't understand why he would be so stupid as to think that, to believe it and most of all to say it on camera like that....I may think he's an idiot but I didn't think he could be that stupid.....hard not to feel sorry for him but I totally agree with the decision to remove him.
this from the huff post a short while ago:

Quote:
The ‘joke’ was made earlier this week, but producers decided not to air it, with Biggins stating he believes Channel 5 were “trying to protect him” by not including it on the show.

“I think it’s unfortunate that someone has decided to leak the story. Then they had to do something,” he said.

Describing his comments as “trite and ridiculous”, he added: “Thank God, I didn’t say anything worse because I could easily have done. But that is all I said.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b04ca9b5d3327a

i honestly don't think he really gets it even now. and part of me does feel a bit sorry for him.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:15 PM #16

Quote:
Oh please get a life, BB is a adult show giving us numerous warnings. Who cares what they say as long as they don't advocate violence to others. Reality TV is built on controversy, people can't joke or discuss anything anymore

I'm sorry to see Biggings go he's a funny gezzer and had much more to give us.
BB247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:23 PM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Did Biggins not say that it was a scientist who told him about how Aids was supposedly spread to the western world?So not his theory to begin with and just a theory.Are theories which are deemed to be controversial to be just cast aside?I think somebody should maybe use a counter theory to disprove Biggin's scientist friends theory wrong.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:51 PM #18

Quote:
this from the huff post a short while ago:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b04ca9b5d3327a

i honestly don't think he really gets it even now. and part of me does feel a bit sorry for him.
Thanks for the link Jan......interesting .....bisexuals went to Third World Countries and had sex with THOSE people he digs a bigger hole each time he speaks....and where are these countries in the 1970s that only allowed bisexuals on their shores ? Did they have a special bisexual stamp in their passports before they could step off the plane. Were there special bisexual conventions with organised weekend breaks in Somalia ?

I notice again how the emphasis is on the Jewish Community who he didn't actually insult and not on the Bisexual Community that he did.
I also notice how Katie's mom said he didn't just upset her daughter he also offended the Jewish Communuty....so obv she don't care about bisexuals any more than Biggins does

Last edited by hot2go; 07-08-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:54 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB247 View Post
Oh please get a life, BB is a adult show giving us numerous warnings. Who cares what they say as long as they don't advocate violence to others. Reality TV is built on controversy, people can't joke or discuss anything anymore

I'm sorry to see Biggings go he's a funny gezzer and had much more to give us.
I don't know if you witnessed or experienced the violence hurled at the gay community when they were falsely blamed for the HIV virus but if you did then you should know that his comments could instigate violence even if he wasn't advocating it.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:57 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Hes just a bit thick. As is anybody who believes bisexuals dont exist.
If you want people ejected for being a bit thick then wouldn't we have an empty house?
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:27 PM #21

Favourites:
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden

Favourites:
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden

Quote:

They have let a lot of things slide that in retrospect are probably worse than having offensive views. For me the spitting, exposing your tits in someones face and the vandalism is worse.
Good point - personally I think this is source of the anger about Biggins removal from the show, others have done far worst than him yet they are still in there.
waylander1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:07 PM #22

Quote:
I agree it's an accumulation, but I find it bizarre that the other things are just let slide.
This is exactly what some of us here are arguing too, why are health and safety measures ignored (what aubrey did i dont even what to say it again its disgusting, also bear) like I say I do think BB are letting things slide for ratings. They were probably worried they would get more back lash for biggins than the other two. Rediculous IMO. BB have no consistency why even bother having rules?
Lstan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:14 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstan View Post
This is exactly what some of us here are arguing too, why are health and safety measures ignored (what aubrey did i dont even what to say it again its disgusting, also bear) like I say I do think BB are letting things slide for ratings. They were probably worried they would get more back lash for biggins than the other two. Rediculous IMO. BB have no consistency why even bother having rules?
it does have consistency - me as a viewer
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:40 PM #24
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Thanks for the link Jan......interesting .....bisexuals went to Third World Countries and had sex with THOSE people he digs a bigger hole each time he speaks....and where are these countries in the 1970s that only allowed bisexuals on their shores ? Did they have a special bisexual stamp in their passports before they could step off the plane. Were there special bisexual conventions with organised weekend breaks in Somalia ?

I notice again how the emphasis is on the Jewish Community who he didn't actually insult and not on the Bisexual Community that he did.
I also notice how Katie's mom said he didn't just upset her daughter he also offended the Jewish Communuty....so obv she don't care about bisexuals any more than Biggins does
you noticed that, huh? yeah 'THOSE people'... that'll be glossed over but it's exactly the kind of ingrained bigotry so common amongst older people. still, he probably thought it far more pc to call them that than 'darkies' which so many older people saw as everyday terminology back in the days of the raj :rolleyes" he's probably happiest revisiting the it ain't half hot mum era.

of course she doesn't.
some people choose to be offended in technicolour

Quote:
I don't know if you witnessed or experienced the violence hurled at the gay community when they were falsely blamed for the HIV virus but if you did then you should know that his comments could instigate violence even if he wasn't advocating it.
i know this wasn't addressed to me, but i did see some of it - and it was truly awful. when you get someone, a celebrity of all things, a 'national treasure', spouting his ignorance? yes, he's just a real person at the end of the cliched day but, because of his privileged position as a celebrity, his words will be seen as gospel by the ill-informed and as a tool to use by those with agendas.

with the instigation of violence point, it has to be said that since brexit the number of hate crimes against ''foreigners'' has escalated worryingly, and victims include those from the jewish community.
given the sensitivity of the timing, i can see why the producers didn't want to stir the pot further - sometimes it's just the small throwaway ignorant comments that get latched onto by those looking for any excuse.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:08 PM #25

Quote:
I live in Soho, so yes I have witnessed the disgusting homophobic violence. I don't think his comments could instigate violence he/they should be able to talk about anything
BB247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggins, views, worrying