Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:56 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
Sorry. but where does he mention jews, nazis or the holocaust?
He's admitted what the joke was about.

Quote:
He said: “You better be careful or they’ll be putting you in a shower and taking you to a room.”

The Panto star now admits that he was making a joke about Nazis, who gassed Jews in shower blocks.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:11 PM #27

The title of this post is misleading. Biggins did not mention gas chambers. I am guessing his humour was decidedly 'dry' and 'ironic' after over a week in the company of such pillocks as Bear, Chloe, Lewis and Marnie.

Last edited by Daffodil; 07-08-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:16 PM #28
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
The title of this post is misleading. Biggins did not mention gas chambers. I am guessing his humour was decidedly 'dry' and 'ironic' after over a week in the company of such pillocks as Bear, Chloe, James and Marnie.
you don't think him saying to the only(?) jewish housemate “You better be careful or they’ll be putting you in a shower and taking you to a room'' an allusion to gas chambers or at the very least the concentration death camps?

even biggins owns what his 'joke' was about. do i think he meant offence? no. he's too much of a self-centred old dinosaur to realise it was a bad gag and even worse timing
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:20 PM #29
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Did Biggins single her out because she's Jewish? Of course not. I bet he didn't even know she was. Honestly... you should hear some of the jokes made to me! You have to separate anti-Semitic venom and attempted humour. They are not the same thing, even if the joke is bad. This has been blown out of ALL proportion.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:22 PM #30
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Did Biggins single her out because she's Jewish? Of course not. I bet he didn't even know she was. Honestly... you should hear some of the jokes made to me! You have to separate anti-Semitic venom and attempted humour. They are not the same thing, even if the joke is bad. This has been blown out of ALL proportion.
I feel like, as a Jew, you can't have an objective view of this and should leave the discussion to us Christians to be honest. Jews are notorious for having a bad grasp of humour and Katie Waissel, if anything, is one of the few exceptions to that rule.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 07-08-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:24 PM #31

Quote:
Well said!
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:28 PM #32
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I feel like, as a Jew, you can't have an objective view of this and should leave the discussion to us Christians to be honest. Jews are notorious for having a bad grasp of humour and Katie Waissel, if anything, is one of the few exceptions to that rule.
Yeah, we suck at humour. And accountancy. And writing Christmas songs...
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:38 PM #33

Quote:
Sorry. but where does he mention jews, nazis or the holocaust?
" You had better be careful or they will put you in the shower or take you to a room "

That is where he is referring to the holocaust and the history of Nazi Germany....I don't think it was antisemetic because if anything it was a reference to Germanys invasion of Europe, not criticising Jews...it was also intended as a joke....but it was highly insensitive and clearly upsetting to Katie. But as unpleasant as it is, and he is, it wasn't antisemetic IMO.
His accusations about Bisexuals were far worse and were def not a crass rubbish attempt at trying to be funny....we all watched it, he totally meant it and believed it. There is no way he could stay after that.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:40 PM #34

Quote:
Old 07-08-2016, 02:41 PM #35
-

-

Quote:
I like that dreidel song! That's a Christmas song, isn't it?

Court-nee-Cox... I-love-you... You're-so-hot... On-that-show...

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 07-08-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:46 PM #36

okay nvm big brother got it right
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:48 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
He's admitted what the joke was about.
So he made a joke about BB being like a nazi regime. What is the problem?
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:51 PM #38
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
As a Jewish woman I'd like to say to Katie... get a ****ing grip. Worry about the anti-Semitism in the Labour party and stop bursting into tears over ridiculous comments clearly meant in jest. If she was upset enough to be upset by a comment like that then she's clearly led a very sheltered life.
Have you actually got proof, conclusive evidence you could make known that is substantiated as to your continuous at any chance you get, to accuse the Labour party of being anti semitic.

When you accuse the labour party of this, I think you should have to substantiate with evidence your wild and dangerous accusations, against likely many innocent people who are actually in the Labour party.

Your desperation,every chance you get on threads to, to tar the Labour party with being antisemitic is in my opinion and frankly wrong, unless of course you do actually have concrete evidence you can bring forward to back your claims from a possibly only own hatred of the Labour party.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:52 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
Exactly what Christopher Biggins said to Katie Wassiel that got him kicked out of the CBB house has been revealed.

In last night's show, we saw Biggins get the boot for making 'numerous offensive comments' but, to the outrage of viewers, editors did NOT show all of the remarks, some of which were almost a week old.

In one chat that was shown, Biggins discussed the gay community and bisexuals in particular.

Afterwards, Big Brother spoke to Biggins and brought up past comments that he had made - but did NOT air - on MONDAY night to fellow housemate Katie regarding the Jewish community.

Big Brother used the chats as examples of offensive language that would not be tolerated in the house.

As a result, Big Brother told Biggins he would be removed immediately and had to leave there and then via the Diary Room door.

Biggins told Big Brother in response: "I am very sorry and I am very sad."

Now The Sun newspaper reports (via the Daily Mirror) that Biggins had 'joked' with Katie, who is Jewish, by comparing the showers of the house to Nazi gas chambers.

As the celebs queued up to use the shower in the morning, Biggins allegedly said to The X Factor singer: "You had better be careful or they will put you in a shower or take you to a room!"

Katie is said to have been left in tears by the remark, although of course we've no official confirmation as the footage has not been aired.

"I am mortified by what has happened. Most of my friends are in fact Jewish. I apologise," Biggins told The Sun on Sunday newspaper in an interview today. “I love Jewish people. Listen my best friend is Lesley Joseph and you don’t get more Jewish than that.

“I have lots of bisexual friends and I am not in nay way a bigoted person. I am 67 and I love everybody. I live in Hackney and have a lot of black neighbours who are fantastic.”

Celebrity Big Brother continues nightly on Channel 5.
A gas chamber joke is that all and BB chucked him out for that. You can't make an inappropriate without BB worrying about a backlash. I'm black and if he made a slave joke or worse I wouldn't be bothered it political correctness gone mad. Plus it's clearly an adult show giving us a million warnings before it starts.

Gays, bi's, race, religion, disabilities if it's a joke air it and let us decide but don't chuck them out and censor the incident. Imagine being in there and never knowing if your discussions or jokes will get you in trouble.

I think as long as hatred or advocating violence to another inside or out is not discussed it should be OK to joke or talk about anything.

I'm sorry if what I've written has offended anyone it's just my opinion as I don't get offended easily while watching these reality shows.
BB247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:52 PM #40

This has been shown regularly on TV since the 1970s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

I hope the special snowflakes never tune into GOLD.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:54 PM #41
You know my methods

You know my methods

Can I just remind people he got evicted to protect the people at BB from blame. It has nothing to do with what was said or their concern for Jews etc
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:58 PM #42
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB247 View Post
A gas chamber joke is that all and BB chucked him out for that. You can't make an inappropriate without BB worrying about a backlash. I'm black and if he made a slave joke or worse I wouldn't be bothered it political correctness gone mad. Plus it's clearly an adult show giving us a million warnings before it starts.

Gays, bi's, race, religion, disabilities if it's a joke air it and let us decide but don't chuck them out and censor the incident. Imagine being in there and never knowing if your discussions or jokes will get you in trouble.

I think as long as hatred or advocating violence to another inside or out is not discussed it should be OK to joke or talk about anything.

I'm sorry if what I've written has offended anyone it's just my opinion as I don't get offended easily while watching these reality shows.
not at all. he made that comment days before he was booted. it was the accumulation of warnings about his use of potentially offensive language that finally saw him out the door. they could no longer cover it up or turn a blind eye.

Last edited by Jan S; 07-08-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:59 PM #43
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Can I just remind people he got evicted to protect the people at BB from blame. It has nothing to do with what was said or their concern for Jews etc
Yes, I think you are right on that.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:04 PM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
not at all. he made that comment days before he was booted. it was the accumulation of warnings about his use of potentially offensive language that finally saw him out the door. they could no longer cover it up or turn a blind eye.
But they did cover it up they never showed us the footage. What I'm saying is the so called many warnings whatever he may have said it shouldn't have got him the boot, not like he physically attacked someone BB are acting like bloody NAZI'S Offensive languge so what were adults we can take it.

Last edited by BB247; 07-08-2016 at 03:06 PM.
BB247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:06 PM #45

Quote:
So he made a joke about BB being like a nazi regime. What is the problem?
I think the problem was he didn't think about who is audience was in the house...I get what he was trying to say was meant to be funny and could have been had he said that to someone other than Katie....but she took offence and that's where it went tits up. But I doubt it was meant as some statement or to upset anyone....it just backfired big time. I don't think it was reason enough to have him removed but the other stuff he's said was.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:08 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
I think the problem was he didn't think about who is audience was in the house...I get what he was trying to say was meant to be funny and could have been had he said that to someone other than Katie....but she took offence and that's where it went tits up. But I doubt it was meant as some statement or to upset anyone....it just backfired big time. I don't think it was reason enough to have him removed but the other stuff he's said was.
Offence is taken not given.

You cannot throw somebody out because someone happened to take offence.

This kind of stuff seems to happen every season now. It is almost as if they are trying to condition the public into accepting the thought police.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:16 PM #47
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
i think he was aware that katie is jewish but she's a very different person to someone like his friend lesley joseph; she'd have probably come back with something even more colourful.

most of us have friends we could say certain things to and would not say those same things to others. guess it's about who shares your sense of humour. but having some emotional intelligence about things, some empathy to get that not everyone finds the same things funny (and why) goes a long way. not convinced biggins will learn anything from this, much, as so many involved in his career are in full damage-limitation mode and assuring him it's not his fault.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:16 PM #48

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Stephen Bear
CBB15: Nadia Sawalha

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Stephen Bear
CBB15: Nadia Sawalha

Not a very good joke, but Katie should be ashamed of herself for pretending to cry
Deebo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:18 PM #49

Quote:
Offence is taken not given.

You cannot throw somebody out because someone happened to take offence.

This kind of stuff seems to happen every season now. It is almost as if they are trying to condition the public into accepting the thought police.
Biggins was their most expensive housemate and ear marked to be the winner, I can't imagine they would want to throw that away unless it was unavoidable....I thought he may have enemy's who aired his remarks to stitch him up but Jan pointed out that makes no sense cause apparently Biggins has said BB tried their best to cover for him. He's just been very silly and I agree with you that Katie taking offence doesn't mean Biggins was intending to offend. And humour is very subjective anyway and we've def heard worse, and funnier, Jewish jokes from people like Joan Rivers. Biggins just isn't good enough to make it work.

Do you not think he should have been removed over his Bisexual remarks ?
Old 07-08-2016, 03:21 PM #50

Quote:
Biggins was their most expensive housemate and ear marked to be the winner, I can't imagine they would want to throw that away unless it was unavoidable....I thought he may have enemy's who aired his remarks to stitch him up but Jan pointed out that makes no sense cause apparently Biggins has said BB tried their best to cover for him. He's just been very silly and I agree with you that Katie taking offence doesn't mean Biggins was intending to offend. And humour is very subjective anyway and we've def heard worse, and funnier, Jewish jokes from people like Joan Rivers. Biggins just isn't good enough to make it work.

Do you not think he should have been removed over his Bisexual remarks ?

Why would you remove someone simply because they say they don't like bisexuals?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggins