Notices

CBB18 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2016 [CBB 18] won by Stephen Bear here.

Old 14-08-2016, 02:13 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevep View Post
Yes, some may be playing it tactically somewhat but you can't keep mentioning tactics in a bad light if you are a fan of Bear who is clearly playing a game and has admitted as much. Btw, i don't believe the example you've used really stands up as an example of tactics, it's quite clear that you'd react differently if someone was behaving like that in your own home with your own personal possessions.

Going back to my original point, Katie has stood up for herself here but it's worth noting that it's Heavy in the firing line and not Bear, why? Well my opinion would be, as i said earlier, each and every individual has a different level of confidence and Katie quite clearly feels confident enough to confront Heavy for being wasteful but not Bear at this point. That in-itself proves to a degree that it's not always tactical when certain people stand back but more so down to the level of courage they possess.

I don't see tactics in a bad light at all....I like the tactics Bear, Renee, Heavy, Lewis and others have used.....I always like the game players ...but the tactic of sitting on the fence or going under the radar are always a cop out and are totally uneventful to watch.
As for Katie, we don't know if she confronted Bear or not but she confronted someone and that is a start. These people go on stages and perform to live crowds and compete in a ruthless industry to get their spoon in the gravy ...I don't believe a single one of them is as sensitive and passive as some would believe. And if through some fluke they are then they are in the wrong house.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 02:32 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
But the cameras are the key to how this thing works....take Katie for example, she's come up from the back of the race to a front position for finally being real and speaking her mind.....she's wasnt abusive or slapping anyone but for once she wasn't being totally passive..
I would say the big advantage of the cameras is that unlike real life, they can vent what they think to someone anyway they like and there are security guards on site 24/7 to protect them.
I have to agree with Lewis when he advised her that to get to the final in this particular Big Brother she needs to show more of that side of her personality.....he's such a patronising prick but he was correct when he said that.
She has not been herself because of the camera's, she has been a wall flower all the way through but after the speech she now has a go
Old 14-08-2016, 02:53 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
She has not been herself because of the camera's, she has been a wall flower all the way through but after the speech she now has a go
Yes she's finally stepping up but I think it's too little too late myself. But it's better than tears...her tears saw Ricky make threats of violence towards Bear and played a part in Biggins downfall.
Old 14-08-2016, 03:57 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevep View Post
Going back to my original point, Katie has stood up for herself here but it's worth noting that it's Heavy in the firing line and not Bear, why? Well my opinion would be, as i said earlier, each and every individual has a different level of confidence and Katie quite clearly feels confident enough to confront Heavy for being wasteful but not Bear when he had been. That in itself proves to a degree that it's not always tactical when certain people stand back but more so down to the level of courage they possess.
Well, or it could just be that she finds Colin more irritating, or expects more from him, as a middle-aged man, than she does from Bear, who's openly in there to cause mayhem, 24/7. What would be the point of talking to Stephen about anything, when all complaints about his antics seem to do is encourage the next installment in the Bear show? Colin, I'm guessing, is more frustrating because he's so weak, mentally, and so easily led. An apology one day is absolutely no guarantee that he won't repeat the offending behaviour next time Lewis or Bear throw him a few scraps of kindness. It's kind of tragic, really. But it also must be massively annoying. And then there's the 'Boom!' thing. As a viewer, I want Colin to die every time he does that, so imagine being locked up with it, for weeks that must seem like months by now.

Last edited by Ian Coke; 14-08-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Ian Coke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 04:00 PM #55
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

ffs he does himself no favours
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 04:00 PM #56
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Katie's breakout

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 04:12 PM #57

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Coke View Post
Well, or it could just be that she finds Colin more irritating, or expects more from him, as a middle-aged man, than she does from Bear, who's openly in there to cause mayhem, 24/7. What would be the point of talking to Stephen about anything, when all complaints about his antics seem to do is encourage the next installment in the Bear show? Colin, I'm guessing, is more frustrating because he's so weak, mentally, and so easily led. An apology one day is absolutely no guarantee that he won't repeat the offending behaviour next time Lewis or Bear throw him a few scraps of kindness. It's kind of tragic, really. But it also must be massively annoying. And then there's the 'Boom!' thing. As a viewer, I want Colin to die every time he does that. Imagine being locked up with it, for weeks that must seem like months now.
Yes, I think you've made some good points here. I think she does expect better of him, not because of his age but because she knows he is actually a decent person, and I think you're right in saying she is probably frustrated with him at being so easily led, again because deep inside he is a decent person.

You are also right in your observations about Bear- any comment to him would fall on deaf ears, and as he enjoys provoking others, would more than likely just encourage him to continue.

I guess it's a case of appealing to the man with a conscience, rather than the man without, as at least you have some chance of having an impact.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 04:38 PM #58

I think heavy wants to go home, bear makes him mad, and the only way not to lose it in his mind is to throw food about, he is bored in there, and also sleep deprived with some housemates getting drunk and running around the bedroom for a number of days, I think katie took it out on him because to her he is not acting like himself,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 04:40 PM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
Yes, I think you've made some good points here. I think she does expect better of him, not because of his age but because she knows he is actually a decent person, and I think you're right in saying she is probably frustrated with him at being so easily led, again because deep inside he is a decent person.

You are also right in your observations about Bear- any comment to him would fall on deaf ears, and as he enjoys provoking others, would more than likely just encourage him to continue.

I guess it's a case of appealing to the man with a conscience, rather than the man without, as at least you have some chance of having an impact.
Thanks for the kind words! But I see no evidence of Colin being 'a decent person'. He's always happy to join in when Bear and Lewis are picking on anyone who isn't him. Hilariously, or embarrassingly, Colin still seems to see himself as a master tactician, a sort of ruthless gangster strategist, in spite of being played, over and over. He appears to get a lot of sympathy on here because he isn't as handsome as Bear and Lewis, but I'm not sure we should assume his soul is any less rotten, simply because the packaging is more Viz than GQ

Last edited by Ian Coke; 14-08-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Old 14-08-2016, 04:46 PM #60
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Katie going into her American mode
Mess at American mode

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 05:03 PM #61
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
Katie should empty the bottles of alcohol very calmly down the drain, hit them where it hurts, and tell them every time they make a mess the alcohol will be forfeited

But she won't will she
Quote:
"Meanwhile in the garden, Bear encouraged Heavy and laughed to Lewis and Marnie: "He's in self destruct mode."

Oh, Heavy D, why do you do it? Just when you realised you were being used by the twat-rats, you've got sucked into it yet again.

Bear has latched on to Heavy since the eviction of Chloe, and he and his crowd are yet again taking advantage of Heavy's naivety, and setting him up.

Heavy, no!
ffs, colin

as for katie, she needs to bitch at bear just as loudly instead of taking the easy route. bear clearly played into his worst traits and sat back to watch colin take the fallout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
For goodness sake Heavy, NO!

So Katie loses it at Heavy, the easy target, for doing something juvenile ONCE, but I've never seen her losing it at Bear, who repeatedly wastes food and acts like a cretin. I wonder did she go off on HIM about the tomato soup on the floor?
exactly
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 05:36 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words! But I see no evidence of Colin being 'a decent person'. He's always happy to join in when Bear and Lewis are picking on anyone who isn't him. Hilariously, or embarrassingly, Colin still seems to see himself as a master tactician, a sort of ruthless gangster strategist, in spite of being played, over and over. He appears to get a lot of sympathy on here because he isn't as handsome as Bear and Lewis, but I'm not sure we should assume his soul is any less rotten, simply because the packaging is more Viz than GQ
Although I agreed on lots of what you said in your previous post, our perceptions differ here, Ian.

He has, on occasions, joined in with Bear and Lewis when they were picking on others, notably James, but this was at the start, and I might be wrong but I can't remember more recent occasions of this. I certainly don't think the word 'always' is anywhere near accurate.

I do think he is a decent person. He is naive, he is easily led and manipulated and he has got things wrong on occasions- granted. However, my impression is that his mistakes are not coming from a bad place like they do with Bear, but from an attempt to have fun; whereas I feel Bear and Lewis go out of their way to be cruel and to provoke others, and indeed revel in the distress they cause, I believe Heavy's motives are based firmly in humour and in just having a laugh.

He doesn't always think, but I don't believe he is malicious. He has shown he listens to others and makes the effort to adapt his behaviour. I think he has a heart, whereas the other two are just manipulative and care only for themselves. Heavy has sometimes been rotten, but I don't believe he is rotten- it is a case of separating the action and the person, and I believe the person has a lot of redeeming features. Even good people can, and do, get things wrong.

I can't say I understand how you feel he sees himself as a 'massive tactician', although he has made tongue-in-cheek comments.

He does have some sympathy from me, but it is nothing to do with him being perceived as having a less 'handsome....packaging' or me assuming 'his soul is less rotten' because of that. Give me some credit, Ian! I form my opinions using my brain rather than my eyes, so use my brain to interpret what my eyes see! Surely you wouldn't think me as superficial or so condescending as to pity people for their appearances, and base my judgments on them according to that! :

In actual fact, I feel sympathy, not pity, for him due to the way he has been manipulated, picked on and taken advantage of by the two slime balls already mentioned. More importantly, I like him and am supporting him, for a whole range of reasons!
Old 14-08-2016, 05:41 PM #63
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Although I agreed on lots of what you said in your previous post, our perceptions differ here, Ian.

He has, on occasions, joined in with Bear and Lewis when they were picking on others, notably James, but this was at the start, and I might be wrong but I can't remember more recent occasions of this. I certainly don't think the word 'always' is anywhere near accurate.

I do think he is a decent person. He is naive, he is easily led and manipulated and he has got things wrong on occasions- granted. However, my impression is that his mistakes are not coming from a bad place like they do with Bear, but from an attempt to have fun; whereas I feel Bear and Lewis go out of their way to be cruel and to provoke others, and indeed revel in the distress they cause, I believe Heavy's motives are based firmly in humour and in just having a laugh.

He doesn't always think, but I don't believe he is malicious. He has shown he listens to others and makes the effort to adapt his behaviour. I think he has a heart, whereas the other two are just manipulative and care only for themselves. Heavy has sometimes been rotten, but I don't believe he is rotten- it is a case of separating the action and the person, and I believe the person has a lot of redeeming features. Even good people can, and do, get things wrong.

I can't say I understand how you feel he sees himself as a 'massive tactician', although he has made tongue-in-cheek comments.

He does have some sympathy from me, but it is nothing to do with him being perceived as having a less 'handsome....packaging' or me assuming 'his soul is less rotten' because of that. Give me some credit, Ian! I form my opinions using my brain rather than my eyes, so use my brain to interpret what my eyes see! Surely you wouldn't think me as superficial or so condescending as to pity people for their appearances, and base my judgments on them according to that! :

In actual fact, I feel sympathy, not pity, for him due to the way he has been manipulated, picked on and taken advantage of by the two slime balls already mentioned. More importantly, I like him and am supporting him, for a whole range of reasons!
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 05:48 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
Old 14-08-2016, 06:18 PM #65

Quote:
I don't see tactics in a bad light at all....I like the tactics Bear, Renee, Heavy, Lewis and others have used.....I always like the game players ...but the tactic of sitting on the fence or going under the radar are always a cop out and are totally uneventful to watch.
As for Katie, we don't know if she confronted Bear or not but she confronted someone and that is a start. These people go on stages and perform to live crowds and compete in a ruthless industry to get their spoon in the gravy ...I don't believe a single one of them is as sensitive and passive as some would believe. And if through some fluke they are then they are in the wrong house.
I don't think her life is as competitive as you make out, not sure if it was a live feed or a highlights show but i remember her describing her typical day once and it sounded pretty mundane.

Agree to disagree here i think.
Stevep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 06:19 PM #66
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Legend Katie
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 07:13 PM #67

Quote:

So much to respond to here! Erm, a recent example of Colin's unpleasant behaviour was yelling 'Boom' when a clearly upset Chloe was in the process of being evicted. You say he doesn't think, that he doesn't mean to an arsehole; I think that's debatable, but really, who's to care about his motives, when the results are the same? As to the broader issue, I maintain that if he was a good-looking twenty something with a swimmer's build, acting in exactly the same way, everyone who's now in his corner would absolutely hate him. He's been told time and time again to give the 'Boom!' thing a rest, for example, but he's either just as unwilling, or incapable, of dialing his antics back as Bear is. I just don't see what you see, I suppose. You see a kindly, misunderstood gentle giant type, and I see an over-entitled adult baby, seething internally, with a ton a stuff to do with his largely unresolved sexual urges, to the point of being a social time bomb. The love child of the Incredible Hulk and Mr Blobby. Except not as telegenic as that monster would be.

Last edited by Ian Coke; 14-08-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 14-08-2016, 08:35 PM #68

heavy d is in a house with people who he has very little incommon with, in the outside world heavy d would never hang out with the likes of marnie, lewis,bear,chloe, and a few others, I have met guys like heavy d in pubs and they are fat or thin type of guys, their life is very different from what many in their do, and they are very harmless, heavy ds banter is from his local, and thats his comfort zone, we all sometimes don't know how to fit in Im like that aswell.
Old 14-08-2016, 10:16 PM #69
Selena Gomez Queen

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Chloe Ayling
BBUSA20: Bayleigh
Selena Gomez Queen

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Chloe Ayling
BBUSA20: Bayleigh

I love Katie!! She is being the realest and keeping fireworks going
Kyleisaselenator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2016, 10:24 PM #70

I thought this was good that Katie read the riot act to Heavy till I saw it tonight and realised that straight afterwards she cried....again
Old 14-08-2016, 10:39 PM #71

Quote:
I thought this was good that Katie read the riot act to Heavy till I saw it tonight and realised that straight afterwards she cried....again
So you feel like she wasn't entitled to cry, after two solid weeks of uncut Heavy D? You're a harsher judge of character than I. Personally, I'm amazed that nobody's tried to kill him yet, what with the constant 'Booms' and all those sharp knives lying about.
Old 14-08-2016, 11:15 PM #72

Quote:
So you feel like she wasn't entitled to cry, after two solid weeks of uncut Heavy D? You're a harsher judge of character than I. Personally, I'm amazed that nobody's tried to kill him yet, what with the constant 'Booms' and all those sharp knives lying about.
She cries too much for a housemate....BB is not for the faint hearted and even though they still go in every year and take the place of someone who could handle it better it never makes them any better to watch....go home is what I would say...she obv is too sensitive to handle it.
Old 14-08-2016, 11:34 PM #73
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan

Quote:
She cries too much for a housemate....BB is not for the faint hearted and even though they still go in every year and take the place of someone who could handle it better it never makes them any better to watch....go home is what I would say...she obv is too sensitive to handle it.
She can take Renee with her. Renee has a breakdown after every time she raises her voice.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 12:37 AM #74

Quote:
Interestingly, a friend of a friend knows Gail Porter. Apparently, Gail, no A-list celeb really, was paid a hundred and fifty grand to appear on the show. Presumably, they're all on the same levels of cash, much more in some cases, so it's difficult to feel much of anything for their troubles. Except for Colin, whose troubles are legion, to the point where he won't be able to control his hot, stinging canister unless he's allowed re-entry to all the strip clubs he's been banned from - 'Mate, I can pay now, honest!' he might bellow, to the guys on the door. And all the girls who don't want to see him, ever again.

Last edited by Ian Coke; 15-08-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Old 15-08-2016, 04:04 AM #75

katie is a very sly girl, she expects heavy d to be nice and to kiss her butt but she puts him up for noms, her crying would make me lose it in there, that girl always uses her tears to play Im all a good little girl, katie you can't expect people to be nice when you play sly on them. wake up to the real world you silly girl, your a 30 year old woman, not 13.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bear, heavy, katie, loses