Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Graphics Showcase your graphics here, get tips from other members or take part in TiBB graphic contests!

Closed Thread

Old 25-02-2007, 06:08 PM #51
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

No because wghat happens if you make two then you make another and its better

i like it the way it is

People on this forum know that not everyone cant get through its a compition not everyone wins

And its not the end of the world
Old 25-02-2007, 06:10 PM #52

I was only showing mine i didnt want mine to get through. I didnt even know it was going to get through, and i thought 'I' was going to have some imput in choosing the finalists guess not.

Can everybody please not vote for mine. (emilee - Justin Timberlake).
If i helped to choose the finalists i would only allow 1 banner per person and would try to atleast include one of everybodys entries, because i appreciate they take a long time to make and unexperienced banner mkers are really pleased with their work even if the judges arn't, so i think everyone should have had a fair chance at being in the final. Like Ash, Sophie etc should have gotten a banner in the final.

Sorry to those who Sam didnt pick to get through to the final. I thought everybodys banners were amazing!

DONT VOTE FOR MINE!
Old 25-02-2007, 06:13 PM #53

Of course not everyone wins and of course it's not the end of the world, but people would still like their efforts appreciated. I think Red Moon's post sums up and summarises pretty much all the tension that has gone on.

And Emilee, your banner's great - you still deserve recognition for it. But at the same time I'm sure even you would rather it was picked in a better way. Also, I thought you were a joint judge as well?! So not only was the date changed, the judges were even changed!

Perhaps, if we are to have judges and judging, if possible we should have mods or reliable organisers plan the events!
Old 25-02-2007, 06:15 PM #54

Quote:
Originally posted by andybigbro
No because wghat happens if you make two then you make another and its better

i like it the way it is

People on this forum know that not everyone cant get through its a compition not everyone wins

And its not the end of the world
Sorry but the system is seriously flawed. If we are going to have unfair competitions then we would be better off without them at all. It just causes bad feeling on the board for no reason at all. To be honest I felt like closing this thread. I didn't because I could see people where making progress in changing things.

As for only having a set number of entries, you would just have to make sure you entered you best work or have a system where at a set date you say what entries you want to go through to the heats.
Old 25-02-2007, 06:17 PM #55
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
Having read this topic I can see why people feel the way they do. Everyone who entered the competition put a lot of effort into their banners given their experience of using the various graphic packages . Further to this I also understand how people feel about how the judging. For example, it would, having looked at the original topic, seem unfair that one of the judges has an entry in the final. Surely it would have been better if the judges couldn't enter the competition. Another clear problem was the shifting closing date which was originally set sometime in March. It is clear that the system of judging has caused a lot of bad feeling and for understandable reasons.

I suggest that in future competitions you have clear rules that everyone understands and that a method is devised so that everyone that enters has their work up for some kind of public vote in a heats phase. May be something like this:

In the heats phase the banners could be posted in groups of say 9 or 10 with people then picking their top 3 in order over a period of a couple of days. 5 points could be given for every banner rated first, 3 for second and 1 for third and the points totalled up. This would give three banners from the original heat making it through to the next round. The final could also be scored in the same sort of way.

To stop lots of entries I would suggest limiting the number of banners that can be put through to the final vote. So for example people are only allowed two entries. This will reduce the number of banners going through to heats and will make sure people enter their best work.

By having no Judges you would avoid problems like the ones caused by this competitions.
I wouldn't try helping them. I suggested a fairer way and no one wanted anything to do with it. Just let it be a unfair. They're the ones who'll look stupid doing it.

Old 25-02-2007, 06:25 PM #56

Just seen this... Why not just put all the banners in one big poll? Maybe have a run-off poll for the top two or three. Give everyone a chance.
Old 25-02-2007, 06:47 PM #57

I think one of the main problems was that there were just too many for one poll. Hence the heats idea the people have been coming up with. If the heats could take place in one topic over an number days it would save us having lots of topics all over the place on the same sort of subject.

What ever system is used everyone has to have a fair chance of winning and having their work judged in a fair way.
Old 25-02-2007, 06:55 PM #58

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus™
Well I'm hoping to do mine straight after the voting for this has finished.
So basicly a complete rip off?
Old 25-02-2007, 06:56 PM #59

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by snig
No, you're not the only one who's allowed to do stuff. It'll be much fairer than this anyway.
Old 25-02-2007, 07:01 PM #60

Quote:
I wouldn't try helping them. I suggested a fairer way and no one wanted anything to do with it. Just let it be a unfair. They're the ones who'll look stupid doing it.

There not intersted because there is already one here. Ok Im going away and i couldnt judge, it had to be moved, the fact is it was unavoidable i cant judge it if im not even here. Markus, i dont know why you hate me so much, I do something and you have to contradict, or try to outshine me. Im doing the other competition and you have to drop "the bombshell". Were doing this banner competition but you have to do a better one. Think of your own ideas, all you do is criticise and im getting sick of it.
Old 25-02-2007, 07:08 PM #61

Quote:
No, you're not the only one who's allowed to do stuff. It'll be much fairer than this anyway.
Ive done this banner competition sinces Last year July, we dont need another one, weve already got one and its just pointless to make another, because ive told various other forum members that im doing another one now there is a proper thread , not only this but the format will be changed as requested by everyone. I think James' idea of one big poll is good or heats, we just dont need another one
Old 25-02-2007, 07:10 PM #62

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Ive done this banner competition sinces Last year July, we dont need another one, weve already got one and its just pointless to make another, because ive told various other forum members that Im doing another one now there is a proper thread , not only this but the format will be changed as requested by everyone. I think James' idea of one big poll is good or heats, we just dont need another one
No, we didn't get a graphic section just for your comp. If you notice the thing that sends you in here, it says and graphic competitions. Not competition.
Old 25-02-2007, 07:12 PM #63

Quote:
No, we didn't get a graphic section just for your comp. If you notice the thing that sends you in here, it says and graphic competitions. Not competition.
Graphic competitions? Yes. No several banner competitions. Competition using graphics generally, not just a copy of my banner competition but with Markus Style.
Old 25-02-2007, 07:13 PM #64

Look peeps..... its all getting a bit heated now....... why dont we just all calm down
Old 25-02-2007, 07:15 PM #65

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ive done this banner competition sinces Last year July, we dont need another one, weve already got one and its just pointless to make another, because ive told various other forum members that Im doing another one now there is a proper thread , not only this but the format will be changed as requested by everyone. I think James' idea of one big poll is good or heats, we just dont need another one
Graphic competitions? Yes. No several banner competitions. Competition using graphics generally, not just a copy of my banner competition but with Markus Style.
Wow, wait a big up yourself. And no, it won't be a copy. It's actually completely different to your sham of a contest. You aren't the only one here who can make a contest in this section. Remember who pitched this idea in the first place.
Old 25-02-2007, 07:16 PM #66

Moon has come up with a plan, we are to re judge the competition but with heats and a new host which Ill announce shortly.
Old 25-02-2007, 07:17 PM #67

Quote:
Wow, wait a big up yourself. And no, it won't be a copy. It's actually completely different to your sham of a contest. You aren't the only one here who can make a contest in this section. Remember who pitched this idea in the first place.
Now whos trying to take credit for someone elses idea...
Old 25-02-2007, 07:18 PM #68

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Now whos trying to take credit for someone elses idea... [/quote]

I'm sorry, what? The graphics section was an idea of mine. Not the general interests.
Old 25-02-2007, 07:18 PM #69

With that...... thread closed.

An announcement will be made in the original thread shortly.

This argument is to stop now before I issue warnings.

Red
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
banner, competition, results, vote, winner