Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Announcements / Suggestions / Help Announcements from Admin, member suggestions and forum help

Old 02-11-2016, 11:00 AM #1
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Default When posts are deleted without an explanation

If posts are deleted and the reason is not due to an infraction would it be possible that a general comment is made on the thread by the mod who deleted it as to why? It seems to be happening more and more in ...yes ...SD

Last edited by Cherie; 02-11-2016 at 11:00 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:31 AM #2

I'm not known for abiding by the rules very well, but with the condition of SD at the moment, it's quite obvious why a mod would delete some posts. They are obviously trying to either prevent something escalating into an argument, removing something off-topic or it's something worthy of a warning or infraction and they're actually giving you a chance..
Old 02-11-2016, 12:24 PM #3
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
I'm not known for abiding by the rules very well, but with the condition of SD at the moment, it's quite obvious why a mod would delete some posts. They are obviously trying to either prevent something escalating into an argument, removing something off-topic or it's something worthy of a warning or infraction and they're actually giving you a chance..
That's the point some times it's not obvious at all? If posts are removed as off topic, it's not difficult to give a quick explanation, Niamh generally goes bold for it, it's a system all mods should adopt this approach in my view.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:27 PM #4
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I can't say I've noticed.. My posts don't go missing
Old 02-11-2016, 12:45 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
That's the point some times it's not obvious at all? If posts are removed as off topic, it's not difficult to give a quick explanation, Niamh generally goes bold for it, it's a system all mods should adopt this approach in my view.
Well my posts have been deleted for stupid reasons before but when it comes down to it, the mods can only use their own judgement to take the action that they think is right. Yeah, I've complained about it but I'm not going to ask them to post a reason every time they delete a post.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:00 PM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I can't say I've noticed.. My posts don't go missing
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM #7
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
Well my posts have been deleted for stupid reasons before but when it comes down to it, the mods can only use their own judgement to take the action that they think is right. Yeah, I've complained about it but I'm not going to ask them to post a reason every time they delete a post.
So you have complained about it? So why did you bother complaining if you didn't want anything done about it I'm sure the mods can take on board suggestions, if they can't why do we have a suggestion thread
Old 02-11-2016, 01:08 PM #8
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):

I'll be honest... I would rather take an infraction if I posted something wrong rather than censorship without explanation. That being said... I don't want my infraction reasons to be riddled with sarcasm...just a direct reference to what it is for would be nice.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.

Last edited by Mokka; 02-11-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:29 PM #9

A lot of the time posts are removed for being part of an argument or quoting a post that is part of an argument, when something like that has happened in a thread most members taking part in the discussion will know why posts have been removed.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:30 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
I'll be honest... I would rather take an infraction if I posted something wrong rather than censorship without explanation. That being said... I don't want my infraction reasons to be riddled with sarcasm...just a direct reference to what it is for would be nice.
Having just looked through youre entire list of infractions I can say there is not one sarcastic comment there, just some detailed reasons letting you know exactly what a warning or infraction is for.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:33 PM #11
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Having just looked through youre entire list of infractions I can say there is not one sarcastic comment there, just some detailed reasons letting you know exactly what a warning or infraction is for.
Well that is simply not the truth
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:37 PM #12

Quote:
Well that is simply not the truth
No it is the truth Mokka, we've been here before if I remember correctly and I had to then posts some of youre deleted comments to prove that I was telling the truth, you had nothing to say afterwards if I recall.

The fact is you possibly see something sarcastic due to not agreeing with the reasons, as I mentioned before it's only some detailed reasons as to why the infraction or warning was given in the first place.

Last edited by Josy; 02-11-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:43 PM #13
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'll be honest... I would rather take an infraction if I posted something wrong rather than censorship without explanation.
This

Are you feeling better Josy?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:43 PM #14
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No it is the truth Mokka, we've been before if I remember correctly and I had to then posts some of youre deleted comments to prove that I was telling the truth, you had nothing to say afterwards if I recall.

The fact is you possibly see something sarcastic due to not agreeing with the reasons, as I mentioned before it's only some detailed reasons as to why the infraction or warning was given in the first place.
No Josy.
I wasn't posting on the site when you decided to release half of my deleted post....edited for your convenience... in the time you referenced. So it wasn't that I had nothing to say... it was that I wasn't here.
Also, I would prefer a mod who is not giving my infractions to read through and decide what is sarcasm and what is an actual reason for an infraction... because you are not very good at regulating yourself...let's be honest
Old 02-11-2016, 01:46 PM #15

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Only had one post deleted to my knowledge, and on reflecting about it I realised it was probably called for in the interest of keeping the peace.
No complaints here.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:50 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
This

Are you feeling better Josy?
I'm not too bad thank you Cherie.

I will mention in the admin forum about a comment being posted when posts are removed.

Quote:
No Josy.
I wasn't posting on the site when you decided to release half of my deleted post....edited for your convenience... in the time you referenced. So it wasn't that I had nothing to say... it was that I wasn't here.
Also, I would prefer a mod who is not giving my infractions to read through and decide what is sarcasm and what is an actual reason for an infraction... because you are not very good at regulating yourself...let's be honest
There's an infraction from plenty of mods on the list, you're hardly being targeted.

I'm as fair as I possibly can be on here, as are all the other mods but there's always certain members that can never accept when they are wrong and then try turning it around on the person infracting them.

I pasted the entire comment that day Mokka, the long one you posted that was clearly designed to cause trouble and unrest in a fun light hearted thread due to you being unhappy at one of your friends being banned, but this is way off topic.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:53 PM #17
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I will mention in the admin forum about a comment being posted when posts are removed.

There's an infraction from plenty of mods on the list, you're hardly being targeted.

I'm as fair as I possibly can be on here, as are all the other mods but there's always certain members that can never accept when they are wrong and then try turning it around on the person infracting them.

I pasted the entire comment that day Mokka, the long one you posted that was clearly designed to cause trouble and unrest in a fun light hearted thread due to you being unhappy at one of your friends being banned, but this is way off topic.
More untruths ... you did not post the entire comment Josy. But that's fine. You have the power to spin the tale you want...and I have posts deleted and no proof to show the truth.... which is what the heart of this thread is. The people in control can censor and edit what they want... and the users of the site have no voice.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:57 PM #18

Quote:
More untruths ... you did not post the entire comment Josy. But that's fine. You have the power to spin the tale you want...and I have posts deleted and no proof to show the truth.... which is what the heart of this thread is. The people in control can censor and edit what they want... and the users of the site have no voice.
I posted the entire paragraph that you posted and then had removed.

As I mentioned this is off topic so if you can wait til I'm home later I will try look up the thread and actually send you the quotes and a screenshot from it, what you think I have to gain from posting untruths about your comments I have no idea but I generally don't have the time nor the energy to go to all of that trouble tbh.

Can we get back on topic now please.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM #19
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I posted the entire paragraph that you posted and then had removed.

As I mentioned this is off topic so if you can wait til I'm home later I will try look up the thread and actually send you the quotes and a screenshot from it, what you think I have to gain from posting untruths about your comments I have no idea but I generally don't have the time nor the energy to go to all of that trouble tbh.

Can we get back on topic now please.
You brought it up in some kind of exposč about me...but sure let's drop it. I honestly don't care. It doesn't take away from my argument in this thread that deletion of posts without explanation is censorship.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:05 PM #20
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

That's great Josy thanks
Old 02-11-2016, 02:13 PM #21

Do I address MY contentions that your statement is not true in ALL cases on here Josy? Or in a pm to you?

Not only have I had COMPLETELY INNOCUOUS posts removed without ANY genuine reason, I have had subsequent posts INSTANTLY removed which simply asked "Why has my innocuous post been removed when it has breached no rules at all?"

I recently had 6 posts removed - ONE AFTER THE OTHER - just as soon as I posted them:

The first was a civil rebuttal response to a Mod who had made accusations against me in a post.

When it was removed not a nano second after I had submitted it, I posted a benign post asking why it had been removed.

When THAT was instantly removed, I posted a STILL civil post asking why my posts were being removed and along with them my Right To Reply.

Later on that thread, the Mod involved asked another member for 'proof' to her allegation that he was not 'playing by the forum's own rules' or words to that effect" and in response to his invitation for 'proof', I posted simply that "My proof keeps being removed".

For which simple INNOCENT TRUTH I enjoyed a Warning:

Report Private Message Private Message: You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums
28-10-2016, 03:08 PM
TiBB Staff
TiBB Staff

Default You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums
Dear kirklancaster,

You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums.

Reason:
-------
You have been here long enough to know that when posts are deleted you don't keep bringing them up especially just to cause more drama or derail a thread.

-------

Original Post:
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?p=9033013
Quote:
My PROOF keeps being removed???

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums
.................................................. .......

I have kept all relevant threads and can produce the above verbatim if need be, along with Warnings and Infractions for such totally innocent posts as:

posting CIVILLY to a member who I was debating with "I'm sorry, but you are simply not making any sense" - when SHE WAS NOT making any sense.

And again, for posting a good-natured humorous response to a member who had JUST posted the EXACT words I was about to post:

"You took the words right out of my mouth"

Did either of the above REALLY warrant punishment? Especially when so many far more grave and GENUINE breaches of forum rules are seen to be ALLOWED on a daily basis?

Did my posts above really deserve to be removed?

I would welcome a civil answer to be honest.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:25 PM #22
Banned

Banned

Quote:
No Josy.
I've just looked through your infractions, There's nothing wrong with them and I imagine any other mod would say the same.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:29 PM #23
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

all my posts were deleted when i told everyone the difference between Panseual and Bisexual

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:30 PM #24
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Do I address MY contentions that your statement is not true in ALL cases on here Josy? Or in a pm to you?

Not only have I had COMPLETELY INNOCUOUS posts removed without ANY genuine reason, I have had subsequent posts INSTANTLY removed which simply asked "Why has my innocuous post been removed when it has breached no rules at all?"

I recently had 6 posts removed - ONE AFTER THE OTHER - just as soon as I posted them:

The first was a civil rebuttal response to a Mod who had made accusations against me in a post.

When it was removed not a nano second after I had submitted it, I posted a benign post asking why it had been removed.

When THAT was instantly removed, I posted a STILL civil post asking why my posts were being removed and along with them my Right To Reply.

Later on that thread, the Mod involved asked another member for 'proof' to her allegation that he was not 'playing by the forum's own rules' or words to that effect" and in response to his invitation for 'proof', I posted simply that "My proof keeps being removed".

For which simple INNOCENT TRUTH I enjoyed a Warning:

Report Private Message Private Message: You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums
28-10-2016, 03:08 PM
TiBB Staff
TiBB Staff

Default You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums
Dear kirklancaster,

You have received a warning at ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums.

Reason:
-------
You have been here long enough to know that when posts are deleted you don't keep bringing them up especially just to cause more drama or derail a thread.

-------

Original Post:
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?p=9033013
Quote:
My PROOF keeps being removed???

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums
.................................................. .......

I have kept all relevant threads and can produce the above verbatim if need be, along with Warnings and Infractions for such totally innocent posts as:

posting CIVILLY to a member who I was debating with "I'm sorry, but you are simply not making any sense" - when SHE WAS NOT making any sense.

And again, for posting a good-natured humorous response to a member who had JUST posted the EXACT words I was about to post:

"You took the words right out of my mouth"

Did either of the above REALLY warrant punishment? Especially when so many far more grave and GENUINE breaches of forum rules are seen to be ALLOWED on a daily basis?

Did my posts above really deserve to be removed?

I would welcome a civil answer to be honest.
I think the warning speaks for itself.

We delete offending posts and any posts that reference those posts, you know that if you continue to post about deleted posts after they've been removed then you run the risk of being infracted because it basically continues any deleted drama and derails the thread.

You know what to do if you need clarification on a deleted post and posting about it in the thread itself isn't it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:37 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I think the warning speaks for itself.

We delete offending posts and any posts that reference those posts, you know that if you continue to post about deleted posts after they've been removed then you run the risk of being infracted because it basically continues any deleted drama and derails the thread.

You know what to do if you need clarification on a deleted post and posting about it in the thread itself isn't it.
I was addressing my questions directly to Josy, but perhaps as the Mod in question - you could tell me what to do? Should I pm you?

And the 'warning' most certainly DOES NOT speak for itself - for a start it is a private culmination of a very public and distasteful, unfair and unethical sequence of actions perpetrated by a MODERATOR against me.

You made an uninvited post about me on a thread on this forum which contained numerous wrongful allegations about me and I responded CIVILLY to rebut and refute those allegations.

My RESPONSE was removed.

When I posted to CIVILLY ask why you had removed it. That response was almost instantly removed also.

And so on and so forth - 6 times - until I had no choice but to give up trying to exercise my 'Right To Reply'.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 02-11-2016 at 02:47 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
deleted, explanation, posts