Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB19 Celebrity Big Brother January 2017 [CBB 19] [All Stars and New Stars] was won by Coleen Nolan.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:40 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Default Could C5 be in trouble with McDonald's?

So Product Placement and all. They are allowed to do this because at the start of the show a "P" is on the right hand side of the screen. So initially i thought this would be great promo for Mcdonalds (those few mins would have been worth a LOT to them). BUT then I read this post on DS:

It wasn't product placement as all logos were covered. It was also not good advertisement for the company as Jedward were going on about how it's not real chicken and that it's made from pink slime and someone else said hey are made from chicken anus and beaks lol And for those that will hit back with 'but they said Big Mac and Mcflurry!' Well of course they did, how else do you order a Big Mac? You can't just say I want a burger and ice cream as that could come from anywhere and hey specifically wanted the McDonald's stuff.

Which isn't true at all, McDonalds have spent tons on advertising right now promoting the fact all their chicken and beef served in the UK is 100% British and pure with no 'nasty bits' and having these nobodies slandering their products and giving false information to a million viewers is not good marketing.

This is very true and i am very surprised they decided to air it. McDonalds is a huge company so to have a TV show air views of people stating that they do not use real meat etc... could be very bad for C5?
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:52 AM #2
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

I was also surprised they aired it.. But I dont think its against any rules. I remember when they were sponsored by hairdye - like their official sponsor was that Live Colour XXL or something, and every other day, they'd have somebody slag off how tragic their new hair colour looked!

Im not claiming to know the rules, I dont, but I assume everything is open for fair use and criticism?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:03 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I was also surprised they aired it.. But I dont think its against any rules. I remember when they were sponsored by hairdye - like their official sponsor was that Live Colour XXL or something, and every other day, they'd have somebody slag off how tragic their new hair colour looked!

Im not claiming to know the rules, I dont, but I assume everything is open for fair use and criticism?
They had the house dyeing their hair to promote some sh*tty product? When was this?

Last edited by Marsh.; 12-01-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:04 AM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
They had the house dyeing their hair to promote some sh*tty product? When was this?
Sounds like something campy, cheesy CBB8 did.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:41 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli

I was amazed at how much they seemed to be enjoying all that junk food!
Clootie Dumpling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:32 AM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Cant comment as Ive never had a Mc Donalds. I would rather eat the box it comes in, there are more nutrients in the boxes. Junk food should be banned anyway. I have however eaten KFC on the odd occasion as my grandson loves them but chicken nuggets dont rate high on my list either, no matter what they are made from. Watching Mc Mug eating that burger said all i want to know about her, she ate it like an Irish Navvy with rampant hunger. She really is as common as muck.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:43 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
So Product Placement and all. They are allowed to do this because at the start of the show a "P" is on the right hand side of the screen. So initially i thought this would be great promo for Mcdonalds (those few mins would have been worth a LOT to them). BUT then I read this post on DS:

It wasn't product placement as all logos were covered. It was also not good advertisement for the company as Jedward were going on about how it's not real chicken and that it's made from pink slime and someone else said hey are made from chicken anus and beaks lol And for those that will hit back with 'but they said Big Mac and Mcflurry!' Well of course they did, how else do you order a Big Mac? You can't just say I want a burger and ice cream as that could come from anywhere and hey specifically wanted the McDonald's stuff.

Which isn't true at all, McDonalds have spent tons on advertising right now promoting the fact all their chicken and beef served in the UK is 100% British and pure with no 'nasty bits' and having these nobodies slandering their products and giving false information to a million viewers is not good marketing.

This is very true and i am very surprised they decided to air it. McDonalds is a huge company so to have a TV show air views of people stating that they do not use real meat etc... could be very bad for C5?
"the views and opinions of the hm's do not represent...blah blah blah" I cant imagine mcdonalds caring what a z-list celeb says on a silly reality show
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:12 AM #8
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Cbb10 and bb13, Scott went from blonde to an awful red, conor dyed his hair purple as a dare which everyone laughed at, and a lot of the girls played around with highlights that faded merky pretty fast. Think Ashleigh went from dirty blonde to purple/brown too?

Last edited by Withano; 12-01-2017 at 06:14 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:23 AM #9
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Conor always wore hats, i cant find photos of his, but they all just always slagged it off despite it being the sponsor

Last edited by Withano; 12-01-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 AM #10
cancelled

cancelled

...'jamie..............be a good chap and put that nugget in the bin...........'

comedy gold................with realism..........where all mc d stuff should go

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:07 AM #11
-

-

A McSue coming?
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:35 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post

Aw poor Mc D's with there billions of pounds destroying the rain forest. All publicity is good publicity -the ones who were talking about pink slime were only highlighting what a lot of people already think - so the adverts are informative for them. The meat is not British though. They just say what cuts it is and what ingredients are in it (beef salt and pepper - although the beef probably has growth hormones and anti biotics to the hills and I dont wanna know whats been done to the salt)
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:50 AM #13
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
...'jamie..............be a good chap and put that nugget in the bin...........'

comedy gold................with realism..........where all mc d stuff should go

Mark L
I can't figure out why he was sniffing it. McD's chicky nugnugs don't smell like anything
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:04 PM #14
You know my methods

You know my methods

|if anyone is still stupid enough to think all that 20 year ago bollocks about McDonalds is true, good luck to them

meanwhile smart people enjoy excellent value quick food at the golden arches
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:09 PM #15
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
|if anyone is still stupid enough to think all that 20 year ago bollocks about McDonalds is true, good luck to them

meanwhile smart people enjoy excellent value quick food at the golden arches
I don't believe any scare / horror stories but... Burger King does better burgers, and KFC does better chicken sooo... I just can't get on board with Maccys. They DO have the best strawberry milkshakes though .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
c5, mcdonald, trouble