Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-01-2017, 01:26 AM #101

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Well i hope they all got home in time to cook dinner
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 01:41 AM #102
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Great to see such a turn out, it's heart warming to see so many people turning out to protest against hate, peacefully.
Old 22-01-2017, 01:46 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Well i hope they all got home in time to cook dinner

NO NM

prepared dinner in fridge
cook for 3 mins
add gravy cook for another 2mins

WIPE OUT MICROWVE
sticky note

Feel The Force.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 01:59 AM #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Great to see such a turn out, it's heart warming to see so many people turning out to protest against hate, peacefully.

Yes so long as they are Not Smashing Shop windows
its Fine Chewy

But I hope your aware and you have been Updated
some on marches were not just marching against Trump,

On all News
Old 22-01-2017, 10:08 AM #105

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
NO NM

prepared dinner in fridge
cook for 3 mins
add gravy cook for another 2mins

WIPE OUT MICROWVE
sticky note

Feel The Force.
Old 22-01-2017, 10:11 AM #106

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

I think its good to see women being passionate about something and respecting themselves and so on. However, for me this is a misguided choice of issue to march over.

If we are going to scream and shout about about a foreign government, why don't we see women marching about the rights of Saudi woman who aren't allowed to go out without a male family member and aren't allowed to drive a car among many other things. Or women in Iran, or China where they have a serious population imbalance of men to women because of the practice of disposing of little girl babies in favour of boys. There are women in the world who have no rights. They can't choose who to love or who to marry. They can't even choose what to wear. Not only can men speak about them disrespectfully they can use them disrespectfully, treat them as property, lock them up in the home.

Trump talks inappropriately a few years ago about a few women who might have misguidedly let him cop a feel, or who he thought he could cop a feel with, and everyone is up in arms. Women who live in a country where they have every right to take the bastard to court and nail him for it.

I am a bit bemused as to how some of these things are acceptable, and some are not. I am not saying any woman should have to put up with inappropriate sexual harassment but the perspective to me seems unbalanced, particularly when the women in Trump's case could report him to the police or sue him, they are allowed out without a male family member..

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 22-01-2017 at 10:19 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 10:29 AM #107

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I think its good to see women being passionate about something and respecting themselves and so on. However, for me this is a misguided choice of issue to march over.

If we are going to scream and shout about about a foreign government, why don't we see women marching about the rights of Saudi woman who aren't allowed to go out without a male family member and aren't allowed to drive a car among many other things. Or women in Iran, or China where they have a serious population imbalance of men to women because of the practice of disposing of little girl babies in favour of boys. There are women in the world who have no rights. They can't choose who to love or who to marry. They can't even choose what to wear. Not only can men speak about them disrespectfully they can use them disrespectfully, treat them as property, lock them up in the home.

Trump talks inappropriately a few years ago about a few women who might have misguidedly let him cop a feel, or who he thought he could cop a feel with, and everyone is up in arms. Women who live in a country where they have every right to take the bastard to court and nail him for it.

I am a bit bemused as to how some of these things are acceptable, and some are not. I am not saying any woman should have to put up with inappropriate sexual harassment but the perspective to me seems unbalanced, particularly when the women in Trump's case could report him to the police or sue him, they are allowed out without a male family member..
Because on the lefties scale of victimhood Muslims are a more protected group than women.

It goes something like this from most protected to least
Non whites
Transexuals
Gays
White foreigners
Women

Straight white males
Old 22-01-2017, 10:54 AM #108
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Some very good points Jaxie and I agree totally. I feel that people are afraid to tackle the issues of women who are treated as property and who have absolutely no rights due to so-called religious beliefs.

Their sense of being seen to be politically correct and accepting of other cultures gets priority over the plight of those poor women. They turn a blind eye, maybe due to deep rooted sexism, and hide behind comments such as they have the right to choose what they want to wear when people challenge the wearing of burkas in the West, which is simple deflection to let them off the hook for their own inaction. No doubt we will hear more of the same later. Of all the 'isms' it seems that to many sexism comes bottom of the pile , that sub-consciously at least, they do not treat the 'isms' equally. There seems to be more 'street-cred' for supporting isms such as racism and liberalism.

Men get away with murder in the name of religion worldwide, many of their victims women and many women from their own families. I saw an interesting documentary recently regarding a young girl in India who had defied her father and was shot and thrown in a river and left for dead by him. She survived but was pressured by everyone, family, villages and the system, to forgive him so he didn't have to stay in prison - common practice apparently. She didn't want to but had little choice. The father had been far more concerned with preserving his reputation and receiving respect than the life or suffering of his own daughter. There was absolutely no remorse from him for what he had done to her. He actually said he was proud of what he had done, that he had done the right thing.

That sort of religous belief has no place on the planet and is a cover for psychopathic women hating men, of which there are clearly many, to get away with it. Sickening how anyone in the Western world could in any way want to condone such religions in the West in order to indulge their own sense of moral superiority by being accepting of other cultures and religions. I feel ashamed for them.

Last edited by Brillopad; 22-01-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 12:14 PM #109

What you're not getting is, this march was an international day of solidarity. It wasn't just about Trump. It was used on the day of his Inauguration because Trump, our new leader of the world, is the new face misogyny. This march was about female repression the world over.

Why do so many threads get turned back towards Muslims? its like an obsession.
Old 22-01-2017, 12:22 PM #110
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
What you're not getting is, this march was an international day of solidarity. It wasn't just about Trump. It was used on the day of his Inauguration because Trump, our new leader of the world, is the new face misogyny. This march was about female repression the world over.

I guess because this particular religion's treatment of women is one of the worst and very visual, the wearing of the burka, and should not be allowed on streets in the West, it is tantamount to acceptance of said repression.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 01:08 PM #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I guess because this particular religion's treatment of women is one of the worst and very visual, the wearing of the burka, and should not be allowed on streets in the West, it is tantamount to acceptance of said repression.
That's not what this discussion is about.
Old 22-01-2017, 01:38 PM #112

"Straight white males"

How Nice NM
but there is also GAY Truck Women
Voting Trump.

Plus Gay Men voting Trump

Even on Every TV station UK to FAT Black WOMEN
Diamond and Silk LIVE BY SYKPE HD USA
Love Trump and Love Trump 3AM Twitter

Yes NM
Shares got wiped off that USA Plane company
as Trump says they are Over charging
Now I get VERY ANGRY at Over Charging
And will Expose IT.

FEEL THE FORCE NM

Last edited by arista; 22-01-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 22-01-2017, 03:59 PM #113
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post

Men are more oppressed than women in western society. If these man haters want to march I suggets they march in the countries where women are oppressed ie. the middle east. a place where the idiotic feminazis and liberals want to allow totally open borders unchecked immigration and sharia law too...they make so sense whatsoever. trump is trying to protect these women and men from such radical islamic terrorists

Last edited by the truth; 22-01-2017 at 03:59 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 04:01 PM #114

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Biology doesn't make men and women unequal,It makes them different and as such they often have to make different choices.
Old 22-01-2017, 04:05 PM #115
Banned

Banned

Quote:

I disagree completely.

I think the (rather random) Muslim statements don't serve a point other than to shut down the conversation. Just because some women are repressed in some parts of the world doesn't mean we can't discuss issues facing women in our part of the world. One issue doesn't cancel out another.

Trump's election and Brexit showed that both the UK and the US are sliding towards extremism. The Women's March is as relevant to the UK as it is to the US although it's more pre-emptive here but still important as our Media and government rely on scapegoats and anyone who isn't the preferred demographic will be targeted eventually.

Trump's administration brings with it the threat of the end of Planned Parenthood, stricter abortion laws and the continued presence of a gender based wage gap. The march is relevant and important.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 04:09 PM #116
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Biology doesn't make men and women unequal,It makes them different and as such they often have to make different choices.
feminists dont accept that. they think the average wage across the entire world should be identical. even though men do jobs for many years that 99.9% of women wouldnt consider
Old 22-01-2017, 04:10 PM #117
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I disagree completely.

I think the (rather random) Muslim statements don't serve a point other than to shut down the conversation. Just because some women are repressed in some parts of the world doesn't mean we can't discuss issues facing women in our part of the world. One issue doesn't cancel out another.

Trump's election and Brexit showed that both the UK and the US are sliding towards extremism. The Women's March is as relevant to the UK as it is to the US although it's more pre-emptive here but still important as our Media and government rely on scapegoats and anyone who isn't the preferred demographic will be targeted eventually.

Trump's administration brings with it the threat of the end of Planned Parenthood, stricter abortion laws and the continued presence of a gender based wage gap. The march is relevant and important.
amazing post
Old 22-01-2017, 04:13 PM #118

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
feminists dont accept that. they think the average wage across the entire world should be identical. even though men do jobs for many years that 99.9% of women wouldnt consider
Well one of the issues that feminists generally shy away from is the fact that way more men die at work because they do the horrible jobs that women won't or can't do.Put that fact to a feminist and they'll change the subject or try telling you it's all about the context etc etc blah blah.
Old 22-01-2017, 04:14 PM #119
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The fact that you think a gender based wage gap is acceptable says it all and your attempts to justify it are illogical and nonsensical.
Old 22-01-2017, 04:15 PM #120
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I disagree completely.

The feminazis are the extreme movement. they have more rights than men in western society, theyve destroyed families and childhood too. they trying to shut down all free speech next and ignore the rife sexism against men in western society, because they are not a movement for equality they are a sexist vicious male hating out of date corrupt movement hell bent on female supremacy and male oppression
Old 22-01-2017, 04:15 PM #121
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Well one of the issues that feminists generally shy away from is the fact that way more men die at work because they do the horrible jobs that women won't or can't do.Put that fact to a feminist and they'll change the subject or try telling you it's all about the context etc etc blah blah.
This should change before long given women have been fighting for the right to fight on the army frontline, same as men..and now have that right just extra training is involved so its not quite happening yet (unless you class men who were already in the army now wearing dresses and deciding that makes them women and such...). The death toll of women at work should rise soon, probably by next year
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 22-01-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 04:18 PM #122
User banned

User banned

Quote:
The fact that you think a gender based wage gap is acceptable says it all and your attempts to justify it are illogical and nonsensical.
your counter argument is embarrassing and your false outrage and fake taking of offence oh so predictable. If 2 people do the exact same job to the same standard in the same part of the country they should be paid the same. otherwise there will be variation. how many women clean the sewers, work oil rigs, carry out the rubbish, how many do the most dangerous jobs risking life and limb compared to men? until the same number do, then they cannot earn the living for doing these jobs? You cont even understand mean medium mode. Im talking the mean across the whole country. when you factor in the vast number of men who do more risky jobs and get danger money they they overall male mean/average will be boosted above womens.
Old 22-01-2017, 04:18 PM #123
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It's a stupid argument to make. Why should a woman be paid less than a man just because some industries are male dominated? It makes no ****ing sense.

Does this mean that men working in the fashion, childcare or Health & Beauty industries should be paid less than women because they are female dominated industries? It's dumb.

Men and women who perform the same job should be paid an equal wage, the fact that people are arguing against this is just ****ing mind boggling.
Old 22-01-2017, 04:19 PM #124
0_o

0_o

I am not a feminist by any stretch of the imagination, but find the idea that feminists should centre the struggles of men slightly bizarre. Its kinda akin to asking the black lives matter movement to focus on the struggles of white people.

And I am yet to meet a feminist who hates men, as is often claimed.

I actually agree that in this country men and women are more or less equal. But to claim that men are more oppressed is just silly to me.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 22-01-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 04:20 PM #125
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The feminazis are the extreme movement. they have more rights than men in western society, theyve destroyed families and childhood too. they trying to shut down all free speech next and ignore the rife sexism against men in western society, because they are not a movement for equality they are a sexist vicious male hating out of date corrupt movement hell bent on female supremacy and male oppression
Nothing you say is based on logic or facts but it all comes from the deep seated need to feel oppressed. You are not oppressed for being a straight white man, you have never been oppressed in your life and you never will. Nothing you say will change that.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
london, march, marches, pathetic, police, sexist, stopped, women, world