Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 PM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Anti extablishment era?....Are you living in the UK currently :/

The tories can do no wrong atm, if they told the disabled they would have to drag themselves to the DSS naked for their benefits some would say 'well why do they need clothes anyway?'

Ok that was a bit far..But not much!

Last edited by Kizzy; 11-02-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:41 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I see it as him being very canny, he's stuck between a rock and a hard place atm... he needs to show he is behind the public decision or be lambasted by the press but by the same token some Labour strongholds were remain therefore he has to be seen to be looking out for them too..It's a balancing act that any Labour leader would face.
But at the minute they are alienating both sides: some remainers are annoyed that they're not being strong enough in their opposition to the Tories, some leavers will say they're not commited enough to Brexit. I understand it's difficult, but they need to find some sort of position and stick to it- then fight for it.

Currently, they just appear weak.
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:46 PM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream View Post
But at the minute they are alienating both sides: some remainers are annoyed that they're not being strong enough in their opposition to the Tories, some leavers will say they're not commited enough to Brexit. I understand it's difficult, but they need to find some sort of position and stick to it- then fight for it.

Currently, they just appear weak.
I disagree, the important constitutional decisions have now been made , due process has been followed( no thanks to the PM) and now begins the arduous task of trying to maintain the rights and protections we already have, I trust Corbyn to fight for those more than anyone.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:48 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Anti extablishment era?....Are you living in the UK currently :/

The tories can do no wrong atm, if they told the disabled they would have to drag themselves to the DSS naked for their benefits some would say 'well why do they need clothes anyway?'

Ok that was a bit far..But not much!
All the big votes the public have had a say in in the past 2-3 years have been anti establishment..thats why i voted out of eu or no to scottish independence..i would certainly have voted trump...sick of lies and self indulgent twats on all sides...the world needs shook up and hopefully the worlds population sits up and takes notice of how these skimming bastards are all in it for what is good for them during their however many years they have at running things....pissed off with it all.

****ing 60million spent trying to either prosecute or defend soldiers for war crimes for it all to be just disbanded at the flick of a switch..60 million..not the first time either..

You can be taken for a mug and listen and believe these crooked bastards but i wont..no.

I recieve money in cash for doing a good days graft..if you or anyone else wants to pay into a system that does **** all for you then fine you pay it and i will abuse it when i need it.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:55 PM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
All the big votes the public have had a say in in the past 2-3 years have been anti establishment..thats why i voted out of eu or no to scottish independence..i would certainly have voted trump...sick of lies and self indulgent twats on all sides...the world needs shook up and hopefully the worlds population sits up and takes notice of how these skimming bastards are all in it for what is good for them during their however many years they have at running things....pissed off with it all.

****ing 60million spent trying to either prosecute or defend soldiers for war crimes for it all to be just disbanded at the flick of a switch..60 million..not the first time either..

You can be taken for a mug and listen and believe these crooked bastards but i wont..no.

I recieve money in cash for doing a good days graft..if you or anyone else wants to pay into a system that does **** all for you then fine you pay it and i will abuse it when i need it.
If you can't beat them join them eh?..
Old 11-02-2017, 09:01 PM #31

Quote:
I disagree, the important constitutional decisions have now been made , due process has been followed( no thanks to the PM) and now begins the arduous task of trying to maintain the rights and protections we already have, I trust Corbyn to fight for those more than anyone.
The problem is, the party don't seem to agree on exactly what they want to fight for. For most positions the leadership have expressed, I could probably pull up evidence of MPs who have expressed a totally different position.

When the party doesn't know what hymn sheet they're singing from, how can I, as a voter, put my faith in them to form a government? And how can I trust Corbyn to fight on behalf of me when he tried to force his MPs to vote through a bill that contains no protections, no ammendments and no assurances?
Old 11-02-2017, 09:07 PM #32

Quote:
All the big votes the public have had a say in in the past 2-3 years have been anti establishment..
The Tories won a majority in 2015, Scotland voted 'No' in the independence referendum. (Hillary also won the popular vote, but unfortunately the american system isn't exactly democratic). I agree there is a rise (imo a worrying rise) in far right, anti-establishment populism, but I think that it is pretty much exclusively right-wing. Therefore it's the left in general, not just Jeremy Corbyn, which seems to be getting left behind.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:10 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If you can't beat them join them eh?..
Im skimming nothing..i get paid for my worth.

I get rid of my own rubbish, burn what can be burnt safely and give the rest away to a little african guy to sell to be recycled.

Pay my leccy water and gas.

Admittedly im fu ked for a pension but i rekon by that age i will be ready for suicide.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:12 PM #34
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream View Post
The problem is, the party don't seem to agree on exactly what they want to fight for. For most positions the leadership have expressed, I could probably pull up evidence of MPs who have expressed a totally different position.

When the party doesn't know what hymn sheet they're singing from, how can I, as a voter, put my faith in them to form a government? And how can I trust Corbyn to fight on behalf of me when he tried to force his MPs to vote through a bill that contains no protections, no ammendments and no assurances?
Well then you have to ask yourself whose ideology appeals to me more, old or new Labour, for me it's old.
The coup against him is ongoing, I wouldn't like to think that his detractors within the party would use something so important as a whipped vote to score points...but part of me feels that's what happened.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:15 PM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Im skimming nothing..i get paid for my worth.

I get rid of my own rubbish, burn what can be burnt safely and give the rest away to a little african guy to sell to be recycled.

Pay my leccy water and gas.

Admittedly im fu ked for a pension but i rekon by that age i will be ready for suicide.
Well..... This got real dark real fast :/

Um, could I refer you to the meditation section? it really does help in times of stress.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=316618

Last edited by Kizzy; 11-02-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well..... This got real dark real fast :/

Um, could I refer you to the meditation section? it really does help in times of stress.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=316618
Got a good few years left yet..i might decide to conform then so dont worry to much.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
approval, corbyn, demographic, jeremy, negative, net, rating, slides