Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 13-02-2017, 02:20 PM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
I'm thinking this too. I'm all for breastfeeding, but enough is enough and yes by that age he/she should be toilet trained.
"Enough is enough" why? It has nothing to do with you and doesn't affect you in any way?

And as for "should" be toilet trained, children toilet train at different rates and trying to force the issue is not healthy. The fact that a child is in nappies doesn't mean that toilet training isn't in progress, and it takes as long as it takes.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 02:24 PM #27
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Can't criticize there..I welcome advice on this tbh. My daughter is 4 and still not ****ing toilet trained. Where my son (2) is. My daughter just refuses to get it. She will sit and just piss or **** on the carpet/sofa/wherever she is and also doesn't even tell you that she is wet/dirty. Stressing me a lot as she starts proper school this year and I doubt they will take her because of this
All you can do is keep encouraging it, really. Is she otherwise developmentally on track in terms of starting school? If she is they literally can't refuse to educate in mainstream education her based on toilet training issues... They would have to make special provisions for her. Definitely in Scotland anyway. Though not sure if that's to do with GIRFEC... but still... I'd say it's highly unlikely that they'll be able to refuse your daughter state education.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:25 PM #28
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by T* View Post
This isn't news and this isn't something to be debated
Just let her do what she likes tbh
She is doing what she wants, members are saying what they think of what she is doing.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 02:27 PM #29
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
All you can do is keep encouraging it, really. Is she otherwise developmentally on track in terms of starting school? If she is they literally can't refuse to educate in mainstream education her based on toilet training issues... They would have to make special provisions for her. Definitely in Scotland anyway. Though not sure if that's to do with GIRFEC... but still... I'd say it's highly unlikely that they'll be able to refuse your daughter state education.
Speech delay..but besides that everythings fine. I haven't looked into it too much tbh I am just freaking myself out based on old info...when Gavins other son was late training the school apparently told his mother that they would not take him in nappies/pullups and would not 'stand for' accidents everyday either This was 5 years ago now mind
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 02:40 PM #30
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Can't criticize there..I welcome advice on this tbh. My daughter is 4 and still not ****ing toilet trained. Where my son (2) is. My daughter just refuses to get it. She will sit and just piss or **** on the carpet/sofa/wherever she is and also doesn't even tell you that she is wet/dirty. Stressing me a lot as she starts proper school this year and I doubt they will take her because of this
I think you should ring the school to establish their policy, depends on the school, does she attend nursery Vicky and if so what happens there, does she use the toilet, if she does then it's likely she is using it at home as an attention thing maybe or a bargaining chip lots of praise when she uses the potty, and try and resist comparing her to her younger brother no matter how tempting, also try not to react when she has an accident though I appreciate you might be at the end of your tether
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 02:45 PM #31
-

-

Quote:
Speech delay..but besides that everythings fine. I haven't looked into it too much tbh I am just freaking myself out based on old info...when Gavins other son was late training the school apparently told his mother that they would not take him in nappies/pullups and would not 'stand for' accidents everyday either This was 5 years ago now mind
I don't know, maybe it is different south of the border. I do remember dealing with my sister in laws high school (she lived with us for a couple of months in her final year) who had a very similar demeanor to that. Being confrontational / dictating terms,when she was already having issues at home, it was a nightmare.

Meanwhile up here they're basically jumping through hoops for us... My daughter is 4 but is autistic and has a developmental age of around 2.5 and is also highly inconsistent. She will use a potty one day like it's the most normal thing in the world, consistently all day... Then dance around the room wetting the rug the next. She'll come up to me and say "Pooey! New nappy!" one day and then literally the next day, smear **** up the wall without a word. But like I said she is 100% diagnosed ASD, mostly non-verbal and has a statement of educational needs in place which I think makes a big difference. The local council have to basically whatever is needed to ensure she can have some form of education.

Obviously your daughter has nowhere near that level of additional needs but with both the toileting and the speech delay I would personally say it's worth discussing with someone about getting a statement of educational needs for her? Basically just outlines what additional support she needs and if you have one then the school can't refuse it, as far as I'm aware.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-02-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:58 PM #32
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

You need diagnosis of a condition to get a statement or EHC as they are now called, unless the speech delay is associated with a disability or global delay, I wouldn't go down that route, it's likely Skye will adapt once she gets to school. A week is a long time in potty training and Skye has months to comply, the problem the school will have is that they would have to devote two members of staff to change her nappy from a safeguarding point of view, it's best to ring them once you have her place confirmed, as they might be able to advise, I'm sure it will resolve itself though Vicky
Old 13-02-2017, 03:18 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It's better now then than it was, you couldn't start school unless they were dry through the day, as said Vicky might be an idea to get a referral to occupational health, they will be able to give you loads of help and support with training so it doesn't totally freak her out
The doc might want to assess she is getting the sensation to go too, my nephew was having similar issues.

As for the pics, they're ok bit twee and girly but if it raises awareness of breastfeeding so what? It shows it's not all nipple shields and mastitis :/
There is nothing to say the little girl can't use a cup/toilet either is there?
Old 13-02-2017, 03:26 PM #34
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
It's better now then than it was, you couldn't start school unless they were dry through the day, as said Vicky might be an idea to get a referral to occupational health, they will be able to give you loads of help and support with training so it doesn't totally freak her out
The doc might want to assess she is getting the sensation to go too, my nephew was having similar issues.

As for the pics, they're ok bit twee and girly but if it raises awareness of breastfeeding so what? It shows it's not all nipple shields and mastitis :/

There's nothing to say she is either so that's a moot point. It does nothing to raise awareness for breastfeeding, its more off putting as the reality is a sink full of dirty dishes, tiredness, and leaky mammaries, no one is sitting in a gown with toddler on the side looking glamorous
Old 13-02-2017, 03:31 PM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
[/B]

There's nothing to say she is either so that's a moot point. It does nothing to raise awareness for breastfeeding, its more off putting as the reality is a sink full of dirty dishes, tiredness, and leaky mammaries, no one is sitting in a gown with toddler on the side looking glamorous
Then why presume she can't if there is no evidence?
It's not moot it's just projecting your negative view on the issue without all the facts.
If I were considering it I'd be more swayed by that than your raincloud of doom view Cherie
Old 13-02-2017, 03:47 PM #36
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I don't know, maybe it is different south of the border. I do remember dealing with my sister in laws high school (she lived with us for a couple of months in her final year) who had a very similar demeanor to that. Being confrontational / dictating terms,when she was already having issues at home, it was a nightmare.

Meanwhile up here they're basically jumping through hoops for us... My daughter is 4 but is autistic and has a developmental age of around 2.5 and is also highly inconsistent. She will use a potty one day like it's the most normal thing in the world, consistently all day... Then dance around the room wetting the rug the next. She'll come up to me and say "Pooey! New nappy!" one day and then literally the next day, smear **** up the wall without a word. But like I said she is 100% diagnosed ASD, mostly non-verbal and has a statement of educational needs in place which I think makes a big difference. The local council have to basically whatever is needed to ensure she can have some form of education.

Obviously your daughter has nowhere near that level of additional needs but with both the toileting and the speech delay I would personally say it's worth discussing with someone about getting a statement of educational needs for her? Basically just outlines what additional support she needs and if you have one then the school can't refuse it, as far as I'm aware.
I have been thinking for a while that she may have learning difficulties of some sort. Gavin does, and one of his other children does also..so its definitely a possibility. I mentioned this to the GP and was told they couldn't diagnose kids under 5? And that speech therapy should flag up any problems, however speech therapy reckon shes not that far behind with speech, just a bit off with pronunciation and reckon Autism and such is not their department at all so they don't know what the GP is on about Mind this is the same surgery who told us you cannot get an asthma diagnosis in kids under 7, then weeks later the hospital diagnosed...asthma.

Can't shift surgeries either due to area. So annoying :S
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 13-02-2017, 03:48 PM #37
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post

It was for me Along with endless breastpumps, a stupid amount of 'domperidone' tablets and breasts the size, and firmness of bowling balls. Not good. No wonder I gave up 3 weeks in really
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 13-02-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 13-02-2017, 03:55 PM #38
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
It was for me Along with endless breastpumps, a stupid amount of 'domperidone' tablets and breasts the size, and firmness of bowling balls. Not good. No wonder I gave up 3 weeks in really
Aw I was lucky I guess it was bad initially then settled down I think I managed 3 months though as expressing was a mare
Old 13-02-2017, 04:48 PM #39
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I have been thinking for a while that she may have learning difficulties of some sort. Gavin does, and one of his other children does also..so its definitely a possibility. I mentioned this to the GP and was told they couldn't diagnose kids under 5? And that speech therapy should flag up any problems, however speech therapy reckon shes not that far behind with speech, just a bit off with pronunciation and reckon Autism and such is not their department at all so they don't know what the GP is on about Mind this is the same surgery who told us you cannot get an asthma diagnosis in kids under 7, then weeks later the hospital diagnosed...asthma.

Can't shift surgeries either due to area. So annoying :S
Is she in nursery Vicky, if so you could ask that she be seen by an Educational psychologist, the nursery should be able to help with this? If not ring the school where she has a place and ask to speak to their SEN lead who should be able to get an assessment for you, it's in the schools interest to have an EHC in place for when she starts if there is a problem and it will take a while to sort out the assessment
Old 13-02-2017, 06:29 PM #40

Quote:
That's the trouble with kids. No two are alike, so what worked for one doesn't always work for another. Have you tried sitting her on the potty and reading her a story? This worked with my daughter, who didn't want to sit on the pot, but loved being told stories.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 06:35 PM #41

Quote:
"Enough is enough" why? It has nothing to do with you and doesn't affect you in any way?

And as for "should" be toilet trained, children toilet train at different rates and trying to force the issue is not healthy. The fact that a child is in nappies doesn't mean that toilet training isn't in progress, and it takes as long as it takes.
Stop jumping on me every time I offer an opinion. It is only my opinion and yes you are right, they are Tamara's tits and she's allowed to do with them what she likes.I can and will continue to have opinions about things and even though your dislike of me is obvious, back off.
Old 13-02-2017, 06:37 PM #42
0_o

0_o

Sorry for derailing the thread

Yes she goes at school apparently. The teacher says she loves going to the loo on the tiny toilets they have there and she does not have accidents there at all. Its only at home, and out (basically whenever I am there...) that she plays up. Sometimes she loves the potty. She gets praised for doing anything on it. Sometimes she prefers the loo where she declares that shes a 'big girl now' and is insanely happy that she has been to the toilet. But then it goes back randomly to peeing everywhere. Rather like a cat marking her territory

Edit. I wonder if we should get rid of the toilet and get one of the miniature ones schools have. Can just imagine my 6ft 3 partner trying to hit the loo
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 13-02-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 13-02-2017, 06:42 PM #43
-

-

Quote:
Stop jumping on me every time I offer an opinion. It is only my opinion and yes you are right, they are Tamara's tits and she's allowed to do with them what she likes.I can and will continue to have opinions about things and even though your dislike of me is obvious, back off.
You're on a debate and discussion forum?
Old 13-02-2017, 06:49 PM #44
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Sorry for derailing the thread

Yes she goes at school apparently. The teacher says she loves going to the loo on the tiny toilets they have there and she does not have accidents there at all. Its only at home, and out (basically whenever I am there...) that she plays up. Sometimes she loves the potty. She gets praised for doing anything on it. Sometimes she prefers the loo where she declares that shes a 'big girl now' and is insanely happy that she has been to the toilet. But then it goes back randomly to peeing everywhere. Rather like a cat marking her territory
Ah she's pulling your strings Vicky, might be a bit of sibling jealousy, she is probably conflicted in loving her little brother to pieces and resenting him for taking your time up, don't react when she has an accident, just dettox it silently..it will probably kill you but if you don't react she will soon realise its not getting her anywhere
Old 13-02-2017, 06:50 PM #45

Quote:
You're on a debate and discussion forum?
That's true and normally I like the parry and thrust of a reasoned argument and maybe I'm projecting here, but with you I get the feeling that if I said the sky is blue, you would argue that it wasn't.
Old 13-02-2017, 06:53 PM #46
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's true and normally I like the parry and thrust of a reasoned argument and maybe I'm projecting here, but with you I get the feeling that if I said the sky is blue, you would argue that it wasn't.
that's our TS...
Old 13-02-2017, 06:57 PM #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
that's our TS...
Oh so it's not just my imagination then Cherie
Old 13-02-2017, 06:57 PM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I'm thinking this too. I'm all for breastfeeding, but enough is enough and yes by that age he/she should be toilet trained.
Almost seems as though she is trying to keep he/she as a baby for her own selfish reasons. Could stunt the child's development if she isn't careful.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 06:59 PM #49
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I think you may be right.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-02-2017, 07:08 PM #50

Quote:
Omg I don't want kids.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
breastfeeds, ecclestone, gmbhd, itv, proudly, rutland, tamara, year