Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:38 PM #1
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Judy Parfitt: Call The Midwife star fears she will be dead before next series

Quote:
The 81-year-old hinted that tonight’s series finale could be her last appearance as Sister Monica Joan.

She is convinced ill health could force her to quit and refused to commit to future episodes. Judy told the Daily Star Sunday: “I’ve been very fortunate so far.

“As of this moment I may be a big age, but physically I don’t feel it. But that could change tomorrow.

“I don’t plan. Who knows…I might be dead by the time we film the next series.”

Filming of the next series will start within months. But Judy said: “I can’t say what my intentions will be. It depends on where you are when they ask you to do it, and the timing.”

Judy was ready to walk away from Call The Midwife after this year’s series. She admitted: “At the start of filming I said to our writer Heidi Thomas, ‘This will be the last series, won’t it?’

“But she told me that she has already got ideas for five or six more.” Call The Midwife is such a ratings smash BBC chiefs have already commissioned it for three more years.

Judy added: “It can only continue if the scripts continue as they are. It all stems from the writing.

“You can’t make bricks without straw. But it’s miraculous what Heidi does.”

Last year Pam Ferris left the show after five years of playing Sister Evangelina and Judy has missed working with her.

She said: “It was a huge loss when Pam went. Our characters had a love/hate relationship. They were like siblings really. So it was horrible to lose her.

“I missed her this series because she is more my age group, so we could moan about all the young people. We used to sit at the top of the table and say terrible things about them.

“But Pam wanted to stop. She has got her husband and loves her cooking and gardening.”

Tonight’s finale will see Barbara and Tom, played by Charlotte Ritchie and Jack Ashton, getting hitched. See it at 8pm on BBC One.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-t...re-next-series

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
call, dead, fears, judy, midwife, parfitt, series, star