Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB18 Big Brother 18 UK was shown on Channel 5 in June and July 2017, and was won by Isabelle with Raph second. Discuss the series here.

Old 15-09-2017, 04:29 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
I get it if people see him as a WOAT candidate (even though he's not) but Chanelle alone was just way worse. You also had a couple other bad ones in his own season so he's far from the worst.
Chanelle wasn't perfect but she didn't have some weird psycho-manipulative air about her where she leads some vulnerable girl on for her own gain whilst constantly "letting them down easy", nor did she ever demean someone for their appearance/how relevant of a human being they were. She was argumentative sure and could be a little out there but actual malice with her wasn't nearly as high as Lotan. There's a good reason she got a couple mini-warnings whereas he was removed swiftly.

Last edited by Epic.; 15-09-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 05:48 PM #52

In all fairness, had he lasted all the way to the final or at least penultimate week like he would've (considering it rapidly changed from vote to save to VTE once he was ejected for the rest of the series ) people calling him the worst would've probably been more unanimous since his sharp tongue and actions towards Isabelle would've just gotten more and more poisonous. The likes of Ellie and Charlotte would also show their true colors more, and Tom would continue to be following the wrong path. Although it would've made Isabelle's inevitable win even more righteous</3
Old 15-09-2017, 06:55 PM #53
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertC View Post
Chanelle wasn't perfect but she didn't have some weird psycho-manipulative air about her where she leads some vulnerable girl on for her own gain whilst constantly "letting them down easy", nor did she ever demean someone for their appearance/how relevant of a human being they were. She was argumentative sure and could be a little out there but actual malice with her wasn't nearly as high as Lotan. There's a good reason she got a couple mini-warnings whereas he was removed swiftly.
Quote:
No, Isabelle couldn't have a legit conversation with him because he constantly attacked her for her opinions, her looks, her relevance as a person, being a patronizing twat, etc. so she decided to take matters into her own hands and take him down at his own game. Using big words so you can win an argument doesn't automatically mean you're intelligent. It can also mean you're just a tool.

Also anyone who freaks out, flinging their drink, screaming and busting against diary room walls, leaving a diary room and having to be dragged back in, and threatening to "****ing destroy" Isabelle cameras or no cameras all simply over the "Role model to yer son though???" comment thrown at them is no true intellectual.
But she didn't 'take him down' at all She just hung onto Chanelle's crew (knowing that they were already popular, plus Kieran didn't want anything to do with her so she practically had nowhere else to go) in hope that it would benefit her and it did ironically.

Chanelle did more 'violent' things than Lotan ever did but remained in the house. It's called favouritism.

I'm also not saying I agree with everything Lotan did/said, but Isabelle was far more nasty to him than vice versa.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 06:57 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
But she didn't 'take him down' at all She just hung onto Chanelle's crew (knowing that they were already popular, plus Kieran didn't want anything to do with her so she practically had nowhere else to go) in hope that it would benefit her and it did ironically.

Chanelle did more 'violent' things than Lotan ever did but remained in the house. It's called favouritism.

I'm also not saying I agree with everything Lotan did/said, but Isabelle was far more nasty to him than vice versa.
And this is where I end taking this seriously. There's a reason the public ended up rooting for her after he proved what an utter tool he was. And she did take him down, he was fired from his job for being a sexist dickhead. And no I'd much rather someone call me a bad role model to my son than tell me I'm boring, my appearance looks weird, etc. or threaten to ****ing destroy me physically and mentally.
Old 15-09-2017, 07:03 PM #55
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And this is where I end taking this seriously. There's a reason the public ended up rooting for her after he proved what an utter tool he was. And she did take him down, he was fired from his job for being a sexist dickhead. And no I'd much rather someone call me a bad role model to my son than tell me I'm boring, my appearance looks weird, etc. or threaten to ****ing destroy me physically and mentally.
From that I can get that you definitely don't have kids then. That's knowingly the worst thing you can say to someone (it's also irrelevant).

What's new, the public rooting for a girl over a guy? Nope, happens every time because girls are able to come across as more vulnerable and the public fall for the sympathy vote.
Old 15-09-2017, 07:06 PM #56

Quote:
From that I can get that you definitely don't have kids then. That's knowingly the worst thing you can say to someone (it's also irrelevant).

What's new, the public rooting for a girl over a guy? Nope, happens every time because girls are able to come across as more vulnerable and the public fall for the sympathy vote.
That's not what ****ing happened and if anything in Big Brother UK culture it's usually the guy who gets cut some slack while the girl gets labelled woeful things like *****, slag, vile tramp, etc. Do you even watch this show?
Old 15-09-2017, 07:08 PM #57

I cannot fathom someone saying that Lotan "I Will ****ing DESTROY You, Physically AND Mentally!!" Carter is much more nicer and down to earth than Isabelle, I actually can't
Old 15-09-2017, 07:27 PM #58
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Isbaelle came for his family, saying something that she knew would get to him and cause him to react in a certain way. He lost his temper for a moment, so what? Her comment was blatantly more evil.
Old 15-09-2017, 07:32 PM #59

Quote:
Isbaelle came for his family, saying something that she knew would get to him and cause him to react in a certain way. He lost his temper for a moment, so what? Her comment was blatantly more evil.
Lotan came for her and her looks, saying things that he knew would get to her and cause her to react in a certain way. His comments were blatantly more evil than someone telling him for like two seconds how much of a **** role model he is
Old 15-09-2017, 09:43 PM #60
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Biased like the producers I think
Old 15-09-2017, 11:13 PM #61
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

I'd definitely say he's up there, arrogant and doesn't respect women.

He wasn't even a great housemate. Like he wasn't entertaining

Thanks to Littlegreen for my lovely sig
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 02:22 AM #62

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

This ''ooohhhh, but the nasty young girl brought his family into it'' crap is (in this specific situation) the excuse of someone with no valid excuse to throw out there...........and not true!

Quote:
Isbaelle came for his family
No she DIDN'T. If you can't work that out then you have no understanding of the English language. She commented about HIM and what she said was 100% irrefutably correct.

Chanelle did nothing or said nothing that came close to being ''more 'violent''' than Loutan!
Loutan is, was and always will be a massive TWAT.

Last edited by JTM45; 16-09-2017 at 02:29 AM.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 07:19 AM #63

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
I've never understood the "awful person but great housemate" argument. If I find someone totally abhorrent I can't bare to watch them, let alone admire how "entertaining" they are.
I can get that argument but not in Lotan's case. He was not a good housemate nor was he a good person. He did provide storylines and drama which was good for the show but HE was not a good housemate.

People like Nicola Mclean NicolE and Jemma Lucy are shitty people that make for great housemates in CBB19 and CBB20. They're horrible but not horrible enough that they're unbearable to watch. They were overall good housemates. Hope that makes sense.

Favs: Kim Woodburn | Chanelle |
Isabelle | Tiffany Pollard | Jenna Jameson | Brandi

Last edited by Pink Panther; 16-09-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Pink Panther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 07:25 AM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's not what ****ing happened and if anything in Big Brother UK culture it's usually the guy who gets cut some slack while the girl gets labelled woeful things like *****, slag, vile tramp, etc. Do you even watch this show?
EXACTLY. Obviously that poster is either trolling or are a recent BB viewer that doesn't know the history of how most of the gp root for the hot male at all costs....

Favs: Kim Woodburn | Chanelle |
Isabelle | Tiffany Pollard | Jenna Jameson | Brandi

Last edited by Pink Panther; 16-09-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Pink Panther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 10:27 AM #65
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
This ''ooohhhh, but the nasty young girl brought his family into it'' crap is (in this specific situation) the excuse of someone with no valid excuse to throw out there...........and not true!

No she DIDN'T. If you can't work that out then you have no understanding of the English language. She commented about HIM and what she said was 100% irrefutably correct.

Chanelle did nothing or said nothing that came close to being ''more 'violent''' than Loutan!
Loutan is, was and always will be a massive TWAT.
She brought his son into the situation which was nor will ever be relevant to their argument. It's disgusting behaviour and clearly said for a reaction aka baiting.

Lotan was talking to Chanelle in the bedroom and she got up and would have gone for him if her little crew had not held her back. She couldn't control herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
EXACTLY. Obviously that poster is either trolling or are a recent BB viewer that doesn't know the history of how most of the gp root for the hot male at all costs....
Neither of those things

For the record (it shouldn't have to be said but of course it does), Lotan is not my type.

Last edited by caprimint; 16-09-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 16-09-2017, 10:37 AM #66
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
She brought his son into the situation which was nor will ever be relevant to their argument. It's disgusting behaviour and clearly said for a reaction aka baiting.

Lotan was talking to Chanelle in the bedroom and she got up and would have gone for him if her little crew had not held her back. She couldn't control herself.
fook off

All she said was that Lotan was not being a good role model to his son, who will probably watch this sooner or later. I wouldn't want to have seen my dad antagonize people the way that piece of scum did. And Lotan was blatantly antagonizing Chanelle as well, and leaning over her so why should she not have got up? She didn't want him near her and he just kept going for it.
Old 16-09-2017, 10:49 AM #67
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyHollyoaks View Post
fook off

All she said was that Lotan was not being a good role model to his son, who will probably watch this sooner or later. I wouldn't want to have seen my dad antagonize people the way that piece of scum did. And Lotan was blatantly antagonizing Chanelle as well, and leaning over her so why should she not have got up? She didn't want him near her and he just kept going for it.
It's not her place to bring his son into it though, that's the point. It just has zero relevance to the show. You don't generally go into Big Brother to be a role model, she knows nothing about their father/son relationship so she shouldn't bother going there.

He can go where he wants, it wasn't as though he was in her personal space. She should have escaped the situation if she couldn't handle it or have acted maturely which I have never seen her do so it's not like that was gonna happen.
Old 16-09-2017, 12:15 PM #68

Quote:
"Yer out the door this weekend Isabelle! See ya!"

"Would the real Isabella please stand up?"

"Why am I vain? Why am I vain?"

"Are you looking in the mirror babe?? Did anyone give her vain??? "

You really think she goaded him for no reason?
Old 16-09-2017, 12:16 PM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
I can get that argument but not in Lotan's case. He was not a good housemate nor was he a good person. He did provide storylines and drama which was good for the show but HE was not a good housemate.

People like Nicola Mclean NicolE and Jemma Lucy are shitty people that make for great housemates in CBB19 and CBB20. They're horrible but not horrible enough that they're unbearable to watch. They were overall good housemates. Hope that makes sense.
Old 16-09-2017, 02:42 PM #70
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"Yer out the door this weekend Isabelle! See ya!"

"Would the real Isabella please stand up?"

"Why am I vain? Why am I vain?"

"Are you looking in the mirror babe?? Did anyone give her vain??? "

You really think she goaded him for no reason?
That's fine, I'm saying that it's what she said that crossed the line.
Old 16-09-2017, 02:43 PM #71

Quote:
That's fine, I'm saying that it's what she said that crossed the line.
I'll reiterate for the final time. He was vile to her so she has the right to be vile back

(even though i never thought the role model to yer son comment was that bad)

Last edited by Epic.; 16-09-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 16-09-2017, 02:46 PM #72
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
It's not her place to bring his son into it though, that's the point. It just has zero relevance to the show. You don't generally go into Big Brother to be a role model, she knows nothing about their father/son relationship so she shouldn't bother going there.

He can go where he wants, it wasn't as though he was in her personal space. She should have escaped the situation if she couldn't handle it or have acted maturely which I have never seen her do so it's not like that was gonna happen.
He talked about his son all the time tho?

And he was trying to get in her personal space but was being held back.
Old 16-09-2017, 07:53 PM #73
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Yup. Up there with the likes of BB9's Derek.
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 08:55 PM #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja$e View Post
Yup. Up there with the likes of BB9's Derek.
Who's BB9 Derek?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
housemate, lotan, worst