Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:36 PM #51
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Andrea's death was basically a goodbye **** you from the Showeunner at the time. The character was so annoying though that I don't really care.
She was one of my favourite characters up until Season 3, they totally ruined her in that one

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 09-10-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:46 PM #52

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
FTWD has deservedly weak ratings so it will probably be a character from TWD appearing in that in an attempt to gain more interest in the show. Probably end up just being someone pretty minor though.
If this is the case, I could really see Morales popping up, although I dont think the general audience cares enough about him/even know who he is? So maybe we could see a bigger character (with plenty of characters' backstories a mystery, it really could be anyone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
The actress said she was told she was going to be in it for at least 8 seasons
oh wow she got sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Great minds etc
indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Yes well I think we can more or less blame the actress for the huge shift for that character tbh... Andrea is meant to be a really big main character, and was clearly originally intended to follow the comics version, but unfortunately... the portrayal of Andrea in the show was really, really ****ing irritating and she pretty much had to go. . With another actress portraying a more likable character, she would probably still be in it...
I don't see how that's Laurie Holden's fault tbh, Andrea was written a different way to how she is in the comics, even before she took a complete detour by going off on her own to Woodbury. It's just a shame that they knew Andrea was the group's marksman, and she made her one of the worst shots.... without even developing her aim and skills

That being said, I'm pretty content with the Atlanta Four we have left (although Glenn should be alive instead of beaten dead horse Daryl... Glenn served more purpose last season than Daryl did ffs stop keeping him alive for fan service)
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 PM #53
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
ffs stop keeping him alive for fan service

Sums up Daryl's place in the show perfectly.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:11 AM #54
-

-

It does but, allegedly, it's believed that his fan power is so great that killing him off could actually drop viewership to the extent that they'd be at risk of cancellation. So it's just not going to happen... Not until Reedus' contract is up and he doesn't want to renew. Even then I think they'd give him a soft exit to keep the possibility of a return open (which would upset stans less).
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:37 AM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It does but, allegedly, it's believed that his fan power is so great that killing him off could actually drop viewership to the extent that they'd be at risk of cancellation. So it's just not going to happen... Not until Reedus' contract is up and he doesn't want to renew. Even then I think they'd give him a soft exit to keep the possibility of a return open (which would upset stans less).
But what do his fans actually like about him? I'm generally curious, I just don't see how people can like post season 3 Daryl and I never see any good arguments for why he's still relevant to the story.

Glenn's way better and had so much more potential with his story, especially when we were promised a 'dark Glenn', which I could only imagine is him killing people unwillingly and visibly uncomfortable with the situation. ALSO Glenn's death in the comics had more meaning with him being the one to "take one for the team" and him being the pure innocence and voice of reason which was tainted by Glenn making his first kill and that never being shown to affect him again. Also why the **** was 90% of Glenn's screentime in 6B just foreshadowing his death? He was obviously going to die and there was no reward in the prediction and despite how predictable it was it was STILL just put in for shock factor. AND it took away from Abraham's brutal yet underplayed death. I think Steven wanted Glenn's comic death anyway but it's still annoying that they knew he would be killed off for over a season and did NOTHING with his character. they literally wrote him out for 4 episodes AGAIN for shock factor. They ****ed Glenn up bad man while Daryl just gets loved for breathing smh less popular and quite a fair number of people quit because of his death, so god knows how ratings will change when Daryl's gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post

Sums up Daryl's place in the show perfectly.
He was great in the first 3 seasons but come season 4 what did he actually do? Nothing note-worthy in 4A, and 4B was just building up to Beth's "death" (I'm #teamdefiance) and trying to make us feel for Daryl (it didn't even develop his character) and it completely overshadowed Maggie losing the only 'family' she had left (I'm not counting Glenn, and I was kinda pissed off Maggie didn't even actively look for Beth and only asked about her once in 5A).
Then the same happened with Denise (still a bull**** death made 100x worse by turning it into a Daryl issue which indirectly caused Michonne, Glenn and Rosita captured) and then half the time we saw any mourning for Glenn, it was Daryl feeling ****ty for trying to take down Negan... like okay, we get it, he's a broken soul in an apocalypse!! who ****ing isn't
Old 10-10-2017, 06:09 AM #56
nope

nope

Quote:
I'm pretty content with the Atlanta Four we have left (although Glenn should be alive instead of beaten dead horse Daryl... Glenn served more purpose last season than Daryl did ffs stop keeping him alive for fan service)

Andrea was my favourite female character and they messed it up.
I hated what they did to her in S3, I was looking forward to her story

They told the actress she was there until s8 at least and then killed her off
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 AM #57
-

-

Quote:
But what do his fans actually like about him? I'm generally curious, I just don't see how people can like post season 3 Daryl and I never see any good arguments for why he's still relevant to the story.

Glenn's way better and had so much more potential with his story, especially when we were promised a 'dark Glenn', which I could only imagine is him killing people unwillingly and visibly uncomfortable with the situation. ALSO Glenn's death in the comics had more meaning with him being the one to "take one for the team" and him being the pure innocence and voice of reason which was tainted by Glenn making his first kill and that never being shown to affect him again. Also why the **** was 90% of Glenn's screentime in 6B just foreshadowing his death? He was obviously going to die and there was no reward in the prediction and despite how predictable it was it was STILL just put in for shock factor. AND it took away from Abraham's brutal yet underplayed death. I think Steven wanted Glenn's comic death anyway but it's still annoying that they knew he would be killed off for over a season and did NOTHING with his character. they literally wrote him out for 4 episodes AGAIN for shock factor. They ****ed Glenn up bad man while Daryl just gets loved for breathing smh less popular and quite a fair number of people quit because of his death, so god knows how ratings will change when Daryl's gone

He was great in the first 3 seasons but come season 4 what did he actually do? Nothing note-worthy in 4A, and 4B was just building up to Beth's "death" (I'm #teamdefiance) and trying to make us feel for Daryl (it didn't even develop his character) and it completely overshadowed Maggie losing the only 'family' she had left (I'm not counting Glenn, and I was kinda pissed off Maggie didn't even actively look for Beth and only asked about her once in 5A).
Then the same happened with Denise (still a bull**** death made 100x worse by turning it into a Daryl issue which indirectly caused Michonne, Glenn and Rosita captured) and then half the time we saw any mourning for Glenn, it was Daryl feeling ****ty for trying to take down Negan... like okay, we get it, he's a broken soul in an apocalypse!! who ****ing isn't
The thing is though, many fans don't judge their favourites season to season, so basically if they liked him in S1-S3 they're unlikely to stop just because his storyline has dried up. He was an interesting character initially... A pariah in the real world who found his place in the apocalypse... But that arc completed years ago and for several seasons he's more or less been "muscle" - one of their top zombie slayers and not much else character wise. That said, they sort of do need these "zombie ninja" characters to progress the threats like they have (I.e. Walkers are no longer a major threat, they consider them pests more than anything).

You also have a bit of "Chloe Sullivan syndrome" going on with Daryl which means the writers favor him a bit. Basically, like Daryl, Chloe was an original character created by the shows writers and placed in a world full of characters established in the source material. So, even when she got really (REALLY) irritating, they still massively over-used her and found ways to work her into the bones of every season, right until the end. Because that character was "theirs", not DC comics. Daryl IMO gets similar from the TWD guys, because he's not a Kirkman character.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:10 PM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The thing is though, many fans don't judge their favourites season to season, so basically if they liked him in S1-S3 they're unlikely to stop just because his storyline has dried up. He was an interesting character initially... A pariah in the real world who found his place in the apocalypse... But that arc completed years ago and for several seasons he's more or less been "muscle" - one of their top zombie slayers and not much else character wise. That said, they sort of do need these "zombie ninja" characters to progress the threats like they have (I.e. Walkers are no longer a major threat, they consider them pests more than anything).

You also have a bit of "Chloe Sullivan syndrome" going on with Daryl which means the writers favor him a bit. Basically, like Daryl, Chloe was an original character created by the shows writers and placed in a world full of characters established in the source material. So, even when she got really (REALLY) irritating, they still massively over-used her and found ways to work her into the bones of every season, right until the end. Because that character was "theirs", not DC comics. Daryl IMO gets similar from the TWD guys, because he's not a Kirkman character.
Good point, I just found it difficult understanding since Daryl has went from one of my favourites to being probably my least favourite character in TWD (besides maybe Gregory, but we're meant to hate him), and I assumed people would just follow the logic of "they've not utilised his character, so why should we support him over characters getting real story and development?" I think the Alexandrians proven that they are more than capable of being 'zombie ninjas' after No Way Out though, which I thought would be enough reason to finish off Daryl (especially since, as you said, he's just become the group's top zombie slayer).

Great analogy, actually. Best way I've seen Daryl described

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie. View Post

Andrea was my favourite female character and they messed it up.
I hated what they did to her in S3, I was looking forward to her story

They told the actress she was there until s8 at least and then killed her off
I'll never get why they ****ed her over? I found this quote from Kirkman:
Quote:
Aside from reaffirming the unsafe nature of the show, it's a bleak show and the message we're trying to send is Andrea would go to any length to save those people and she ended up sacrificing her life for them.
I'll never understand what great 'sacrifice' she tried to make and it's a tad annoying when most of the Survivor's deaths have been 'sacrifices' for the greater good of the group (see T-Dog, they tried to make Abraham's death a 'sacrifice', Merle's (who literally sacrifices himself for the group a few episodes before she died... what was the point in repeating that trope?!), Sasha's), fair enough she was one of the early victims of a repetitive trope, but she was the 3rd character that season to die 'sacrificing herself' for the group... and it wasn't much of a sacrifice or meaningful death?

That said, I do prefer Michonne with Rick (and Michonne in general, but Michonne could've easily ended up with Rick over Andrea anyway if that was their plan) and I appreciate that Michonne's branching out and building up her sniper skills, so it's nice her character wasn't too wasted? That said, I'm just so confused as to why they killed her off if they had big plans for her to go far, because her reason for dying was bull****
Old 15-10-2017, 07:58 AM #59
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Watched just about 3 seasons of this. And an episode here and there.

Why is Niamh on the ban list?
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 07:55 AM #60
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

I am so ready for this first episode tonight

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 08:24 AM #61
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Loved last night's episode, but i think
Spoiler:

letting Negan live has been a stupid mistake from Rick and his group, and Negan will want revenge now i can see Father Gabriel being first death of the season now, and he'll have his junkyard squad also killing a few of rick's group

also liked the remembrance of 2 behind the scenes workers who had died, very emotional at the end of the ep, with the end titles

Old 24-10-2017, 08:31 AM #62
You know my methods

You know my methods

I had to watch this and the Talking Dead last night

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 08:33 AM #63
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I had to watch this and the Talking Dead last night

i really hate the Michonne and Rick love scenes she's so much better than being with him

Old 24-10-2017, 09:36 AM #64
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

First Episode :

Spoiler:

It was ok, there was some action which was good but the going forwards and backwards and present got annoying. And what was that future stuff with Rick about, it was odd, it only really serves some purpose if Rick, Michonne or Judith dies soon which is possible, hopefully it won't be Michonne though

Also, I was screaming at the TV both when Negan first came outside -Seriously why didn't they take a shot then instead having a chat??? and also, Gabriel was holding a gun why didn't he shoot negan when he got in that container with him? I mean I know he's a man of god and all but come oooooon

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 24-10-2017, 01:42 PM #65
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
First Episode :

Spoiler:

It was ok, there was some action which was good but the going forwards and backwards and present got annoying. And what was that future stuff with Rick about, it was odd, it only really serves some purpose if Rick, Michonne or Judith dies soon which is possible, hopefully it won't be Michonne though

Also, I was screaming at the TV both when Negan first came outside -Seriously why didn't they take a shot then instead having a chat??? and also, Gabriel was holding a gun why didn't he shoot negan when he got in that container with him? I mean I know he's a man of god and all but come oooooon
Spoiler:

I would guess he'll point the gun at Negan but Negan will spin a yarn about how they'll have to work together to get out of their situation, something like that. I also thought the jumping backwards and forwards was a bit all over the place... I understand what they were going for but I don't think it was very well executed. Also, cutting to teary Rick is clearly trying to foreshadow some death or other, but I'm very skeptical that they would kill off Michone or Carl and after changing from the comics lore to save Judith at the end of the prison, and the big "car seat cliffhanger" back then, it would be a bit hollow to just kill her off now.

I'm also totally baffled by the fact that in the flash forwards... Based on Judith's age it's maybe 5 or 6 years later, Michone doesn't really look any older, but Rick has aged at least 15 years?
Old 24-10-2017, 01:53 PM #66
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

I would guess he'll point the gun at Negan but Negan will spin a yarn about how they'll have to work together to get out of their situation, something like that. I also thought the jumping backwards and forwards was a bit all over the place... I understand what they were going for but I don't think it was very well executed. Also, cutting to teary Rick is clearly trying to foreshadow some death or other, but I'm very skeptical that they would kill off Michone or Carl and after changing from the comics lore to save Judith at the end of the prison, and the big "car seat cliffhanger" back then, it would be a bit hollow to just kill her off now.

I'm also totally baffled by the fact that in the flash forwards... Based on Judith's age it's maybe 5 or 6 years later, Michone doesn't really look any older, but Rick has aged at least 15 years?
Spoiler:

yes i also think Michonne might die, her dying i would find sad, but Carl being killed i wouldn't mind tbh, he adds nothing to the show

i'm curious what the junkyard clan are up to, probably Negan's soldiers to now make an attack at Rick's group, and i have seen on TWD wikia, a few episodes later, Saviors have some new weaponry which is pretty dangerous and gonna cause for trouble against Rick's group

i think season 8 might now first them dealing with the junkyard, and season 9 a sort of final battle prep against the saviors

Old 24-10-2017, 01:54 PM #67
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But why do they let him talk ffs it's so annoying, jesus, he bashed Glen and Abrahams head in with a barbed wired base ball bat, shoot the ****er god damn it

I didn't read the comics or any of the spoilers from them so i didn't know they'd already saved Judith when she died originally? Wouldn't it therefore make sense that it would be her that dies then? It's definitely either her or Michonne and tbf Judith is a pretty pointless character anyway.

I too was confused about grandpa Rick lol

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 24-10-2017, 02:01 PM #68
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

I thought the episode was pretty weak for an opener. The action wasn't that great apart from Daryl shooting the containers on his bike.

Negan is still just annoying to me rather than menacing too
Old 24-10-2017, 02:02 PM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Episode 1:
Spoiler:

Really sad to see Rosita stay behind. I know Serratos was pregnant, but I'm still sat that she isn't fighting after she's proven more than capable. I hope we do get to see more of her and that she doesn't die this season/any time soon because I've always enjoyed her and the development she got last season was great.

Tara <3 I'm probably in the minority but I love her. There's something about her that's so endearing and I hope she and Rosita hook up she also lives to the end of All Out War.

Oh wow Eric screentime! Yeah he's definitely getting killed off soon

Also I probably missed something and I know walkers were flooding the Sanctuary... but why didn't Rick just run to where Negan was hiding and just shoot him? And why did no one just surprise Negan by shooting him dead? I know it wouldn't fit the narrative and "Rick wanted to take the shot" but Negan could've easily been shot at multiple times

Loved the parallels between 7x01 and 1x01 in this episode.

Also, how big is Judith now?!?! I'm not talking about the flashbacks, i'm talking about how she looked like, one year old a few episodes ago and now she looks three years old? In what, the space of a week or two?

I really hope we see Oceanside again... hopefully with Alex from FTWD washed upon their shores

Also, I'm becoming more and more adamant Beth will be back this season... I know she was shot in the head but I'm Team Delusional/Defiance all the way

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

the excuse was "black doesn't crack"
Old 24-10-2017, 02:05 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I thought the episode was pretty weak for an opener. The action wasn't that great apart from Daryl shooting the containers on his bike.

Negan is still just annoying to me rather than menacing too
The uncensored Negan in the season 6 finale is quite terrifying. I didn't realise how much the 'f-bomb' made the difference. ( -flashbacks to when they changed "they're ****ing with the wrong people" to "they're screwing with the wrong people!!"- )
Now he just seems more like a guy who's meant to be funny but he's just... not?
Old 24-10-2017, 02:18 PM #71
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Lilbro you literally stan the same characters I do haha
Old 24-10-2017, 03:15 PM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Lilbro you literally stan the same characters I do haha
Great minds think alike

I always feel alone when I say I stan Tara She always seemed like the most inoffensive and one of the nicest (if not the nicest with Glenn and Heath gone, and excluding Gabriel) while also being entertaining

I think I have a bad case of TiBB syndrome, it feels like most of my faves of TWD have been females... I adored Daryl until season 4, and I loved Abraham and Glenn but look how that turned out
Old 24-10-2017, 03:18 PM #73
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

TiBB syndrome Lilbro

Old 24-10-2017, 03:22 PM #74
-

-

"Y'all got to realise sumthin'... Negan... He ain't just some regular character... He's like meee or Coooral or Daaayryl. He's got the plot armour." - Rick, S08E01
Old 24-10-2017, 03:25 PM #75
-

-

... By which I mean, if they continue to follow the graphic novels, Negan himself still has a role to play in future storylines even after the Saviours are dead and buried.

Then again they could do it better than they do, like have him actually keep himself out of harms way for the mostpart (he could have shouted / spoken to them from behind a barricade, just like they were, would actually have been quite effective imagery) instead of him constantly being in situations where someone could clearly stab / shoot / whack him with something but just... Don't do it...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
22, banned, club, dead, discusssion, ezekiel, fan, fanclub, king, list, niamh, oct, season, thread, trailer, walking