Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

View Poll Results: Thoughts, thots?
Yes LJ, as usual you are right 13 59.09%
Yes LJ, as usual you are right
13 59.09%
I don't like this season but others are worse 4 18.18%
I don't like this season but others are worse
4 18.18%
I think it's not a bad season and I probably think the Earth is flat too 2 9.09%
I think it's not a bad season and I probably think the Earth is flat too
2 9.09%
What are you talking about LJ? ! This season is DANK *dabs* 3 13.64%
What are you talking about LJ? ! This season is DANK *dabs*
3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-08-2017, 09:45 PM #51
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

It's true

Old 14-08-2017, 09:53 PM #52
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Yep - at least BB15 had Elissa, Canduce, Helen, Jessie and Howard, and BB16 had Donny, Pao Pao, Jocasta, Brittney.

BB18 literally only has Dominique as an unproblematic, likeable individual, everyone has been trash in one way or another
Old 14-08-2017, 09:53 PM #53

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Favourites (more):
Survivor 37: Jessica
BBUSA20: Haleigh

The better question is why did we get stuck with ****ing James last season instead of Liz.
AarynGriesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 09:57 PM #54
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Survivor 40: Michele
hot tamale

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele

Helen was trash and shaped BB15 up to be awful.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dominic; 14-08-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Dominic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 10:27 PM #55
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

18 is way worse than this season, nothing happened, it was dominated by Paulie (yes bring on the Paul comparisons xx) and only his downfall was entertaining, there was little drama (more happened at the ****ing jury house) and it ended with one of - dare I say the - worst winner(s) of all time. The only thing it had going for it was Da'Vonne and Paul

At least this season had a load of messy drama at the beginning and some semblance of a divide, I understand why people think it's stagnated and everyone's tolerance threshold is different but the pre-jury alone wiped the floor with last season
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:26 AM #56
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

^ BB18 had Da'Vonne, Big Meech, Bridgette, Bronte, Jozea, Natalie etc so at least it had entertaining individual characters

Dominique is literally the only one from this season who hasn't done anything problematic at all (and Cameron but we never saw him on feeds)/ Jessica was fun to root for but even she wasn't perfect. Everyone else is literal trash.

Last edited by Headie; 15-08-2017 at 12:26 AM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:44 AM #57
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
^ BB18 had Da'Vonne, Big Meech, Bridgette, Bronte, Jozea, Natalie etc so at least it had entertaining individual characters

Dominique is literally the only one from this season who hasn't done anything problematic at all (and Cameron but we never saw him on feeds)/ Jessica was fun to root for but even she wasn't perfect. Everyone else is literal trash.
Bridgette, Natalie and Bronte were perfectly likeable but not entertaining or memorable, Meech and Jozea were but hardly set the season on fire for the two weeks they delivered each

I do wish Cameron had won the BattleBack (and actually maybe the dynamics would've changed had Cody not returned) but far more has happened this season than did last, sure it'd be nice to actually like some houseguests as people but give me a season like this with drama and uncomfortable scenes over one where nothing happens and there's like two good DR characters. I liken this season to a social experiment in a cesspool, I know you don't agree with my BB15 comparison but I was invested in that for largely the same reason and this is the same
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:52 AM #58
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I mean I sometimes buy into the "Big Brother is a microcosm for the world we live in" stuff but at least half of the current HGs are just house fixtures at this point. Like, the social experiment is just watching Paul spend three weeks aggressively moving his chess pieces more often than necessary and everyone else just being complicit.
Old 15-08-2017, 01:11 AM #59
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Not Jessica getting a "even she wasn't perfect but everyone else is literal trash" when Jessica has been one of the worst in terms of being problematic. If you're going to base them on moralistic standards, Jessica should be close to the bottom where Cody is firmly at on this season. Jessica on her final week alone: fat shaming, stupid shaming (), being just as catty / more catty than the people who are hated on this season for being that.

Why does everyone say this cast is so vile anyway? Not many people on this cast have really been bad at all. The few who have are actually the few who are liked the most this season lol (and hopefully both about to be gone), so surely that's not actually the problem for the cast? What have people like Matt/Raven/Mark/Elena/Kevin/Alex/Christmas done wrong from a moral point of view? Even Josh hasn't said many hateful things at all, he just actively annoys people. Jason has said a few ignorant things but is ditzy and isn't mean spirited. Paul had the whole blackface thing that was blown out of proportion and potentially completely misunderstood. There really isn't much to say negatively about these people aside from a few incidents.

I'm not sure why the cast isn't liked aside from most of them being close with Paul (which I guess for those who don't like Paul it can be annoying but meh). It's a solid, entertaining cast that's bringing drama week after week and really isn't a cast full of scum as advertised.
Old 15-08-2017, 01:16 AM #60
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Like, the social experiment is just watching Paul spend three weeks aggressively moving his chess pieces more often than necessary and everyone else just being complicit.
I kinda get this though. I personally don't mind it as I enjoy watching a player take control of the game in their own way (Dan, Derrick, Dr. Will, Vanessa, Paul) whether I like the character or not... and if those 5 examples are any indication, I typically actually like the seasons where a player dominates.
Old 15-08-2017, 01:20 AM #61
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Not Jessica getting a "even she wasn't perfect but everyone else is literal trash" when Jessica has been one of the worst in terms of being problematic. If you're going to base them on moralistic standards, Jessica should be close to the bottom where Cody is firmly at on this season. Jessica on her final week alone: fat shaming, stupid shaming (), being just as catty / more catty than the people who are hated on this season for being that.

Why does everyone say this cast is so vile anyway? Not many people on this cast have really been bad at all. The few who have are actually the few who are liked the most this season lol (and hopefully both about to be gone), so surely that's not actually the problem for the cast? What have people like Matt/Raven/Mark/Elena/Kevin/Alex/Christmas done wrong from a moral point of view? Even Josh hasn't said many hateful things at all, he just actively annoys people. Jason has said a few ignorant things but is ditzy and isn't mean spirited. Paul had the whole blackface thing that was blown out of proportion and potentially completely misunderstood. There really isn't much to say negatively about these people aside from a few incidents.

I'm not sure why the cast isn't liked aside from most of them being close with Paul (which I guess for those who don't like Paul it can be annoying but meh). It's a solid, entertaining cast that's bringing drama week after week and really isn't a cast full of scum as advertised.
Troy will have his essay delivered to you in due course!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 01:34 AM #62
Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

Victim Noises

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Kaela
CBB20: Chad Johnson

What the hell is "stupid shaming"

I do acknowledge she is catty/petty but then some of my BB faves are

Spoiler:

Last edited by EspeonBB; 15-08-2017 at 01:36 AM.
EspeonBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 01:37 AM #63
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post

I've already said Jessica was problematic and the only unproblematic people were Dominique and Cameron

Jess (and to a lesser extent Cody) were only rooted for out of conventionality and the fact they're the only ones not being followers, but they're still awful people in an awful season

EDIT: In fact I take that back, I don't think Jess is as awful as you make out. She was problematic but compared to everyone else she's an angel

Last edited by Headie; 15-08-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 01:46 AM #64
-

-

I don't even think Jess is that problematic tbh? At worst, she's just petty and bitchy but then again who wouldn't be when you're stuck in a house with people that hate you and are actively goading you for their own amusement.

Also, you don't have to be problematic to be unlikable.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 01:50 AM #65
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
EDIT: In fact I take that back, I don't think Jess is as awful as you make out. She was problematic but compared to everyone else she's an angel
I was thinking fair enough until the edit... mainly the "compared to everyone else"

Which houseguests have done worse then: fat shame, humiliate, constantly call someone stupid and belittle them, and been the right hand man (woman) to a transphobe (/generally nasty & mean person) constantly involved with their comments? Not that the last part is that bad on her but it says something.

At worst it's not many of them..
Old 15-08-2017, 01:58 AM #66
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason. View Post
Also, you don't have to be problematic to be unlikable.
Yeah I agree there. In fact being problematic =/= being unlikable either IMO. I'm just saying since many people keep saying how "problematic" this cast is where are the actual instances outside of the main problematic ones actually being Jody?

Me waiting for the receipts

Last edited by JerseyWins; 15-08-2017 at 01:58 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 02:32 AM #67
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Troy will have his essay delivered to you in due course!
Ugh do I even need to? I feel like I've spent all summer cataloging Raven's histrionic personality disorder coupled with Munchausen's by proxy, Paul's Napoleon complex and strategy to incite the house to bully the pariah of the week, Josh pathetically getting used and abuse by the Jury Herd and not being able to take nearly half of what he dishes out, Christmas being a completely miserable bitch who marries condescension with hypocrisy, and people like Alex and Matt and now Jason HAPPILY being pawns and getting off to all of the bull**** that's going on. Like, if you've made it this far through Paul justifying his bullying as Strategy and Gameplay and everything that happened after the POV Meeting two weeks ago and anything that Raven has ever said or done, me recapping it isn't going to change anyone's minds. It's all been recapped for nearly two months now.
Old 15-08-2017, 04:33 AM #68

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Dominique's constant religious spoutings got right up my ****ing nose!!! ''The Lord'' this ''God'' that ''Jesus'' the other ...............blah, blah, awful blah.

I also think i'd much rather have seen Cameron given the return chance than Cody be given a second chance to waste just to fit in with the Jess/Cody snoozefest storyline ! I felt for Cam, especially considering how much of a BB fan he is and how much he really wanted to play the game.

Last year, although far from a classic, at least had things happening for most of the Season whereas this one was just like it was on Pause for a month +. Dreadful Season.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 06:15 AM #69
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

For me yes it is, last season was terrible, but at least I would watch some of the episodes and read the live updates...... this season I am not even bothering to read the updates on a daily basis. I basically just check wikepedia every week to see who won HOH/POV/Evicted

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:13 PM #70
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
I also think i'd much rather have seen Cameron given the return chance than Cody be given a second chance to waste just to fit in with the Jess/Cody snoozefest storyline ! I felt for Cam, especially considering how much of a BB fan he is and how much he really wanted to play the game.
Yeah one of the few downsides to this season from a storyline point of view was Cody returning to make it Jody vs. the house again. And people were happy/satisfied to see that.

A Cameron return could've been interesting (or funny).

However, I'm not complaining about how the results have gone.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 15-08-2017 at 12:14 PM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 12:22 PM #71
-

-

Cameron would've aligned with Paul and one DR screamer is enough. He can stay an irrelevant Day 1 boot!
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 05:35 PM #72
Nah

Nah

Cameron would have added nothing and wouldn't have had the balls to stand up to Paul and ally with Jody.

Still not the worst season for me. If Paul wins it would be logical yet depressing. But at this point, he's the only one deserving because at least he's doing something and controls other people. I don't think we've experienced such massive mind control on so many houseguests? Even Dan didn't run this much people in both season he was in.

And whether he wins or not, Nicole still deserved to win last year so he still will be a second hand winner. So bye.
Old 17-08-2017, 01:12 AM #73

The problem with this season is that there are no players in there, they just do what Paul tells them to do, so it's hard to pick anyone as being even slightly worthy to win. It should cement Paul as one of the greats though, as nobody has ever dominated a season like he has this year.
Old 17-08-2017, 01:16 AM #74
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Paul win's would just have a huge asterisk next to it for all the assistance he got along the way from Grodner.
Old 17-08-2017, 01:18 AM #75
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Paul hasn't gotten too much assistance. He almost definitely would've survived that first week anyway. The rest is all him playing a masterful game.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, season, worst