Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB20 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2017 [CBB 20] was was won by Sarah Harding. Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 26-08-2017, 05:23 AM #1
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Default Underrated series?

I don't get the disdain some people have for this series

I actually thoroughly enjoyed it, it had a good mix of drama, romance, and fun. Sarah, Paul, Jemma, Chad, and Brandi carried the show but they made it brilliant.

For me it ranks in my Top 6 of C5 CBB along with CBB13, CBB17, CBB9, CBB16, and CBB19.

Last edited by iRyan; 26-08-2017 at 05:24 AM.
iRyan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 06:42 AM #2

It's the mood of the times, collective insanity is gripping the world these days and all institutions are under attack. I looked at the comments section under a CBB post in the Daily Express yesterday and it was wall to wall BB hate from mainly mindless brainwashed trolls who have probably never even watched BB.

The BB concept, of free, uncensored, live speech sealed it's doom well over a decade ago. I know there's not much free speech or live feed in the show anymore, but just the suggestion of such a revolutionary programme fills our controllers, including TV execs, with fear.

Last edited by johne; 26-08-2017 at 07:33 AM.
johne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 07:12 AM #3
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne View Post
It's the mood of the times, collective insanity is gripping the world these days and all institutions are under attack. I looked at the comments section under a CBB post in the Daily Express yesterday and it was wall to wall BB hate from mainly mindless brainwashed trolls who have probably never even watched BB.

The BB concept, of free, uncensored, live speech sealed it's doom well over a decade ago. I know there's not much free speech or live feed anymore, but just the suggestion of such a revolutionary programme fills our controllers, including TV execs, with fear.
I think you have a point johne, although BB is not as unfiltered as it used to be, it still stands out amongst other reality shows for facilitating a genuine camaraderie and interactive experience between the subjects and the viewers. Most of the reality shows here in the US - everything is much more structured, contestants are more directly coached and manipulated by producers, and editing is more condensed. Unfortunately - that seems to be the case in the UK now as well now ever since the introduction of shows like The Only Way Is Essex. For a show like BBUK to still be on the air is a triumph, but it's a shame people are quickly to attack it over other shows on the air that are 10x more fake, rigged, vapid - all the things they claim BB are guilty of.
Old 26-08-2017, 07:22 AM #4
Shut yer mouth ya PRICK

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
BB19: Sian
Shut yer mouth ya PRICK

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura

I've enjoyed some episodes, but then others I felt like I was sat waiting for it to finish. Overall I think it's been a good series though nothing to shout about.

If it wasn't for Sarah, Paul and Jemma there'd be no talking points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelindabee View Post
I started declining people if they have a Foren names though as those people I think are contacting me about dating as they want a visa... Lots of people (who can't speak English well) contact me about wanting to be my bf... Then I find out that they actually live in indea or a place like that
thisisdanny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 07:41 AM #5
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

It's underrated, or more specifically exaggeratedly disliked.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 08:50 AM #6
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
CBB21: India Willoughby
Banned

Favourites (more):

It was a good series that should have lasted longer so people like Brandi and Marissa and Amelia and such had more time to shine in a house dominated by Sarah. Sarah being controversial and then winning it + how long it took for this series to find its footing probably put people off it
Osjama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:10 AM #7

I thought it was a good series - WHAT I SAW OF IT.

I quit watching about 7 days from the final. What I hated was all the interesting people who made the headlines were being evicted leaving bores in there. The fact I have found out Amelia came second in the final, underlines what a crap last 2 weeks it was.

And I also was told by a friend that C5 actually brought back Paul, Brandi, Marissa, Jordan, etc, to help spice up the show again, after they'd been evicted because CBB bosses knew the best ones had been kicked out and the show was just dross with them not in it.

It was obvious Sarah was gonna win and love he or dislike her, she was a better winner than any of the rest. Least she did things. Said things. Was active on the show.

So good luck to her.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:14 AM #8
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
I thought it was a good series - WHAT I SAW OF IT.

I quit watching about 7 days from the final. What I hated was all the interesting people who made the headlines were being evicted leaving bores in there. The fact I have found out Amelia came second in the final, underlines what a crap last 2 weeks it was.

And I also was told by a friend that C5 actually brought back Paul, Brandi, Marissa, Jordan, etc, to help spice up the show again, after they'd been evicted because CBB bosses knew the best ones had been kicked out and the show was just dross with them not in it.

It was obvious Sarah was gonna win and love he or dislike her, she was a better winner than any of the rest. Least she did things. Said things. Was active on the show.

So good luck to her.
Yeah the Paul and Brandi eviction along with people like Shaun dodging eviction every week and instead having the interesting ones put up sucked. Amelia did so well because of her day before the final symapthy edit I believe. The episode before the final where this all happens is pretty good and it's the only one I'd recommend out of the ones you haven't watched
Old 26-08-2017, 09:17 AM #9

It wasn't perfect but it was still miles ahead of 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, and 18. When people keep calling it the "Worst CBB EVER!!!" they may want to think about other options in front of them.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:18 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
I don't get the disdain some people have for this series

I actually thoroughly enjoyed it, it had a good mix of drama, romance, and fun. Sarah, Paul, Jemma, Chad, and Brandi carried the show but they made it brilliant.

For me it ranks in my Top 6 of C5 CBB along with CBB13, CBB17, CBB9, CBB16, and CBB19.

I totally agree...it had it all.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:28 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz

It had everything and was more of an enjoyable series compared to the usual drama fuelled ones with Perez, Bear, Farrah over ruling etc

It's up in my top 5 along with 17, 15, 13, 19 on C5. My favourite summer series (or possibly on par with 16)
supertv247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:32 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osjama View Post
Yeah the Paul and Brandi eviction along with people like Shaun dodging eviction every week and instead having the interesting ones put up sucked. Amelia did so well because of her day before the final symapthy edit I believe. The episode before the final where this all happens is pretty good and it's the only one I'd recommend out of the ones you haven't watched
Paul so deserved to be in the final.

I wasn't his greatest fan but I have to admit he set that show alight, made headlines and was just a great housemate.

The fact he lost out in a vote to Helen and Derek was just too much for me. Brandi too. Not a great fan but she was a good housemate.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:37 AM #13

Quote:

I wasn't his greatest fan but I have to admit he set that show alight, made headlines and was just a great housemate.

The fact he lost out in a vote to Helen and Derek was just too much for me. Brandi too. Not a great fan but she was a good housemate.
. Plus he was just so unintentionally hilarious too; "She's goating me and goating me and goating me." "Just because it's the shizzle, doesn't mean it's the dizzle."
Old 26-08-2017, 09:46 AM #14
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Paul helped in making this series and you could tell he genuinely enjoyed cbb ans the people there despite how often he got into arguments lol I prob have bias towards Brandi because I follow her outside of this show but she was involved in quite a few great moments, including her and Jemma writing snakes on the walls and mirrors in the bathroom and chanting Danan to the jaws theme, her random disputes with Sandi that seemed to come out of nowhere. Both Brandi and Paul were great housemates yet the public don't have taste and decided to keep in the conman and the women that doesn't look like she knows where she is
Old 26-08-2017, 09:49 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osjama View Post
Paul helped in making this series and you could tell he genuinely enjoyed cbb ans the people there despite how often he got into arguments lol I prob have bias towards Brandi because I follow her outside of this show but she was involved in quite a few great moments, including her and Jemma writing snakes on the walls and mirrors in the bathroom and chanting Danan to the jaws theme, her random disputes with Sandi that seemed to come out of nowhere. Both Brandi and Paul were great housemates yet the public don't have taste and decided to keep in the conman and the women that doesn't look like she knows where she is
Tbf the lines WERE only open for around 20 minutes that night. I'm sure if they kept them open a day longer Paul would've almost certainly survived over Derek. Brandi never really had a chance of staying once she was up though.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:49 AM #16
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I agree.

When most people were saying they weren't enjoying this series, I was. It definitely lost steam towards the end; I really didn't care about the Amelia/Sam situation (though, I am happy she ended up beating him last night).

I think the reason most people found this series boring was because there was no clear antagonist or pivotal feuds, but I found that quite refreshing.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:52 AM #17

One thing that really irked me about this series was the people who were 'big characters' (Sarah, Chad, Jemma, Paul, Sam) were REALLY big but it made Helen AND Derek AND Shaun (the most under-the-radar CBB housemate to last long of all time), to ALL exist and ALL of them making it to the end/near-end, which was especially annoying whilst Paul, Brandi, and even though i'm not a big fan of her Sandi as well.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:52 AM #18
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertC View Post
Tbf the lines WERE only open for around 20 minutes that night. I'm sure if they kept them open a day longer Paul would've almost certainly survived over Derek. Brandi never really had a chance of staying once she was up though.
Yh unfort ****ty decision by the producers to end a great task
Old 26-08-2017, 09:54 AM #19
-

-

Some episodes were good, the majority were very average
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:57 AM #20
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne View Post

The BB concept, of free, uncensored, live speech sealed it's doom well over a decade ago. I know there's not much free speech or live feed in the show anymore, but just the suggestion of such a revolutionary programme fills our controllers, including TV execs, with fear.
Good points

Nice to have a bit of intelligent, independent thinking on here
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 10:28 AM #21

IT was a great series...it went flat when Paul and Brandi left and we were left with people like Derek Helen Shaun and even Amelia...they offered nothing.
The rest of the cast were great entertainers and there was plenty of arguements and they gave us much to talk about...
I don't quite know what people want or expect these days???
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 11:06 AM #22

I really enjoyed it, and have enjoyed all the series for different reasons. and miss them when they finish.
millyrose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2017, 02:15 AM #23
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):

Definitely A Top 5 series, coming after 4, 13, 17 & 19
Old 28-08-2017, 10:38 AM #24
A great thief

A great thief

For me it died when Paul and Brandi left and then dragged on to the final with not that many talking points in between.
Old 28-08-2017, 04:00 PM #25

I keep comparing it to January which was brilliant. It wasnt terrible this summers cbb but it was boring at times. There is only so many times watching someone get pissed and kick off/act like a nutter is entertaining before it becomes boring.
JayGreen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
series, underrated