Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2017, 12:57 PM #251
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
You're not very good at this Cherie, tbh I'd suggest you should step off of the forum and calm down a bit; look over your posts again when you have a clearer head. This is sort of embarrassing . I mean, I understand that you have an issue with people being accused of xenophobia / racism but... ... it does happen on here, in my opinion, and in the opinion of others, and I can't quite figure out why you're so keen for those opinions to be invalid?

When people are accused of racism on here, it's generally with a direct quote of the post that the accuser considers to be racist. You might disagree with that assessment but so what, it's not your opinion. You, on the other hand, are throwing out random accusations "about things that you're sure you remember people saying once maybe ages ago but the posts definitely exist and you'll go find them" - except that you wont - and that's a completely different situation.

Quote the posts alongside your opinion of those posts. It's simple enough. People might agree, they might disagree, or whatever, but until then, you're throwing around "he said she said" fantasies.
You are funny.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-09-2017, 12:58 PM #252
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
You are funny.
I'm not trying to be funny, Cherie. I'm just filling the time while I wait for you to find these posts .
Old 21-09-2017, 12:58 PM #253
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I thought it was you crying about leaving a while back because you couldn't get everyone to agree with you?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 21-09-2017, 12:58 PM #254
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not trying to be funny, Cherie. I'm just filling the time while I wait for you to find these posts .
You will be waiting, I rely on my very good memory.

Last edited by Cherie; 21-09-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 21-09-2017, 12:59 PM #255
-

-

Quote:
I thought it was you crying about leaving a while back because you couldn't get everyone to agree with you?
Quote?
Old 21-09-2017, 01:02 PM #256
-

-

Quote:
You will be waiting, I rely on my very good memory.
Well, you have fun with that. Until you can provide something - anything - to back up what you're saying, I'll rely on my assumption that you're for some reason very bitter about "something" (Kirk leaving still? Maybe you think someone accused you of racism? I wouldn't like to assume.) and you're just throwing out hot air for the sake of it.

tl;dr if you can't provide quotes I think everyone is going to rightly assume that you are full of ****.
Old 21-09-2017, 01:11 PM #257
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well, you have fun with that. Until you can provide something - anything - to back up what you're saying, I'll rely on my assumption that you're for some reason very bitter about "something" (Kirk leaving still? Maybe you think someone accused you of racism? I wouldn't like to assume.) and you're just throwing out hot air for the sake of it.

tl;dr if you can't provide quotes I think everyone is going to rightly assume that you are full of ****.
I have a little shrine to Kirk in my downstairs loo and I look at it wistfully when I take a pee it's true

Old 21-09-2017, 01:20 PM #258
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

i often think of Kirk when i'm taking a dump
Old 21-09-2017, 01:45 PM #259
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i often think of Kirk when i'm taking a dump
maybe I should start a support group, looks like there might be a few members given the ott reaction to me mentioning his name

Old 21-09-2017, 01:58 PM #260
You know my methods

You know my methods

welp the ghost of Kirk hath caused a rumpus

I am sure he would love that as he would being proved right amid the clamour
Old 21-09-2017, 02:03 PM #261
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
welp the ghost of Kirk hath caused a rumpus

I am sure he would love that as he would being proved right amid the clamour
i miss him, he has been so great on my x factor game, with his musical knowledge

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Old 21-09-2017, 02:26 PM #262

Did it say from where?
Old 21-09-2017, 02:40 PM #263
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Did it say from where?
if they said from where, there would be more teeth gnashing saying how it was irrelevant and was unfair on the legitimate asylum seekers from that country etc etc etc

Old 21-09-2017, 02:44 PM #264
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's common sense. You would not want to be seen as a representation of the extreme worst of your own demographic so why do you think it's okay to paint in broad strokes when it comes to races/religions/nationalities you hate?

If I was to take the statements you make and change the words so that they represent people of a right wing mindset you would flip your **** yet you are okay with doing exactly that to people who don't happen to be white.
You are the one who is colour obsessed. It has far more to do with culture and religion but as skin colour is the more visual that is what you focus on. It demonstrates an inability to see past colour and the other issues involved. Life is not black and white - but you take that expression quite literally!
Old 21-09-2017, 02:45 PM #265

Stick to discussing the topic and NOT other members, I'm fed up of the same thing happening involving the same members in EVERY thread
Old 21-09-2017, 02:52 PM #266
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You're not very good at this Cherie, tbh I'd suggest you should step off of the forum and calm down a bit; look over your posts again when you have a clearer head. This is sort of embarrassing . I mean, I understand that you have an issue with people being accused of xenophobia / racism but... ... it does happen on here, in my opinion, and in the opinion of others, and I can't quite figure out why you're so keen for those opinions to be invalid?

When people are accused of racism on here, it's generally with a direct quote of the post that the accuser considers to be racist. You might disagree with that assessment but so what, it's not your opinion. You, on the other hand, are throwing out random accusations "about things that you're sure you remember people saying once maybe ages ago but the posts definitely exist and you'll go find them" - except that you wont - and that's a completely different situation.

Quote the posts alongside your opinion of those posts. It's simple enough. People might agree, they might disagree, or whatever, but until then, you're throwing around "he said she said" fantasies.

The words 'accuser and considers' to be real words of substance in that sentence. Plenty of accusers' who consider this, that and the other to be 'racist' etc who love to present their considerations as fact with a little pinch of insult on top. It means nothing. It is just an excuse for ignorant people to be ignorant.
Old 21-09-2017, 03:03 PM #267
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
The words 'accuser and considers' to be real words of substance in that sentence. Plenty of accusers' who consider this, that and the other to be 'racist' etc who love to present their considerations as fact with a little pinch of insult on top. It means nothing. It is just an excuse for ignorant people to be ignorant.
Yes Brillo it is an opinion, we are all entitled to our opinions, that was really my point. I will quote a post that I consider to be racist and say "Hi. I think this is a racist post."

That is my opinion of the post and I am free to state it? As I also already said; the person who posted it, and others, are free to disagree, and make it very clear that they disagree. They should not expect this to change my opinion or to stop me from stating it.

In my opinion, many posts on this forum lately are racist. That IS a fact. It is a fact that I think that. That doesn't mean I'm "presenting the thing itself as fact" no matter how many times to try to pretend it does to shut down the opinion. I'm no more presenting it "as a fact" than you are presenting your opinions about Muslims et al. "as facts".

You think my opinion is wrong. That's fine. I think many of your opinions are wrong, and also, racist. That is also fine. You, and Cherie, disagree with certain of your posts being deemed racist, and other people's posts being deemed racist. That's ALSO fine. You however find it quite offensive apparently and so want it to stop. That really isn't my problem.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 21-09-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 21-09-2017, 03:07 PM #268
Banned

Banned

Quote:
will you stick to facts, you continually accuse people of being afraid of brown people when you know nothing about them? not keen on being accused are you...diddums

I call it like I see it, I've seen nothing to suggest that the slide towards extreme right values in this section is motivated by anything other than hate and an unwillingness to see immigrants, muslims and any other minority that this section finds fault with as subhuman, that's my opinion. I have no problem with controlled immigration or people suggesting that it should be stricter but it's easy to see the difference in intentions between a bigot and someone who simply believes in tougher immigration.

The idea of open borders is ludicrous and so is your irrational mindset that anyone who has sympathy for the plight of refugees (IE people with the capacity for empathy) is automatically endorsing open borders.

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-09-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 21-09-2017, 03:15 PM #269

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
You make plenty false accusations like accusing everyone who has a different opinion to you of being afraid of brown people, not nice is it being falsely accused, I can find those posts though unless of course they are deleted beforehand.
I've seen those posts too, more than once.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 21-09-2017, 03:31 PM #270

Quote:
I have a little shrine to Kirk in my downstairs loo and I look at it wistfully when I take a pee it's true
how nice
Old 21-09-2017, 03:54 PM #271
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

The problem here is anyone who raised an eyebrow over young able men being given asylum over children (which happened in Calais) and probably myriad other places as they knew how to work the system was shot down, now the boot is on the other foot, egg firmly on faces and lots of back-pedalling

Old 21-09-2017, 03:54 PM #272
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I've seen those posts too, more than once.
Thank you Jaxie

Old 21-09-2017, 04:05 PM #273
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The problem here is anyone who raised an eyebrow over young able men being given asylum over children (which happened in Calais) and probably myriad other places as they knew how to work the system was shot down, now the boot is on the other foot, egg firmly on faces and lots of back-pedalling
There's been no backpedalling?

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-09-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 21-09-2017, 05:26 PM #274

Quote:
well it wasn't going to happen, people were getting hysterical thinking they could slip though like this yadda yadda yadda ..who has egg on their face now I wish Kirk was here to see that what he was saying was right all along.
Careful, you're sounding smug and that's unpleasant under the circumstances.
Old 21-09-2017, 05:32 PM #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Exactly Cherry! Would like to see him back and listen to his words of wisdom again. Can't say I blame him for not wanting to though. Wrong side of the track so to speak. Too much hassle.

An article in the paper regarding another suspect actually stated that one resident said "he was a nice guy, he was very softly spoken. He used to condemn terrorism in front of my husband". Where have we heard that before?
Kirk and me were friends on here so I'd love to see him back. Whilst we had opposing opinions, he really did get his teeth into a discussion. He would often look at an opposing post and go off and do his research before coming back here and agreeing that opposing opinion was in fact correct.

We could go at it hammer and tongue on the forums and shake hands in pm. I couldn't help but respect him regardless of our differing views.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
critical, level, raised, terror, threat, uk