Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:27 AM #26
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Oh Bots ,didn't you know the detractors could do so much better,it's such an easy job to run a country efficiently !!! she may not be doing what some people deem she should but 'disgusting' NO way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I have no interest in running for public office because I know I wouldn't cope with it, so your point is moot. She should've realised the same and never put herself forward, and certainly not shrouded herself in the hubris and arrogance she did six months ago. She made her bed, and now she must lay in it. At least Cameron was statesmanlike, this woman is a laughing stock. And he ****ed a pig!

Do I feel sorry for her on a human level? Yes. Does that mean I forgive her for all that's gone before? Absolutely not.
Please learn to read Kazanne before making passive aggressive comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I'll stay with Jack_
Disgusting she was for the cuts to Police while Home Secretary.
She has dubious history on gay rights.

She wasted millions on an election she hoped to manipulate from greed.
She continues in the face of all organisations condemning same, to hold the Universal Credit shambles continuing.

One of the worst things is buying DUP votes to protect her own job,rather than compromise and create more concensus on politics,especially after throwing away her overall majority she already had.

She is weak and dare not take any action against Boris Johnson and others,her appointments leave much to question.

Disgusting woman,trying to hide behind supposed Christian values,while in her job,being nothing else but hardline,heartless and in my view wholly ignorant.

I detest this woman and did even when I supported the Cons.
She is in my view the likely worst Home Secretary we ever have had.
She now equally with some of her truly disgusting and heartless policies,the worst PM likely too.

She isn't up to the job,her appointments,her judgements her decisions create more problems.
The only decent thing she could do for me is at last,honourably resign and head off to the backbenches with no real power over anyone again.
Preferably though,clear off into the political wilderness altogether.
Great post Joey. You summed it up much better than I could with things I'd forgotten at six o'clock this morning
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:07 PM #27
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And don't forget she also gets colds and coughs which is a henious crime. :-)
Gosh yes,I forgot briefly about that.
Good grief,even when nature is trying to or telling her to shut up,she still even ignores that and still forces herself on people to have to listen to her croaking.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:48 PM #28

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Good grief,even when nature is trying to or telling her to shut up,she still even ignores that and still forces herself on people to have to listen to her croaking.
Stop it

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:16 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She could always do a stint on some cheap reality tv show.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:41 PM #30
-

-

I think the "tribalism" problem spills over quite a lot here, too... essentially the idea that if you support something, you must not be critical of it in any way, you must pretend that it's all great for fear that the other "side" might feel like they have any sort of point (which must never happen).

What I'm saying here is... it is OK to be a Tory supporter, and to remain a Tory supporter, whilst also admitting that Theresa May has been a fairly weak and incompetent Prime Minister. There also seems to be a lot of sympathy for her, which is also fine, we can have sympathy for people even when their predicament is in large part their own doing, but it is worth admitting that much of the mess she now finds herself in is down to her putting her own personal ambition above other concerns, and being fairly short-sighted there. She willing took a poisoned chalice in taking over as PM after Cameron quit, and we can hardly say that it wasn't knowingly... Cameron knew, that's why he dropped the position like a sack of radioactive waste. BoJo knew, that's why he distanced himself from his PM ambitions at that time and didn't even put his hat in. The vast majority of high-ranking Tories knew that it was going to be a ****show.

May grabbed it, I guess probably telling herself that she was up to the task, but the fact is, she hasn't been. You can admit that and still be a Tory... it won't cause anyone to morph into a Corbynite over night.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:48 PM #31
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

As a tory supporter I can't stand her, but she is being given a lot of unfair criticism. I'm sorry, but disgusting is just not an adjective i will see directed at her without comment, as it is completely unwarranted. That's not suggesting she has not made mistakes or that at least some of it is of her own making, just that there are many people in the world that warrant the label disgusting, and TM isn't one of them
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:00 PM #32
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Actually for me,the thread itself has an odd title.
Fun Time Theresa.

Not in a million years could I think of the word fun and Theresa May in the same sentence.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:05 PM #33
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
She could always do a stint on some cheap reality tv show.
Well she'd never consider anything cheap for sure,not for herself that is.

However,come to think about it,she could perhaps learn something if she actually did engage on a reality show,with very different people to herself.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 PM #34
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
As a tory supporter I can't stand her, but she is being given a lot of unfair criticism. I'm sorry, but disgusting is just not an adjective i will see directed at her without comment, as it is completely unwarranted. That's not suggesting she has not made mistakes or that at least some of it is of her own making, just that there are many people in the world that warrant the label disgusting, and TM isn't one of them
I guess one would feel like that if they took didn't care about 3,000 disabled people dying or taking their own lives after being declared fit for work, or women being racially abused and sexually assaulted in detention centres they've been held in for unjust periods of time, despite having committed no crime. Or asylum seekers having to film themselves having sex to prove that they're homosexual to the UK Border Agency. Or the cuts to the education budget leaving many teachers having to pay for resources out of their own pocket, or the creeping privatisation of the NHS and cuts which may have led to up to 30,000 deaths. I happen to care very much about these issues and more, and yes, I do find them disgusting. But each to their own eh? 'I'm alright Jack' I guess.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:14 PM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well she'd never consider anything cheap for sure,not for herself that is.

However,come to think about it,she could perhaps learn something if she actually did engage on a reality show,with very different people to herself.
So how come you get access to her cupboards and wardrobes
Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM #36
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I guess one would feel like that if they took didn't care about 3,000 disabled people dying or taking their own lives after being declared fit for work, or women being racially abused and sexually assaulted in detention centres they've been held in for unjust periods of time, despite having committed no crime. Or asylum seekers having to film themselves having sex to prove that they're homosexual to the UK Border Agency. Or the cuts to the education budget leaving many teachers having to pay for resources out of their own pocket, or the creeping privatisation of the NHS and cuts which may have led to up to 30,000 deaths. I happen to care very much about these issues and more, and yes, I do find them disgusting. But each to their own eh? 'I'm alright Jack' I guess.
WTF is this about? First time I have heard of it and I sincerely hope you are exaggerating or something, but I doubt it given the seriousness and truth of the rest of the post...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:57 PM #37
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
WTF is this about? First time I have heard of it and I sincerely hope you are exaggerating or something, but I doubt it given the seriousness and truth of the rest of the post...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/...rove-sexuality

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24479812
Old 10-11-2017, 05:18 PM #38
0_o

0_o

Wow. Thats shocking, and surely, extremely flawed anyway as one can have gay sex and not actually be gay anyway. How on earth can you 'prove' your sexuality. Didn't realise things were quite so draconian. Though I can kind of understand where they are coming from when people are wanting asylum based on fear of prosecution/death for being gay in their own countries that some 'proof' is needed, but proof doesn't tend to exist of homosexuality anyway. They way the articles throw together LGB and T though, when most Middle Eastern countries tend to be perfectly happy with T (anywhere/one homophobic is perfect fine with T broadly speaking ) is pretty odd. Being gay is definitely more of a 'crime, and 'changing sex' is seen as 'curing the gay'. But yeah..this is a lot to take in actually. I didn't realise any of this was going on at all. Thanks. The thought of this has depressed me for the night now I think
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 10-11-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:39 PM #39
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

A typical distortion of the facts again. The asylum seekers have taken it upon themselves to make videos, they were not asked to produce them fgs. Also, its being made out that its persecution of the LGBT community, when its not. People using relationships as a means of entering the country have to satisfy the authorities that they are genuine because so many fake it to gain entry. Falsifying documents etc. Its not specifically targeting any particular group. If one cites a reason for seeking asylum, one needs to back it up, and that applies all over the world
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:42 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A typical distortion of the facts again. The asylum seekers have taken it upon themselves to make videos, they were not asked to produce them fgs. Also, its being made out that its persecution of the LGBT community, when its not. People using relationships as a means of entering the country have to satisfy the authorities that they are genuine because so many fake it to gain entry. Falsifying documents etc. Its not specifically targeting any particular group. If one cites a reason for seeking asylum, one needs to back it up, and that applies all over the world
It was obviously not the true facts BOTs, I cant believe people get sucked into these things,if it had been the truth there would have been an outcry about it,Thanks for the facts.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:54 PM #41
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just as a matter of correctness.
Just how does someone convince authorities they are gay or lesbian.

Since you admit that has to be proven to the authorities satisfaction.

If the questioned own words aren't enough,which it clearly isn't, how should anyone and what should they do to prove they are gay/lesbian.

Anyone who doesn't care a jot for sexual and or human rights possibly,will dismiss this as nonsense.
Since though people claiming to be gay/lesbian,who you say yourself have to convince authorities they really are,how then do they do so?

Easy to poo poo others research to blindly try to defend an intrusive wrong by authorities,allowed by government too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 10-11-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:12 PM #42
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Wow. Thats shocking, and surely, extremely flawed anyway as one can have gay sex and not actually be gay anyway. How on earth can you 'prove' your sexuality. Didn't realise things were quite so draconian. Though I can kind of understand where they are coming from when people are wanting asylum based on fear of prosecution/death for being gay in their own countries that some 'proof' is needed, but proof doesn't tend to exist of homosexuality anyway. They way the articles throw together LGB and T though, when most Middle Eastern countries tend to be perfectly happy with T (anywhere/one homophobic is perfect fine with T broadly speaking ) is pretty odd. Being gay is definitely more of a 'crime, and 'changing sex' is seen as 'curing the gay'. But yeah..this is a lot to take in actually. I didn't realise any of this was going on at all. Thanks. The thought of this has depressed me for the night now I think
While I was searching for those links, I stumbled across the article below. Fantastic piece of scholarship:

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gat...75.pdf&site=58

Unfortunately, not many people know a lot about the stuff that goes on in detention centres...it just doesn't get reported that much. I have to refrain from reading some of it because it just makes me too me angry, but I have a general understanding of the kind of abuses that go on. http://www.righttoremain.org.uk are good source to utilise

This government is beyond the pale in so many respects. But apparently 'disgusting' is too strong a term, poor Theresa is so gutted about losing her parliamentary majority, we must cut her some slack

Quote:
There was no distortion of the facts, if you'd bothered to read my post properly you'd have noticed my actual wording was 'or asylum seekers having to film themselves having sex to prove that they're homosexual to the UK Border Agency'. Nowhere do I imply they were forced to, the word 'having' is appropriate in this context because they were/are left with very little options.

This is now the third passive aggressive post you've made in this thread, addressing comments I've made with snide digs but not to me. I am not scary bitontheslide, you can engage in a discussion with me directly.

On a separate note...since you had such an issue with my use of the word 'disgusting', I'm curious as to why if such an adjective should only be reserved for the most abhorrent of people, you used it to describe two Big Brother housemates just a few months ago?

Quote:
her or Chanelle, all still perfectly possible. What people seem to forget is that Chanelle and Isabelle are both vile, disgusting tramps, and are equally likely to go come the final vote count.
Now what's worse...two contestants on a reality show (who you've derided in a rather misogynistic manner)...or a Prime Minister and former Home Secretary who has been part of a government who has overseen the things I noted in my last post?

Time to practice what you preach.

Quote:
It was obviously not the true facts BOTs, I cant believe people get sucked into these things,if it had been the truth there would have been an outcry about it,Thanks for the facts.
There was no outcry about it because a) it doesn't get reported enough and b) people ~generally~ care very little about anyone but themselves, this thread is proving as much. Now are you going to engage in a debate, read some articles and learn some things Kazanne, or are you - like BOTS - just going to continue to make passive aggressive snide digs at me? I get you don't like me, I don't expect you to, but if you want to participate in the discussion then do so. Considering the discussion everyone had the other day I find this incredibly petty and disappointing from the pair of you.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:23 PM #43
0_o

0_o

I can't imagine what kind of 'proof' they reckon exists if they are not accepting testimony from people who know the people in question to 'prove' that the asylum seekers are gay, yet apparently do not want porn?

Quote:
According to lawyer S Chelvan, the use of pornographic evidence in queer
asylum cases has arisen in part because immigration officials are refusing to
accept witnesses seeking to testify for gay and lesbian asylum applicants if they
have not had sex with the individual in question. Chelvan suggests that this is
‘forcing’ gay and lesbian asylum seekers to film themselves having sex in order
to prove their sexuality.
Though again, if someone is seeking political asylum on the basis of homosexuality...then I can also understand why some proof of the reason they are applying is needed.

if that makes sense

Total bloody minefield.

Also fairly annoying is how it seems judges are only accepting gay people are gay if they are 'stereotypically gay'..for example only 'counting' gay men as gay if they are feminine and camp, by the looks of it, as otherwise its 'hiding your sexuality'
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 10-11-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:41 PM #44
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Truly commendable responses Jack_.

Thanks from me for one for submitting and highlighting results of your factual research on several issues.

I knew of some of it but you helped clarify some points I wasn't fully aware of.

Last edited by joeysteele; 10-11-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:44 PM #45

Quote:
Disgusting woman attending a disgusting party for a disgusting man that oversees a disgusting newspaper
Totally correct on all 3 there.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

How do you apply to becone a border agency worker?
Old 10-11-2017, 07:52 PM #47
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
What facts?
Old 10-11-2017, 08:22 PM #48

Quote:
I think the "tribalism" problem spills over quite a lot here, too... essentially the idea that if you support something, you must not be critical of it in any way, you must pretend that it's all great for fear that the other "side" might feel like they have any sort of point (which must never happen).

What I'm saying here is... it is OK to be a Tory supporter, and to remain a Tory supporter, whilst also admitting that Theresa May has been a fairly weak and incompetent Prime Minister.
There also seems to be a lot of sympathy for her, which is also fine, we can have sympathy for people even when their predicament is in large part their own doing, but it is worth admitting that much of the mess she now finds herself in is down to her putting her own personal ambition above other concerns, and being fairly short-sighted there. She willing took a poisoned chalice in taking over as PM after Cameron quit, and we can hardly say that it wasn't knowingly... Cameron knew, that's why he dropped the position like a sack of radioactive waste. BoJo knew, that's why he distanced himself from his PM ambitions at that time and didn't even put his hat in. The vast majority of high-ranking Tories knew that it was going to be a ****show.

May grabbed it, I guess probably telling herself that she was up to the task, but the fact is, she hasn't been. You can admit that and still be a Tory... it won't cause anyone to morph into a Corbynite over night.
I think many of us are guilty of this, regardless of what side we sit on. The great thing about debate is, whilst we all have an opinion, we should be open to change if new information warrants that change. If we are not prepared to overcome our bias, even when well-informed evidence proves our bias is perhaps misinformed, then all we are partaking in is a tit for tat fight.

When it comes to political debate, too many people beat their chest without knowing much at all about the topic they are partaking in. Politics are so often treated like a faith that has to be worshipped and protected.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:40 PM #49
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
I think many of us are guilty of this, regardless of what side we sit on. The great thing about debate is, whilst we all have an opinion, we should be open to change if new information warrants that change. If we are not prepared to overcome our bias, even when well-informed evidence proves our bias is perhaps misinformed, then all we are partaking in is a tit for tat fight.

When it comes to political debate, too many people beat their chest without knowing much at all about the topic they are partaking in. Politics are so often treated like a faith that has to be worshipped and protected.
I've been incredibly guilty of it and only really realised to what extent within the last week .

I feel like I should clarify that a bit actually. I don't think I'm guilty if not being knowledgeable of things that I pretend to be, nor am I saying that my basic stance on most things has necessarily changed, however I have been guilty of tackling things from a "ur just wrong let's fight about that" perspective rather than actually bothering to at least try to understand properly where people's opinions are coming from, even the ones I don't agree with. Full disclosure on my thinking for why I've been doing this; purely intellectual laziness and apathy. But I reckon... If I can't be bothered to think things through properly, I should probably just not engage at all rather than the endless groundhog day back and forward of the same old arguments and catchphrases. I'm being the change I'd like to see!

Tbqfh I'm a ****ing hero. A hero. A champion. A warrior of light.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 10-11-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:55 PM #50

Quote:
I've been incredibly guilty of it and only really realised to what extent within the last week .
It must be something in the water TS because I've been thinking about it for the last few days too.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fun, theresa, time