Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-11-2017, 10:43 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default A-Z of PC gone mad!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-madness.html

Found this interesting. Wasn’t even aware of most of them and I already thought PC was out of control!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 10:53 AM #2
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

for ‘girls’
A sexist word according to Cardiff Metropolitan University, which said that it should never be used about adults as it is a way of belittling them.

TiBB
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 11:05 AM #3
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Something that the girls on TiBB will be interested in i'm sure
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 11:09 AM #4

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Will you BLOODY shut your gob about this?!?!
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 11:11 AM #5
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
for ‘girls’
A sexist word according to Cardiff Metropolitan University, which said that it should never be used about adults as it is a way of belittling them.

TiBB
It certainly can be sexist when men refer to grown women as girls, which is pretty common and no doubt those same men would object to being called boys - but like most things it’s about context.

Last edited by Brillopad; 18-11-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 18-11-2017, 11:14 AM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
Are you talking to me? If so, no I BLOODY won’t!
Old 18-11-2017, 11:21 AM #7
User banned

User banned

Apparently we can’t clap for fear of offending some very unstable people or use the word illegal as it has ‘racist’ undertones.

How anyone in their right mind and without an agenda can defend such nonsence is beyond comprehension.
Old 18-11-2017, 11:22 AM #8

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Poor Percy.
To think anybody would even think anybody could ever think cats have been butchered to put the cats eyes on the road.

Imbeciles.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 01:02 PM #9
0_o

0_o

I didn't even know 'manfully' was a word
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 01:03 PM #10
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
ffs
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 01:11 PM #11
0_o

0_o

Quote:
In January, the British Medical Association advised members that mothers-to-be should be referred to as ‘pregnant people’ to avoid offence and ‘celebrate diversity’.
Also, breastfeeding should be called chestfeeding. This really is ridiculous and pathetic and the people demanding it are entitled narcissists.

Quote:
Sussex University Students’ Union warned members against using the pronouns ‘he’ and ‘she’ to avoid assumptions about identity. ‘They’ and ‘Them’ are said to be the correct, gender-neutral terms.
Pronoun **** is stupid. You are a she if you are female, and a he is you are male. Zir Ze and such aren't even ****ing words so **** off with that too

I use peoples preferred pronouns if they are actually transsexual. I will not call an obvious man she no matter how much he cries and shrieks about it. Nor will I ever refer to another human as 'it' which is demanded by a few of them

Quote:
Jenni Murray, presenter of Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour, upset transgender lobbyists when she said men who had undergone sex-change operations could not claim to be ‘real women’ since they did not have ‘the experience of growing up female’.
Yet another stupid one, especially when coupled with

Quote:
Transgender campaigners condemn such phrases as inaccurate and offensive. Even ‘biologically male’ and ‘biologically female’ are deemed ‘problematic’ by the influential U.S. gay rights ‘media monitoring’ group GLAAD (which used to be called the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, because they ‘oversimplify’ the ‘complex subject’ of gender. We’re told the correct usage is to say an individual is ‘assigned’ or ‘designated’ male or female at birth.
I always ask when people start with this rubbish, if a transwoman is a woman, how do you describe the class of women, without referring to stereotypes as stereotypes are bollocks and not everyone follows them anyway. Its impossible to do. 'Anyone who identifies as a woman' does not work...because...what are they identifying with? The description becomes 'anyone who identifies as anyone who identifies as anyone who identifies' and so on. With no end. So no, transwomen are not women, they are transwomen. To say they are women is both false and erasing who they actually are. Its actually transphobic to say they are women, as thats erasing the fact that they are trans as if trans is something to be ashamed about.

The whole trans debate has got ****ing ridiculous. As female penises and such are mainstream thinking now. 'Self-identification' with no diagnoses of 'sex dysphoria' is being pushed for. How is one trans without sex dysphoria exactly? Something people said would never happen and its 'just a fringe' and so on. Well its not. And they are pushing for changes to the law to protect 'gender identity' rather than 'gender reassignment'. And given 'gender identity' is all in ones head (I dont even have a gender identity, I just am a female) how on earth can laws be made based on a feeling? Its just stupid.

Rant over. That article annoyed me a lot as I thought it would be bollocks made up by the mail yet a lot of it is actually true, though many will think it isn't as it sounds so bizarre.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-11-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 18-11-2017, 01:23 PM #12
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Also, breastfeeding should be called chestfeeding. This really is ridiculous and pathetic and the people demanding it are entitled narcissists.

Pronoun **** is stupid. You are a she if you are female, and a he is you are male. Zir Ze and such aren't even ****ing words so **** off with that too

I use peoples preferred pronouns if they are actually transsexual. I will not call an obvious man she no matter how much he cries and shrieks about it. Nor will I ever refer to another human as 'it' which is demanded by a few of them

Yet another stupid one, especially when coupled with

I always ask when people start with this rubbish, if a transwoman is a woman, how do you describe the class of women, without referring to stereotypes as stereotypes are bollocks and not everyone follows them anyway. Its impossible to do. 'Anyone who identifies as a woman' does not work...because...what are they identifying with? The description becomes 'anyone who identifies as anyone who identifies as anyone who identifies' and so on. With no end. So no, transwomen are not women, they are transwomen. To say they are women is both false and erasing who they actually are. Its actually transphobic to say they are women, as thats erasing the fact that they are trans as if trans is something to be ashamed about.

The whole trans debate has got ****ing ridiculous. As female penises and such are mainstream thinking now. 'Self-identification' with no diagnoses of 'sex dysphoria' is being pushed for. How is one trans without sex dysphoria exactly? Something people said would never happen and its 'just a fringe' and so on. Well its not. And they are pushing for changes to the law to protect 'gender identity' rather than 'gender reassignment'. And given 'gender identity' is all in ones head (I dont even have a gender identity, I just am a female) how on earth can laws be made based on a feeling? Its just stupid.

Rant over. That article annoyed me a lot as I thought it would be bollocks made up by the mail yet a lot of it is actually true, though many will think it isn't as it sounds so bizarre.
I think it’s a case of giving them enough rope to hang themselves with as it has got so ridiculous. People will fight back at such Nonsence - it’s inevitable.
Old 18-11-2017, 01:28 PM #13
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I think it’s a case of giving them enough rope to hang themselves with as it has got so ridiculous. People will fight back at such Nonsence - it’s inevitable.
Hopefully before the law gets passed, as it will be hard to take back once its there :/

Though more people do seem to be waking up recently. My lesbian friends have been awake for some time now as they have been called transphobic on a few occasion for rejecting people with penises who say they are women.

Its all been so under the radar, but it seems to be reaching more people now and most will disagree with it all. Because its mental. There is a journalist called Janice Turner who writes for the Tim es, and she has been doing a lot of articles on this recently and has been attacked left right and centre for being 'transphobic' when the articles are anything but tbh. I would link them, but they are behind a paywall so most won't be able to read them anyway The jist of it though is she is worried about the amount of kids being put on 'harmless' puberty blockers just because they like to 'dress as a female' and such. These 'harmless' blockers are actually powerfeul chemotherapy drugs which cause lifelong problems. But the parents are being told they are safe, and fully reversible (which they aren't reversible in practice at all). NHS directing parents of gender questioning kids to the pressure group 'Mermaids' who draw in kids at pride events with puppies and sweets and try to convince them they are trans and tell them 'puberty is optional'. FFS. Which kid wants to go through puberty. I know I didn't

So many kids sacrificed and medicalized for life. Its sad, and ****ing scary

Edit. Heres one of the 'transphobic' articles https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...obby-bq0m2mm95 I think you can read 2 per week without a subscription.

Her twitter talks about it and her articles too. https://twitter.com/VictoriaPeckham/...20070695804929 The replies she gets are very eye opening. The abuse comes mainly from male people (usually) with anime avatars. There is a reason the tagline to all of this is 'no debate' and thats as people actually talk about it, it all falls apart and most can see it for the misogynistic homophobic nonsense that it is.

*I am not saying transsexual people are homophobic and that. Those with sex dysphoria obviously need support and such. Its these new 'transgender' people who are the problem. And 'trans'ing children is deeply homophobic and is actually gay eugenics, as if these kids are left alone 80-95% of them grow out of the confusion and most that grow out of it are simply gay adults. When if they are shoved onto 'harmless' puberty blockers, 97% go onto cross sex hormones.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-11-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 18-11-2017, 01:38 PM #14
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Hopefully before the law gets passed, as it will be hard to take back once its there :/

Though more people do seem to be waking up recently. My lesbian friends have been awake for some time now as they have been called transphobic on a few occasion for rejecting people with penises who say they are women.

Its all been so under the radar, but it seems to be reaching more people now and most will disagree with it all. Because its mental. There is a journalist called Janice Turner who writes for the Tim es, and she has been doing a lot of articles on this recently and has been attacked left right and centre for being 'transphobic' when the articles are anything but tbh. I would link them, but they are behind a paywall so most won't be able to read them anyway The jist of it though is she is worried about the amount of kids being put on 'harmless' puberty blockers just because they like to 'dress as a female' and such. These 'harmless' blockers are actually powerfeul chemotherapy drugs which cause lifelong problems. But the parents are being told they are safe, and fully reversible (which they aren't reversible in practice at all). NHS directing parents of gender questioning kids to the pressure group 'Mermaids' who draw in kids at pride events with puppies and sweets and try to convince them they are trans and tell them 'puberty is optional'. FFS. Which kid wants to go through puberty. I know I didn't

So many kids sacrificed and medicalized for life. Its sad, and ****ing scary
Sacrificed for an ‘ideal’ by some. It’s a political agenda in my opinion and a very harmful one clearly.

What adults decide for themselves is one thing but to try to influence vulnerable minds is morally criminal. We must have laws to protect children from this manipulative obsession.
Old 18-11-2017, 01:40 PM #15
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Sacrificed for an ‘ideal’ by some. It’s a political agenda in my opinion and a very harmful one clearly.

What adults decide for themselves is one thing but to try to influence vulnerable minds is morally criminal. We must have laws to protect children from this manipulative obsession.
Indeed. I don't care one bit if some dude wants to go and have surgeries to resemble a woman. Live and let live tbh. But when kids are dragged into it, and we are expected to believe that people with penises are women and should be granted access to female changing rooms and such, and even put in female prisons (even people in prison for rape, get granted access to the females in jail...ridiculous) it becomes a huge problem.

And gender fluid can **** right off tbh. Makes no sense at all. Dress how you like, but putting on a dress one day does not make you a woman anymore than me wearing trousers today makes me a man

And everyone is 'non-binary' also, so no thats not special either.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-11-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 18-11-2017, 01:46 PM #16
0_o

0_o

https://medium.com/@GappyTales/dear-...t-f20fbf6272cf

This is amazing too.

As it this, about the ridiculous topshop 'gender fluid' narcissist issue (many may not know about that, its fairly recent and hasn't been publicized much)

https://medium.com/@GappyTales/an-op...p-d7351ef932ab

Its so odd. I am a lefty in most ways, but I am totally against the left on this issue. But I am not aligned with the right either, as the right seem to accept it all too. Its Maria Miller trying to push the 'gender identity' rubbish, and May agrees with it all too.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 18-11-2017, 02:08 PM #17
User banned

User banned

Quote:
https://medium.com/@GappyTales/dear-...t-f20fbf6272cf

This is amazing too.

As it this, about the ridiculous topshop 'gender fluid' narcissist issue (many may not know about that, its fairly recent and hasn't been publicized much)

https://medium.com/@GappyTales/an-op...p-d7351ef932ab

Its so odd. I am a lefty in most ways, but I am totally against the left on this issue. But I am not aligned with the right either, as the right seem to accept it all too. Its Maria Miller trying to push the 'gender identity' rubbish, and May agrees with it all too.
Haven’t looked at those yet, but will. Just wanted to say I don’t believe May believes that for a minute - I think she is just trying to get the young on board and say what she thinks they want th hear. Not the way to go in my opinion.

Basically I just think we should all leave the kids alone on these issues, let them be kids, and decide on these things when they are older and have a better understanding, of it all.
Old 18-11-2017, 02:31 PM #18
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Haven’t looked at those yet, but will. Just wanted to say I don’t believe May believes that for a minute - I think she is just trying to get the young on board and say what she thinks they want th hear. Not the way to go in my opinion.

Basically I just think we should all leave the kids alone on these issues, let them be kids, and decide on these things when they are older and have a better understanding, of it all.
I think (like many) May has not thought very deeply into the implications of this law that Miller is trying to pass through and still sees this as a kind of...extension of gay rights thing. And who would argue against gay rights? Except its nothing to do with gay rights at all, and infact the ideology in itself is deeply homophobic and dragging gender questioning kids into it...is homophobic also as most of these gender questioning kids are simply gay but either do not understand this yet, or have internalized homophobia. And reconcile with themselves once through puberty once their brains have developed properly. IF they are left alone instead of put on chemo drugs. When puberty is blocked, essential brain development does not happen and as such, these kids jeep thinking they are trans rather than just accepting they are gay.

Its a sorry state of affairs really when no questions are allowed to be asked, especially when discussing the welfare of kids.

A Tory MP recently managed to get a talk in parliament where people were allowed to give the opposite view to the 'accepted' one. Its quite long, but if you are bored at some stage, its well worth a read.

https://www.david-davies.org.uk/site...20Concerns.pdf

Gives opinions from a variety of people, including a transsexual woman with concerns about 'self identification'
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-11-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 19-11-2017, 12:40 AM #19

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

I know very little about the subject you have talked at some length about here Vicky, and I have found your input very informative and interesting.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 02:09 AM #20

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-madness.html

Found this interesting. Wasn’t even aware of most of them and I already thought PC was out of control!
They are ridiculous.I think this stuff is mostly an online phenomena though.I don’t encounter this stuff in my everyday real life.Most people are sensible thank god.What i do with political correctness in day to day life if I should ever encounter it is....Ignore it and carry on.If people are going to get offended by stuff like this then it’s themselves they need to look at while they’re cowering at ‘micro aggressions’ and cats eyes
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 06:02 AM #21

Yes Manfully
is a take over of a Ladys bits ,...................

In a Corner etc.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 08:01 AM #22
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
NHS directing parents of gender questioning kids to the pressure group 'Mermaids' who draw in kids at pride events with puppies and sweets and try to convince them they are trans
Quote:
Indeed. I don't care one bit if some dude wants to go and have surgeries to resemble a woman. Live and let live tbh. But when kids are dragged into it...
Can you imagine if gay guys and lesbians were trying to recruit kids? They'd be called paedos at worst, and "trying to brainwash kids into being gay" at best, and the latter happens with something as simple as a character having two mums/two dads in a tv show.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 08:08 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Can you imagine if gay guys and lesbians were trying to recruit kids? They'd be called paedos at worst, and "trying to brainwash kids into being gay" at best, and the latter happens with something as simple as a character having two mums/two dads in a tv show.

Yes I see the Problem.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 01:53 PM #24
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Of course they would. Its just mental. It s even more dodgy to me (and I am not accusing Mermaids of being pedos here mind, but I find it odd) that this group actively campaigns for puberty blockers for children. Thus...keeping them prepubescent for longer :S

I genuinely do not get why T is tagged onto LGB at all. They are nothing alike. In fact, T (ideology overall, clearly not every trans person) is homophobic in itself, which a lot of gay people seem to be realising, through various experiences with those currently under the 'trans umbrella'.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-11-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 19-11-2017, 01:55 PM #25
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I know very little about the subject you have talked at some length about here Vicky, and I have found your input very informative and interesting.
Most people know very little of it as its all been kept fairly hushed until recently. And even now its not being publicized well at all. just the odd report of transacticists physically attacking people who oppose parts of the ideology, and narcissistic arseholes like Travis who feel 'neither male nor female' and expect to change with teen girls because of this :S

This is no longer about 'born in the wrong body'. To even say the phrase 'born in the wrong body' is hugely transphobic apparently.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-11-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
az, mad, pc