Notices

Celebrity Big Brother January 2017 [CBB 19] CBB 19 [All Stars and New Stars] was won by Coleen Nolan.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #26
Cal.
Mean McLean
 
Cal.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laura sprays a bottle of ‘Shh...’ by Jade Goody at Georgina
Posts: 36,210

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
BB19: Sian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett


Default

Also the slut shaming in this thread

She's an ex glamour model ffs. It's a profession like anything else. Doesn't make her a slut in the slightest. Grow up.
__________________
LI5 | Maura | Lucie | Anton | Amber
Cal. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #27
RileyH
A great thief
 
RileyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: I live in a purple world. Lavender highs and violet lows.
Posts: 35,832
Blog Entries: 5

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
BB19: Anamelia
DOI 2019: Wes Nelson
CBBUSA2: Natalie Eva Marie


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
Also the slut shaming in this thread

She's an ex glamour model ffs. It's a profession like anything else. Doesn't make her a slut in the slightest. Grow up.
__________________



LI Amber | Molly Mae | Maura | Ovie
RileyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #28
montblanc
Senior Member
 
montblanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 12,156

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kemi
DOI 2019: Richard Blackwood
CBBUSA2: Tamar Braxton
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
Also the slut shaming in this thread

She's an ex glamour model ffs. It's a profession like anything else. Doesn't make her a slut in the slightest. Grow up.
thank you!
__________________





Spoiler:


montblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #29
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,348

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
CBB21: Shane Lynch
Strictly 2017: Alexandra Burke


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
No they can't
Then why do I see it happen and people laugh or don't take it seriously? . If a man did those things in the name of "banter" people would still question him and treat him like a pervert and you know I'm right.

And this doesn't include friends having a joke with each other , it includes situations like David Van day , if Nicola slapped his bum then everyone would be on the floor laughing .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 26-11-2017 at 03:26 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #30
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 122,641
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Then why do I see it happen and people laugh or don't take it seriously? . If a man did those things in the name of "banter" people would still question him and treat him like a pervert and you know I'm right.

And this doesn't include friends having a joke with each other , it includes situations like David Van day , if Nicola slapped his bum then everyone would be on the floor laughing .
I never see that happen
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:


Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #31
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,348

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
CBB21: Shane Lynch
Strictly 2017: Alexandra Burke


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I never see that happen
Btw im a woman myself . On reality TV there seems to be something along those lines especially on BB . Didn't a guy from Baywatch get kicked out for opening a woman's bathrobe?? , and few years ago on the non celebrity version didn't somebody get removed for flashing another man .

Now why do those people get removed?? When they were both clearly drunk AF , yet Chloe from Geordie shore or wherever the hell she's from rubbed her bare arse cheeks on one of jedward and BB just gave her a warning .

And some American girl kept grabbing callum best's private bits through his trousers uninvited yet it's okay ? , I think it's disgusting for anyone to inappropriately grab someone especially when the person is clearly uncomfortable by it . But women get a pass when they do it .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 26-11-2017 at 04:30 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #32
Ant.
#Dexit
 
Ant.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Manchester
Posts: 17,116

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett
Love Island 4: Georgia
CBB21: Wayne Sleep


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Btw im a woman myself . On reality TV there seems to be something along those lines especially on BB . Didn't a guy from Baywatch get kicked out for opening a woman's bathrobe?? , and few years ago on the non celebrity version didn't somebody get removed for flashing another man .

Now why do those people get removed?? When they were both clearly drunk AF , yet Chloe from Geordie shore or wherever the hell she's from rubbed her bare arse cheeks on one of jedward and BB just gave her a warning .

And some American girl kept grabbing callum's bits through his trousers uninvited yet it's okay ? , I think it's disgusting for anyone to inappropriately grab someone especially when the person is clearly uncomfortable by it . But women get a pass when they do it .
The thing is, Aaron didnt' just 'flash' Joel. I'm pretty sure he was whipping out his dick and I'm pretty sure his dick actually made contact with Joel (like I'm sure Aaron tried to hug Joel naked? that night was just a blur) which warrants an ejection, no way about it, especially given how creepy Aaron was being towards Joel in the days leading up to the ejection

I oddly don't remember the Calum or Chloe/Jedward moments you're mentioning, but I'll go along with them, and I'll add in an example of my own: Marnie showing her breasts right in front of Saira's face last year. All three are rude and disgusting to do, yes, but there's never been an instance were a man has been ejected for doing the same thing.

Has a man got ejected for rubbing his ass on someone? No. Has a man got ejected for flashing his chest in front of someone else? No.

I would agree fully that it is double standards if a man got ejected for doing the same things a woman has that didn't get ejected, but that hasn't happened yet. For example, a woman's never flashed or grinded her vagina onto someone else, which is why a woman's never been ejected for sexual assault.

Watching the Jasmine and Calum seen back, which was uncomfortable to watch (and Calum seemed very uncomfortable at the same time), my only possible reason as to why Jasmine wasn't ejected was because Calum didn't react, unlike Chloe in CBB15. If Calum reacted, then no doubt Jasmine would've gotten into ****, and I'm sure if Chloe didn't react to Jeremy opening her robe, Jeremy wouldn't have been ejected. Jeremy was probably removed because Chloe would've obviously felt very uneasy being around him rather than the fact he sexually assaulted her, if Jasmine remaining in the house after doing a similar thing to Calum is to go by.

That said, double standards do exist, and I'm not saying men aren't victims of sexual assault - at all. Just that there's never been a situation that parallels between two sexes on BB which suggest there is a double standard. Plus, I don't really see how double standards against men is an argument to be made here. This was clearly sexual harrassment, and if the roles were reversed, it still would be, even if people disagreed. But rather than making an issue over something hypothetical, e.g. "people wouldn't class it as sexual harassment if it was the other way around" (spoiler alert: many would), let's focus on the real issue that people truly believe she was 'asking for it' by dressing in a bikini
__________________
Ant. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #33
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,348

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
CBB21: Shane Lynch
Strictly 2017: Alexandra Burke


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
The thing is, Aaron didnt' just 'flash' Joel. I'm pretty sure he was whipping out his dick and I'm pretty sure his dick actually made contact with Joel (like I'm sure Aaron tried to hug Joel naked? that night was just a blur) which warrants an ejection, no way about it, especially given how creepy Aaron was being towards Joel in the days leading up to the ejection

I oddly don't remember the Calum or Chloe/Jedward moments you're mentioning, but I'll go along with them, and I'll add in an example of my own: Marnie showing her breasts right in front of Saira's face last year. All three are rude and disgusting to do, yes, but there's never been an instance were a man has been ejected for doing the same thing.

Has a man got ejected for rubbing his ass on someone? No. Has a man got ejected for flashing his chest in front of someone else? No.

I would agree fully that it is double standards if a man got ejected for doing the same things a woman has that didn't get ejected, but that hasn't happened yet. For example, a woman's never flashed or grinded her vagina onto someone else, which is why a woman's never been ejected for sexual assault.

Watching the Jasmine and Calum seen back, which was uncomfortable to watch (and Calum seemed very uncomfortable at the same time), my only possible reason as to why Jasmine wasn't ejected was because Calum didn't react, unlike Chloe in CBB15. If Calum reacted, then no doubt Jasmine would've gotten into ****, and I'm sure if Chloe didn't react to Jeremy opening her robe, Jeremy wouldn't have been ejected. Jeremy was probably removed because Chloe would've obviously felt very uneasy being around him rather than the fact he sexually assaulted her, if Jasmine remaining in the house after doing a similar thing to Calum is to go by.

That said, double standards do exist, and I'm not saying men aren't victims of sexual assault - at all. Just that there's never been a situation that parallels between two sexes on BB which suggest there is a double standard. Plus, I don't really see how double standards against men is an argument to be made here. This was clearly sexual harrassment, and if the roles were reversed, it still would be, even if people disagreed. But rather than making an issue over something hypothetical, e.g. "people wouldn't class it as sexual harassment if it was the other way around" (spoiler alert: many would), let's focus on the real issue that people truly believe she was 'asking for it' by dressing in a bikini
I'm going to get grief now as I never watched all of any of these BB but I read about them and still saw enough online .
I know that guy seemed to have a mad crush on Joel but I got the impression the dude was drunk AF ?? , it sounds disrespectful what he did and I'm not making excuses but alcohol does play a big part .

The Baywatch one was hard to prove as it happened in the bathroom away from the cameras, I'm not doubting he wasn't being creepy but we DIDN'T see it and again alcohol played a part in it clearly , and was her reaction justified? Who knows maybe but we didn't see how touchy feely he was .


Callum and Jasmine have a history clearly but I still find it wrong when she randomly touching and grabbing him , and he didn't help to change his Playboy image sadly because even though he was uncomfortable he said nothing and even joked about it .

But if he told her to stop I still don't think there would of been repercussions , unless they had a huge argument and I bet she'd still only get a warning .

Chloe with jedward , apparently he was very uncomfortable (don't know which twin it was) and she found it funny , and she only got a warning but I still think if a man rubbed his bum on a woman his time in BB would possibly come to an end or it would be treated as sexual harassment.


Your argument about the bikini also works for a man as well though, the way someone dresses doesn't give the green light to be groped , absolutely agree .

But men in shorts or topless Butler outfits sometimes attract horny people who can't keep their hands to themselves and it's considered funny as they think it's welcomed, when really most men don't know how to react or they're embarrassed and don't say anything .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 26-11-2017 at 05:00 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #34
Maxxie-D
Senior Member
 
Maxxie-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,818
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
X Factor 2018: Dalton Harris
CBB22: Rodrigo Alves
Love Island 4: Alex G
Default

It’s amazing to think that this was less than 10 years ago so I might sound dumb saying this but it still clearly was, a different time. I remember this series and I didn’t see David’s behaviour towards Nicola in the way I’m seeing now, although I was like 10 at the time.

If someone was doing that today though they’d be removed, or they’d at least ask Nicola if she was comfortable with it and if she remotely wasn’t then yeah he’d be gone. Tbh I do think she’s taking advantage of the situation, because she doesn’t like David and wants to see him sent down 10 years after it happened. Ik you get a lot of accusations that go a lot further back, but they usually never said anything with fear that nobody would believe them.

BUT THIS WAS BROADCAST, if she wanted to complain about it at the time she could have.
Maxxie-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #35
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,724
Default

If she had fancied him...it wouldn't have been a problem of course
rusticgal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 03:15 AM   #36
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,348

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
CBB21: Shane Lynch
Strictly 2017: Alexandra Burke


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
If she had fancied him...it wouldn't have been a problem of course
I bet people forget about Ashley Roberts grabbing Helen Flanagan's boob though .

i feel like over these past 6 years on social media and on tv and in general Sexual Harassment and feminism has become a big joke , to the point where men literally have to tip toe and gingerly be aware of everything they do and its effing stupid ! . Men are basically losing their voice and being treated badly .

Literally anyone can accuse a man of sexual harassment, and immediately people jump up and instantly believe it and that man is always seen as scum of the earth .Or it's always a case of "there's no smoke without fire" BS


Nobody looks at the bigger picture anymore and they don't focus on real issues anymore , like countries where women are still being treated like dirt and abused horrifically . Or real rapists/predators who get a light sentence /or get away entirely with the crime as their victims are left traumatised without hope.

Look at how things have vastly changed , i remember years and years ago when Lord Brocket was on IAC who was a very pompous idiot. And he randomly ran over to Katie Price and shook her boobs in his hands , i don't remember an uproar and all these years later there's still no mention of it.

And Katie Price herself has never mentioned it or if she has she obviously WASN'T that bothered by it as i don't remember it being made a deal over. And even then i was shocked by it because it was so random and cringeworthy .
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accuses, david, day, harassment, mclean, nicola, sexual, van

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts