Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:06 AM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Default Donald Trump:’My button is bigger than your button’

Donald Trump warns North Korean leader Kim Jong Un: My button is much bigger than yours.
Donald Trump has warned Kim Jong Un that he has a nuclear button which is "much bigger" than that of the North Korean leader.

In a tweet on Wednesday, the US President responded to a speech made by the North Korea leader in which he said "a nuclear button is always on my desk".

It comes as a key communication line between North and South Korea is reopened.

Mr Trump wrote: "North Korean leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the 'nuclear button is on his desk at all times'

"Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!"

The President's tweet - his 17th of the year - came after the US ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, warned Pyongyang against staging any further missile tests.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:07 AM #2
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Can't he give it a rest?

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:21 AM #3
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Indeed that's why his buttons are so easy to press

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 03-01-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:02 AM #4

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

It's all a game of words and might be funny if the stakes weren't so high.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:08 AM #5
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

who can pee highest against the wall, surely that must be the next question
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:15 AM #6
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

It's like a nightmare, really. Trump. In control. In possession of the nuclear codes for the biggest military power in the world. I don't know which is the most dangerous, Trump or that fat b*stard in North Korea.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:29 AM #7
-

-

Quote:
It's like a nightmare, really. Trump. In control. In possession of the nuclear codes for the biggest military power in the world. I don't know which is the most dangerous, Trump or that fat b*stard in North Korea.
Kim Jong as an individual because he's happy to see his people starve (which, when it comes down to it, I don't think Trump would be; if only because he'd feel like it was a personal failure) and also because I think he may well have actually launched by now if he had a military like the US at his disposal.

BUT... In practice it's clearly Trump, because NK just isn't a realistic threat to most of the world, whereas the US could literally wipe out the planet with a few button-presses. Quite terrifying, really. That said - I don't personally buy the idea that the POTUS has full control of the US military and definitely not the nuclear button. They like to pretend that he could just go to his office and fire up some nuclear missiles. In truth, quite a few people would have to be in agreement for that to happen.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:33 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Kim Jong as an individual because he's happy to see his people starve (which, when it comes down to it, I don't think Trump would be; if only because he'd feel like it was a personal failure) and also because I think he may well have actually launched by now if he had a military like the US at his disposal.

BUT... In practice it's clearly Trump, because NK just isn't a realistic threat to most of the world, whereas the US could literally wipe out the planet with a few button-presses. Quite terrifying, really. That said - I don't personally buy the idea that the POTUS has full control of the US military and definitely not the nuclear button. They like to pretend that he could just go to his office and fire up some nuclear missiles. In truth, quite a few people would have to be in agreement for that to happen.
It would be complete madness to have it any other way. I mean I don't believe that Obama didn't have the power to change the gun laws that he was very clearly against but Trump does have the Power to blow up the whole world, I don't buy that. it would be completely irresponsible and dictatorish to give one individual that much power

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 03-01-2018, 11:44 AM #9
Banned

Banned

So much overcompensation.

The sooner this fool is impeached the better.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:46 AM #10

Quote:

Yes its a Mess of words
T.S
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:46 AM #11
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:

Yeah, I believe that too. It does worry me though that he is surrounded by sycophants. I do hope there are a few thinking people between Trump and the button because he can't seem to stop himself instantly and unthinkingly retaliating on Twitter so probably best to keep him away from nuclear weapons.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:52 AM #12
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:

It's not just that. He has FBI and CIA people in attendance at all times. if he was going to do something dodgy and hot headed, they would take him out
Old 03-01-2018, 11:54 AM #13
-

-

From what I understand, it's all relatively "old" tech and when it comes right down to it, rank-and-file military technicians have to do the actual physical prepping and launching... and their orders would come down the military chain. And while I do think the bombs would start dropping if the other major players started firing, I would like to at least HOPE that those high-ranking people would simply say "OK lol that's enough now" if Trump decided to start launching nukes over one of his Twitter wars .
Old 03-01-2018, 12:03 PM #14
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
From what I understand, it's all relatively "old" tech and when it comes right down to it, rank-and-file military technicians have to do the actual physical prepping and launching... and their orders would come down the military chain. And while I do think the bombs would start dropping if the other major players started firing, I would like to at least HOPE that those high-ranking people would simply say "OK lol that's enough now" if Trump decided to start launching nukes over one of his Twitter wars .
there will be a number of nukes primed and ready to go at all times. Plenty to destroy the world in the first 5 mins. Think of subs and things where they will get an order to fire, that is initiated by the button, it still requires human intervention, its not like a direct electrical contact with a launcher.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:09 PM #15
Banned

Banned

All his threats are as empty as Kim's really. I'd imagine Trump would catch a bullet or come down with a case of death by 'natural causes' if he ever got close to initiating actual nuclear war.

Luckily enough for him, I suppose, he'll leave the oval office in cuffs and not a box.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:10 PM #16
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
there will be a number of nukes primed and ready to go at all times. Plenty to destroy the world in the first 5 mins. Think of subs and things where they will get an order to fire, that is initiated by the button, it still requires human intervention, its not like a direct electrical contact with a launcher.
Now I'm imagining a Nuclear sub where the radio crackles to life, only for Trump's voice to scream "Kim called me The Tango Man and I googled it. SAD. FIIIIRRREEE!!!!" to a bunch of bewildered Submariners.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:12 PM #17
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Luckily enough for him, I suppose, he'll leave the oval office in cuffs and not a box.
I dunno... my current prediction is that he'll tweet nonsense for another three years and then be voted out uneventfully, having neither achieved nor destroyed anything at all.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:13 PM #18
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Now I'm imagining a Nuclear sub where the radio crackles to life, only for Trump's voice to scream "Kim called me The Tango Man and I googled it. SAD. FIIIIRRREEE!!!!" to a bunch of bewildered Submariners.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-01-2018, 12:15 PM #19
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
LMAO...
Old 03-01-2018, 12:19 PM #20
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I dunno... my current prediction is that he'll tweet nonsense for another three years and then be voted out uneventfully, having neither achieved nor destroyed anything at all.
I think the investigation into his ties with Russia and the fact that most of his own party don't even want him will contribute to his premature ejection (something I'm sure he's used to) from the Oval office.

The investigation could easily have been stalled for a few years but I reckon you've got enough people on both sides of the political fence with enough sway to speed it along that hate Trump.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:54 PM #21

He's literally asking to be bombed at this point
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:02 PM #22
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
He's literally asking to be bombed at this point
its not as silly a position as you might think. If NK actually fired a nuke in the direction of the USA or Japan, the chances of it actually getting to its destination are incredibly small. However, at that point the world is behind America in sorting the problem out. Propaganda war won.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:42 PM #23
You know my methods

You know my methods

Donald schooling the porker on who got the biggest gun

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:16 PM #24
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I think the investigation into his ties with Russia and the fact that most of his own party don't even want him will contribute to his premature ejection (something I'm sure he's used to) from the Oval office.

The investigation could easily have been stalled for a few years but I reckon you've got enough people on both sides of the political fence with enough sway to speed it along that hate Trump.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:29 PM #25
-

-

Quote:

If the Russian ties are accurate, the last thing the US political establishment wants is for the rest of the world to know that Russia successfully got someone into the Whitehouse. It'll never be more than a rumour because, even when / if it's proven, it'll be buried... the best that can be hoped for is that they might use it to clip his wings, force him to serve his term without enacting anything major in exchange for letting him retire from politics without criminal charges.

The hope that they will actually put their hands up and say "Yup... our election process and the position of the most powerful leader of the world can be and has been influenced by outside forces" is unrealistic... and tbh not even desirable. The implications and the political instability it would cause would be catastrophic.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bigger, button, button’, donald, trump’my