Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:39 PM #51

They all received this treatment.... from a small minority who think they're funny on social media.

They're not a large enough group to warrant attention IMO.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:40 PM #52

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Niall
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Niall
BBUSA20: Haleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
I'll tell you exactly why - because gay people know what discrimination feels like. You as a straight, white male do not actually know what it feels like to have to deal with people criticising you because you feel a different way to the "norm." You haven't experienced the hurling of abuse or the caustic comments, the rolling of the eyes, or had to simply accept the fact that discussions like this are even needed to feel like you have a place in society that is just as equal as anything else. Gay people know what that feels like, and we know exactly how much further there is to go. And trans people have even further and so many mountains yet to climb. You may feel like we are shouting louder than needed and being oversensitive and you know what? Maybe there are LGBT people out there who should reign it in, because otherwise it makes them no better. But on the other hand, and sorry to use a rather extreme example, but straight white males or females aren't illegal in some countries. There are countries in the world that way over half of this forum cannot go to and completely be ourselves because we would be at genuine risk of being arrested, or murdered or both.
Trans people go through exactly the same as us, and then some. It's ten times worse for them because they need to actually alter their body in extremely painful and emotionally scarring ways in order to feel happy in ways that a lot of us completely take for granted. On top of that, they are subject to ignorant comments by people who genuinely have absolutely zero idea what they're talking about. You aren't made to feel like a freak, or a creature, or a skidmark on society for being who you are on a day to day basis. LGBT people are. And that's why you're going to find people fighting tooth and claw to stand up for people who have to explain themselves every single day.
you summed it up perfectly!!!
ethanjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:51 PM #53
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I'll tell you exactly why - because gay people know what discrimination feels like. You as a straight, white male do not actually know what it feels like to have to deal with people criticising you because you feel a different way to the "norm." You haven't experienced the hurling of abuse or the caustic comments, the rolling of the eyes, or had to simply accept the fact that discussions like this are even needed to feel like you have a place in society that is just as equal as anything else. Gay people know what that feels like, and we know exactly how much further there is to go. And trans people have even further and so many mountains yet to climb. You may feel like we are shouting louder than needed and being oversensitive and you know what? Maybe there are LGBT people out there who should reign it in, because otherwise it makes them no better. But on the other hand, and sorry to use a rather extreme example, but straight white males or females aren't illegal in some countries. There are countries in the world that way over half of this forum cannot go to and completely be ourselves because we would be at genuine risk of being arrested, or murdered or both.
Trans people go through exactly the same as us, and then some. It's ten times worse for them because they need to actually alter their body in extremely painful and emotionally scarring ways in order to feel happy in ways that a lot of us completely take for granted. On top of that, they are subject to ignorant comments by people who genuinely have absolutely zero idea what they're talking about. You aren't made to feel like a freak, or a creature, or a skidmark on society for being who you are on a day to day basis. LGBT people are. And that's why you're going to find people fighting tooth and claw to stand up for people who have to explain themselves every single day.
You seem to be under the misapprehension that people dont face challenges in life outwith their sexuality for some reason.

and that diatribe contains a lot of absolutes, some of which I have highlighted and i dont think you can speak for others or claim them as truth

You are just trying to justify calling people names because they annoyed you really
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:54 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
You seem to be under the misapprehension that people dont face challenges in life outwith their sexuality for some reason.
No, you seem to be under the misapprehension that because your sexuality has never been an issue or caused you to face difficulty/challenges in life that it's the same for other people. It isn't.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:55 PM #55
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

and that diatribe contains a lot of absolutes, some of which I have highlighted and i dont think you can speak for others or claim them as truth

You are just trying to justify calling people names because they annoyed you really
Well if you’re going to argue back with pedantics, a lot of the stuff you’ve highlighted there doesn’t illustrate your point of me speaking for the masses whatsoever. But it’s fine. My ultimate point is that I hope that the next time you hold TL’s hand in the street, you enjoy the feeling of not having to worry what people might shout at you or how they respond.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:21 PM #56
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
No, you seem to be under the misapprehension that because your sexuality has never been an issue or caused you to face difficulty/challenges in life that it's the same for other people. It isn't.
Nor has mine, and I'm not straight. Do LGB people still really face that much hardship, or is my little town just more accepting than others?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:27 PM #57
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Nor has mine, and I'm not straight. Do LGB people still really face that much hardship, or is my little town just more accepting than others?
Surely a quick browse on the internet will answer that question for you? Or read the news, watch the news, go on social media?
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:31 PM #58

Quote:
Do you really need to ask if your own experiences are representative of everyone?
Old 04-01-2018, 05:32 PM #59

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Quote:
I mean, LGB people are still kicked out of their homes, are relentlessly bullied, in worse yet very real cases killed, so yeah, LGB people face that much hardship
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:49 PM #60

It's literally like Ann discussing the fact she's never faced discrimination for being a woman and never felt held back in her career for her gender so using it to suggest that women in the Middle East have it nowhere near as bad as they make out.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:51 PM #61
-

-

Quote:
Do you really need to ask if your own experiences are representative of everyone?
This
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:53 PM #62
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Kellie was an arsehole... a mildly entertaining / interesting one but definitely an arsehole. So she probably had it a lot worse (including the fact everyone found her post-surgery pics hilarious on here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:03 PM #63

Post surgery, more like mid-surgery they were bloody horrific.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:09 PM #64

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you having a laugh
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:11 PM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Old 04-01-2018, 06:11 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
and that's why you're going to find people fighting tooth and claw to stand up for people who have to explain themselves every single day.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!1111111111111111111
Old 04-01-2018, 06:12 PM #67
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
Martin Luther King of the gays

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:24 PM #68

Kellie, Top 5 best ever CBB housemates. They should have put her in this time too.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:27 PM #69
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's literally like Ann discussing the fact she's never faced discrimination for being a woman and never felt held back in her career for her gender so using it to suggest that women in the Middle East have it nowhere near as bad as they make out.
Oh yeah it's "literally" identical. The Middle East is awful to live in for ... well, anyone, but especially women and LGBT people. But my hometown isn't in the Middle East, so I wouldn't compare it to there.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:20 PM #70
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie89 View Post
i was just thinking that! I wasn't on here for kellie's series and was curious if this amount of focus on the trans issue was normal

I would say with luke a though that there is generally more of an objection to trans women in society than trans men.
AND HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED BB13?!

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:31 PM #71
0_o

0_o

Kellie got MUCH worse. I remember a load of members finding Kellies post surgery photos hilarious and posting them everywhere :/
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:41 PM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Martin Luther King of the gays
Martin Luther Queen?

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:42 PM #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
AND HOW WOULD YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED BB13?!

I was speaking generally about trans men!! (and I have seen half... ish I'm continuing it soon leave me alone horribleperson.gif)

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:45 PM #74

Quote:
Oh yeah it's "literally" identical. The Middle East is awful to live in for ... well, anyone, but especially women and LGBT people. But my hometown isn't in the Middle East, so I wouldn't compare it to there.
I never compared the two on that level.

I said, if you'd bother to comprehend, it's someone blindly thinking their own experience is the same for others and dismissing others plights in a flippant manner.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 PM #75
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I never compared the two on that level.

I said, if you'd bother to comprehend, it's someone blindly thinking their own experience is the same for others and dismissing others plights in a flippant manner.
The LGBT people I know have experiences more like mine than something from the 1980s, but I concede not everyone is as lucky as we were. Even then, one was bullied, but that's because he was a twat, being gay didn't come into it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
india, kellie, maloney, receive, treatment