Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:05 PM #51
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
Oh ok, I thought you were commenting on the previous posts about her attention seeking being a possible reason for her transitioning.
I said she is an attention and she was probably an attention seeker when she was a man... and that her personality will be much the same now as then. I just don't like her, and that has nothing to do with her gender.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:07 PM #52
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Oh ok, I thought you were commenting on the previous posts about her attention seeking being a possible reason for her transitioning.

Well no I can't prove it, I don't know anything about the assessments India has had, I just consider it extremely unlikely and it puzzles me why someone would believe that side over the other side because it makes so much more sense to me.
the difference is that believing or not does enter into the equation where other critical NHS procedures are based on hard fact and evidence. Like it or not NHS services will always have to be prioritised and as such there will always be negative voices raised when something cannot be proven in black and white terms.

I don't set the priorities, but I can fully understand those that are waiting on life dependent treatment questioning priorities.

Last edited by bitontheslide; 05-01-2018 at 02:08 PM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:13 PM #53

I can understand people being seriously pissed off about NHS treatments for non life saving treatments when they have to enter a postcode lottery to get life saving cancer drugs and NHS resources are stretched to the limits. I don't think everyone who has gender reassignment will get it on the NHS - bit like IVF treatment I would imagine there are pretty stringent criteria and very much Health Authority dependent. I have a friend who has needed a breast reduction for years - she is in constant and dibilitating pain but it has been deemed "non essential" and cosmetic although they agree is has caused irreversible curvature of her spine.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:18 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I said she is an attention and she was probably an attention seeker when she was a man... and that her personality will be much the same now as then. I just don't like her, and that has nothing to do with her gender.
I know I get that now It's because it came right in the middle of comments being made about attention seeking being a possible reason for her to claim to be a transsexual/have a sex change... crossed wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
the difference is that believing or not does enter into the equation where other critical NHS procedures are based on hard fact and evidence. Like it or not NHS services will always have to be prioritised and as such there will always be negative voices raised when something cannot be proven in black and white terms.

I don't set the priorities, but I can fully understand those that are waiting on life dependent treatment questioning priorities.
I suppose I just disagree with that. It's impossible for a transsexual person to prove that they are indeed transsexual, and yet they are people in my view who require medical assistance. Not doing anything for them can be severely harmful and I think the NHS should support people like that as well as others who are able to prove they need help through it being physically obvious. They are required to go to lengths in order to be approved for treatment and I'm not really sure what else could be expected of them... unless we just leave them. And the way I see it the only justification I would be able to make for just leaving them, would be if they were potentially lying about being transsexual, and I can't get my head around that way of thinking at all.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:46 PM #55
Infraction pending

Infraction pending

Quote:
Has India been through the same Trauma as Ann? No. She didn't grow up as a woman, fighting prejudice and discrimination especially when Ann grew up. India grew up as a man with all the advantages that brings. And she is still a newsreader. A job she acquired years ago when she was a man.

She has a teenage son who she has admitted is struggling with her transition and she thought the best way to tackle that was to go on to CBB and wander around wearing next to nothing. I am tired of looking at her partially naked body. She is an attention seeker and I don't think she's going to be any kind of help to the transgender community because she's self-absorbed and obnoxious.
odd sock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:52 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
that repulsive dress the other night rather defeats the "not an attention seeker claims"

The dress would have looked awful on anyone. Man, woman, or beast.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:00 PM #57
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Has India been through the same Trauma as Ann? No. She didn't grow up as a woman, fighting prejudice and discrimination especially when Ann grew up. India grew up as a man with all the advantages that brings. And she is still a newsreader. A job she acquired years ago when she was a man.

She has a teenage son who she has admitted is struggling with her transition and she thought the best way to tackle that was to go on to CBB and wander around wearing next to nothing. I am tired of looking at her partially naked body. She is an attention seeker and I don't think she's going to be any kind of help to the transgender community because she's self-absorbed and obnoxious.
Im sick of hearing that she's brave ( did she run in a burning house to rescue a baby ? No she didn't ) she had trauma, (so have cancer patients who have had their benefits stopped and been made to take a job) has she ever lived a life where she cannot pay her bills and lost her home ? No she hasn't, she's CHOSEN to swap sex at the age of 50 ,clearly upsetting her son ... She a selfish person who has put herself before her child, she's knows nothing of real trauma
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:01 PM #58
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I can understand people being seriously pissed off about NHS treatments for non life saving treatments when they have to enter a postcode lottery to get life saving cancer drugs and NHS resources are stretched to the limits. I don't think everyone who has gender reassignment will get it on the NHS - bit like IVF treatment I would imagine there are pretty stringent criteria and very much Health Authority dependent. I have a friend who has needed a breast reduction for years - she is in constant and dibilitating pain but it has been deemed "non essential" and cosmetic although they agree is has caused irreversible curvature of her spine.
She said last night she had it done on the NHS
Old 05-01-2018, 03:01 PM #59
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
She a selfish person who has put herself before her child, she's knows nothing of real trauma
welp

She can choose to live her life as she wishes

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:02 PM #60
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
welp

Yes she can ,as long as she damn well pays for the pleasure
Old 05-01-2018, 03:04 PM #61
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
welp

And we can all judge her like Judy for disregarding the feelings and wellbeing of her son and sticking herself on telly.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:07 PM #62

Quote:
Im sick of hearing that she's brave ( did she run in a burning house to rescue a baby ? No she didn't ) she had trauma, (so have cancer patients who have had their benefits stopped and been made to take a job) has she ever lived a life where she cannot pay her bills and lost her home ? No she hasn't, she's CHOSEN to swap sex at the age of 50 ,clearly upsetting her son ... She a selfish person who has put herself before her child, she's knows nothing of real trauma
Yes lot's of people have experienced trauma, it's not a competition.

Waterhog clearly only used Ann as a comparison on the basis of India's trauma being to do with issues relating to her body, and the question being asked of why Ann doesn't view or show her body in the same way as India does. It was a perfectly reasonable comment based on the comparison already made and wasn't meant to take anything away from Ann's experiences or cancer patients!

Old 05-01-2018, 03:09 PM #63
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Its so wrong how so many treatments are basically a postcode lottery.

I don't think cosmetic surgery should be available on the NHS. I have needed a breast reduction since being about 14 and it used to seriously piss me off how I was told no yet one of my friends managed to get a breast enlargement on the NHS. Mine was for health reasons, hers was purely cosmetic. Though I do think reconstructions after mastectomies should be available.

I think being mad at the people who get treatments on the NHS is the wrong way to go though. Its not their fault that people are denied lifesaving treatment under the guise of funding being too low, whilst others are getting non-essential treatments. There needs to be a clear system in place, not changed by where you live, not pot luck...and finally, the NHS needs more ****ing funding fullstop. I do think NHS treatments should be stuff thats actually NEEDED (such as chemo) rather than wanted though, whilst funding is so low. Anything non-essential should just be done when there is the time/money rather than being prioritized and if people don't like the waiting lists, they can go private. There are actually pushes going on right now from an extremist group that advise the government (!) to say 'sex changes' are classed as essential and should be prioritized. Whilst at the same time saying that mental health help for people 'trapped in the wrong body' is 'transphobic'. Healing the mind first would make so much sense. Noone knows what the actual effects of long term hormones and such are (especially in kids) and I think so much more research needs to be going into stuff like this,m along with research into detransitioners.

Edit. heres the 'manifesto'. Makes seriously bonkers reading.

https://edinburghath.tumblr.com/post...alth-manifesto

ATH advise the government on law changes to do with trans matters. They are very clearly an extremist group, and just ridiculous self centred arseholes. Quite why anyone takes them seriously I do not know. But people clearly do. They also defend and even encourage violence.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 05-01-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:11 PM #64

Quote:

Yes i agree , where is her understanding of her son, getting yer tits out at every opportunity is hardly going to repair a fractured relationship - this is all about her getting airtime - god knows why but its certainly not about her son.
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:17 PM #65
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes lot's of people have experienced trauma, it's not a competition.

Waterhog clearly only used Ann as a comparison on the basis of India's trauma being to do with issues relating to her body, and the question being asked of why Ann doesn't view or show her body in the same way as India does. It was a perfectly reasonable comment based on the comparison already made and wasn't meant to take anything away from Ann's experiences or cancer patients!
India CHOSES to show her body
Old 05-01-2018, 03:18 PM #66
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Quote:
All of this is absolutely ridiculous. Deary me.

Last edited by Babayaro.; 05-01-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:24 PM #67

Quote:
India CHOSES to show her body
Yes? what does that have to do with what I said?

Old 05-01-2018, 03:28 PM #68
0_o

0_o

I would be happy having even half the confidence India appears to have tbh.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:30 PM #69
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I think it's great she is so body confident and she looks fabulous, her dress for entering was cute.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:33 PM #70
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Taxpayers money being used for vanity ,massive issue
It’s not vanity wtaf if wrong with you you seriously need to educate yourself on transgender issues, you’re seriously embarrassing yourself
Quote:
You've heard the NHS is struggling at the moment?
Not relevant

The scars on my mind are on replay

Last edited by Smithy; 05-01-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:34 PM #71

Quote:

Totally agree with that Livia..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:34 PM #72
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I would be happy having even half the confidence India appears to have tbh.
Yes... her confidence is quite unbelievable, especially with so many mirrors around. I have to say, and I don't mean this as an insult but as statement of fact... she has the bodyshape of a man.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:36 PM #73
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post

Not relevant
Really? I wonder what a cancer patient being denied life-saving treatment would say. Unless you are of the belief that someone with gender issues is worth more than other people.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:38 PM #74
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Really? I wonder what a cancer patient being denied life-saving treatment would say. Unless you are of the belief that someone with gender issues is worth more than other people.
So a gender reassignment surgeon is meant to provide cancer treatment are they? Because being a doctor or someone of the medical profession is all the same thing isn’t it?

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:40 PM #75
0_o

0_o

Its not the surgeons, its the funding fullstop.
Quote:
Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
india, luv, put