Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:52 PM #1
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBB20: Sarah Harding
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBB20: Sarah Harding
Default Transphobic housemates

Can’t believe all the internalised transphobia of the housemates. All of them calling India he acknowledging they don’t agree with her change then getting surprised when she relatiates. Gender dysphoria is very painful and trans suicide rates are absurd because of it and these ppl are making a mockery of it.

For example ginuine refusing to date trans people just shows he’s scared of them. Then Courtney getting Andrew to dress up in drag to upset her. Disgusting. Then conservative Ann being homophobic you can tell she also hates trans

India is strong and I hope she does the trans community proud!!
Otaka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:55 PM #2
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
Can’t believe all the internalised transphobia of the housemates. All of them calling India he acknowledging they don’t agree with her change then getting surprised when she relatiates. Gender dysphoria is very painful and trans suicide rates are absurd because of it and these ppl are making a mockery of it.

For example ginuine refusing to date trans people just shows he’s scared of them. Then Courtney getting Andrew to dress up in drag to upset her. Disgusting. Then conservative Ann being homophobic you can tell she also hates trans

She's hardly trying to make the trans community proud. She's even refused to acknowledge their work in the past that has helped her be who she wants to be.

People are allowed to dislike India. Being trans doesn't mean everyone has to like you or they're transphobic. Just like every man doesn't have to fancy her because she considers herself female.

Last edited by Livia; 09-01-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:55 PM #3
0_o

0_o

Yes, they are all dreadfully transphobic. Genuwine really does need to shag India to prove he is not

What a load of ****. They try to refer to india by preferred pronouns, and baby India constantly. They put up with the ridiculous toddler tantrums too.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:56 PM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yes, they are all dreadfully transphobic. Genuwine really does need to shag India to prove he is not

What a load of ****. They try to refer to india by preferred pronouns, and baby India constantly. They put up with the ridiculous toddler tantrums too.
She used to be a man. They're used to getting what they want immediately and being listened to when they speak. Having not grown up a woman, that wouldn't occur to her.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:57 PM #5
-

-

Quote:

get them!
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:59 PM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

I think you have uncovered some uncomfortable truths there, I think they are all transgender haters, especially Maggie and Jess. And if I am honest the level of transophobia on here from our thriving and bustling gay community has come as an unsettling shock, I think you may agree?

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:01 PM #7
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
relatiates
says it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:01 PM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Sweet Jesus shoot me now
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:02 PM #9
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Sweet Jesus shoot me now
they would if you were a transgender lady
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:03 PM #10
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Sweet Jesus shoot me now

Last edited by Fetch The Bolt Cutters; 09-01-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:09 PM #11
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
She used to be a man. They're used to getting what they want immediately and being listened to when they speak. Having not grown up a woman, that wouldn't occur to her.
Haha this is ****ing spot on really. How many 50 year old women are showered with the attention India is getting? And the Genuwine thing, India seems to not know that when women get older men tend to lose interest in shagging them anyway. This really is the issue with all of this 'I am a real woman' stuff. India has not grown up a woman, so India still acts like a 'typical man' (not saying all men are like that but many do speak over people and think attention should be on them at all times). If India had actually grown up a woman, no way would india act in the way India does and demand the amount of attention that she does. India would likely 'know her place'. I mean I am a proud feminist these days, and even I do shut up when my husband starts talking over me. Its learnt behaviour. I do try not to do it but it seems...almost innate as its something thats been drilled into me since being a very young child. Girls are meant to look pretty and give boys attention when they want it. Its very very hard to unlearn it. I try so hard to treat both my kids the same but even that...I tend to find myself telling my daughter to stop climbing as she will hurt herself, whilst allowing my boy to do it as 'thats just what boys do'. Stuff like that.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:09 PM #12

Quote:

To be honest I think that would be the only way he could redeem himself in India's eyes now......ridiculous.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:12 PM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Haha this is ****ing spot on really. How many 50 year old women are showered with the attention India is getting? And the Genuwine thing, India seems to not know that when women get older men tend to lose interest in shagging them anyway. This really is the issue with all of this 'I am a real woman' stuff. India has not grown up a woman, so India still acts like a 'typical man' (not saying all men are like that but many do speak over people and think attention should be on them at all times). If India had actually grown up a woman, no way would india act in the way India does and demand the amount of attention that she does. India would likely 'know her place'. I mean I am a proud feminist these days, and even I do shut up when my husband starts talking over me. Its learnt behaviour. I do try not to do it but it seems...almost innate as its something thats been drilled into me since being a very young child. Girls are meant to look pretty and give boys attention when they want it. Its very very hard to unlearn it. I try so hard to treat both my kids the same but even that...I tend to find myself telling my daughter to stop climbing as she will hurt herself, whilst allowing my boy to do it as 'thats just what boys do'. Stuff like that.
You cannot defy nature, India is a man who's had an op
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:13 PM #14
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
To be honest I think that would be the only way he could redeem himself in India's eyes now......ridiculous.
I do think india is genuinely trying to guilt him into shagging her. Which is from my experience, quite a typical behaviour (again, not all trans people are like that..obviously, but a significant minority clearly are) as so every single one of my lesbian friends have been guilted (or attempted to be guilted into) into doing stuff with transwomen (who have penises..not even fully transitioned) on threat of being called transphobic. Its horrendous. Google cotton ceiling if you have a good stomach...theres actually a term for how lesbians reject male bodied people and how its really wrong apparently. As being a lesbian and rejecting shagging male people is so wrong and bigoted. I am kind of glad that the attention is on a guy for once in this regard. And its shown what I have always known (and have spoken to lesbian friends affected by this about).. that guys just will not stand for it and will basically say '**** off'. whilst women feel the need to be 'nice' and 'accommodating' and basically in this instance, set their sexuality aside to please others.

Edit - link about cotton ceiling lesbophobic rubbish https://terfisaslur.com/cotton-ceiling/
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 09-01-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:14 PM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:

So Ginuine refuses to date trans people because he is scared of them. What a total load of old garbage. Stop trying to tell us all how to think! India is only as strong as her self-indulgent tantrums.

Last edited by Brillopad; 09-01-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:18 PM #16
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

"Internalised transphobia"? So they're all trans?

If she wasn't always banging on about her transition, it wouldn't be in the forefront of their minds. No-one cares much if someone is trans, and most will make an effort to respect pronouns, but when all someone talks about is their trans status, it draws attention to it. Plus, most of those who slipped up are ancient; there's no use trying to say an 82 year old bisexual woman who's spent a million years in showbiz is anythingphobic, let alone anything to do with LGBTQWERTY.

As for not wanting to date or **** a trap, that's not transphobic either, it's called being attracted to one biological sex. As someone said elsewhere on here, if you asked half the men if they would date a woman over 50, you'd probably get the same answer!

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:18 PM #17
Banned

Banned

She's not fallen victim to any transphobic behavior since she's been in there from what we've seen. People have made mistakes, yes but to brand anyone any kind of -phobic for what is genuinely a mistake is stupid and counter productive.

India wants to see Transphobia everywhere she looks because she thinks it gives her power over other HMs and keeps her the center of attention. She puts words in people's mouths in order to brand them bigoted for no good reason which is just plain malicious considering the damage accusations like that can cause.

People like her do more damage for the cause than they help and she shouldn't be exempt from criticism when she's giving people who are opposed to transgender and transsexual people ammunition to use against them.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:18 PM #18

I honestly don't think those things make them transphobic.

Misgendering happens, I've done it accidentally towards a transmale and I can say with absolute certainty it wasn't due to transphobia or not seeing him as male.

Also don't think genuine showed transphobia. I mean he didn't say why he wouldn't date a trans person but there's many reasons it could be that aren't transphobic, so I'm not sure how that conclusion could be reached? And not being attracted to someone doesn't mean you fear them. I'm gay but I'm not afraid of women

Courtney didn't get Andrew to dress in drag to upset her. They did it for fun and made sure India was aware of what was happening didn't they?

And I'm not sure how Anns views of gay rights makes her transphobic? Entirely seperate things.

Transphobia is a problem generally in society though, and yeah I think people could sometimes be more sensitive to trans issues, I just don't think these things are examples of that tbh. (Also don't think trans people should really look to India as a role model but then she shouldnt have to be one. I suppose it is good to have someone in the spotlight bringing trans issues into discussion though, even if it is India)

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:20 PM #19
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
"Internalised transphobia"? So they're all trans?

If she wasn't always banging on about her transition, it wouldn't be in the forefront of their minds. No-one cares much if someone is trans, and most will make an effort to respect pronouns, but when all someone talks about is their trans status, it draws attention to it. Plus, most of those who slipped up are ancient; there's no use trying to say an 82 year old bisexual woman who's spent a million years in showbiz is anythingphobic, let alone anything to do with LGBTQWERTY.

As for not wanting to date or **** a trap, that's not transphobic either, it's called being attracted to one biological sex. As someone said elsewhere on here, if you asked half the men if they would date a woman over 50, you'd probably get the same answer!
Someone made that point on BOTS last night. First BOTS I had actually watched this year. The last person who would be anything phobic is Amanda
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-01-2018, 02:21 PM #20
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

As for drag being "transphobic"

Wesley Snipes explains the difference between transpeople and drag queens.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:22 PM #21
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I honestly don't think those things make them transphobic.

Misgendering happens, I've done it accidentally towards a transmale and I can say with absolute certainty it wasn't due to transphobia or not seeing him as male.

Also don't think genuine showed transphobia. I mean he didn't say why he wouldn't date a trans person but there's many reasons it could be that aren't transphobic, so I'm not sure how that conclusion could be reached? And not being attracted to someone doesn't mean you fear them. I'm gay but I'm not afraid of women

Courtney didn't get Andrew to dress in drag to upset her. They did it for fun and made sure India was aware of what was happening didn't they?

And I'm not sure how Anns views of gay rights makes her transphobic? Entirely seperate things.

Transphobia is a problem generally in society though, and yeah I think people could sometimes be more sensitive to trans issues, I just don't think these things are examples of that tbh. (Also don't think trans people should really look to India as a role model but then she shouldnt have to be one. I suppose it is good to have someone in the spotlight bringing trans issues into discussion though, even if it is India)
No of course she shouldn't. Paris Lees made that point too on BOTS last night. And said she wished India could fly the flag for transpeople but...no

I have said in another thread, I don;t know why when minorities go into the house people assume they are representative of the entire group...as if minorities as one huge mass of hive minds or something
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-01-2018, 02:23 PM #22

I dont believe they are transphobic, you are using this word as a way to shut people down who just dont like her because she is not been particularly nice in her behaviour.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:25 PM #23
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I dont believe they are transphobic, you are using this word as a way to shut people down who just dont like her because she is not been particularly nice in her behaviour.
So many people talking sense in here today!
Old 09-01-2018, 02:32 PM #24

Quote:
No of course she shouldn't. Paris Lees made that point too on BOTS last night. And said she wished India could fly the flag for transpeople but...no

I have said in another thread, I don;t know why when minorities go into the house people assume they are representative of the entire group...as if minorities as one huge mass of hive minds or something
I'd hate to have the pressure of representing a whole group of people, and I'd hate to be represented by a lot of the gay men that have been housemates in the past it's natural to look to people as role models I suppose and hope they might in some way do good for a larger group of people... but realisitcally it shouldn't be an expectation of someone on big brother.

To completely contradict myself though I do think Courtney could have a very positive impact on a lot of people's views of drag queens. Probably just depends on the person and he's quite a unique case.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:39 PM #25
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I'd hate to have the pressure of representing a whole group of people, and I'd hate to be represented by a lot of the gay men that have been housemates in the past it's natural to look to people as role models I suppose and hope they might in some way do good for a larger group of people... but realisitcally it shouldn't be an expectation of someone on big brother.

To completely contradict myself though I do think Courtney could have a very positive impact on a lot of people's views of drag queens. Probably just depends on the person and he's quite a unique case.
what you have done inadvertently is state the fundamental truth. It doesn't matter what sex, gender or anything else someone is. People are ultimately judged by their character and their character alone, their individuality. There are a few bigots in the world, but they are by far a tiny minority
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
housemates, transphobic