Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 26-01-2018, 07:37 AM #1

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Default Doesn't like to see other people touching

What is clear to me about Ann is that she is not comfortable viewing other peoples displays of affection and physical touching and sexualised play. This isn't' specific to men with men, it's any people. CBB is a television show but at the moment Ann is living inside it and she is fully allowed to feel this way and to be uncomfortable. That isn't a crime, she isn't hurting anyone else.

My own grandmother was the same, she didn't like you draping all over each other in her presence. She wouldn't have wanted to watch me kissing anyone or lap sitting or anything like that. I think this discomfort stemmed from her own life and being raised at a time when people didn't display public affection.

In 2018 we have almost shifted to the other end of the spectrum when you look at shows like Geordie Shore where people have a lot of casual sex on tv. Even BB and CBB have been all about the showmances, and people jumping into bed together.

In some ways Ann's disapproval comes from a different time when moral standards were different but it does make you wonder if society has gone a bit far in the wrong direction with this. Maybe to a degree she has a point. We have almost become immune to the degree of sexuality we are viewing on TV.

If I'm honest I watch BB for the drams and I enjoy seeing the social experiment side to it which has had a wonderful reboot in this years show. But I can't say I really enjoy seeing some Towie/Geordie bird with her tits out or Wayne Sleep's todger. I'd be mortified if I was watching one of my kids behaving in the same way. I'm not even a prude but it isn't what keeps me interested and it's not what I watch for so I can kind of understand Ann to a point not wanting to watch all that stuff, particularly live and right in front of her.

I think a lot of the people criticising her are on the wrong track and a lot of people are influenced by what they've read about her long past voting inclinations in her job as an MP. Even there some of the influence is without the context of her reasoning behind how she voted at the time. She doesn't have an ism or a phobia, she is old fashioned and the product of a different generation.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 26-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:36 AM #2
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
What is clear to me about Ann is that she is not comfortable viewing other peoples displays of affection and physical touching and sexualised play. This isn't' specific to men with men, it's any people. CBB is a television show but at the moment Ann is living inside it and she is fully allowed to feel this way and to be uncomfortable. That isn't a crime, she isn't hurting anyone else.

My own grandmother was the same, she didn't like you draping all over each other in her presence. She wouldn't have wanted to watch me kissing anyone or lap sitting or anything like that. I think this discomfort stemmed from her own life and being raised at a time when people didn't display public affection.

In 2018 we have almost shifted to the other end of the spectrum when you look at shows like Geordie Shore where people have a lot of casual sex on tv. Even BB and CBB have been all about the showmances, and people jumping into bed together.

In some ways Ann's disapproval comes from a different time when moral standards were different but it does make you wonder if society has gone a bit far in the wrong direction with this. Maybe to a degree she has a point. We have almost become immune to the degree of sexuality we are viewing on TV.

If I'm honest I watch BB for the drams and I enjoy seeing the social experiment side to it which has had a wonderful reboot in this years show. But I can't say I really enjoy seeing some Towie/Geordie bird with her tits out or Wayne Sleep's todger. I'd be mortified if I was watching one of my kids behaving in the same way. I'm not even a prude but it isn't what keeps me interested and it's not what I watch for so I can kind of understand Ann to a point not wanting to watch all that stuff, particularly live and right in front of her.

I think a lot of the people criticising her are on the wrong track and a lot of people are influenced by what they've read about her long past voting inclinations in her job as an MP. Even there some of the influence is without the context of her reasoning behind how she voted at the time. She doesn't have an ism or a phobia, she is old fashioned and the product of a different generation.
My grown up children wouldn't dare drape all over a partner kissing and being vaguely sexual in front of me, I would soon put a stop to it
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:38 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

The irony of it all is she considered Shane & Andrew as lewd but didn't seem to kick up a fuss when Ashley was laying on top of G!!! or draped all over him like a cheap suit!double standards!
Old 26-01-2018, 09:40 AM #4
You know my methods

You know my methods

how far do the two wankers shane and andrew want to go?

Do they think sucking each others dicks in the living area is wrong - im sure they do

how about snogging - in sure they would agree that isnt good either

for them to somehow think that EVERYONE in the house sings off the same hymn sheet as they do is arrogance beyond belief

Their immature sniggering when Ann was nominating was nauseating - both need to get a proper job, a proper relationship and grow up and stop being teenagers

pathetic

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 26-01-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: twats
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:42 AM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sue- View Post
The irony of it all is she considered Shane & Andrew as lewd but didn't seem to kick up a fuss when Ashley was laying on top of G!!! or draped all over him like a cheap suit!double standards!
yes its the same as rolling around pretending to trib like a couple of mma lesbians on XVideos

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 26-01-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: jesus wept
Old 26-01-2018, 09:44 AM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
how far do the two wankers shane and andrew want to go?

Do they think sucking each others dicks in the living area is wrong - im sure they do

how about snogging - in sure they would agree that isnt good either

for them to somehow think that EVERYONE in the house sings off the same hymn sheet as they do is arrogance beyond belief

Their immature sniggering when Ann was nominating was nauseating - both need to get a proper job, a proper relationship and grow up and stop being teenagers

pathetic
By what Ann said in her nom theres been a lot of filth talk going on too ,and don't forget the little trip to the loo where Berty Big Bollox told Barbie not to get lipstick on him !!
Old 26-01-2018, 09:45 AM #7

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post

I know if my nan or granddad saw some of the things they show on TV now ,they would be spinning in their graves, my mom was brought up quite strictly , she wasn't allowed a bath when she had a period as it was deemed unclean , two people of the same sex kissing was never seen and would have been frowned upon , she could not wear short skirts, show any desire for pop stars etc,they were lovely people apparently,she loved them they were kind and looked after her well,but very strict especially sex wise,lots of people were like that then,Ann is no different infact she is probably a bit more liberal,but to try and label her with some of the names on here is stupid,she is just of a different generation, not everyone is comfy with watching other people fawn about over each other, she has never been nasty to anyone in the house,she has her opinions airs them and that's it,if they get butt hurt by it that their problem.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:45 AM #8
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Ann is a hypocrite. So kissing and draping yourself over someone is fine. But a bit if leg wrestling is lewd behaviour?
Old 26-01-2018, 09:46 AM #9
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
yes its the same as rolling around pretending to trib like a couple of mma lesbians on XVideos

At noms both Andrew and his bitch were doing hand gestures which looked to me like they were faking a sexual position while "innocently wrestling " did you think same ?
Old 26-01-2018, 09:47 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sue- View Post
She HAS shown distain at Ashely and Ginuwine though,so it's no different for them.

Old 26-01-2018, 09:47 AM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I know if my nan or granddad saw some of the things they show on TV now ,they would be spinning in their graves, my mom was brought up quite strictly , she wasn't allowed a bath when she had a period as it was deemed unclean , two people of the same sex kissing was never seen and would have been frowned upon , she could not wear short skirts, show any desire for pop stars etc,they were lovely people apparently,she loved them they were kind and looked after her well,but very strict especially sex wise,lots of people were like that then,Ann is no different infact she is probably a bit more liberal,but to try and label her with some of the names on here is stupid,she is just of a different generation, not everyone is comfy with watching other people fawn about over each other, she has never been nasty to anyone in the house,she has her opinions airs them and that's it,if they get butt hurt by it that their problem.
This is how i was brought up too and by God its a better way that how a lot of people are dragged up now
Old 26-01-2018, 09:48 AM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Ann is a hypocrite. So kissing and draping yourself over someone is fine. But a bit if leg wrestling is lewd behaviour?
No she is not ,she has also shown distain for Ashley and G too and some of the dirty talk

Old 26-01-2018, 09:49 AM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No she is not ,she has also shown distain for Ashley and G too and some of the dirty talk
All true
Old 26-01-2018, 09:50 AM #14
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Ann should have nominated Ashley and G for the small reason. They were kissing and cuddling.
Old 26-01-2018, 09:50 AM #15

Quote:
She HAS shown distain at Ashely and Ginuwine though,so it's no different for them.
Yes she did, she spoke to Ashley about it as well.
Old 26-01-2018, 09:51 AM #16
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
Yes she did, she spoke to Ashley about it as well.
But she didn't nominate them for it
Old 26-01-2018, 09:53 AM #17

Quote:
Well i dont remember them doing a lewd sex act or did they
Old 26-01-2018, 09:54 AM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ann should have nominated Ashley and G for the small reason. They were kissing and cuddling.
Ann is entitalled to nominate who she likes and for whatever reason,funny Ann has gone from your fave and a 'great' housemate to being such a terrible person,and all because she has shown Andrew up for the creepy foul mouthed thug he is , and all the while Ann saying Andrew is KIND !!!! lol, how wrong is she? never mind not long to put up with the creep now.

Old 26-01-2018, 09:55 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Maybe she likes Ashley better her choice

Old 26-01-2018, 09:55 AM #20
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well i dont remember them doing a lewd sex act or did they
A bit of leg wrestling is not a lewd act.
Old 26-01-2018, 09:57 AM #21

Quote:
A bit of leg wrestling is not a lewd act.
I dont know if we saw all that they were up too tbh but it was Ann's opinion it was so she can only say how she felt about it.

Last edited by Ellen; 26-01-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:58 AM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I dont know if we saw all that they were up too tbh but it was Ann's opinion it was so she can only say how she felt about it.
She didn't like the dirty talk either.

Old 26-01-2018, 09:59 AM #23
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
People have done much worse in the past, but never got nominated for it. Remember Bb5? Some of the ladies used it go round topless.
Old 26-01-2018, 10:01 AM #24
You know my methods

You know my methods

Ashley and Elgin did not do that to wind Ann up and THAT is the difference

Shane J and Andrew think they are superior to Ann because their "views" are that of the perceived majority and being immature they think this allows them to hate on her.

Shane started the show as a wise head on young shoulders but sadly the veil slipped and he is a nasty bigot and woman hater like Andrew
Old 26-01-2018, 10:03 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
People have done much worse in the past, but never got nominated for it. Remember Bb5? Some of the ladies used it go round topless.
This BB s supposed to have gone back to a social experiment,why is Ann not allowed to nominate them when all the other girls did

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ann, people, touching, widdecombe