Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

View Poll Results: What do you think of Amanda after tonight?
I love her more 37 49.33%
I love her more
37 49.33%
I don’t like her now 23 30.67%
I don’t like her now
23 30.67%
My opinion hasn’t changed 15 20.00%
My opinion hasn’t changed
15 20.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-01-2018, 09:37 PM #26
Rule #1: Never Be #2

Amanda(with gallons!) absolutely ran rings around the drag clown..and ripped his "game" to shreds in seconds.

FINALLY we got someone willing to call out the desperate drag clown act. Throughout the ep we seen him bringing up "the community" again..letting us know "villain Ann's" hurtful views/comments aren't actually hurting or affecting him in any way(cos he's a big strong she-man, you see..) but he's worried for the "young community" out there Another Michelle Visage bull****ter = desperate to use an entire community to fuel their own state of self-importance. How lovely it was to see the vastly experienced Amanda put that little desperate pup in his place, completely exposing his ridiculous act(the dropping of the skirt etc) while the moron squirmed with Casper complexion facial expressions that SCREAMED> fu(k, she's exposing me for the desperate pig I am.
Pro Sniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:38 PM #27

Amanda is fantastic. I love her more.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:41 PM #28

her attitude - just fantastic.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:47 PM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

I'm mixed tbh

I find it really... odd that Shane J is bringing up Ann's views and voting in parliament again now after 3 weeks (he may have brought it up every day in the other 23 hours we don't see yes, but he's always remained somewhat civil and friendly with Ann and defended her until this point) and part of me wants to believe that it's simply for votes because it's the final week, but intentions aside he does hold some points

Ann Widdecombe is a bit of an enigma when I consider the fact that I have an issue with homophobic housemates. However Ann has been very respectful and never forced her opinion on anyone (in the house! I'll get back to this in a minute), only mentioning it when asked, and her opinions were very traditional in the sense of, "marriage is for family - a mother and father", and this is something she practices, so she isn't just half-assing some excuse to be homophobic (I do believe it's a pathetic excuse, however it's a very traditional one that she has grown up with, and while it's not impossible to overcome what you've been taught and raised what is right, I imagine it could be difficult). From what we've seen, Ann has never had an issue with Amanda/Wayne/Shane J (at least, because of their sexuality), except maybe Shane J for his wrestling, and even then I believe that's more her being uncomfortable by any forms of affection/anything suggestive (seeing how she winced and Ashley mentioning her tanning naked is an example of this)

With this in mind, I like and enjoy Ann. On the most part, she's entertaining, and I've learnt to take housemates at face value and enjoy them for what happens in the house, so in this aspect I agree with Amanda

However, this isn't simply a tweet from years ago, Ann voted against LGBT laws for years, and while yes, we're in a democracy and we should accept opposing political views, it doesn't mean Ann shouldn't be subject to criticism. She's not said she's changed her mind on the views, and on that basis, it's pretty much confirmed that she would vote the same again. In which case, I do agree with Shane that she is difficult to support because well.... she was opposed to virtually all lgbt rights and if she had her way, Amanda wouldn't have her marriage - that's a valid point. I think Shane's downfall was the buildup to the argument in which he'd bitch about Ann about her point of view, but everyone's guilty of a bit of bitching and it's more so that 99% of the time he'll confront people when it comes to issues he has.

Amanda walking out without giving Shane a proper chance was a tad :/ to me AND I fail to see how the wardrobe malfunction was relevant, but I commend her ability to look past Ann's views and take her for who she is.

That's not to say everyone should do that and people have every right to be opposed to Ann, but I think where I disagree with Shane is how he was bitchy and it felt like he was trying to turn Amanda and Wayne against Ann? I hope I'm wrong and he was just curious and wanted to be educated on how and why they're friends with her despite her history
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:50 PM #30
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

I think the skirt thing was obviously on purpose, but drag queens are entertainers so of course he'd do something he thought was funny. But bragging about it before doing it again "my skirt came off guys, TEEHEEHEE" was extra

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 10:45 PM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDERBOY View Post
She was obviously drunk as her nonsense about his entrance proved.

For anyone of Wayne's age to say they didn't know about Anne's voting record against gay people is astounding and probably a lie, Amanda wouldn't be able to marry if Ann had her way, a couple of pet gays really.
Very good points.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 10:47 PM #32

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

I loved her tonight.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 10:48 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Very good points.
Amanda was quite happy as she was. She is quite OK with Ann too

All the rest is history.
Old 28-01-2018, 11:18 PM #34

"I find it really... odd that Shane J is bringing up Ann's views and voting in parliament again" What's odd about it? He's simply showing his desperation to blacken her name in the hope he receives support from "the community" for doing so. "Ann voted against LGBT laws for years, and while yes, we're in a democracy and we should accept opposing political views, it doesn't mean Ann shouldn't be subject to criticism." Surely a contradiction there It's like saying those who voted to remain in the EU deserve to be pilloried. The bottom line is this isn't even about any debatable views. It's simply a case of the drag clown attempting to use this situation to further his own selfish goals. His efforts to suppress/undermine legitimate views(albeit ones that don't align with the majority) was there for all to see when he tried to rally support against BIG BAD ANN. James, Sleep and Barrie were having none of his arrogant dictatorship - which left him visibly ropeable.
Old 28-01-2018, 11:57 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Me too.
She came across cold and not willing to listen.

I would not vote her to win now if she is left and Shane out early or before the final

She came across a little spiteful actually totally disregarding another persons feelings and grievances.
Amanda was in the background when Shane J and Malika were talking they weren't exactly whispering. Amanda had probably heard most of it and that it is why she was ready to shut him down.

Good on Amanda
tuesday1962 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 12:04 AM #36

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Rachel Johnson
BBCanada 6: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Rachel Johnson
BBCanada 6: Olivia

She comes of rather hurried and undignified in arguments. I don't think even she knew the point of her dress falling argument and as such had to be off as soon as she finished. Didn't affect my opinion on her though, as I hadn't really liked her before this point.
awhael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 12:56 AM #37

Her point was obvious. Which was to make it abundantly clear to him that she had his # .. and wasn't willing to be dictated to..and/or used by the self-obsessed phoney, in the way he's trying to use "the community"
Old 29-01-2018, 01:24 AM #38

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

I respect her for defending someone who wasn't there to defend herself, and she showed great loyalty to Ann which is commendable, in just the same way it was when Jonny spoke up for Ann.

I think she let loose because her irritation with Shane had been building up throughout the day, hence the conversation with Ann earlier about not allowing him to get away with the 'sniping' if it continued.

I don't agree with Ann's views, but I haven't minded her as a housemate. However, her miserable, intolerant persona is beginning to wear thin for me. Despite that, Shane did himself no favours in tonight's show in his pursuit of her, and also went down in my estimation. I have quite liked Amanda as a housemate but something about the way she has been over the last few shows is making me go off her.

I don't think anyone came off well tonight.
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 04:32 AM #39
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

I thought Amanda was very passive aggressive. I'm disappointed, because she just attacked Shane with a low blow. What the he ha s the wardrobe malfunction has to do with what they were discussing?
Old 29-01-2018, 04:35 AM #40

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
.....and you like Lapdog Shane J...what a hypocrite.
I'm glad somebody said it

And i've always liked Amanda but she's gone up in my estimation tonight . What people have got to realise is she's got alot of years on Shane J and she's experienced alot in her life, he's got alot to learn and he's very immature for a 35 year old .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 29-01-2018 at 04:45 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 05:14 AM #41
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
I still like her I just disagreed with her tonight
..yeah this really for me as well, Amy...how she approached it all and what she achieved didn’t really do anything other than create more hostility...she obviously had it on her mind of things she wanted to ‘throw at him’ so she threw them and then closed the door, in not allowing him any voice...she wasn’t interested in his voice or anything he had to say, she just seemed to want to offload so she did...the whole thing with his entrance outfit ‘malfunction’ as well was strange...I mean that had no bearing in being brought into it all..obviously it was staged, but what did that have to do with anything she felt she was trying to address..?...it just didn’t..it’s like that thing when people feel huge annoyance with someone and they ‘have a go’ and in having that go, they start screaming things like...OH AND THAT OTHER TIME AS WELL, I HAVE YOUR NUMBER HONEY..!!!!!....I don’t think she really ‘dragged’ him as such as could be described, but more stunned him with her ‘offload’ of things that weren’t relative at all but that she’d obviously been holding onto...she took on board things from Ann in a ‘I’m defending my friend and not having that’ type way and judged him for those things, whilst giving him a good old talking to about his judgements he’d made of Ann......anyway she was never going to allow it to be a two way thing, she wasn’t interested in any ‘defence’ or explanation he may have...she was just going to say her piece and then walk away...not really a good look, I don’t think and achieved nothing at all other than enhancing and aggravating ‘battle lines’...and then going back to Ann to tell her, how she’d defended her honour like a good little person, are you proud of me, Ann.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 08:58 AM #42

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

She was one of my fave HMs went right off her after last nights HL show..she did not give Shane J a chance to speak I found her rude and dismissive ugh!
Old 29-01-2018, 09:01 AM #43
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i don't like her anymore

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 09:02 AM #44
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Gone off her. Her argument against Shane's point was ridiculous and didn't make any sense

Last edited by Greg!; 29-01-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 09:03 AM #45
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Gone off her. Her argument against Shane's point was ridiculous and didn't make any sense
were she and ashley drunk again in that argument LOL

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 04:02 PM #46
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

i've actually been going off of her for a while now but i kept quiet because i wasn't sure but yeah i'm not the biggest fan of her anymore

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 04:37 PM #47
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh

Never did like her and can't stand her even more now
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 05:08 PM #48

I like her more now. She was right, he needs to speak to Ann if he has a problem and stop bitching to everyone behind her back!
Old 29-01-2018, 05:09 PM #49
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
Amanda was quite happy as she was. She is quite OK with Ann too

All the rest is history.
BENDERBOY, made his post,I agree and still agree with it.

Amanda happy as she was you state, well she wanted and got a civil partnership, so obviously and clearly wanted more than just being with her partner.

Ann actually voted against rights for lgbt partners to even just be able to HAVE that civil partnership.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 07:14 PM #50
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

I disliked her when she was rude to Ashley during the Page 3 debate for no reason, but she has totally redeemed herself yesterday

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amanda, thoughts, tonight