Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 30-01-2018, 07:18 AM #151
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
This is what annoys me, you get a lot of people who only care about Freedom of Speech when it's a one way system. 'Oh, Ann is entitled to her views! Just don't have an opinion that contradicts her or we'll make out that she's being silenced or forced into having another opinion!'

It's a two way ****ing street, if Ann is entitled to her hatred, everyone is entitled to comment on it.
calling a democratically elected MP voting in the commons as HATRED rather illustrate that the only hatred in this thread is coming via your keyboard

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 09:24 AM #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Don't be so condescending !
I know exactly what people have been saying , and i've read the same repetitive things over and over again . Its boring .

What exactly do you want Amanda & Wayne to do with Ann??? .
I don't want Amanda and Wayne to do anything!

Don't claim you know what's being said and then come out with rubbish like that!
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 09:26 AM #153

Amanda telling Shane he had to accept Ann and her views by accepting that she doesn't accept him and his views.

Amanda would fit in well on some of these ridiculous threads.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 01:15 PM #154
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
Being gay is being yourself. Look it's nice for Anne and Amanda to be friends but at the end of the day Anne voted against her friend aka Amanda being able to marry someone she loves....isn't that pretty simple and very wrong?

Imo that's just wrong.

Anyone who disagrees with that needs their heads checked.

I heart that we can all co igsuist but Anne and many people out there's views are just ****ing bigoted and bordering on hate.
Well of course, but every year we get these 'X is a bad/good representation for the gay community' when surely..most do not go in to represent the gay community to start with. IDK it seems a bit weird to me I guess. Obviously women are not a minority in the way gay people are but I cannot imagine going in and being expected to be a 'representative'. Its the same with black housemates actually..always get the 'X is making the black community look bad/good' or something when to me no, they are making themselves look bad, not a community. If that makes sense?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 30-01-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 01:18 PM #155

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Well of course, but every year we get these 'X is a bad/good representation for the gay community' when surely..most do not go in to represent the gay community to start with. IDK it seems a bit weird to me I guess. Obviously women are not a minority in the way gay people are but I cannot imagine going in and being expected to be a 'representative'. Its the same with black housemates actually..always get the 'X is making the black community look bad/good' or something when to me no, they are making themselves look bad, not a community. If that makes sense?
Totally agree, I don't think of anyone in the BB house representing any community.
Paula D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 01:22 PM #156
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula D View Post
Totally agree, I don't think of anyone in the BB house representing any community.
Me neither, it shows they have no confidence in their own personality to win the show, they have to drag a label in with them
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 01:32 PM #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Me neither, it shows they have no confidence in their own personality to win the show, they have to drag a label in with them
Amanda and Wayne had a long, long career behind them, they had no need of labels, affiliations or agendas to make them popular.
Old 30-01-2018, 01:33 PM #158

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
Amanda and Wayne had a long, long career behind them, they had no need of labels, affiliations or agendas to make them popular.
That's precisely the difference between them.
Old 30-01-2018, 02:39 PM #159
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
calling a democratically elected MP voting in the commons as HATRED rather illustrate that the only hatred in this thread is coming via your keyboard

You heard it hear folks, typing the word 'hatred' means you are just as hateful as a homophobe, excellent logic, there
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 02:44 PM #160

Favourites (more):
BB19: Zoe
BBCanada 4: Tim

Favourites (more):
BB19: Zoe
BBCanada 4: Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertocarlo
You have struck the nail on the head eloquently. Yes, had Ann got her way there would have been NO equal marriage nor age of Consent for Gay men. I cannot believe how both Wayne and Amanda shove their heads in the sand. They're a disgrace to the LGBT Community to which neither clearly now belong!
That's like saying that black people who don't spend all their time at work calling out people for racist things they said 22 years ago don't belong in the black community. Can't you see that tolerance means allowing everybody to have their own opinion and viewpoints, even when you think they're whack? I have plenty of neighbors (I live in California) who voted for Trump, and even though I'm a left wing hippie, I can still carry on conversations with them. Just because I'm heterosexual doesn't mean I have to agree with a "heterosexual point of view" on everything, whatever that would mean. I've known lots of lesbians over the years. Even though the thought of two women getting it on makes me think "YUCK yuck ewwwwwww", it doesn't bother me that they're gay, because it had nothing to do with why we were together. I once was part of a group that was concerned about police abuses, while I was living in Berkeley. Out of 20 women in the group (it was all women), I was the only straight one, but it just didn't matter. Our group didn't have anything to do with being gay/straight, but had to do with how the police were acting.

Sometimes it's just beside the point!
Chero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 02:50 PM #161

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjustin View Post
And YES they are part of the gay community and YES they are representing said community. Whether they like it or not.

Amanda especially just refuses to accept that people like Anne could have made her life very different if they had gotten their way. Just like India she refuses to acknowledge the work of gay people who have come before her. Things like this matter.

“I’m fine dear, nothing to do with me” The attitude stinks. She has lived her life as somewhat of a pampered celebrity so yeah, maybe she hasn’t been affected so much but the rights she now holds certainly have.

Shane mentioned women’s rights and the Amanda’s first response is “and men’s rights!” Says it all really. She’s the sort of person to respond to “black lives matter” with “all lives matter”. Missing the point completely.

It all makes me very sad, especially coming from older gay people.
Those older gay people, that you besmirch, spent years afraid of being locked up for their lifestyles, though you would never have thought it if you walked around the West End in the 60's, they were brave to be who they were without apology. and their 'fighting for rights' just involved them doing their own thing and not expecting everyone including Christians, Muslims to agree with them about their lifestyle, why should they give a f..k

As long as they can live their lifestyle freely, and not be persecuted, why the f..k do they need anyone to agree with it!!

Amanda's made a very good point when she said that she doesnt have to represent the 'community' she just judges people on who they are when she meets them, seems like a perfect way to live your life, to me

But noooo, the snowflake brigade are on the march and nothing other than complete agreement with the lifestyle will do

Rather like people with tattoos, or those who wear glasses they dont need, virtue signalling is the new black, and all you silly little f-ckers who have never had to fight for any freedom EVER, cause your predeccessors, gay and straight, did it for you already, including the right to screw who you like, will wear it like sackcloth and ashes until you curl up and dry!!!

Get Shane J Out and watch him cry like a bitch!
Old 30-01-2018, 02:52 PM #162

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chero View Post
That's like saying that black people who don't spend all their time at work calling out people for racist things they said 22 years ago don't belong in the black community. Can't you see that tolerance means allowing everybody to have their own opinion and viewpoints, even when you think they're whack? I have plenty of neighbors (I live in California) who voted for Trump, and even though I'm a left wing hippie, I can still carry on conversations with them. Just because I'm heterosexual doesn't mean I have to agree with a "heterosexual point of view" on everything, whatever that would mean. I've known lots of lesbians over the years. Even though the thought of two women getting it on makes me think "YUCK yuck ewwwwwww", it doesn't bother me that they're gay, because it had nothing to do with why we were together. I once was part of a group that was concerned about police abuses, while I was living in Berkeley. Out of 20 women in the group (it was all women), I was the only straight one, but it just didn't matter. Our group didn't have anything to do with being gay/straight, but had to do with how the police were acting.

Sometimes it's just beside the point!

Unfortunately todays ignorants dont care about having a point, they just squeam and squeam and squeam...............nad have mini tantrums on marches lol
Old 30-01-2018, 02:56 PM #163

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
And that was totally Amanda's point when she said she does not represent a 'community' she represents herself, and judges others on how they represent themselves, not their 'community

For me, referring to anything as a 'community' excludes all other people, and the young imbeciles in this country are now practising exclusion all over the place
Old 30-01-2018, 02:58 PM #164

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda123 View Post
And that was totally Amanda's point when she said she does not represent a 'community' she represents herself, and judges others on how they represent themselves, not their 'community

For me, referring to anything as a 'community' excludes all other people, and the young imbeciles in this country are now practising exclusion all over the place
Also excluding gay people who don't follow the "rules".

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amanda, community, gay, representation, terrible, wayne