Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 01-03-2002, 08:40 AM #1

Default Helen\'s contract

Stop Press!

Helen is on the couch this morning, and it's March 1st. Can we dare to hope she has another contract?

She's looking fine, although they have her in a pink overall with an H on the pocket, very, ' Hello my name's Tracey'! (Apols to all Tracey's out there, but you know what I mean!)

It's something to do with 'Helen's Beauty Bar', which seems to be a new feature. Not too inspiring I'd guess, but it keep s the lass in lip gloss...........
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:07 AM #2
Administrator

Administrator

ROB, when I first saw you had posted about Helen's contract I didn't know what to think, but then I spotted that you had thoughtfully put a 'thumbs up' icon beside it. Well done!!

I would have thought that, if they're launching a new feature of the show today, then this surely means that Helen has at least got an extension to her contract.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 10:16 AM #3

I was right with the lip gloss! She cheerfully waffled on about it for about five minutes.

'Guess what Lowaine? Kylie Minogue actually used this on her new vidd-e-o! It's fan-TAS-tic, isn't it? And I've got it already, and you can't even get it in the shops until Monday!

'And this eye cream, Lowaine, it costs 85 pound! Go steady, you've got abowt 5 pound worth on that finger!'

Hey, it's not rocket science, but she loves it. Really enthusiastic and chirpy. This is not a girl whose relationship is in tatters!

And yes, the ring is still on!
Old 01-03-2002, 05:04 PM #4

I agree. she does seem to love what she was doing. Chirpy,excitable and forever smiling. But today at the end of her session as Lorraine was announcing the final item.I noted a very deep sigh from Helen and the smile dropped from her face.

I don't think this is because of any domestic problems. it was more of a look of frustration due I would think to the fact that Lorraine cut short the talk in order to go to the next item before Helen had covered all of the items she was intended to talk about. Remember the shot of some products and Lorrain said we will talk about them but instead had to wind up the show. Am I being to sensitive here!!!!!
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:40 PM #5
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Well done bananarama, you just opened up the hypothetical crack I mentioned on the NO Ring for pauls welsh rarebit thread

The doubt has been given impetus to grow.

We definitely need that documentry evidence from r.borton

I would like to lay this to rest and move on to other matters, this bit of nastyness has bled across three forums and a number of threads. As it seems a person was libelled, we need this to pass the "beyond reasonable doubt" test.

Which reminds me, someone wants to borrow my copy of 12 Angry Men
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 11:53 PM #6

I think what I observed was just frustration on Helen's part for not being able to complete her routine.

If Helen was covering up a deeper problem then she is so convincing she deserves an oscar for such brilliant acting.

I prefer to look on the bright side...this time around.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:27 PM #7

Don't you think if Helen and Paul had split up, we would be hearing more than just a couple of rumours?

It would be in every tabloid rag on the front page!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we or Helen has got anything to worry about
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 02:03 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
As it seems a person was libelled, we need this to pass the "beyond reasonable doubt" test.
I'm no legal expert, but if as you said on the other post libel is a civil, not criminal offence, then the test required is not "beyond reasonable doubt", merely "balance of probabilities". I think we've got that one covered, so let's not go planting doubt ourselves.

I would attribute Helen's sigh to be one of either relief and relaxation on finishing her live item, or sulking about not deoing everything she wanted to do. We all know how Helen's face would 'drop' when she was relaxed and not excited about anything. When she was upset, she showed it very clearly. However, if Helen was covering up, then her Oscar will go nicely with the one Paul got for pretending to fancy Helen for the ratings.

Helen sounds brilliant doing her make-up bit. I wished I'd seen it, but I can imagine her saying all those things, so I'm half-way there. Thank you everyone for keeping us updated. It definitely sounds like the start of a new feature for Helen, and hopefully something where she'll be able to express more personality than during a facial.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 02:31 PM #9
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Feefs
I'm no legal expert, but if as you said on the other post libel is a civil, not criminal offence, then the test required is not "beyond reasonable doubt", merely "balance of probabilities". I think we've got that one covered, so let's not go planting doubt ourselves.
There is such an offence of "Criminal Libel" as I mentioned on the other thread.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:02 PM #10

Sorry, I misread that, but I'm not a criminal court, so I'll settle for balance of probabilities. Anyway, I expect you would also have to prove that an injured party exists anyway. An injured party will not exist if people don't go around spreading the rumours. No one believed it, so harm has been limited to those of us here who let ourselves get carried away. Please can we put this one to rest?

I don't mind people posting about nasty rumours they've spotted, but once we've established they are rumours we have no reason to believe, can we move on? Unless you are suggesting a TIBB virtual outing of heavies to the originator of that post? If you work out who it is, and he's got a London address I'll bring my binoculars and the newly repair PI bus.
Old 02-03-2002, 03:48 PM #11
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Feefs
Unless you are suggesting a TIBB virtual outing of heavies to the originator of that post? If you work out who it is, and he's got a London address I'll bring my binoculars and the newly repair PI bus.
Why make it virtual ?

If they pop up again, we get the IP address, and take action in cyberspace. Then they wil see how good their fire wall is, if they have one.

But then I would not do something so crude as to violate the 1990 Misuse of computers act.

However if their ip address can be noted , they could be blocked from certain forums.
Old 02-03-2002, 04:14 PM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
However if their ip address can be noted , they could be blocked from certain forums.
Don't give me ideas Sticks, after all I do have your ip adress.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 04:23 PM #13

I looked at the Helen feature again briefly this morning. It's called 'Helen's Beauty Bar' and Lorraine said it was going to be a weekly feature. Helen was very excited about it all, and is apparently going to be looking at the beauty secrets of stars and celebs. It is obvious she just ran out of time, nothing more sinister, so carried away was she with the intracacies of lip gloss. No, she really was. The girl LOVES talking about beauty products, and is endlessly fascinated by it.

My only concern is that the weekly feature may be all she is doing from now on. Maybe she thought she would get one longer session. Whatever, it was not a one-off, and her future on Lorraine seems secure for a little while longer at least.

Sticks, this was DEFINITELY not a girl who was feeling at all unhappy. She was effervescent.
Old 02-03-2002, 04:38 PM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
I looked at the Helen feature again briefly this morning. It's called 'Helen's Beauty Bar' and Lorraine said it was going to be a weekly feature.

My only concern is that the weekly feature may be all she is doing from now on. Maybe she thought she would get one longer session. Whatever, it was not a one-off, and her future on Lorraine seems secure for a little while longer at least.
I think this calls for an encouraging email of appreciation to the show. If this feature goes well, it could provide the opportunity for us to see Helen chatting to some of the stars about their very own lip-gloss.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:34 PM #15
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

What is lip gloss ?

The only gloss I know of is what we use for painting the doors and banisters in upmarket houses.

btw my understanding is that if you use a dial up isp, then it dynamically gives you a new IP address everytime.

Broadband users who are on all the time have an IP you can track. Also if someone is using there dial up for a long time, you can track their IP address.

Hello are you still out there
Old 02-03-2002, 05:38 PM #16

We would be if we could understand what on earth you're talking about

You lost me about three posts ago!
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 09:52 AM #17

Just a really quick post to say helen was in the studio, on the couch twice, (don't know what the first thing was unfortunately the bleeping phone rang and i didn't even get the tape in)
The second time she was in her misscheif top, looking so bubbly, pretty and happy! She is going to take the Pot idol finalists around London in an open topped bus today, report back tomorrow, and she's following this through with a daily spot up to and including the 'Grand Final' on Tuesday. So, not just the beauty bar after all, thank goodness.

p.S. Did anyone tape, or see the beginning? she was in a white coat, and I think I heard a mention of Mr Clarke, or was i imagining it?
Old 06-03-2002, 01:01 PM #18
Administrator

Administrator

Thanks for that, ROB - it's great to hear that Helen's getting more interesting assignments to do on Lorraine's programme. There's a limit to how many facials you can bear! And even more confirmation that her contract has been extended. Yay!

I take it the Pot Idol finalists are to do with the cookery competition, where Rik Waller was one of the judges. No doubt if Helen's taking them round London tomorrow, she'll be swopping fish pie and macarena recipes with them!
Old 06-03-2002, 02:36 PM #19

ROB, I set my tape this morning before I came to work so, if there's any mention of Mr. Clarke, I will get back to you tomorrow. I'm so pleased she was on today and that it's not just the Beauty Bar feature on Friday.

Sticks - Twelve Angry Men is one of my favourite videos.
Mairi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 03:28 PM #20

Hi ROB

The first part of Helen's appearance was basically the same as the second with less detail. I didn't hear any mention of Mr Clarke though! Nice to see that she is still bubbling away
Old 06-03-2002, 03:58 PM #21
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
I didn't hear any mention of Mr Clarke though!
Old 06-03-2002, 05:13 PM #22

Did you
Old 06-03-2002, 10:46 PM #23
Administrator

Administrator

Sticks - even though Helen may not have mentioned Mr Clarke on 'Lorraine' today, we're totally cool about it.

No dramas, no crises - sometimes she mentions him, sometimes she doesn't. It doesn't mean anything's wrong, but we sad obsessives just like to hear when she does it!

So chill your boots - all is well in H&P's little land!
Old 07-03-2002, 07:18 AM #24

Default helen\'s contract

same here rob set vidieo but some kind person watched something after i had set it and they changed the channel. i turned on before the end of helens part but could not make out what it was she was talking about but she looked the same old helen thankfully like someone very much in love and very muchloved
herindoors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 11:04 AM #25

Well folks, this morning Helen was shown on her open top bus tour with the 'Pot Idol' finalists, which was filmed yesterday.

She was funny, did a nice roving reporter bit, blinking on all the 'News at Ten' style bongs as she went through what they were going to do. She managed to inject a bit of fun and interest into something which frankly would otherwise have been well dull!

It was obvious the people in Trafalgar Square etc, didn't have the faintest idea what 'Pot IdoI' was.

She was completely undaunted and used the fact everyone was pleased to see her, if not these two anonymous blokes, and used her wide-eyed enthusiasm to pull it off.

You know, if she had something half decent to work on, she would be fantastic. I still think she could give Brian a run for his money on children's TV.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
contract, helen