Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 09-02-2018, 04:25 PM #1

Default First Timer

Hi all,

I've actually never watched an episode of Big Brother USA until today. I watched the first two episodes of Celebrity Big Brother USA and I have to say... I was hooked.

I really wasn't looking forward to overdramatic obnoxious American D-listers on my scren but I have to say I was proved wrong. It made me wonder... should CBB UK learn a thing or two?

I absolutely loved the launch, Julie's set was gorgeous and the video montages were superb. Most of all, there is a real competitive aspect to CBBUSA which is inexistent in CBBUK. In CBBUK they literally sit on their asses and get paid... People like Sherrie Hewson for example literally sat down for three weeks and made a fortune.

Should CBBUK get a CBBUSA revamp? (and air only once a year)
Briancbbfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:29 PM #2
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

since there's two CBB's a year it would be interesting to have the winter CBB be normal & the summer CBB be like the CBBUS style

difference in cultures though

Spoiler:

Last edited by montblanc; 09-02-2018 at 04:30 PM.
montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:31 PM #3
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancbbfan View Post
Most of all, there is a real competitive aspect to CBBUSA which is inexistent in CBBUK. In CBBUK they literally sit on their asses and get paid...
THIS has to be probably my biggest preference for BBUS. They have to really put the work in to win or get far a large majority of the time.

But CBBUK should stick to what they're doing with their format (if they stick around at all ). It's a nice change for me personally after watching the BBUS format for so long.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:33 PM #4
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault

I prefer how in it’s prime bbuk just lets people play out without intervention, and that for the most part people manipulating others is up to interpretation, whereas I swear every episode I’ve watched of bbus they just scream in ur face every little thing they’re doing relative to the game. I prefer it when it’s more subtle.

Imagine if someone like let’s say Isabelle went through every intricate detail of how she was gonna win and provoke people like lotan instead of just letting it play out? Idk I feel like the us one is far more in your face and basic, tho considering what channel 5 have done to the show in recent years might even say I prefer us in comparison.
Marches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:41 PM #5
Nah

Nah

The first season from BB USA was actually based on public vote as in original BB rules. And that was not a large success as most first seasons in different countries.
Most of BB seasons around the world worked well because it was controversial at some point. Let's not forget the first original season of BB in Netherlands was a flop until two housemates had sex and then the ratings went wild.

And since the first season in USA was not that great, CBS took the formula of something that worked very well at that time: Survivor. But in a house.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 09-02-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 08:44 PM #6

Favourites (more):
CBBUSA: Metta World Peace
BBCanada 5: Ika

Favourites (more):
CBBUSA: Metta World Peace
BBCanada 5: Ika

Briancbbfan

Welcome to the Big Brother Universe. I'm a old head in watching the Big Brother U.S.
version format of the series, and a old head from watching Big Brother Canada version.

I'm glad to hear you like the series. That makes me very happy to hear, that a person can be excited for the U.S. version of it. Yes, in my opinion it's the most aggressive version of the series. You have to really play the game to Win it.

In Big Brother U.S. it don't happen every year, but some times the player whom actually played the best game strategically Wins the Series etc etc

In Big Brother Canada in my opinion of that series, there has never yet been the Number 1 person or even the 2nd best player! to Win that series yet! All Winners of that series actually played the 3rd, 4th to 5th best game of the series, due to the Show always throwing spins that keep them in the game.

Gary should have Won Big Brother Canada 1 but loss due to a accidental vote
Godfrey, I'm sorry that kid played a hell of a game in BBCAN 3, forwards and backwards and should of Won versus Sarah, Because he had NO ONE
Technically he made it that far without a legitimate Alliance and was a Target Half the show.

Welcome to Big Brother U.S.
I hope you continue to watch and enjoy the series.

AncientEgypt
AncientEgypt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
timer