Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 AM #26
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I didn't, intelligent people don't have to tell others they're intelligent every other day.

You really shouldn't take everything people say so literally, occasionally try to read between the lines that's my advice.
I've made my concerns on here quite clear.

The fact you're against the lecturers is no surprise to me either.
Instead of asking me to read between the lines, something you yourself find impossible, maybe you should just say what you mean.

Do you get the thing about the drill sergeant now? How you accused them of sending in "drill sergeants", and then said you didn't mention anything about them "marching up and down"? That's what you said.... and now you're advising me not to take things literally... which is your default reply when you've tripped yourself up.

And yes, of course I'm against the lecturers. I'm a military widow... and you started this thread with "OPERATION CANNON FODDER", which really spelled out both your position, and your lack of knowledge, from the off.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:12 AM #27
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Or a specific type of teacher, a more say authoritarian style teacher maybe?
It could be great, I like it in one way for the leadership/confidence/teambuilding blah blah aspect, but another part of me hates it :/
That's why you started the first post with "OPERATION CANNON FODDER".
Old 07-03-2018, 01:19 PM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Instead of asking me to read between the lines, something you yourself find impossible, maybe you should just say what you mean.

Do you get the thing about the drill sergeant now? How you accused them of sending in "drill sergeants", and then said you didn't mention anything about them "marching up and down"? That's what you said.... and now you're advising me not to take things literally... which is your default reply when you've tripped yourself up.

And yes, of course I'm against the lecturers. I'm a military widow... and you started this thread with "OPERATION CANNON FODDER", which really spelled out both your position, and your lack of knowledge, from the off.
I did start with that yes and I believe OPERATION CANNON FODDER to be the governments position on this.

The mention of drill sergeants related specifically to a more authoritarian teaching method, not, and I'm sorry for confusing you that children were literally going to be marched up and down.

I am against this proposal as a mother, my perspective is very different on the issue of military service.
I don't agree with the way the forces are sold to young people and I would say this is a way to target them harder and younger.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:31 PM #29
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I did start with that yes and I believe OPERATION CANNON FODDER to be the governments position on this.

The mention of drill sergeants related specifically to a more authoritarian teaching method, not, and I'm sorry for confusing you that children were literally going to be marched up and down.

I am against this proposal as a mother, my perspective is very different on the issue of military service.
I don't agree with the way the forces are sold to young people and I would say this is a way to target them harder and younger.
Kizzy, you didn't confuse me. You contradicted yourself. It's not the same thing...

As for the way the forces are sold to young people... You agreed with the "warmongers" comment I mentioned... so you've made it perfectly clear exactly where you stand. But I expect you'll be able to justify that by saying I don't comprehend what you actually meant, whereas I think the clue is always in the words.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:40 PM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Kizzy, you didn't confuse me. You contradicted yourself. It's not the same thing...

As for the way the forces are sold to young people... You agreed with the "warmongers" comment I mentioned... so you've made it perfectly clear exactly where you stand. But I expect you'll be able to justify that by saying I don't comprehend what you actually meant, whereas I think the clue is always in the words.
I do believe that placing forces enrollment booths in schools and colleges is wrong, I do believe that a govt that would do that are warmongers looking for cannon fodder.

How much simpler do you want it?

I have clarified the drill sergeant comment for you once, I'm not revisiting that.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:45 PM #31
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
I do believe that placing forces enrollment booths in schools and colleges is wrong, I do believe that a govt that would do that are warmongers looking for cannon fodder.

How much simpler do you want it?

I have clarified the drill sergeant comment for you once, I'm not revisiting that.
I believe offering the forces as a career choice is the right one. No one's conscripting anyone and young people are not stupid.

I've said all I have to say on this thread.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:17 PM #32
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I think it's a good idea, there's not enough teachers and it's known that veterans can struggle finding another path after they leave the army. There would be loads of candidates in the army that have the knowledge and could probably teach various technology and IT classes as well as Key Skills like Maths and Science easily, just have to train them up on the act of teaching and the curriculum and such.

It's not like every ex-soldier would treat the class like it's their regiment and be extreme in handling the students. I had art and English teachers in Secondary school that were ex military and they were the most laid back teachers at that school. It's not like a cloud of Drill Sergeants are going to descend on the schools across the UK because of it.
Agree with this. Though also do not see why these bursaries are not made available to all. Would surely encourage more into teaching, which we desperately need. There really should be more attractive training packages in many many areas where we so desperately need highly qulified people tbh. Would cost a lot in the short term of course, but would be worth it in the long run surely..
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 08-03-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:01 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Bursaries are available to all in certain subjects, I may be reading more into this I saw it and all I saw was some dystopian pink floyds 'the wall' inspired nightmare

I think I'm coloured by my perception of this govt, I literally would not trust them to run a bath let alone a country. I have zero faith that they have the best interest of working class children at heart.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:24 PM #34
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Hmmmmmmmm

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...476&highlight=
Old 10-03-2018, 12:48 AM #35
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Bursaries are available to all in certain subjects, I may be reading more into this I saw it and all I saw was some dystopian pink floyds 'the wall' inspired nightmare

I think I'm coloured by my perception of this govt, I literally would not trust them to run a bath let alone a country. I have zero faith that they have the best interest of working class children at heart.
I understand your initial reaction, but to me it seems like a good idea. Ex-soldiers could be god-sent as teachers. They would be better equipped to demand discipline from kids. I mean psychologically equipped.
Behaviour kids get away with at schools today, I mean, it's just wrong.
All this treating kids like "young adults" when they are not, they are kids in the long process of becoming adult and need guidance AND boundaries. It seems many "civilian" teachers are not able to establish their authority.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:56 AM #36

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
I understand your initial reaction, but to me it seems like a good idea. Ex-soldiers could be god-sent as teachers. They would be better equipped to demand discipline from kids. I mean psychologically equipped.
Behaviour kids get away with at schools today, I mean, it's just wrong.
All this treating kids like "young adults" when they are not, they are kids in the long process of becoming adult and need guidance AND boundaries. It seems many "civilian" teachers are not able to establish their authority.
Well said!
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
military, teachers