Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:48 PM #26
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Katie calls people for the things they say and do. Just stop letting it bother you, she's not going to do harm to anybody, she's just having an opinion. She didn't say anything to or about you, so why do you care so much to throw an insult at her?
“she didn’t say anything to or about you, so why do you care so much” yeah so just because she’s not targeting me i’m supposed to not care about her targeting other people? that’s a horrible mentality to have tbh

and katie hopkins throws insults for a living, if you think that these tweets themselves aren’t prime examples of that then

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:50 PM #27
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Lewis F
beyonce of waltham forest

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F

Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
“she didn’t say anything to or about you, so why do you care so much” yeah so just because she’s not targeting me i’m supposed to not care about her targeting other people? that’s a horrible mentality to have tbh

and katie hopkins throws insults for a living, if you think that these tweets themselves aren’t prime examples of that then

Spoiler:

ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB): 6th/12

I'm a TiBB Member 4: 3rd/16 & Highest Placed All-Star (1st/8)
TiBB on Ice: 4th/15
ST☆RS (TiBB's CBB) 2: 3rd/17
TiBB OTT3: 2nd/13
Underscore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:59 PM #28
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I see more hatred for a person (Hopkins), in this thread, then I've ever seen from Hopkins to a person. Infact when Hopkins is calling someone, she does it with humour.

Who really are the hateful people?

Feel free to show your hate towards me for this post.

It takes a lot of cherry picking and selective memories to think that anything in this thread is more hateful than the **** Katie Hopkins posts on a regular basis. This is a woman who said she doesn't care if immigrants die because she thinks of them as being subhuman, She's made comments about Ed Milliband gassing his wife over the fact that he spoke about his parents escaping Nazi Germany, she's falsely accused people of being extremists and she's made horrible remarks about people with Dementia not being worth of life. That's just a little bit of the **** she says.

If you think someone calling her vile is being as hateful as she is then your outlook is skewed.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:30 PM #29
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

It takes a lot of cherry picking and selective memories to think that anything in this thread is more hateful than the **** Katie Hopkins posts on a regular basis. This is a woman who said she doesn't care if immigrants die because she thinks of them as being subhuman, She's made comments about Ed Milliband gassing his wife over the fact that he spoke about his parents escaping Nazi Germany, she's falsely accused people of being extremists and she's made horrible remarks about people with Dementia not being worth of life. That's just a little bit of the **** she says.

If you think someone calling her vile is being as hateful as she is then your outlook is skewed.
But why are you so angry with Hopkins for what she says? I don't recall you ever being that angry at people who go out on the streets shouting "death to the UK" or "death to America"

There are probably hundreds maybe thousands of people likely planning terror attacks on our citizens right now, Hopkins is no threat to the public.

I know which one you should be more vocal about, but maybe you're afraid and I can understand why.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:50 PM #30
Banned

Banned

Quote:
But why are you so angry with Hopkins for what she says? I don't recall you ever being that angry at people who go out on the streets shouting "death to the UK" or "death to America"

There are probably hundreds maybe thousands of people likely planning terror attacks on our citizens right now, Hopkins is no threat to the public.

I know which one you should be more vocal about, but maybe you're afraid and I can understand why.
Bizarre argument. You could pretty much apply that 'logic' to anything and everything, it's silly and nonsensical. Why take issues with anything when THERE'S TERRORISTS IN THE WORLD?!
Old 01-04-2018, 07:39 PM #31
-

-

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if this will get more of a pass on here because it's about transsexuals.

O look a big supprise!
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:40 PM #32
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I wonder if it gets tiring, deliberately being a **** as regularly as possible. Like that cant be easy on her personal wellbeing, surely.
I thought this^

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No that's her Buzz
she is getting thrill
I recall her on debates on TV News
But yes, this is true. Shes trying to drum up some publicity I think...to make a bit of cash given shes had to sell her house due to her comments in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Just don’t even post about her, it gives her the attention she wants
Also this...definitely.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:51 PM #33

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post

Why are some so offended at this,only last week there were nasty remarks and jokes about Chanelle Hayes being over weight and I've seen many people take the piss out of someone who looks like the first picture,what is the difference between Tibb doing it and KH Just curious.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:52 PM #34

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if this will get more of a pass on here because it's about transsexuals.

O look a big supprise!
Naughty, naughty boy.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:04 PM #35

"But yes, this is true. Shes trying to drum up some publicity I think...to make a bit of cash given shes had to sell her house due to her comments in the past"

Vicky plus the Divorce costings, as well,
is it not
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:23 PM #36

Horrible witch
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:42 PM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Why are some so offended at this,only last week there were nasty remarks and jokes about Chanelle Hayes being over weight and I've seen many people take the piss out of someone who looks like the first picture,what is the difference between Tibb doing it and KH Just curious.
It should be obvious what the difference is, KH is someone with a following, a random person on the internet calling someone fat is a twat but a powerless twat, KH does have influence on people judging by the amount of people who will pull off logic acrobatics to try to defend the fact that she's a hateful hag that's probably laughing at the people defending her because she's riding that gullible wave all the way to the bank.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:55 PM #38
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
probably laughing at the people defending her because she's riding that gullible wave all the way to the bank.
I agree with that; she showed her hand years ago on CBB in my opinion, it became blatantly obvious that she doesn't believe half of what she says... Or probably most of it. She's just playing a character at this point that she's built a career around. Like a bigoted Keith Lemon.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:59 PM #39
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Her tweets in this vein always come off as venomous. If someone wrote that about a friend, I would be mortified. So because it's a total stranger, why is it then OK? That said, I think she preferred it to be Katie Hopkins Visibility Day, so here I agree with Smithy. I don't think it should be put in a public forum or retweeted. But while on this topic, I did find some interesting things that might hint to her "motives" behind her tweet(s)...

I pulled the image up in TinEye before her tweets were deleted (I'm always curious how these things make their waves)... it's from a 3 year old story of a woman who was fired from a nursing home for being trans.

It's re-featured in the SPLC (far left organization) article in their blog celebrating TransVisibilityDay, so that's possibly how it mades it way around social media... but still, for someone who lost a libel lawsuit, it's interesting she'd abuse the image for the sake of furthering her brand. I'd argue for financial gain... but I guess because SPLC is a US organization, it's less of a libel risk perhaps? Personally, I've stopped treating celeb accounts as personal soap boxes. They're all brands in my eyes fighting for eyeballs, but in some case, actual lobbyists...I mean it's like going after conservatives for saying conservative-like things... it's what they're paid to do, so retaliating only gives them more room for relevancy.

Anyway she is a writer.. so she should be writing (not tweeting, buh). Most people seem to know her from her social media quarrels, so that's saying too much right there... I've read her articles, so it's not like she's a crap writer, but I've noticed in industries that are niche and are heavily competitive (acting, writing, journalism, TV, media, etc)... this is where a vast majority of those "professional" tweeters are writing things on social media to grab attention, because there is always a danger of being taken out by competition and becoming irrelevant. So job security is volatile... and social media is a must apparently to compete in those spaces. But that also should tell us the shallow conditions of working these industries, how quality is more than likely rated... and what their personal aspirations are actually are, and it's not changing the world.

That said, Katie Hopkins might have some personal beef with the SPLC. Especially if she is trying to make a base for herself on Youtube... they're supposedly heavily involved with the demonetizing & cleaning up of videos there and they have her pegged as "far right".

(HateWatch) The following is a list of activities and events of anti-Muslim organizations. Organizations listed as anti-Muslim hate groups are designated with an asterisk (*).
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/...im-round-32618

posted March 26

Quote:
On March 27, U.K.-based far-right anti-Muslim provocateur and former Daily Mail newspaper columnist Katie Hopkins will be giving a talk at the David Horowitz Freedom Center (DHFC). Hopkins had left the Daily Mail “by mutual consent” after giving an inflammatory and anti-Muslim speech a few months earlier at the DHFC, calling London Mayor Sadiq Khan the “Muslim mayor of Londonistan,” said U.K. political institutions were controlled by a “Muslim mafia,” and called for people to “commit to arm ourselves, not just with the help of the NRA.”
As to other reasons she may be taking a shot at the SPLC... they're fairly pro-Muslim on many issues, so she may have had other run-ins, especially since they are a lobbying group and are prone to their own smear tactics as well.

Stop treating the Southern Poverty Law Center like it's a respectable and responsible organization
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...rticle/2650327

Anyway, interesting stuff if you're ever curious where things originated from... Tineye or Google Image Search the images and sort by date. The lady in that picture likely didn't involve herself and is probably from this SPLC tweet (probably)...

Last edited by Maru; 02-04-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:40 PM #40
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

SHe insults others to make herself feel better. She’s sad and pathetic. Best thing to do is ignore her.

Thanks to Littlegreen for my lovely sig
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:40 PM #41
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
I agree with that; she showed her hand years ago on CBB in my opinion, it became blatantly obvious that she doesn't believe half of what she says... Or probably most of it. She's just playing a character at this point that she's built a career around. Like a bigoted Keith Lemon.
Hey i like Keith Lemon

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:53 AM #42
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybigbro View Post
SHe insults others to make herself feel better. She’s sad and pathetic. Best thing to do is ignore her.
Nah, she insults others as thats what brings cash in. If she stopped being this way, she would become even more irrelevant. I don't think its anything to do with making herself feel better, though I guess having extra cash in the bank would make you feel better..
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:46 AM #43
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

Quote:
I kind of agree with Alf on this,I don't mind her too much,I've seen and heard worse.
She does it for reactions so I agree with Kaz.
Barry. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:28 AM #44
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Can we just take a second here to think about how you were offended by some random woman using the term ‘transgender vegetarians’ when she was discussing quorn eaters (probs cos it applies to you?), but you’re absolutely fine with Hopkins repeatedly mocking the physical appearance of transpeople.

Super interesting imo.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:34 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Can we just take a second here to think about how you were offended by some random woman using the term ‘transgender vegetarians’ when she was discussing quorn eaters (probs cos it applies to you?), but you’re absolutely fine with Hopkins repeatedly mocking the physical appearance of transpeople.

Super interesting imo.
Who said I was offended ? I called her a silly cow as what she said didn't make any sense,that is all there is to that story,sorry Hopkins maybe a lot of things but I don't think she is stupid,stop trying to cause drama where there really isn't any.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:36 AM #46
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Who said I was offended ? I called her a silly cow as what she said didn't make any sense,that is all there is to that story,sorry Hopkins maybe a lot of things but I don't think she is stupid,stop trying to cause drama where there really isn't any.
Yep you said she was a silly cow, you defended the group that she targetted, and you implied that you was sick of trans things being discussed. Slightly different attitude when they’re being discussed in a negative light though, which is super interesting. Imo. No defending this group that were attacked? The completely opposite of calling Hopkins anything close to a silly cow. Its all super interesting really, imo.

Last edited by Withano; 03-04-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:58 AM #47
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Hopkins is an arse, what do people expect?

I will make a prediction for this Day of Trans Visibility... it will be mostly - if not entirely - populated with male to female trans people. The female to males will be mostly getting on with living their lives and without the desperate need for everyone to look at them, love them and accept them.

Last edited by Livia; 03-04-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:35 PM #48
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I will make a prediction for this Day of Trans Visibility... it will be mostly - if not entirely - populated with male to female trans people. The female to males will be mostly getting on with living their lives and without the desperate need for everyone to look at them, love them and accept them.
I think some individuals need to get beyond needing everyone elses personal appreciation in order to function. There will always be people who dislike others, often times for practically no reason whatsoever than self-absorption... and believing a #hashtag can and will change that is naive. But if it's simply celebrating their self-acceptance, then I think that is fine... we do tend teach our peers how to treat us by how we treat ourselves and others, and if the other people are good folk, then they will reciprocate that respect. Otherwise, why bother? True personal acceptance is not a hashtag... it's how we are treated and made to feel around those who genuinely care for our well-being... even if they may not agree with us on some of our beliefs, at least they are listening. I tend to associate Twitter with being tone-deaf echo chambers (aka "fart chambers")... so I can't see the purpose of wasting time trying to push around a #hashtag when you could find one or two good friends who will be a good shoulder to cry on... than to waste time to change someone's mind who will not even matter.

I dunno, maybe it's just me...

Last edited by Maru; 03-04-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:48 PM #49

Quote:
Katie calls people for the things they say and do. Just stop letting it bother you, she's not going to do harm to anybody, she's just having an opinion. She didn't say anything to or about you, so why do you care so much to throw an insult at her?
She does a hell of a lot more than comment on what people say and do.

She also is all over the TV and even giving lectures and speeches across the country (even in other countries) preaching hate.

So... we'll continue to comment on that thanks. You want to pretend nothing's happening, you do that.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:52 PM #50

Quote:

Yes, how dare they want to campaign about discrimination.

And lo and behold it's those pesky former penis owners that are the problem.

Last edited by Marsh.; 03-04-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
#transdayofvisibility, dragging, hopkins, katie