Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Announcements / Suggestions / Help Announcements from Admin, member suggestions and forum help

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:10 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default can we talk about the elephant in the room please...?...

...i’m going in a little blind here...as i’m just piecing together the current ban list and some PMs I’ve received...so apologies... i’ve tried to distance myself a bit from any ‘negative forum’ stuff...just because of the energy involved is one thing...which I just haven’t had...but also I obviously haven’t been here very much in recent times...so it can be hard to understand...which is obviously essential to ‘objectivity’....this though is heartbreaking..the ban list is heartbreaking...the role of staff atm is heartbreaking..in SD and politics particularly from what I’ve seen since i’ve been here more....

..I don’t want to dwell too much on infractions/bans etc...many things are deleted anyway..(..for obvious reasons..)...I understand that a ‘break a rule’ will incur an infraction ...and that those infractions will sometimes lead to bans etc...I completely understand that and that we are all responsible for own actions etc...but then...because of the despair felt by many staff it would seem, in recently read things of that particular section and particular thread topics etc...?...’break the rules’ will just surely be frequent inevitabilities as well though...?...because there is no enthusiasm...(...and understandably so..)...for staff to ‘de-escalate’...in ways that we’re all familiar with on this particular forum...and why we’ve always felt so supportive to a great team of staff and admin...?...

....anyways my words aren’t coming easily atm../...my thoughts are a bit jumbled with stuff i’ve logged onto...but it’s more..’where do/can we go with this’...for us all to stay together as a forum and for some resolve to possibly be reached...there is a collective of grievance or negativity, it would seem...and that’s never a good thing for anyone...TiBB has become too small of regular posters to have people leave...whatever we all as individuals feel about any grievances and how ‘valid’ they are, it doesn’t matter...we’re all going to have varied perspectives with those things...but those things don’t make any difference to how real things are being felt atm...and how they appear to be becoming a ‘collective’...which surely has to be addressed..?...I hate to go back on stuff but this isn’t the first time..(..in my time on TiBB..)...that there has been collective negatively concerning the forum...and as we know, negativity grows and gathers so quickly because people will always have ‘grievances’...and that sadly didn’t resolve very quickly at all and grew and grew before it did resolve...from my recollection, a resolve was found with a few ‘representatives’ talking things through...and possibly beginning quite hostile as well, but then if we don’t get to the bad, we can’t get to the good though...anyways, I have no idea how much I’m rambling...but...I understand why it’s not the place to discuss in threads etc...I also understand the frustrations of PMs if they’re not responded to etc...(..and the reasons for some not being responded to may be because there is ‘hostility’ also in their vein...and the thought that responding will only lead to more negative place..)...I understand it all from all perspectives...but it’s where do we go then, how can any resolve be possible..if it is a possibility at all..?...the solution (..may be..)...to create a group chat thing with a few staff representatives and member representatives ..so it’s completely controlled...and both ‘sides’ are able to communicate with each other..?...could that please be something to consider, James..?...could we not just allow any feelings of ‘hopelessness’ to continue please, James...can we not continue as a forum to allow staff to feel so deflated about attempting to moderate any sections of the forum ..or even feel ‘targeted’...can we not allow valued members to feel so dispaired also...that they consider leaving us all...can we try communication, please ...for all of those voices...this is just heartbreaking for a forum that is still so essentially beautiful in its members...all of them...
Old 05-04-2018, 08:12 AM #2
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I’m not even going to proof read that...I’m sure it’s awful in its grammar etc and this darn IPad is awful also...but surely a group chat of representatives to try to resolve, could be made...is what it’s meant to say...
Old 05-04-2018, 08:23 AM #3
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke

Oh wow, what happened? Fight night much

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:28 AM #4
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Favourites (more):

The problem mainly exits on the Serious Debates section and then of course sometimes on the main forum sections (BB/CBB) during on-season.

Last edited by Calderyon; 05-04-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:34 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..it’s not really so much the ‘problem’ though, Cald...it’s more that ‘problems’ seem to be felt and have to be acknowledged and given validity...(...from all perspectives...staff and members etc..)...so it’s more a possible solution of keeping all members and staff where they are right now...and not losing anyone...either from a team or as a member, you know...
Old 05-04-2018, 08:41 AM #6
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Default dear mods

i know SD&N subforum is a place where the most vile nasty sometimes offensive posts are, i have lots of respect for all you mods keeping this forum clean of all that

but banning members just because they had a too heated conversation, if i were a mod i would've just given a warning to them

this is only my personal opinion, and i will continue to have respect for the mods on here

i know i am not allowed to discuss this but i wanted to express my views on this matter

this thread will probably be closed but i've said what i wanted to say now

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:46 AM #7
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderyon View Post
The problem mainly exits on the Serious Debates section and then of course sometimes on the main forum sections (BB/CBB) during on-season.
Do people really take feuds on-season so seriously? If that's the case then I'm assuming that there's something much deeper going on beneath the surface than "he/she didn't like my favourite Housemate on Big Brother."

And I honestly believe that people should be careful about how much time they spend on Serious Debates as people are likely to fall out over certain political issues, especially if it's a Tory versus Labour issue as neither side can seem to understand each other or compromise with each other on issues on here, tbf it's the same on DS too and it makes their Serious Debates section really intense to keep viewing so I only use it sporadically.

KRO!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:48 AM #8

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

― George Orwell, Animal Farm

Old 05-04-2018, 08:52 AM #9
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Do people really take feuds on-season so seriously? If that's the case then I'm assuming that there's something much deeper going on beneath the surface than "he/she didn't like my favourite Housemate on Big Brother."

And I honestly believe that people should be careful about how much time they spend on Serious Debates as people are likely to fall out over certain political issues, especially if it's a Tory versus Labour issue as neither side can seem to understand each other or compromise with each other on issues on here, tbf it's the same on DS too and it makes their Serious Debates section really intense to keep viewing so I only use it sporadically.
..I don’t think any of us that might say ‘do people take these things so seriously, really..’...have never taken stuff seriously ourselves at some points and some situations, Mock......with a forum such as TiBB and the whole nature of it..we’re all here because of so many close bonds etc...so yes, with that...there will be ‘taken seriously’ as well...there couldn’t not be...we wouldn’t be human and we wouldn’t have balance with the absence of ‘taking things seriously’ at times....
Old 05-04-2018, 08:55 AM #10
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i am also sort of shocked about this Ammi, debates just can get heated and then you say things which may come over offensive and vile

i've recently started posting more in SD&N, just to chat more about the news on here either

Old 05-04-2018, 08:57 AM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

What is the problem then?

Some members just not getting along with each other?

Last edited by Calderyon; 05-04-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:17 AM #12
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
Oh wow, what happened? Fight night much
There was no fight night all those on the list had amassed too many infraction points

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 05-04-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 AM #13
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

― George Orwell, Animal Farm
Sums it up Kirk

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 05-04-2018, 09:19 AM #14
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderyon View Post
What is the problem then?

Some members just not getting along with each other?
Nope

Old 05-04-2018, 09:26 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

What is the main issue?

And what caused it?

And what is the solution to it?

Last edited by Calderyon; 05-04-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:41 AM #16
You know my methods

You know my methods

• Stop Dezzy moderating and posting in SD. He has admitted he has a huge problem dealing with people older than him and it shows. He baits, he is curt and rude and he is inconsistent. He is fine with younger people in other areas and if he wasnt a mod and the protection that brings would be a decent member.

• get rid of infractions such as "baiting" which are really just a way for mods to exercise grievances or frustrations. Its too generic and too many instances get missed (by their own criteria) that leads to frustration.

• Mods must post why they deleted an image or a post - end of. If you are going to delete posts say why it was deleted, dont delete them dont say why and then inbfract members when they post it again - madness

• re state the rules about member insults and tighten them, I am fed up reporting people for this personally.

• Rethink moderation in SD. Yes it will always be a sh1tstorm and get a little "well wait you said this and i said that" so what, let it go, no one cares and if you as a mod dont participate in SD a lot leave it to those who do.

• Wipe all infractions and start again, yesterday was just petty and vindictive and dont bother replying it wasnt as no one will believe you
  • Mods and admin reply to PMS about grievances and dont ignore them as they wont go away@James. DOnt be bloody lazy.

I dont need any member who does not participate regularly in SD to reply btw

Old 05-04-2018, 09:49 AM #17
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post

Feuds are worse offseason than onseason tbh
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:49 AM #18
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Dezzy is a great mod and he does thoroughly explain why he infracted you if you ask him.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:54 AM #19
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Dezzy is a great mod i agree with Amy, i also admire him for his Kate Bush support

Old 05-04-2018, 09:54 AM #20
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

From what I saw/see, people have began to regularly avoid the SD topic and just talk about other forum members.

Probably not the answer the banned members are hoping for, but imo, everyone should make an active effort to stop doing that.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:57 AM #21
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i'm not gonna avoid SD

Old 05-04-2018, 10:01 AM #22
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

i always feel quite intimidated in sd, lots of intelligent people

Spoiler:

Old 05-04-2018, 10:05 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
  • Stop Dezzy moderating and posting in SD. He has admitted he has a huge problem dealing with people older than him and it shows. He baits, he is curt and rude and he is inconsistent. He is fine with younger people in other areas and if he wasnt a mod and the protection that brings would be a decent member.

• get rid of infractions such as "baiting" which are really just a way for mods to exercise grievances or frustrations. Its too generic and too many instances get missed (by their own criteria) that leads to frustration.

• Mods must post why they deleted an image or a post - end of. If you are going to delete posts say why it was deleted, dont delete them dont say why and then inbfract members when they post it again - madness

• re state the rules about member insults and tighten them, I am fed up reporting people for this personally.

• Rethink moderation in SD. Yes it will always be a sh1tstorm and get a little "well wait you said this and i said that" so what, let it go, no one cares and if you as a mod dont participate in SD a lot leave it to those who do.

• Wipe all infractions and start again, yesterday was just petty and vindictive and dont bother replying it wasnt as no one will believe you
  • Mods and admin reply to PMS about grievances and dont ignore them as they wont go away@James. DOnt be bloody lazy.

I dont need any member who does not participate regularly in SD to reply btw

BRILLIANTLY expressed L.T.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:06 AM #24
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Well, I got infracted for having an opinion on this last night but I don't really care. This isn't North Korea and if I want to say something about it, I bloody will. The ban system needs a rethink, because the length of those bans compared to those that deserve it is actually laughable.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:07 AM #25
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
From what I saw/see, people have began to regularly avoid the SD topic and just talk about other forum members.

Probably not the answer the banned members are hoping for, but imo, everyone should make an active effort to stop doing that.
Indeed and its a problem that I hope you and brillo resolve going forward
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dear, elephant, mods, room, talk