Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:00 PM #76
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I honestly think it's interesting that Elsa could easily be gay as no interest in anyone at all was implied in the first Frozen film. Which is quite "progressive" for Disney in itself... Having a main character with ZERO hint of a romantic subplot. They potentially seem to be heading more in that direction as, despite having both a female and male lead, there was no hint of a romance storyline in Moana either, again going with a more "sibling-like" vibe.
I quite liked that..so many Disney films seem to be about romances so I enjoyed having one that had no hint of that stuff. So it kind of annoys me a bhit that since there was no love interest, people seem determined to introduce a love interest

Haven't seen Moana. But I would love it if more and more films stopped being about the pretty little princess doing nothing really but trying to find Prince Charming. Just seems so..old fashioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Disney is already Gay AF, What is more gay than Disney anyway? i think it makes sense that Disney embraces how gay they are. How many straight people do you know over 12 that love Disney?

I still have crushes on Prince Eric and Aladdin.
Aladdin was my first crush Wasn't til like a couple of years ago I fopund out hes meant to look like Tom Cruise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
The only reason I can think of why it would be inappropriate is if people think it would encourage kids to be gay, but surely in 2018 we've moved on from the 'being gay is a choice' way of thinking?
Well yeah..you cannot encourage someone to be gay. Transgender characters though, it really really would depend how they handled it as kids can be convinced they are trans just because of stereotypical crap. I think with trans pressure groups heading into schools to tell 5 year old kids that they may be trans if they like stuff associated with the opposite sex..we need no more of that nonsense.

Like others, I think its inappropriate for the characters in disney films to be promiscuous. Just no need at all. And I would prefer if they left Elsa alone as just a woman who does not fawn over the handsome prince or whatever. refreshing change, and hopefully more are made that way. but other characters..theres no reason at all for not having gay/bi ones. Just not my Elsa
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:23 PM #77
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I quite liked that..so many Disney films seem to be about romances so I enjoyed having one that had no hint of that stuff. So it kind of annoys me a bhit that since there was no love interest, people seem determined to introduce a love interest

Haven't seen Moana. But I would love it if more and more films stopped being about the pretty little princess doing nothing really but trying to find Prince Charming. Just seems so..old fashioned.
Well Frozen does still have the romance plot with Anna but its supposed to subvert the usual Disney tropes, too, as her "Prince Charming" turns out to be the villain, and she ends up with a "normal guy" instead.

Moana has no romance plot at all, it's just Moana herself and Maui, who is an immortal demi-god, sort of similar to the Aladdin/Genie relationship if anything. Except he doesn't really want to help her .

Its a good film though, I genuinely recommend it . I mean, The Rock sings in it. You can't ask for much more.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 09-04-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:46 PM #78
Banned

Banned

Yeah, I do like how Moana and Elsa both eschew romance all together as well.

I think it's time for a gay princess or prince though, representation and normalisation can save lives.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:14 PM #79
0_o

0_o

My daughter is constantly playing some song from it on youtube and it pisses me off so much..its not the rock though, unless hes squeezing his balls to sound like a helium robot or something
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:03 PM #80
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
My daughter is constantly playing some song from it on youtube and it pisses me off so much..its not the rock though, unless hes squeezing his balls to sound like a helium robot or something
Get your cool daughter to read every TiBB post out to you in Helium Robot (it sounds like a font)... could be funny
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
disney, gay, princesses, promiscuous