¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

It was inevitable she was never going to win over many with a YouTube series, though, she's been painted into a "bitch" corner. Same with Alexis Michelle, Derrick Barry, the Vixen... once the fans decide they hate you, they're not gonna get the same opportunities with WOW or touring that the favourites do

Her Insta is great, though, and at the rate they're burning through All Stars you'd have thought she'll have a revival one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 06:13 PM #353
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

She was very creative, never one of my favourites but I didn't really like many from S8. Would be good to see her on a future all stars

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 03:43 PM #354
Nah

Nah

Acid Betty was on the Werq the World tour in Paris. I was very surprised to see her there, so was everybody else in the crowd. Her performance wasn't great, people hardly clapped. She was a filler tbh
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 04:38 PM #355

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

We definitely need to see Acid Betty again. One of the most innovative look queens out there.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 07:33 PM #356
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

35th Place: Monique Heart (Season 10, All Stars 4) - finished 8th and 3rd respectively

The cuts are really starting to hurt, now </3

Monique was the Heart of Season 10, and is the best queen in a long, long, long time to really sell the hell out of the talking heads segments and really make a name for herself as a winning personality. In fact, I might say she's the best of all time at doing that, and that's in a season that also contained Asia, Monet, Cracker and Eureka.

I only out her now because of her pretty poor showing in Season 10 she suffered a lot from the delusion edit, thinking she should have won (or at least been in the top) for her Queen of Hearts 'Drag on a Dime' look (that, sadly, wasn't as good as Mayhem, Miz Cracker or Yuhua's), and had to rush most of her outfits together to mixed results: her 'hats extraordinary' runway was great... her mermaid... was not. Her lipsync was pretty abysmal, and her Snatch Game as Maxine Waters was, too. In fact, the only defense I can make for her is her showing in the App challenge for Fibstr where she (ironically) plays a pathological liar who believes she lives in luxury. Actually no, she excelled at the Drag Con Panel challenge, too, but was marginally upstaged by the chemistry of the Monet/Eureka/Kameron team, and Asia's hat.

She might, too, place higher, had she not MILKED the Brown Cow Stunning thing to death at the start of AS4.

But otherwise, she is a stellar queen and an absolute contender: her Jersey Justice performance was incredible and went toe to toe with Manila (which few queens fairly managed to do), and she completely redeemed herself as a lipsyncer with some incredible performances against Manila ("The Bitch is Back") and Latrice ("Sissy That Walk").

I think she might also have my favourite ever exit line (for season 10): "America, I didn't know my words and I have to own that. You may clock my lipsync, America, and you may clock, "Oh, that bitch is horrible, what the hell she doing...?" but you cannot say that the bitch didn't try. I got my ruward, I made America know my name. A little girl from Kansas City that no one knew... and that's a fact. And facts are facts."

I love Monique for about a million reasons, but I don't know a queen who's able to use words so charmingly and so uniquely.

Memorable quote(s): "Top of the morning to you. Do you want something delicious? Better off, succulent, decadent, hot and vivacious? Then you should try RuPaul's chocolate bar."
Not actually on TV but this was my first glimpse of Monique and it made me fall in love instantly: https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdrag...monique_heart/ ...
Nico Tortorella: "If you could say one thing to...
Monique: Yes, to a drag race troll? Hi. The bible says that if you **** with this one, God Himself is gonna make you a foot stool. So I want you to know no weapon formed against me shall prosper, every lying tongue shall be condemned... I'm not putting up with the bull**** and if you are about that life, I'm gonna hit your ass and then sue you like a good Becky. What's good? Imma walk away from the situation paid. So you can try it: Imma block your ass. Thank you "
Best Runway(s): Tough call, but my vote goes to her Feathers runway from S10... that was honestly as beautiful as Kameron's, IMO.
Best Moment(s): Bolting to the back of the stage ("you ain't gotta tell me, twice") when announced no one was being eliminated in AS4 (where Valentina would've gone before the lipsync episode)? Absolutely SCREAMING during the Valentina/Monet lipsync? Her confusion over which way to paint a wall with Monet in the Clubs challenge? I think my vote would have to go for the reaction to Monet's Miz Cracker read, though. (Skip to 11:10)

Remaining queens
Alaska - Alexis Mateo - Asia O'Hara - Bendelacreme - Bianca Del Rio - Bob the Drag Queen - Chad Michaels - Courtney Act - Darienne Lake - Detox - Eureka - Ginger Minj
Jinkx Monsoon - Jujubee - Katya - Kennedy Davenport - Latrice Royale - Manila Luzon - Mariah - Monet X Change - Nina Bo'nina Brown - Nina Flowers - Raja
Raven - Roxxxy Andrews - Shangela - Sharon Needles - Shea Coulee - Stacy Layne Matthews - Tammie Brown - Thorgy Thor - Trinity the Tuck - Willam - Yara Sofia

Quote:

Old 29-10-2019, 07:33 PM #357
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

34th Place: Monet X Change (Season 10, All Stars 4) - finished 6th and won, respectively

When I originally compiled this list, I did feel that I was placing Monet a little too low. Her talkshow on the BUILD Series YouTube continues to grow from strength to strength, and she possesses so many talents and a natural charisma that it felt wrong placing her outside of the top twenty.

Thankfully, that dumb Meghan McCain thing happened so I can oust her now out of spite. But seriously, there is a tendency for Monet to be a bit... dumb. And she is quite indelibly seated in that "liberal but doesn't know why" bracket; a pocket of right-on moral leanings without any real depth or inclination to explain why or articulate herself intelligently on a subject. If you listen to her podcast (Sibling Rivalry) with Bob the Drag Queen, you'll notice her time and time again just sort of getting lost in the conversation and being unable to keep up with Bob, who is far more intelligent and quick to express herself. So it can be quite frustrating following Monet as a fan and then just walking blindly into a dumb comment, or a petty outburst like eliminating Manila Luzon.

All this aside, though, Monet is one of the brightest stars in the show's recent years. If the prime of Drag Race is s4-6, then Monet is among the best of the rest. I've mentioned it many times before that Season 10 was one of the strongest of all time, and it is telling that someone as 'C.U.N.T.' as Monet couldn't even crack the top four. She didn't even do THAT badly: she had a great Maya Angelou in Snatch Game, she stood out in the PharmaRusical, she proved naturally engaging on the Drag Con Panel, and she should've won the Breastworld episode over Asia (who was good, but too brief, and the script was a mess so her lines weren't even that funny). She also could've won the Cher episode, had her glitter bodysuit not been so...meh.

Unfortunately, she did stumble twice in a row for a lacklustre Bossy Rossy episode and a shoddy, cheap showing at the climate change ball. This double strike would inevitably prove fatal later on, as even a stellar lipsync against Kameron Michaels couldn't earn a double-shantay.

In All Stars, she had a bit of a flip-flopping performance and of course the outcome of AS4 will always leave her with this awkward, unwanted mantle of "joint winner that didn't really deserve it". Almost all of her good performances were ones that intermingled well with others, so it's hard to say she really stood out; off the top of my head, she only really individually shone at the Lady Bunny Roast, but again, not as much as Manila.

I will continue to watch the X Change Rate on YouTube because, as I've said, she's so naturally engaging and conversational and great at hosting a show, but in the context of RuPaul's Drag Race, it's confusing where to place her. So I'll hope for a miracle with 34th.

Memorable quote(s): "Oh don't mind me, I'm just here to sweep up the competition, girl "
"If these hoes try to come for me, I surely will cut thee. I will not hesitate to put thou in a ditch, 'cos Maya Angelou ain't no punk bitch."
"Manila Luzon. Emphasis on lose. Twice. "
Best Runway(s): That pope look in AS4 was jaw-dropping. Also a fan of the motorcross one.
Best Moment(s): Obviously the fake-out death drop in the lipsync vs. Dusty Ray Bottoms

Remaining queens
Alaska - Alexis Mateo - Asia O'Hara - Bendelacreme - Bianca Del Rio - Bob the Drag Queen - Chad Michaels - Courtney Act - Darienne Lake - Detox - Eureka - Ginger Minj
Jinkx Monsoon - Jujubee - Katya - Kennedy Davenport - Latrice Royale - Manila Luzon - Mariah - Nina Bo'nina Brown - Nina Flowers - Raja - Raven
Roxxxy Andrews - Shangela - Sharon Needles - Shea Coulee - Stacy Layne Matthews - Tammie Brown - Thorgy Thor - Trinity the Tuck - Willam - Yara Sofia

Quote:

Old 13-11-2019, 05:47 AM #358
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

33rd Place: Nina Bo'Nina Brown (Season 9) - finished 6th

One of the most confusing queens of all time, Nina Bo'nina Brown could be one of the most frustrating queens to support in their season. Season nine ended up rather bland and with the introduction of the "lipsync for the crown" twist, it would've been fascinating to see the same Nina - who dominated episode one and had one of the most memorable entrances and styles of all time - competing in the finale with her lipsync repertoire.

Nina lipsynced three times and it's easy to forget the last one because she threw in the towel ("Demi Lovato's "Cool for the Summer"? This can't not be legendary", I said at the time) but the other two are genuine contenders for individual performance of the entire damn show. Yes, "Greedy" vs. Valentina might be infamous for another reason, but to see a pink skull-demon in a tutu absolutely boss the stage was something joyous to behold. But not as joyous as the main reason I place her this high:

That titty-shake is, without a doubt, my favourite moment in any lipsync. And that turn to the judges, perfectly in sync with the tense build-up? Ugh. Perfection.

Outside of fighting for her survival, Nina put in a handful of solid performances and truly seemed like a contender for the crown at one point: she won the Gaga Ball and was lavished with praise by the woman herself, she put in a strong Jasmine Masters Snatch Game performance, and her roast as an old church lady was pretty damn good too. Had she been on the winning team, her banter with Eureka in the "Good Morning Bitches!" show, padding with an entire joint of ham, could've landed in the top three, too. She may have become a little repetitive in the silhouette of her runways (insanely thick ass, thigh high boots, and a tiny waist) but the sheer execution of some of the makeup was honestly mystifying...

Unfortunately, Nina ended up falling out of the competition before Alexis Michelle and it wasn't exactly undeserved; she failed to prepare at all with Valentina for the Pilots episode (even if the results were cringeworthy-funny), and her bitterness over not getting Blac Chyna in the Kardashian episode spilled over into a big, upsetting puddle of paranoia, bad mental health and confrontations with the other queens. I mentioned before in the Sasha Velour writeup that I was still team Nina in all of that (because the way some just abandoned her because they "didn't have time for her damage" was... corrupt reality-TV morality at its finest) but at the same time, her head was clearly not in the game by the time she had to lipsync for a third time because of a sloppy bunny makeover (still more creative than Alexis' space bimbo but whatever )

Post-show, too, Nina has built a reputation for being messy and petty and going on Instagram Live 24/7 with something to say about queens almost all the time (that Jasmine Masters Snatch Game must've rubbed off)... and I just fear that she'll never have that big turnaround that All Stars queens surprise us with... partially because, as a queen of colour, she's not privy to the same ridiculous number of followers - and therefore paid opportunities - as the less talented, white (or white-passing) queens of her season have accrued (Farrah, Valentina, Aja).

Memorable quote(s): "Sue me "
"Somebody has to be the messy one."
"Some of the girls are saying, oh she's unoriginal, oh she's stealing her jokes-"
Shea: "who are you hearing that from, Nina? Who's saying that?"
Nina: "You "
Best Runway(s): The peach is iconic but I'd vote for her "naughty nighties" runway (even if it was more "voodoo slut")
Best Moment(s): That ONE tear causing her mascara to run in a perfect line down her face, dressed as Mary J Blige and being admonished for the Kardashian episode... ugh, HIGH drama.
Alternatively, failing to get up in Untucked from the pouffe

Remaining queens
Jinkx Monsoon - Jujubee - Katya - Kennedy Davenport - Latrice Royale - Manila Luzon - Mariah - Nina Flowers - Raja - Raven - Roxxxy Andrews
Shangela - Sharon Needles - Shea Coulee - Stacy Layne Matthews - Tammie Brown - Thorgy Thor - Trinity the Tuck - Willam - Yara Sofia

Quote:

Old 11-03-2020, 03:08 PM #359

Has this been abandoned? I was enjoying the trip down memory lane.
zrc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:47 PM #360
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Time to restart this with UK and S12 Queens I’m afraid shaun

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:05 PM #361
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

sis, this is that old that S11 queens aren't even in it

Quote:

Old 11-03-2020, 04:06 PM #362
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

How about a nice list and just a write up for the top 10

Old 11-03-2020, 04:09 PM #363
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

and since I cba to end it, the final rankings were:

32 - Darienne Lake
31 - Thorgy Thor

30 - Stacy Layne Matthews
29 - Mariah
28 - Courtney Act
27 - Tammie Brown
26 - Eureka
25 - Nina Flowers
24 - Chad Michaels
23 - Yara Sofia
22 - Raven
21 - Bendelacreme

20 - Alexis Mateo
19 - Shea Coulee
18 - Asia O'Hara
17 - Trinity the Tuck
16 - Detox
15 - Kennedy Davenport
14 - Ginger Minj
13 - Manila Luzon
12 - Shangela
11 - Jinkx Monsoon

10 - Jujubee
9 - Roxxxy Andrews
8 - Bianca del Rio
7 - Sharon Needles
6 - Latrice Royale
5 - Willam
4 - Katya
3 - Raja
2 - Bob the Drag Queen
1 - Alaska

I only have quotes for these queens in the wordfile I had, so I cba finding gifs and writing everything else up

Quote:

Last edited by Shaun; 11-03-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:11 PM #364
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Roxxxy at #9.... sweetie

Old 11-03-2020, 04:13 PM #365
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

sorry for liking the best runway queen of all time! (it's a tie with Detox but Detox had some crap S5 ones)

Quote:

Old 11-03-2020, 04:15 PM #366

I have no problems where people rank folks on their lists, it's all subjective after all. And peeps will like different queens for different reasons.
zrc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:19 PM #367
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
sorry for liking the best runway queen of all time! (it's a tie with Detox but Detox had some crap S5 ones)
Detox’s AS2 looks were some of the best EVER

Roxxxy shouldn’t be in the top 10 for her RUWU verse alone!

Old 11-03-2020, 05:30 PM #368
Nah

Nah

I was almost certain you would rank Bob first and Alaska 2nd. Good job Shaun!
Though Roxxxy higher than Manila and Shangela...but OK!

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 11-03-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:37 PM #369
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Yeah the top 5 were all really interchangeable, the only one I knew I wouldn't put top was Katya because she's a liiiiiiiittle overrated (and most of the success of her/Trixie is down to Trixie's work ethic and better comedy structure).

But it was really down to Bob or Alaska.

Quote:

Old 11-03-2020, 05:49 PM #370
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
I bet alaska wins
:firedevil:
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:57 PM #371
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):

Not Roxxy Andrews at 9.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:11 PM #372
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I still haven’t seen all of the seasons so I don’t know them all....but it looks very lovely...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:53 PM #373
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie

Roxxxy lit rally stomps on every single drag queen in terms of runway and presentation so how bout you twinks put some fookin respecc on ha name
Old 11-03-2020, 08:25 PM #374
In my nice era

Favourites (more):

In my nice era

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
Roxxxy lit rally stomps on every single drag queen in terms of runway and presentation so how bout you twinks put some fookin respecc on ha name
She'd be out early on All-stars had it not been for her friends saving her ass.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:34 PM #375
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry. View Post
She'd be out early on All-stars had it not been for her friends saving her ass.
PREACH THE TRUTH

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
108th, 109th, 110th, 111th, 113th, 114th, 115th, 116th, 117th, 118th, 119th, 120th, 121st, 122nd, 123rd, 124th, 125th, 126th, 50th, drag, place, queen, race, ranks, rupaul, shaun