Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-06-2018, 12:06 AM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I really don't think people are reading my posts. I kind of posted the OP as an experiment, admittedly. I had that super gut feeling that as soon as I posted a favorable to Trump WP-sourced article, I would get this kind of reaction. I'm like, this is going to probably be annoying for me later on to have to reply to... but man, did I win that bet.

Tbf, it's not really anyone's business who someone does or doesn't support as a candidate (imo). All our opinions are qualified, regardless of which position we take politically. I'm not suggesting the FBI is solely pro-(?)Trump. I think they are incompetent and easily corruptable. I would be just as concerned if Trump replaced the top folk there with his folk and we ended up on the other side of the pendulum...

Anyway, I'm not going to go into my political affiliations or who exactly I voted for, honestly, as it's pretty obvious what certain posts will generate as a reaction... so I'll just leave those concerned with the challenge of searching my post history, as I've already covered all that in my prior postings.
No Maru .y.ou don't get away it away with that easy...you already put your trump affiliations on the line...now put your big girl pants on and sup it up...very telling that the the trump faily have being exposed as the conmen/women that they are ...but you don't want to tlk about .....some random **** that expooses hm and his clan for what they are....Let's be clear I never asked you who you voted for in fact I don't care..I feel you are being very deceiful right now pretenting and actually if all you could take away from the scanal involvig the Trump family yesterday ..you took some random txt msgs to mean it was anti Trmp...YOU started this thread....you do exaclty what He does.......shout loud and when called out Fake news and his followers will believe

Indoctoration in the modren day west again is facinating to watch.....but if I was foolish enouh to follow hs agenda it would be Canada /Europe really biggly bad...N Korea/Rusia bigly good
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:12 AM #27
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
No Maru .y.ou don't get away it away with that easy...you already put your trump affiliations on the line...now put your big girl pants on and sup it up...very telling that the the trump faily have being exposed as the conmen/women that they are ...but you don't want to tlk about .....some random **** that expooses hm and his clan for what they are....Let's be clear I never asked you who you voted for in fact I don't care..I feel you are being very deceiful right now pretenting and actually if all you could take away from the scanal involvig the Trump family yesterday ..you took some random txt msgs to mean it was anti Trmp...YOU started this thread....you do exaclty what He does.......shout loud and when called out Fake news and his followers will believe

Indoctoration in the modren day west again is facinating to watch.....but if I was foolish enouh to follow hs agenda it would be Canada /Europe really biggly bad...N Korea/Rusia bigly good
I don't know how we are connecting these accusations with my posts? I haven't defended Trump?? There's a few policy positions I agree with him on, sure, but that has nothing to do with the investigations or the FBI? This is really off topic.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:15 AM #28

Queen FBI
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:23 AM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
You are certainly interpreting Maru's posts in a completely different way to me.

I do not believe that posters come any fairer or with more objectivity and integrity.

The mere sight of the word; 'Trump' seems to cause some people to lose all objectivity and rationality - in my opinion.
I think that's unfair of you Kirk to judge me as misintterting MARU'S Post's...Maru posted abot how she used to respect the FBI (bearing in mind many of these men/women put their lives on the line for the country)....I've done it and so has many of my family and friends but the indoctration has gone bad in the US nouw you can only respect them If they agree with you own agenda...That is now Trump supporters opinions
Old 16-06-2018, 12:33 AM #30
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:

It certainly is, you have the same narrative as the media, Hollywood and academia.
Alf is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:34 AM #31
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think that's unfair of you Kirk to judge me as misintterting MARU'S Post's...Maru posted abot how she used to respect the FBI (bearing in mind many of these men/women put their lives on the line for the country)....I've done it and so has many of my family and friends but the indoctration has gone bad in the US nouw you can only respect them If they agree with you own agenda...That is now Trump supporters opinions
Lime, I guess I will just add, there have been multiple muck ups by the FBI in the past year that have influenced my harsh opinion. Several of those being major muck ups where there had been numerous reports of domestic terrorism, for instance, solid reports of shootings that were about to occur. Nothing was done. Look up as well, the FBI had mucked up the NICS entries for firearm background checks... flubs like that are quite large

While there have been a lot of ball drops like this, when it comes to things of a political nature, they're "on the ball" so to speak, publicly and officially on the record. I'm very frustrated with this inconsistency as a citizen, because yes--while I think both these investigations should continue until their conclusion, I'm not so keen on the things I've seen in the past year that they can be done competently. That's my opinion.

So over the past year, after seeing the chain of failures and how Comey has behaved in the media, how he has conducted his investigations, I'm starting to think the FBI is more politically motivated than it should be. At best if it's not leaning dramatically in any direction, as much as the FBI feels they must put a thumb on the scale at all times... if that clears anything up.

Last edited by Maru; 16-06-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 16-06-2018, 12:42 AM #32
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Anyway, from the article... read carefully the following:

Quote:
The Justice Department inspector general on Thursday castigated former FBI director James B. Comey for his actions during the Hillary Clinton email investigation and found that other senior bureau officials showed a “willingness to take official action” to prevent Donald Trump from becoming president.
Quote:
Horowitz also concluded that there was no evidence that political bias infected Comey’s thinking, even as he criticized individual steps Comey took. The report, for example, called Comey’s July 2016 public recommendation that Clinton not be charged an “extraordinary and insubordinate” move, because Comey did not even tell then-Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch what he was about to do. But it added, “We found no evidence that Comey’s statement was the result of bias or an effort to influence the election.”
Old 16-06-2018, 07:19 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
It certainly is, you have the same narrative as the media, Hollywood and academia.
Be guite lad..noting I have said is in support of the media..nor child abusers...Hollywood....but you will stand for Trump and his ilk boasting about how they love miors....your (hero ) is going sown now lad
Old 16-06-2018, 08:19 AM #34
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

The problem as I see it is that agencies such as the FBI have special privilege due to the type of work that they do. It is difficult to hold individuals accountable for their actions due to the secrecy that they work under.

For this reason, such agencies must be seen to be working to the highest moral standards because if they don't, all trust is lost in them. I think there have been many questionable decisions made by members of the FBI in recent times, and they have lost the trust of the people they are supposed to represent. It's a big problem, and it's not going to go away unless demonstrable action is taken to resolve peoples concerns.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:24 AM #35
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Re-read my post. I don't think his behavior is correct for any investigation, regardless of what case(s) he managed.

If someone responsible for an investigation that goes into the investigator against one of my own family members maybe.. and they are caught saying in private, they want to fry 'em, etc.. I'd want them canned, as that's not the right temperament for an investigator.

Yeah I saw that on CNN's site earlier. I read his charging document and he has some fairly serious against him, so I guess he is a bit desperate
Yeah, and he was canned around a year ago as soon as Mueller found out. So other than the fact you are asking for something to be done that's already been done, I have no idea what else you're actually trying to say.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:32 AM #36
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Anyway, from the article... read carefully the following:
I can read, re-read, re-read it as carefully as you want, but we're talking about events that have already happened in those quoted bits, and we know with 100% certainty that the FBI did absolutely nothing to stop or prevent the trump campaign.

We also know that hiding trumps investigation from the public whilst holding press conferences about HRC actually helped trump, and the NY FBI were leaking information to the trump campaign to top it off.

You can't keep saying "If this happened, I'd want this" when we've already seen the results play out and know that's what happened.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:35 AM #37
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Do you have any actual opinions of your own, or are you just parroting fox? As if some dude in the north of England is concerned with "hollywood elites" and the so-called liberal media unless you've been reading it from right wing American sites. C'mon dude...
Old 16-06-2018, 10:52 AM #38
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Do you have any actual opinions of your own, or are you just parroting fox? As if some dude in the north of England is concerned with "hollywood elites" and the so-called liberal media unless you've been reading it from right wing American sites. C'mon dude...
Lime was talking about indoctrination of the West. Now if you wanted to indoctrinate people in the West, the best platforms to use would be mainstream media, Hollywood and academia. That's all I was pointing out. Nothing to do with Fox news or some dude in the North of England, what are you waffling about?

"Slim reaper get's all his opinions from CNN" See how stupid that sounds? that's how you sound to me.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:54 AM #39
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

CNN isn't too bad tbh

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 10:58 AM #40
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
CNN isn't too bad tbh
But you do admit it's bad, just not too bad?
Old 16-06-2018, 11:03 AM #41
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Lime was talking about indoctrination of the West. Now if you wanted to indoctrinate people in the West, the best platforms to use would be mainstream media, Hollywood and academia. That's all I was pointing out. Nothing to do with Fox news or some dude in the North of England, what are you waffling about?

"Slim reaper get's all his opinions from CNN" See how stupid that sounds? that's how you sound to me.
That sounds stupid because I don't parrot anything from a channel I don't watch and have no real interest in watching, whereas it doesn't sound stupid if an English guy is using American right wing targets such as Hollywood. No one in the UK talks about hollywood as some nefarious bogeyman the way that fox, drudge, blaze etc do.

Can you see the difference?

If my opinions were only one sentence CNN soundbytes, then you'd be accurate in characterising my opinions in that exact same fashion.
Old 16-06-2018, 11:06 AM #42
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But you do admit it's bad, just not too bad?
they do go on and on about disliking trump i know

but i quite like Amanpour her interviews

or whenever a terrorist attack or disaster has happened, they do provide us with enough updates on that news

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 11:15 AM #43
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
That sounds stupid because I don't parrot anything from a channel I don't watch and have no real interest in watching, whereas it doesn't sound stupid if an English guy is using American right wing targets such as Hollywood. No one in the UK talks about hollywood as some nefarious bogeyman the way that fox, drudge, blaze etc do.

Can you see the difference?

If my opinions were only one sentence CNN soundbytes, then you'd be accurate in characterising my opinions in that exact same fashion.
Hollywood is the biggest creator of motion picture in the West. A perfect platform to indoctrinate the people.

Who decided Hollywood was a right wing target and how does that work? When did this happen?
Old 16-06-2018, 11:52 AM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
CNN isn't too bad tbh
CNN Money HD
is good .

CNN HD wastes days on a single Trump news
with just viewpoints from their group of presenters
and Left Wing guests
Thats the real problem,

Lack of Facts
sure they do not get Trump jokes
they take it as real.

Like when Trump first had a go at Evil Criminal Mexicans
he failed to qualify the full words.
Thats the way he rolls.

And when he said SH** nations
he was talking about business deals
not the peoples
it was leaked by a Democrat.
Ideal for CNN HD to spend a Month on it
before finding out the truth

Trump does not say sorry , much
He moves on to the next deal.

Life In The Fast Lane

Last edited by arista; 16-06-2018 at 12:13 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 12:20 PM #45
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I can read, re-read, re-read it as carefully as you want, but we're talking about events that have already happened in those quoted bits, and we know with 100% certainty that the FBI did absolutely nothing to stop or prevent the trump campaign.

We also know that hiding trumps investigation from the public whilst holding press conferences about HRC actually helped trump, and the NY FBI were leaking information to the trump campaign to top it off.

You can't keep saying "If this happened, I'd want this" when we've already seen the results play out and know that's what happened.
I am going to let go the last post because I don't understand the previous ones. I posted a newsworthy article and because it is news, I posted it in SD and that was the entire point. However, we're not discussing the article anymore, we keep going off tangent and discussing me.. I guess?.. except I have no idea what we are even talking about anymore as it seems like you are quoting my posts and then talking to yourself. I don't have anything to add, because we keep talking past each other... anyway., there seems to be a fixation on my words as if I'm affected and I think maybe you misunderstand my feeling entirely.
Old 16-06-2018, 12:49 PM #46
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
I am going to let go the last post because I don't understand the previous ones. I posted a newsworthy article and because it is news, I posted it in SD and that was the entire point. However, we're not discussing the article anymore, we keep going off tangent and discussing me.. I guess?.. except I have no idea what we are even talking about anymore as it seems like you are quoting my posts and then talking to yourself. I don't have anything to add, because we keep talking past each other... anyway., there seems to be a fixation on my words as if I'm affected and I think maybe you misunderstand my feeling entirely.
With respect, Maru, that is wide of the mark. I have addressed specific things you've written. If you throw statements out there, then me addressing them rather than the content of an article (which I have already addressed by the way) is absolutely not a fixation on your words, it is how a debate/discussion should work.
Old 16-06-2018, 01:44 PM #47
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
The problem as I see it is that agencies such as the FBI have special privilege due to the type of work that they do. It is difficult to hold individuals accountable for their actions due to the secrecy that they work under.

For this reason, such agencies must be seen to be working to the highest moral standards because if they don't, all trust is lost in them. I think there have been many questionable decisions made by members of the FBI in recent times, and they have lost the trust of the people they are supposed to represent. It's a big problem, and it's not going to go away unless demonstrable action is taken to resolve peoples concerns.
That is basically the gist of my concern(s), that any investigation that concludes, it won't be considered "certified" because of the amount of recent troubles surrounding the agency that have yet been addressed.

I think most Americans want to be able to keep these agencies in high regard as we are proud of our system. After all, these institutions are part of our political DNA and are responsible for upholding not only the rule of law, but should hold the entire thing accountable.

My worry is if something is announced so soon, with it being so close to an election, if it is not considered a conclusive result by both sides (generally speaking), then the politics will just resume its course towards insidiousness.

Last edited by Maru; 16-06-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 16-06-2018, 08:23 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is basically the gist of my concern(s), that any investigation that concludes, it won't be considered "certified" because of the amount of recent troubles surrounding the agency that have yet been addressed.

I think most Americans want to be able to keep these agencies in high regard as we are proud of our system. After all, these institutions are part of our political DNA and are responsible for upholding not only the rule of law, but should hold the entire thing accountable.

My worry is if something is announced so soon, with it being so close to an election, if it is not considered a conclusive result by both sides (generally speaking), then the politics will just resume its course towards insidiousness.
Well cak haprens..doesn't maru?

Somthing is really ...realy wrong in your counttry right now when Nkorea & Russia is considered good ..but the Eu and Canada are considered enemies my sons when they look ..they have now retunter to SA and Australia......

My daughter is shocked at 13 reading post's that support that clan
Old 17-06-2018, 01:26 AM #49
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

So I did a search recently because I had read something in my feed about gifts being given by media to FBI agents (and have little time to dedicate to searching atm)... I tried to find a more "palatable" source, but 99% are conservative-leaning sites as they are the only folk covering it. I checked some of my left-leaning reading lists and did a search on those and it's not mentioned. Maybe something is being told on TV, but I haven't had time to watch/catch up... so anyway, those sites will be panned. It is in the 500-pg report though and will be (re-)evaluated in a separate investigation.

FBI employees received 'improper' gifts from reporters, routinely leaked to media without authorization: IG report
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...eport.amp.html

Quote:
"We identified instances where FBI employees improperly received benefits from reporters, including tickets to sporting events, golfing outings, drinks and meals, and admittance to nonpublic social events," reads the report by the inspector general, Michael Horowitz.
Quote:
But because the inappropriate gifts were outside the scope of the IG's look at the Clinton email investigation, Horowitz added that the DOJ watchdog "will separately report on those investigations as they are concluded."

Along with the FBI's cozy relationship with the media, Horowitz's report charges that officials in the bureau at "all levels of the organization" leaked information to reporters without authorization.

The FBI's strict media relations policy, which explains specifically who can disclose information to the media, was "widely ignored" during the Clinton email probe and afterwards, the IG report said.
From the report itself:

Quote:
Improper Disclosure of Non-Public Information

As we also describe in Chapter Twelve, among the issues we reviewed were allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information regarding the Midyear investigation. Although FBI policy strictly limits the employees who are authorized to speak to the media, we found that this policy appeared to be widely ignored during the period we reviewed.

We identified numerous FBI employees, at all levels of the organization and with no official reason to be in contact with the media, who were nevertheless in frequent contact with reporters. Attached to this report as Attachments E and F are two link charts that reflect the volume of communications that we identified between FBI employees and media representatives in April/May and October 2016. We have profound concerns about the volume and extent of unauthorized media contacts by FBI personnel that we have uncovered during our review.

In addition, we identified instances where FBI employees improperly received benefits from reporters, including tickets to sporting events, golfing outings, drinks and meals, and admittance to nonpublic social events. We will separately report on those investigations as they are concluded, consistent with the Inspector General Act, other applicable federal statutes, and OIG policy.

The harm caused by leaks, fear of potential leaks, and a culture of unauthorized media contacts is illustrated in Chapters Ten and Eleven of our report, where we detail the fact that these issues influenced FBI officials who were advising Comey on consequential investigative decisions in October 2016. The FBI updated its media policy in November 2017, restating its strict guidelines concerning media contacts, and identifying who is required to obtain authority before engaging members of the media, and when and where to report media contact. We do not believe the problem is with the FBI’s policy, which we found to be clear and unambiguous. Rather, we concluded that these leaks highlight the need to change what appears to be a cultural attitude among many in the organization.
At least the DOJ appears to be doing their job and being very thorough about it... but what a time to be alive in America. Lawsuits and investigations for everyone!.. Would you like an investigation to go with your investigation?...

Last edited by Maru; 17-06-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old 17-06-2018, 07:29 AM #50
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
So I did a search recently because I had read something in my feed about gifts being given by media to FBI agents (and have little time to dedicate to searching atm)... I tried to find a more "palatable" source, but 99% are conservative-leaning sites as they are the only folk covering it. I checked some of my left-leaning reading lists and did a search on those and it's not mentioned. Maybe something is being told on TV, but I haven't had time to watch/catch up... so anyway, those sites will be panned. It is in the 500-pg report though and will be (re-)evaluated in a separate investigation.

FBI employees received 'improper' gifts from reporters, routinely leaked to media without authorization: IG report
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...eport.amp.html

From the report itself:

At least the DOJ appears to be doing their job and being very thorough about it... but what a time to be alive in America. Lawsuits and investigations for everyone!.. Would you like an investigation to go with your investigation?...

Yeah the inappropriate gifts thing is a no no. I worked in companies here 20+ years ago where we were not allowed to accept gifts of any nature ... even down to things like a pen, so it is abuse and open to accusations of taking bribes.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
action’, fbi, hurt, official, report, showed, trump, ‘willingness