Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Celebrity Big Brother series 1 - 22 Forums for the previous series of Celebrity BB UK (2001 - Summer 2018).

Old 30-06-2018, 05:52 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Bear being this horrible person has to be one of the most twisted things on a TV show ever. And I'm glad the general public saw that.

He had fun and messed with people. He bothered & annoyed people, often purposely, but in very joking, relatively non-malicious ways - he wasn't some vicious bully to people or targeted an individual person to try to break them or something. People actually ganged up on and bullied HIM for his actions of messing around with them. They called him way worse things than he ever said to anyone else. The main hurtful thing he ever said was the boobs comment he told Marnie to say to Saira but that's a grade school insult while they were drunk & playing a game (an immature grade school game lol). He was otherwise pretty clean with what he said and just got ****ted on constantly for his "annoying" antics, pranks, goads at times if you wanna call it that, etc.

He egged them on but he also never whined that he was getting this treatment in return and getting shunned and trash talked for it. He took it back on the chin basically the whole time and he'd stop once people got very visibly upset. He's a prankster and people are going to not like that sometimes... it's not like he was an angel but he wasn't evil either. There were much more mean-spirited people in that season's cast ALONE.

He's not very different from people like Jedward, Kim, Perez, Sam & Jordan from CBB20 and multiple others. I get some of these others aren't liked either but still. These are people that liked to have a go at others or just have some fun at others' expense but they're not malicious or outright mean in their actions and Bear is included in that.
He is a bully.

He might not be a steprotypical gibe me your money bully but he's the type of bully that winds someone up, keeps winding them up until they are exasperated and they are entirely powerless to stop it in a Big Brother house. Then when they do finanly rightfully snap, plays victim. The general public who watch Channel 5 Big Brother are ****ing idots who let Helen Wood win too.

Last edited by Daniel.; 30-06-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 05:59 PM #27
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

What did Bear really do though? He danced & sang (with some humping motions) to James in the kitchen, he gave Aubrey a pie to the face, he had some arguments, one in which he called Frankie a "pussycat" - he was called 100x worse to his face and behind his back. I still don't even know what he did to Renee... just kinda talked to her and she'd snap every time?

He did NOT do or say many evil things he's accused of being and got treated a lot worse than he treated others. He really wasn't that mean... he managed to bother people a lot though and yes he liked doing that..
Old 30-06-2018, 06:00 PM #28
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

He blinded Our Sam!

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 06:02 PM #29

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

CBB13 was an entertaining mess start to finish
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 06:04 PM #30
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
What did Bear really do though? He danced & sang (with some humping motions) to James in the kitchen, he gave Aubrey a pie to the face, he had some arguments, one in which he called Frankie a "pussycat" - he was called 100x worse to his face and behind his back. I still don't even know what he did to Renee... just kinda talked to her and she'd snap every time?

He did NOT do or say many evil things he's accused of being and got treated a lot worse than he treated others. He really wasn't that mean... he managed to bother people a lot though and yes he liked doing that..
We only see 40 mins a day theaux. they had to suffer him and his antics 24 hours.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 06:06 PM #31
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Bear being this horrible person has to be one of the most twisted things on a TV show ever.
TELL THAT TO THE DOG HE KILLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 06:08 PM #32

Quote:
Bear being this horrible person has to be one of the most twisted things on a TV show ever. And I'm glad the general public saw that.
He won by 1% after half of the audience quit watching.

Quote:
He had fun and messed with people. He bothered & annoyed people, often purposely, but in very joking, relatively non-malicious ways - he wasn't some vicious bully to people or targeted an individual person to try to break them or something. People actually ganged up on and bullied HIM for his actions of messing around with them. They called him way worse things than he ever said to anyone else. The main hurtful thing he ever said was the boobs comment he told Marnie to say to Saira but that's a grade school insult while they were drunk & playing a game (an immature grade school game lol). He was otherwise pretty clean with what he said and just got ****ted on constantly for his "annoying" antics, pranks, goads at times if you wanna call it that, etc.
Haha yes I remember in high school the game where we got a girl to flash our mid 40s teacher with her boobs because she was annoyed by us misbehaving, good times But seriously "pretty clean?" He humped James while singing "I'm Horny" on like what Day 3? Pranks and goads are one thing but imagine living with the same repetitive cycle of it 24 hours a day for a month. Do you not realise the trauma that leaves on people?

Quote:
He egged them on but he also never whined that he was getting this treatment in return and getting shunned and trash talked for it. He took it back on the chin basically the whole time and he'd stop once people got very visibly upset. He's a prankster and people are going to not like that sometimes... it's not like he was an angel but he wasn't evil either. There were much more mean-spirited people in that season's cast ALONE.
Aww that Bear is so sweet tolerating people getting mad at... him making people mad. And lmao no he never stopped. The closest he got to pacifying himself usually lasts for a couple minutes and then we're back to passive aggressively unbearable. And took it on the chin? He CONSTANTLY whined about what people thought of him while simultaneously using self pity to annoy people. That's what a goader is.

Quote:
He's not very different from people like Jedward, Kim, Perez, Sam & Jordan from CBB20 and multiple others. I get some of these others aren't liked either but still. These are people that liked to have a go at others or just have some fun at others' expense but they're not malicious or outright mean in their actions and Bear is included in that.
You're right he's not very different. In fact he's the complete opposite. Jedward and Kim were both just really defensive people who got winded up easily and delivered snide comments as a result, Perez was just messy to live with and had no house power to bully people like Bear did and lol Sam and Jordan? I legitimately can't remember anything they did apart from dance with each other like toddlers

Regardless you can make as much excuses as you want for domestic abuse lasting 30 days but if an entire house feel victimized and attacked by someone (to the point where one even had to see a therapist while in the house) then there's a problem and it's still abuse.

Now back to great series and the lovely Pete Burns

Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 06:32 PM #33
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
Haha yes I remember in high school the game where we got a girl to flash our mid 40s teacher with her boobs because she was annoyed by us misbehaving, good times But seriously "pretty clean?" He humped James while singing "I'm Horny" on like what Day 3? Pranks and goads are one thing but imagine living with the same repetitive cycle of it 24 hours a day for a month. Do you not realise the trauma that leaves on people?
We only know what we saw on the shows and honestly Bear's antics and theatrics seemed pretty easily tolerable ngl, even if they were in abundance.

The boobs comment & flash was mean, it was a low moment, I'm just saying it was of the immature grade school antics which he & Marnie should be older than that but as an adult Saira was fine afterwards.

Also I don't even think he made contact with James, just got close to him. Anyway, that could be annoying sure but that's far from that bad.

Quote:
Aww that Bear is so sweet tolerating people getting mad at... him making people mad. And lmao no he never stopped. The closest he got to pacifying himself usually lasts for a couple minutes and then we're back to passive aggressively unbearable. And took it on the chin? He CONSTANTLY whined about what people thought of him while simultaneously using self pity to annoy people. That's what a goader is.
He could have reacted like them with the petty insults in return or continue doing his thing in a joking manner and he 9 times out of 10 did the latter.

Quote:
You're right he's not very different. In fact he's the complete opposite. Jedward and Kim were both just really defensive people who got winded up easily and delivered snide comments as a result, Perez was just messy to live with and had no house power to bully people like Bear did and lol Sam and Jordan? I legitimately can't remember anything they did apart from dance with each other like toddlers

Regardless you can make as much excuses as you want for domestic abuse lasting 30 days but if an entire house feel victimized and attacked by someone (to the point where one even had to see a therapist while in the house) then there's a problem and it's still abuse.
THEY CRUCIFIED JESUS!

Those people in the CBB18 house were easily annoyed, whiny and self-absorbed. They got annoyed all the time when Bear/Chloe/Lewis/Marnie were just doing their own thing in the backyard as well.

As much as it's fair to get annoyed by Bear's behavior, they generally reacted terribly over what constantly LOOKED like little harmless pranks or jokes, etc. from him.

I get you're not supposed to act that way to people who don't like it and don't even care for / like the person doing it but was Bear EVIL for that? No. If you also found him annoying like the housemates did that's fair and justified. He had little to no evil intentions though.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 30-06-2018 at 06:32 PM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 06:37 PM #34

oOOH OH THAT WAS VERY AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR JERSEY. YOU SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED. ROOTLUSS. NO DRAMAWWZ. LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS GETTING ANGRY NAAAAH
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 06:40 PM #35
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
oOOH OH THAT WAS VERY AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOUR JERSEY. YOU SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED. ROOTLUSS. NO DRAMAWWZ. LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS GETTING ANGRY NAAAAH
RUTHLUSS!
Old 30-06-2018, 06:43 PM #36
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Wow a wind up merchant, what a novel concept in 2018.
Old 30-06-2018, 06:47 PM #37
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Anyway, CBB18 was also consistently good because it had a lot of polarizing characters that were easy to root for / root against and a nice, kinda hostile house divide. Always something to look forward to and root for/against. The evictions were like an emotional battleground.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 30-06-2018 at 06:47 PM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 07:09 PM #38
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

This is like reading an interview with a housemate who was in sequester for two weeks, had never seen BB before and only had CBB18 to watch

Spoiler:

Old 30-06-2018, 07:10 PM #39
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

It's very "my favourite houseguest of all time is Joey Van Pelt!"

Spoiler:

Old 30-06-2018, 07:12 PM #40
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
This is like reading an interview with a housemate who was in sequester for two weeks, had never seen BB before and only had CBB18 to watch
Quote:
Old 30-06-2018, 07:17 PM #41
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Old 30-06-2018, 08:12 PM #42
-

-

Why aren't I surprised at Jersey defending Hitler
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2018, 10:05 PM #43
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
TiBB’s Very Finest

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I love Jersey
Old 30-06-2018, 10:06 PM #44
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2018-Fan View Post
I love Jersey
Old 01-07-2018, 03:37 AM #45
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:48 AM #46
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2018-Fan View Post
I love Jersey
They don't call you TIBB's Very Finest for nothing
Old 01-07-2018, 09:28 AM #47

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Probably 16.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 10:26 AM #48

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

8, 11 and 18 were consistent..... in an awful way.

In terms of quality throughout... CBB13. Fantastic every day
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 12:32 PM #49
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie

Renee Graziano won CBB18 and that's that on that.
Old 23-07-2018, 12:35 PM #50
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
Renee Graziano won CBB18 and that's that on that.
Aubrey >

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cbb, consistent, series