Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-07-2018, 11:43 AM #1
You know my methods

You know my methods

Default USA Liberals outraged at "illegals in cages" photo but wait - there is a twist!

This photo was taken in 2014 of illegal alien detention under the Obama administration

Liberals used the photo on social media, arguing that it was an example of Trump’s cruel policy, which is a verifiably false claim. Even the former speechwriter for Obama, Jon Favreau, tweeted a complete falsehood:

“This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible.”

Other liberal activists and journalists, Shaun King of Black Lives Matter, Linda Sarsour of the Women’s March, and Muslim activist Qasim Rashid also tweeted the Obama-era policy of keeping illegals in cages– purporting that it was Trump.

I saw this photo floating around and didn’t know if it was real. It is. Children of immigrants are being held in cages, like dogs, at ICE detention centers, sleeping on the floor. It’s an abomination.

Rashid specifically blamed Trump:

The US Govt is holding migrant children in small cages like they are animals–just as 45 describes them. This is horrific. This is inhumane. This cannot stand. #ThisIsAmerica

Twitter user Michael Pierce wrote to Mr. Rashid: “Welcome to 2014. I think I have a solid guess on how your selective outrage missed this then.”

New York Times Magazine editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein and Lauren Wolfe, director of the Women’s Media Center Women Under Siege, were among the blue-checkmarked journalists who also spread the misinformation before apologizing.

“I’m honestly lost as to why the Trump troll world has woken up tonight to lambaste me for posting a story that’s a few years old, by accident, & clarifying that once I discovered it. They’re vicious. It’s incredibly demoralizing that this is our public discourse,” Ms. Wolfe lamented.

What’s incredibly demoralizing is that “journalists” would continue to not fact check and push out completely false information.

https://thehayride.com/2018/07/did-y...gals-in-cages/

What do you make of that?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:07 PM #2
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

This photo was taken in 2014 of illegal alien detention under the Obama administration

Liberals used the photo on social media, arguing that it was an example of Trump’s cruel policy, which is a verifiably false claim. Even the former speechwriter for Obama, Jon Favreau, tweeted a complete falsehood:

“This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible.”

Other liberal activists and journalists, Shaun King of Black Lives Matter, Linda Sarsour of the Women’s March, and Muslim activist Qasim Rashid also tweeted the Obama-era policy of keeping illegals in cages– purporting that it was Trump.

I saw this photo floating around and didn’t know if it was real. It is. Children of immigrants are being held in cages, like dogs, at ICE detention centers, sleeping on the floor. It’s an abomination.

The US Govt is holding migrant children in small cages like they are animals–just as 45 describes them. This is horrific. This is inhumane. This cannot stand. #ThisIsAmerica

Twitter user Michael Pierce wrote to Mr. Rashid: “Welcome to 2014. I think I have a solid guess on how your selective outrage missed this then.”

New York Times Magazine editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein and Lauren Wolfe, director of the Women’s Media Center Women Under Siege, were among the blue-checkmarked journalists who also spread the misinformation before apologizing.

“I’m honestly lost as to why the Trump troll world has woken up tonight to lambaste me for posting a story that’s a few years old, by accident, & clarifying that once I discovered it. They’re vicious. It’s incredibly demoralizing that this is our public discourse,” Ms. Wolfe lamented.

What’s incredibly demoralizing is that “journalists” would continue to not fact check and push out completely false information.

More and more is coming out about the out-and-out lies coming from the far left. The lengths they will go to to get their own way is shocking. I will find it difficult to believe anything coming from the lefty media from now on. Always found them a bit dodgy with their elaborations but this is just blatant lies.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:16 PM #3

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

There is a lot of truth in the statement from Trump that a lot of stuff out there is 'fake' news about him.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:20 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Oh please

Don't insult other FM's I like they have a bit more cop on than this but sure carrry on lad...forget about what Sesions brought into place...totally different to obana.....o wait ,,,,,Obana is sureley a liar....trump has the proof
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:22 PM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
Oh please

Don't insult other FM's I like they have a bit more cop on than this but sure carrry on lad...forget about what Sesions brought into place...totally different to obana.....o wait ,,,,,Obana is sureley a liar....trump has the proof
i really have no idea what you are saying
Old 14-07-2018, 12:33 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
There is a lot of truth in the statement from Trump that a lot of stuff out there is 'fake' news about him.
How can you as an apparent mother talk this right and talk about Jamie Bulger ...This is not fake news...Trump admits to seperating these kids from their parents in fact he brags about it...jeez don't come on and rightfully acknoweldge what's happenng to children globally but then say it's cool if it happens to brown kids
Old 14-07-2018, 12:35 PM #7
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I’d hope that right, left, and centrists are furious at photos like this under both Obama and Trump?
Old 14-07-2018, 12:38 PM #8

[Liberals used the photo on social media, arguing that it was an example of Trump’s cruel policy, which
is a verifiably false claim. Even the former speechwriter for Obama, Jon Favreau, tweeted a complete falsehood:]

Yes LT
its wrong

Last edited by arista; 14-07-2018 at 12:39 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:41 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i really have no idea what you are saying
Well then go and piss in your local river whilst drinking whiskey and taking your cat for a walk

I know my English is not great but I I think most can understand me
Old 14-07-2018, 12:41 PM #10
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

the issue is not lessened or negated by a few fake photos. There were plenty genuine ones too.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:45 PM #11
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Well then go and piss in your local river whilst drinking whiskey and taking your cat for a walk

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 12:53 PM #12
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

If you cant even spell Obama right

I doubt it

Old 14-07-2018, 01:12 PM #13
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I’d hope that right, left, and centrists are furious at photos like this under both Obama and Trump?
Yup.

As I understand it, there were not many kids under Obama, and it was pretty much just those suspected of being abused/trafficked, but still those living conditions are ****ing disgusting.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 01:28 PM #14
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

I thought this was gonna be about the pictures which were actually taken at a leftie protest. But I guess some people will misappropriate any pictures to drive their agenda.

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 01:36 PM #15
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

What do I make that your source is ' the daily redneck'? Nothing.
I fully expect any and all justification for trumps actions to come from some, deep south confederate flag waver...and the resident ukippers here.
Old 14-07-2018, 01:48 PM #16
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I fully expect any and all justification for trumps actions to come from some, deep south confederate flag waver...and the resident ukippers here.
The actual story was a main feature on the Maajid Nawaz show on LBC this morning. He led with it.

If you have any issues with its veracity make them known
Old 14-07-2018, 01:54 PM #17

Quote:
The actual story was a main feature on the Maajid Nawaz show on LBC this morning. He led with it.

If you have any issues with its veracity make them known

Yes he did call it
Great debates , he had
Old 14-07-2018, 02:01 PM #18
Banned

Banned

It's pointless to use stories like this to push a petty point because there are ***** on both sides misusing pictures to push their narratives. Back when the child seperation story was blowing up, there was a right wing story that used pictures of mexican children with toy guns to push the thought that they were wiolent thugs and deserving of the treatment but to use that article as an attack on the right is as pointless and tasteless to the situation of child separation as this thread and news article is.

Last edited by Tom4784; 14-07-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 02:15 PM #19
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's pointless to use stories like this to push a petty point because there are ***** on both sides misusing pictures to push their narratives. Back when the child seperation story was blowing up, there was a right wing story that used pictures of mexican children with toy guns to push the thought that they were wiolent thugs and deserving of the treatment but to use that article as an attack on the right is as pointless and tasteless to the situation of child separation as this thread and news article is.
er no

this article and thread is about liberals in the USA getting caught using fake news to peddle their hatred of the USA president.

What makes it so newsworthy is the image they used.

And rather than admit it the Obama guy tried to cover it up. It is a good example of social media virtue signalling too
Old 14-07-2018, 02:18 PM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I found the twist... in 2014 the pic the kids in the pic arrived with no parents to be separated from. Unlike Trump who took children and babies away from mothers and fathers.

Trump's administration does have a new policy to separate children from their parents
Both Favreau and Muñoz argued that the Trump administration's policy of separating families at the border is different from the Obama administration's handling of unaccompanied children.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/migran...plained-2018-5
Old 14-07-2018, 02:34 PM #21
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I found the twist... in 2014 the pic the kids in the pic arrived with no parents to be separated from. Unlike Trump who took children and babies away from mothers and fathers.

Trump's administration does have a new policy to separate children from their parents
Both Favreau and Muñoz argued that the Trump administration's policy of separating families at the border is different from the Obama administration's handling of unaccompanied children.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/migran...plained-2018-5
WHAT

Different administrations do things differently and you dont like the republican way

what evil plot twist is this??
Old 14-07-2018, 02:41 PM #22

At least the photo is 2014.
Old 14-07-2018, 02:52 PM #23
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Are poorer ‘rednecks’ second-class citizens in your book then because some may be less educated and therefore less important and less entitled to have a valid opinion. By your politics that would be a very right wing view.

Last edited by Brillopad; 14-07-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 03:30 PM #24
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Indeed, Trump or Obama, it's still wrong and it needs to stop
Old 14-07-2018, 09:55 PM #25
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Are poorer ‘rednecks’ second-class citizens in your book then because some may be less educated and therefore less important and less entitled to have a valid opinion. By your politics that would be a very right wing view.
Oh...... Like yours you mean?

'I wonder who should I believe has more credibility when it comes to an opinion on this - this clearly educated, intelligent and informed man who has given a very clear description of the whys and where fore’s or Withano. A very hard decision indeed! '

Last edited by Brillopad; Today at 02:16 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
illegals in cages, liberals, outraged, photo, twist, usa, wait