Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 AM #51
Adios

Adios

Dash put down the multi pack of stella mate

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:44 AM #52
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Dash, tibbs lynch mob is out on the loose.

Someone's actions will get a reaction.

Members need to look at what dash is saying not! What you think he is saying.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:45 AM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash Darington View Post
Your reasoning skills are letting you down. Just because she has a lower capacity for violence doesn't mean she has no capacity for violence.
Well, at least you're actually moving in the right direction, even if not actually comprehending what's being said.

If someone has more strength than another, they don't need to use FULL force in order to incapacitate the other person and overreact to the actual situation.

She was screaming in his face - he knocked her out cold. That is not an acceptable reaction.

Tie yourself in knots trying to justify this unnecessary violent action, but it does not justify it and never will.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:49 AM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Dash, tibbs lynch mob is out on the loose.

Someone's actions will get a reaction.

Members need to look at what dash is saying not! What you think he is saying.
No, everybody understands what he's saying. It seems you don't.

Someone's actions will get a reaction, yes. His reaction was not appropriate to her action.

Also, 3 posters holding the same opinion =/= Lynch mob. Grow up.

Last edited by Marsh.; 02-08-2018 at 02:50 AM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:30 AM #55
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Bull****. He wasn't within 10 feet of any girl when the aggressor got in his face. A man can't get in another man's face like that. Why should a woman expect to get away with it? Obviously it's not nice to see girls getting hit by guys, but the source of the problem is gross women thinking they have a license to get physically aggressive with men.

No sympathy. If you don't want to get punched, stop acting like you want to fight a man.
....obviously it’s not nice to see a guy have a girl get in his face like that...but the source of the problem is gross men thinking they have a licence to get physically aggressive with a woman if they do that ...no sympathy, if you don’t want to get charged with grievous bodily harm, stop acting in such a way...(...and be thankful the charge wasn’t something more serious if her head had hit the ground in a way that the charge could have been much more serious..)...

Last edited by Ammi; 02-08-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:44 AM #56
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

Wow this guy is gross no matter what she was telling him

The way she's lying on the ground after

Last edited by JerseyWins; 02-08-2018 at 03:45 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:07 AM #57
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
No, everybody understands what he's saying. It seems you don't.

Someone's actions will get a reaction, yes. His reaction was not appropriate to her action.

Also, 3 posters holding the same opinion =/= Lynch mob. Grow up.
Trying to drag someone to your way of thinking and make them conform to your way of thinking by continually pushing your opinion of what's right!

He explained him self and defended himself against but you just can't accept someone's else's opinion.

It's what you and others do!

You grow up and accept other members opinions
Old 02-08-2018, 07:11 AM #58
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

If he pushed her away she could of fell hit her head and died.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:19 AM #59
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Big man small woman

If a 6 foot 15 stone body builder or 5 foot 8 stone woman threatens to kill you.

The police and the courts treat both threats the same, woman are just as responsible for their actions.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 AM #60
-

-

Quote:

His response absolutely was out of proportion. So was hers. She didn't like something he said, so she got in his face yelling and pointing her finger in his face. She wanted to get physically aggressive, ironically depending on the man's restraint and compassion to ensure her safety, while she sought to abuse him. What a monumentally stupid thing to do.
At the risk of popping my head over the parapet... I don't actually disagree with that.

I would absolutely never advocate or justify anyone punching anyone else unless it's in direct response to being hit first, but on the other hand, the claim that there was zero provocation is simply false and there IS a worrying culture of people being verbally aggressive and making aggressive gestures on the assumption that they "cannot" be hurt "because that's not allowed". His action were thuggish, dangerous, and massively out of proportion and he doesn't deserve vindication but... Trying to insist that she was doing "nothing wrong" is irresponsible and dangerous. Pointing, screaming and getting in someone's face isn't an appropriate response to any situation, either. It's also (as we can see) risky behaviour that shouldn't be encouraged, for obvious reasons... Because there are people like this guy, who will snap and hurt you. It's all very well pointing out that he "shouldn't"... Of course he shouldn't... But acting as if the world IS as it SHOULD BE on principle and expecting that alone to keep you safe is not practical.

I have to also note that Dash hasn't once said that the guy's actions were right, nor made excuses that justify what he did, and has in fact repeatedly stated in one way or another that the guy crossed the line... And yet is being repeatedly accused of "saying what he did was OK" / "justifying violence" / "making excuses" and sorry guys but that is misrepresentation and strawman.

Really no different to when I'm constantly accused of "making excuses" for criminals / murderers by stating that they have psychological disorders and that those disorders are interesting and we should work to understand them.

You know. When people come in like "Understand?? What do you MEAN understand! They are evil monsters nothing to understand. Why are u saying we should just let them out and feed them lollipops and children herp de derp why u making excuses!?"

So yeah. I don't think it's wrong to try to understand this situation as a whole series of events and make criticisms of other aspects. Saying that she wasnt behaving well by pointing and shouting is NOT justifying him punching her in the face, which was horrendous.

But people are constantly making the error that "explanation" = "excuse", and failing to look at situations objectively because they're blinded by incredulity.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:20 AM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
At the risk of popping my head over the parapet... I don't actually disagree with that.

I would absolutely never advocate or justify anyone punching anyone else unless it's in direct response to being hit first, but on the other hand, the claim that there was zero provocation is simply false and there IS a worrying culture of people being verbally aggressive and making aggressive gestures on the assumption that they "cannot" be hurt "because that's not allowed". His action were thuggish, dangerous, and massively out of proportion and he doesn't deserve vindication but... Trying to insist that she was doing "nothing wrong" is irresponsible and dangerous. Pointing, screaming and getting in someone's face isn't an appropriate response to any situation, either. It's also (as we can see) risky behaviour that shouldn't be encouraged, for obvious reasons... Because there are people like this guy, who will snap and hurt you. It's all very well pointing out that he "shouldn't"... Of course he shouldn't... But acting as if the world IS as it SHOULD BE on principle and expecting that alone to keep you safe is not practical.

I have to also note that Dash hasn't once said that the guy's actions were right, nor made excuses that justify what he did, and has in fact repeatedly stated in one way or another that the guy crossed the line... And yet is being repeatedly accused of "saying what he did was OK" / "justifying violence" / "making excuses" and sorry guys but that is misrepresentation and strawman.

Really no different to when I'm constantly accused of "making excuses" for criminals / murderers by stating that they have psychological disorders and that those disorders are interesting and we should work to understand them.

You know. When people come in like "Understand?? What do you MEAN understand! They are evil monsters nothing to understand. Why are u saying we should just let them out and feed them lollipops and children herp de derp why u making excuses!?"

So yeah. I don't think it's wrong to try to understand this situation as a whole series of events and make criticisms of other aspects. Saying that she wasnt behaving well by pointing and shouting is NOT justifying him punching her in the face, which was horrendous.

But people are constantly making the error that "explanation" = "excuse", and failing to look at situations objectively because they're blinded by incredulity.
To a certain extent I agree. I don't believe in women hiding behind the "I'm a woman" line when it comes to situations like this. I believe if a woman is going to strike a man, she better be prepared to get one back.

This guy did completely overstep the mark as she had not laid a hand on him so his reaction was not justified. I have seen some girls on nights out laying into men with punches and kicks and when retaliated against cry foul because "you can't hit women" but feel completely justified in punching and kicking men.

This situation shows how alcohol and confrontation do not mix. The guy in question is without doubt a douche bag and deserves an assault charge, he is lucky that is all he is facing - with a knock out like that it could have been easily much much worse.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:36 AM #62

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

I agree with TS and AnnieK to a point.Women shouldn’t be able to hide behind their vaginas to excuse assaulting men.

However this guy was waay excessive in the force he used and almost looked as if hitting a woman was second nature or enjoyable.She wasn’t actually hitting him,Just trying to intimidate him.He should’ve warned her to get out of his face,then he should have tried to move away.If she then followed him then push her away or restrain her and NOT KO her.If she was actually attacking him physically then he had more grounds to defend himself although I wouldn’t make the same choice he did tbh.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 02-08-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:42 AM #63
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

I'm with Toy Soldier with respect to this case. I mean its not even a sexist thing, the situation equally applies to it being 2 men or 2 women. Don't over react and don't provoke.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:44 AM #64
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Of course as a woman she can't expect not to be hit, woman are raped, murdered and physically abused at the hands of their partners evey day of the week so it is ridiculous to claim that a woman feels safe due to her gender she was verbally agressive yes but then we don't know what happened before hand to make her react in this way? I am assuming she didn't just waltz up to him and start verbally assaulting him, she was defending herself or someone else maybe not in a controlled way but I doubt reasoning with this guy in a calm manner would have elicted a different response.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:46 AM #65
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Precisely. Getting in someone's face like that is an act of assault. You don't have to make contact for it to be assault. Finally someone agrees with me. The woman should not have assaulted the man. Physical assault is never okay.
Physical ...and verbals ....two different things entirely

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-08-2018, 09:50 AM #66
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Of course as a woman she can't expect not to be hit, woman are raped, murdered and physically abused at the hands of their partners evey day of the week so it is ridiculous to claim that a woman feels safe due to her gender she was verbally agressive yes but then we don't know what happened before hand to make her react in this way? I am assuming she didn't just waltz up to him and start verbally assaulting him, she was defending herself or someone else maybe not in a controlled way but I doubt reasoning with this guy in a calm manner would have elicted a different response.
I know yeah, that's ****ing hilarious

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:50 AM #67
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I'm with Toy Soldier with respect to this case. I mean its not even a sexist thing, the situation equally applies to it being 2 men or 2 women. Don't over react and don't provoke.
If she'd put her hands on him yes but she didn't so no

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:51 AM #68
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I know yeah, that's ****ing hilarious
I think what is being purported is know your place little lady and don't react because the guy might hit you

the lady in Paris reacted in a calm and reasoned manner she still got whacked...

Old 02-08-2018, 09:53 AM #69
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I think what is being purported is know your place little lady and don't react because the guy might hit you

the lady in Paris reacted in a calm and reasoned manner she still got whacked...
Yep, how dare you little girls stand up for yourselves, back in your boxes

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:56 AM #70
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
If she'd put her hands on him yes but she didn't so no
She still provoked a response. I mean if i went up to a guy in the street and used her approach, i would be playing the lottery on what happened next. Add booze into the equation and it will only get worse.

For sure we don't know all the context, particularly what went on before and where she would likely get a caution for aggressive behaviour he would get an assault charge. The 2 things are not like for like, but neither are in the category of civilised behaviour.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:58 AM #71
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...just to say I don’t have sympathies with the female as such because she wasn’t seriously harmed or worse ...but a verbally abusive situation could never be predicted to have the same possible outcomes as those punches he laid...they were very predictable in the possible outcome to those..whatever her verbal abuse and whatever the reasons leading up to etc...possibly giving someone life changing injuries or worse, taking a life...should never be a risk someone should take for having someone in their face like that...

...my every sympathy is with her friends and family if any ‘worsts’ had have happened...and also with her yeah...because what he did was not a ‘natural’ reaction in any way whatsoever that could find any level of understandability for me...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:00 AM #72
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She still provoked a response. I mean if i went up to a guy in the street and used her approach, i would be playing the lottery on what happened next. Add booze into the equation and it will only get worse.

For sure we don't know all the context, particularly what went on before and where she would likely get a caution for aggressive behaviour he would get an assault charge. The 2 things are not like for like, but neither are in the category of civilised behaviour.
We don't know what had went on beforehand but logically speaking something went on beforehand to provoke her and make her angry, don't you think?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-08-2018, 10:03 AM #73
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
We don't know what had went on beforehand but logically speaking something went on beforehand to provoke her and make her angry, don't you think?
logic would say so, but ive seen some situations that completely defy logic where a person can go completely off the plot for no reason at all. I've seen things like that happen when someone has spilled a drink for example, or bumped into someone by mistake
Old 02-08-2018, 10:09 AM #74
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
logic would say so, but ive seen some situations that completely defy logic where a person can go completely off the plot for no reason at all. I've seen things like that happen when someone has spilled a drink for example, or bumped into someone by mistake
Someone in the thread said he'd apparently been harassing her friend but I haven't seen a link for that

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-08-2018, 10:17 AM #75

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Trying to drag someone to your way of thinking and make them conform to your way of thinking by continually pushing your opinion of what's right!

He explained him self and defended himself against but you just can't accept someone's else's opinion.

It's what you and others do!

You grow up and accept other members opinions
It's called a debate. People continue to argue their point and push their opinion until they decide to stop, or 'the time is up' so to speak if it were a public debate/the TIBB thread gets locked.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attack, essex, nightclub, punches, thug, unconscious, vicious, woman