Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 31-07-2018, 10:40 PM #1

Default BB 2nd Round Audition Experience

I really should not be revealing this but I can't not. My friend recently had an audition, this is what he told me… I just hope they can't work out from this who he was.

He said the audition was held in the studios at borehamwood (where the bb house was)

He arrived at 9.00 first they took his bag, phone, and did a security check to make sure he had no electrical devices on him (probable incase he wants to record or snap shot anything). He then went to a waiting room with 19 other people and was made to sign a form allowing the producers the right the film him And also to get him to agree to keep everything a secret. He then had to film out another form that got him to reveal embarrassing things or secrets. things that he won’t particularly want to public to know. The group then went into a task room where they were told what would happen throughout the day and what would happen once the day was over if they get another call.

When in the group, he said the group was congratulated for making it through to the final 300. They said that this year they may be choosing to have a launch like never before. The BB speaker said that this is just a possibility and that nothing is ‘set in stone’ but we will be telling all contestants this so that they would have some idea on what to expect. The speaker said that they are auditioning 300 people over the next 2-3 weeks and they will be looking for the top 60 potential housemates, but out of that 60 only one person will receive a golden ticket that will confirm that they will definitely be entering the house with a two week warning. This person would be the first housemate in and the only one who will have a two week warning that they will be entering into the house. This person will be going into hiding for a week before the launch of the BB19 house. After that person has been told 50 of the 300 contestants will be invited to the live launch, and all 50 will have to have a short promotion video of there life, but out of those 50 contestants only 18 (so there will be 19 housemates in total including the one whos already confirmed BB19) only 18 out of the 50 will make it into the house and out of the 19 who make it in 4-6 of them will be evicted within the first week... For this reason my friend and the rest of the group were warned that if you don’t have the golden ticket then they should not make any drastic changes in there life such as quit there job or make plans to end there rent for the majority of the people who are asked down the launch to be a potential housemate won’t actually make it on to the show, and those who do, may just find that they will be out within a short time so you will need to make a list of any thing that you might need to do but you should not actually do anything other than to not book any holidays in september, october or november.

The BB speaker said that those who do become a housemate, big brother will cover any rent and can call the necessary calls to people if pets or garden care needs to be sorted, but all housemates, bar one, this year won’t know for certain whos going in until the last minit.

They said If you have made it through to the top 50 you will be contacted two weeks prior to the launch. If however you do not receive a call two weeks before the launch date you may still have a chance to be on the show later as 9 people will be put on a reserve list in the event that any of the housemates walks out or has to leave for any unforeseen reasons. The further 9 people will be called before the start of the show to let them know that they are on the reserve list.

They said that when it comes to the choosing the top 20 to enter in to the house “we would not want to give away the specific details as it will be a surprised reserved for the night of the show” but added that ‘luck’ or ‘chance’ may play a roll.

Me and my friend have discussed what this could mean and we do not know for certain but it could mean that:
A. Some chosen housemates might have been been pre decided by the producers,
B. Some might be decided by a random member of the audience.
C. Some might be chosen by who gets the biggest crowd raw.
D. One might be chosen by Rylan and One by Emma.
E. Some might be chosen according to the public phone call vote.

We don’t know but if they do choose to stick with this idea, we know that the contestants won’t know eiver.

Anyway during the audition this talk lasted about 30 mins, in it they also said that if you make it through to the top 51 you will be sent a list of things that you can or can’t pack. “You will also be called a few times incase you have any further questions.” BB will arrange the travel to and from the studio on the day of launch night, and the 32 who don't actually into the house can still apply next year.

After they talked about the launch night they talked about what will happen today in the audition. which was that the group will get to know each other, and throughout the day people within the group of 20 will be called in to the diary room for a personal chat, which would include a psych test (to make sure your not unstable in mind). Then at 1.30pm he was told that the group would get to into the ‘house’. There they would be provided a lunch and would have to just experience being in the house talking amongst each other for 4 hours. I guess this is just a test to see how they would interact together if there’s no task and if there is nothing to actually do. This is how it would actually be in the bb house. During this time all the people were also set to be called to see a medic for a physical health check to make sure your physically ok to be on tv.

So my friend arrived at 9.00 and was put into a group at 9.30. He said he did not see another group until 5.30. And when his group was joined with this group there was not much time to chat but he did find out that this group went into the house first and had lunch in the house at one, so we guess that they were in the ‘house’ 9.30am-1.30pm and his group was in the house 1.30pm-5.30pm. The rest of the time the other group was doing tasks. My friend does not know but there might have been another group set to enter the house for an overnight stay but he can not be sure on that. We don’t know what the auditionees would do if they lived up in scotland or ireland as they may not want to come down just for one day if it takes 7 hours to get to london so we think there audition must either be in a different place or maybe some of the other groups were set to stay over night, he don’t know. But 300 is a lot. Maybe some groups were bigger or spent less time inside. My friend who auditioned is from the south of england but its only 2 hrs from London Bridge. So only 3hrs from borehamwood. I’m sure they would audition anyone they can from this London location and only audition a group from another location if they are up in glasgow or island…

The bad thing though that I have to say is that he did not get to actually go into the main finished house as they said its not complete yet. So he just went into a bedroom that was plain and white and looked like the spear off house room that they sometime use when the housemates split up. He said inside there was just 8 double beds but there was no color scheme or fancy decoration, it was just like a plain clinical looking room with spy glass around the edge. It was fashioned to look a bit like a mental hospital or war time hospital… it made you feel paranoid as there was not much to attract the brain as it was just plain.

He thinks either they did not enter into the real house because:
A. They don’t want anyone to know what it will look like this year.
B. it might not be safe or ready yet.
C. Maybe another group was using it and they did not want the groups to join and meet each other.
D. maybe they can test the people better if there's just a plain room and the people.
C. or maybe that was the main bedroom of the house they just have not pained it or designed it yet as they don’t want the housemates to see it in its finished state yet.

When in the task room my friend said that the first thing they did was to ask questions such as if someone angered you how would you react, if someone was saying nasty things about you how would you react. It was questions like this and then they went around the room asking the same thing to everyone. There were also many questions that put you on the spot such as who in the group do you think you won’t get on with and why. For 30 mins we were made to fill out a form that got us to reveal secrets about yourself but during the middle of this meeting, these things were exposed to the group and you had to openly talk about things. My friends embarrassing thing was a time when he was kissing a girl in her room and as he was taking her top off the girls mother walked in and was shocked.

Throughout the morning people were called into the diary room for about 20 mins each. They had to say why they wanted to be in Big brother and how they would hope it would change there life, how would there parents feel. What would they hope to gain to do after they leave. And you had to sum up your life story in five mins.

He said being in the bedroom was fun as you got to talk to the people that you most wanted to talk to and things were more relaxed here as you could just be yourself. but it was a taster of how boring things could get when just sitting on a bed waiting for the time to past. and he said the food was just a flavoured rice and chicken that was a bit mushy and over cooked! But it was a good day and he was treated well with light snacks and a glass of prosecco.

He said he doesn't know the theme. He did not see the real chair but thinks that clouds might be the theme as there was a temporary wall in the hallway that had heavenly cloud on, but that could just be for something else like a backdrop for interviews, or for another set.

Finally at 5.30 my friends groups joined up with another group and then a bb speaker talked about the risks and dangers of being famous. That lasted ages and really made you think twice as to whether or not you really want to be ‘famous’ as the ‘fame’ you get either will make you feel real high and good about yourself, but may not last for a long time hence will make you feel depressed after. You may also find that you can’t go back to doing a ‘normal’ job after but will find you need to, as no other jobs come your way.
Old 31-07-2018, 10:48 PM #2

*reads entire thread*

So... "back to basics" not a thing now?
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 10:50 PM #3
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Not talks about being famous

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 10:50 PM #4
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera

thanks for sharing, so interesting to find out about the audition experience

(i mean i obviously knew because everyone knows i’m going on big brother this summer but still )

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 10:51 PM #5
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He then had to film out another form that got him to reveal embarrassing things or secrets. things that he won’t particularly want to public to know.
Would anyone here lie about this? because they will obvious reveal it

Spoiler:

Old 31-07-2018, 10:54 PM #6
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
thanks for sharing, so interesting to find out about the audition experience

(i mean i obviously knew because everyone knows i’m going on big brother this summer but still )
You might have seen this already but you should watch Da'vonne from BB17 US talk about her audition experience

Spoiler:

Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBCanada 7: Dane

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBCanada 7: Dane

Hmm thanks for this interesting info...
Eddie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:34 AM #8
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Back to basics found rotten.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:21 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Rockstar
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Rockstar
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault

Quote:
After that person has been told 50 of the 300 contestants will be invited to the live launch
I guess that's one way to make the set look less empty when there are like 3 people in the crowd

Mec is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:53 AM #10
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Do a launch like never before

*copies BB11 launch*

Bitch please get your own ideas

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 AM #11
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Sounds like fan fiction to me...
Old 01-08-2018, 08:07 AM #12
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic. View Post
*reads entire thread*

So... "back to basics" not a thing now?
The only people that have used that term have been fans...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:58 AM #13

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
DOI 2020: Joe Swash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
DOI 2020: Joe Swash

The Golden Ticket thing that was used back in BB7
DanielM787 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:10 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston View Post
The only people that have used that term have been fans...
It's literally what the shows been promoting this summer (and every previous year that also didn't do it)
Old 01-08-2018, 10:02 PM #15
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Quote:
It's literally what the shows been promoting this summer (and every previous year that also didn't do it)
It’s how fans have been talking about the series... Not once has production talked about “back to basics” or what that might mean...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 PM #16

Quote:
It’s how fans have been talking about the series... Not once has production talked about “back to basics” or what that might mean...
False

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/tellymix...eries.html/amp
Old 01-08-2018, 10:25 PM #17
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Quote:
Not a single quote from an actual BB producer that uses the term “back to basics”... The title of the article is nothing but the writer taking liberty with the information they’ve been given...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 PM #18
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise

That is 15 minutes of my life I am never getting back.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 PM #19
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielM787 View Post
The Golden Ticket thing that was used back in BB7
One of the biggest clues that this thread is nothing but fan fiction... It even includes a great get out of jail free card in that they say “nothing is set in stone”... So if their “information” is not correct they can just say they “changed their mind”...

Last edited by kingston; 01-08-2018 at 11:22 PM.
kingston is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 PM #20

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
BB18: Chanelle

Quote:
Not a single quote from an actual BB producer that uses the term “back to basics”... The title of the article is nothing but the writer taking liberty with the information they’ve been given...
Stop whining.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:12 PM #21
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
Stop whining.
I'm not...
Old 02-08-2018, 01:07 AM #22

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz

so one special housemate for some reason? Then 18 randomly chosen out of 50 on the night, much like BB11...? Seems plausible I guess. The rest sounds like the regular pre-series process, which wouldn’t have been inside the real house by the way. Interesting. Thanks for sharing
supertv247 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:54 AM #23
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertv247 View Post
so one special housemate for some reason? Then 18 randomly chosen out of 50 on the night, much like BB11...? Seems plausible I guess. The rest sounds like the regular pre-series process, which wouldn’t have been inside the real house by the way. Interesting. Thanks for sharing
Not a word of it is true...
Old 02-08-2018, 09:05 AM #24
-

-

Quote:
Not a word of it is true...
Why isn’t it?
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:10 AM #25
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Yeah I'm 99% sure an Anna multi wrote this so I'd take it with a wee pinch of salt x
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2nd, audition, bb, experience, round