Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:44 AM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
Default south Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W6ggCDz4q0

This is JuJu declaring war on us whites firing an assualt weapon off in a public area which is against the the law in South Africa....The guy that hands him the weapon is a Boer but everyone that knows hm knows he works for the Russsians...

Now BLF are saying this the white mans fault for handing juju the weapon

You really can't win in South Africa you can have one of the most corrupt goverements on the planet ....but it will still be the white's fault
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 AM #2

Sad to see this happening Lime, take care
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:28 PM #3
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

I still need to finish Lauren Southern's documentary about the way white farmers are being treated in South Africa. Sounds appalling, modern apartheid.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:38 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

South Africa is an awful place for white people to live in, lots of violence against them.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:02 PM #5

Same corrupt, brutal, and unjust regime - just a different colour.

History can teach us many things.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:19 PM #6
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post

This is JuJu declaring war on us whites firing an assualt weapon off in a public area which is against the the law in South Africa....The guy that hands him the weapon is a Boer but everyone that knows hm knows he works for the Russsians...

You really can't win in South Africa you can have one of the most corrupt goverements on the planet ....but it will still be the white's fault
There's a lot of things now that get swept under the rug, lime. Even with the unprecedented access to information we have, I notice that people do prefer to insulate themselves.

We human-beings do seem to crave "simpler narratives": Good versus Evil, black & white thinking; God versus Satan... anything that keeps all the world's scary problems at a distance from us. I think some of that is well-intentioned... For example, in the US both sides want to believe that things can just be solved if the other side should just stopped complaining about supposed "wrongs" and "would just" pass their particular brand of laws.. it would all be so simple... and if we could just see the issues as "simple as"... but it can't work that way, we must all be included in a sense. Is one reason we can never drop the electoral college and federalism as a model, because it still allows states, individual enclaves that have differing views on the role of govt to have their own say.. otherwise I think the culture war would really surface in a real way as it has in SA... I think because our system allows for states to have more say, then it's still possible to provide ample enough distance in how we all live our lives, that we don't see these issues rise up to levels that we see in other parts of the world...

So anyway, I do believe you that there are major problems going unnoticed where you are. There is a feeling of a strong disregard of each other's ideas here in the US, despite our having plenty of access to media to try to "get" the other side... and despite countless videos of evidence of violence on both ends, we like to pretend it is all "mostly" one other side, etc... I don't know much about SA politics or even that area. Our schooling here is very limited on anything that doesn't involve the US in narrative... so yes, only can compare to the US, so sorry for that ... I am curious though how your system compares? How was this enabled in your own country? In your words...

I think like Oliver said, I will have to watch Lauren Southern's interview.. it doesn't seem like anyone here but conservative media picks up the apartheid there... and those people harassed (supposedly?) and pilloried when they try to cover it at all by both govts.

But yes I think that if an individual walks into the wrong neighborhoods in the US with the wrong skin-color, the wrong hat, etc, they could fall victim to being targeted for violence there... but thankfully, it is limited to trouble towns or in racist enclaves near the southern east coast... however, where you are, that doesn't sound like that is the case at all... that your fear is ever-present, that it is actually ingrained in your govt(?), and I'm sorry that you have to even experience that... even though I don't think many of us really understand the actual situation in detail, I think we all worry a little about finding ourselves on the receiving end of a culture war... with all the strife that is going on across the world AND domestically atm... it is very difficult not to relate to you, lime.

Last edited by Maru; 04-08-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:13 PM #7
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Have you got family in SA Lime?

Must be terrifying

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:47 AM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

...I honestly don’t know what to say with the world you’ve lived in, lime...it’s just so incomprehensible for many of us who have never known the fears, the wrongs, the pains, the losses that you have had in your daily life in SA...and those now all continuing with family and loved ones you still have there..your fears for them, your dread for them...and no, there is no ‘winning’ in SA I fear...it’s a beautiful country but not a country that could have a win for those living there because of its past and history...maybe someday there will be a winning, some far day in the future...but sadly, I’m not really confident that day will ever be...I wish your family and friends safety in their time there and you take care, Lime.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:23 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

Sorry Kirk but it's not the same

I grew up during Apartheid....It was totally wrong....people don't understand it was a regeime...for us white's to speack against it !!let's just say you would find being dissapeared very quickly...

Apartheid was never abot raping and murdering because of the colour of your skin

Nor was it about declaring war on black people
Old 05-08-2018, 08:31 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
There's a lot of things now that get swept under the rug, lime. Even with the unprecedented access to information we have, I notice that people do prefer to insulate themselves.

We human-beings do seem to crave "simpler narratives": Good versus Evil, black & white thinking; God versus Satan... anything that keeps all the world's scary problems at a distance from us. I think some of that is well-intentioned... For example, in the US both sides want to believe that things can just be solved if the other side should just stopped complaining about supposed "wrongs" and "would just" pass their particular brand of laws.. it would all be so simple... and if we could just see the issues as "simple as"... but it can't work that way, we must all be included in a sense. Is one reason we can never drop the electoral college and federalism as a model, because it still allows states, individual enclaves that have differing views on the role of govt to have their own say.. otherwise I think the culture war would really surface in a real way as it has in SA... I think because our system allows for states to have more say, then it's still possible to provide ample enough distance in how we all live our lives, that we don't see these issues rise up to levels that we see in other parts of the world...

So anyway, I do believe you that there are major problems going unnoticed where you are. There is a feeling of a strong disregard of each other's ideas here in the US, despite our having plenty of access to media to try to "get" the other side... and despite countless videos of evidence of violence on both ends, we like to pretend it is all "mostly" one other side, etc... I don't know much about SA politics or even that area. Our schooling here is very limited on anything that doesn't involve the US in narrative... so yes, only can compare to the US, so sorry for that ... I am curious though how your system compares? How was this enabled in your own country? In your words...

I think like Oliver said, I will have to watch Lauren Southern's interview.. it doesn't seem like anyone here but conservative media picks up the apartheid there... and those people harassed (supposedly?) and pilloried when they try to cover it at all by both govts.

But yes I think that if an individual walks into the wrong neighborhoods in the US with the wrong skin-color, the wrong hat, etc, they could fall victim to being targeted for violence there... but thankfully, it is limited to trouble towns or in racist enclaves near the southern east coast... however, where you are, that doesn't sound like that is the case at all... that your fear is ever-present, that it is actually ingrained in your govt(?), and I'm sorry that you have to even experience that... even though I don't think many of us really understand the actual situation in detail, I think we all worry a little about finding ourselves on the receiving end of a culture war... with all the strife that is going on across the world AND domestically atm... it is very difficult not to relate to you, lime.
Thanks for reading my post Maru

And I am very gllad that you and Oliver are willing to look into this ...but I do wish people would take their concentration away from white farmers....this a war declred against white"people"....not just famers
Old 05-08-2018, 08:34 AM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I honestly don’t know what to say with the world you’ve lived in, lime...it’s just so incomprehensible for many of us who have never known the fears, the wrongs, the pains, the losses that you have had in your daily life in SA...and those now all continuing with family and loved ones you still have there..your fears for them, your dread for them...and no, there is no ‘winning’ in SA I fear...it’s a beautiful country but not a country that could have a win for those living there because of its past and history...maybe someday there will be a winning, some far day in the future...but sadly, I’m not really confident that day will ever be...I wish your family and friends safety in their time there and you take care, Lime.....
Old 05-08-2018, 09:18 AM #12

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Sorry Kirk but it's not the same

I grew up during Apartheid....It was totally wrong....people don't understand it was a regeime...for us white's to speack against it !!let's just say you would find being dissapeared very quickly...

Apartheid was never abot raping and murdering because of the colour of your sad:skin

Nor was it about declaring war on black people
This is true Lime.
My dad was nearly jailed in SA for speaking out against the state.
You really do have to grown up in the apartheid era to fully understand it.
I have 6/7th generation of family living in SA. Lost contact now.

Not sure about SA right now, but in Zim it is blacks killing blacks as well.

Last edited by smudgie; 05-08-2018 at 09:19 AM.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:43 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
This is true Lime.
My dad was nearly jailed in SA for speaking out against the state.
You really do have to grown up in the apartheid era to fully understand it.
I have 6/7th generation of family living in SA. Lost contact now.

Not sure about SA right now, but in Zim it is blacks killing blacks as well.
Black people killing blacck people is surely the whites fault

so true what you say people have an opinon on Apartheid But they have never lived under a regime like it
Old 05-08-2018, 09:55 AM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Have you got family in SA Lime?

Must be terrifying
When I left SA to come to Ireland,,,I left with my husband and children

So Yeah I have alot of friends and family in SA

My neice went to work on Sunday morn and hasn't beeen since

Up untill Tuesday I was slightly optomistic now a week later

I just wish they would tell us where her body is
Old 05-08-2018, 03:09 PM #15
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

I'm genuinely uncomfortable with the premise of this thread. If there is a genuine, active discrimination against white people in South Africa - on a wide scale and not just incidents here and there - then that is absolutely awful and such a shame given the potential following the end of Apartheid. Discrimination on the basis of race will always be morally repulsive.

However, I'm super aware that several white nationalists across the globe are keen to exaggerate any 'conflict' in South Africa and paint white people as an oppressed minority. It's this association that makes me genuinely have second-thoughts about whether or not South Africa /really/ is the way you say. And that's not to accuse you of racism, although the constant phrasing of 'us whites' is probably best to avoid @OP.

Do we have any South Africans on the TiBB forum that can perhaps give some impartial insight on this?

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:13 PM #16
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Omg that’s awful, hope you get some news soon Lime

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 PM #17
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:

So sorry to hear that Lime

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:54 PM #18
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

I'm so sorry to hear that, lime...
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:26 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
I'm genuinely uncomfortable with the premise of this thread. If there is a genuine, active discrimination against white people in South Africa - on a wide scale and not just incidents here and there - then that is absolutely awful and such a shame given the potential following the end of Apartheid. Discrimination on the basis of race will always be morally repulsive.

However, I'm super aware that several white nationalists across the globe are keen to exaggerate any 'conflict' in South Africa and paint white people as an oppressed minority. It's this association that makes me genuinely have second-thoughts about whether or not South Africa /really/ is the way you say. And that's not to accuse you of racism, although the constant phrasing of 'us whites' is probably best to avoid @OP.

Do we have any South Africans on the TiBB forum that can perhaps give some impartial insight on this?
I'm sorry that telling people about racism against white people makes you feel uncomfortale

So now you are telling me..It's best to avoid describing myself as white
Old 06-08-2018, 06:26 AM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post

I'm sorry that telling people about racism against white people makes you feel uncomfortale

So now you are telling me..It's best to avoid describing myself as white
Old 07-08-2018, 02:50 PM #21
You know my methods

You know my methods

Sounds awful Lime

President Ramaphosa said that his government plans to expropriate private property without compensation.

'We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land'

It does not look good at all
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:57 AM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

https://youtu.be/XVd-_cZILhA
nothing to see here
Old 12-08-2018, 09:35 AM #23

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

Mandela tried to teach another way. He would be so disappointed if he could see it now.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:51 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Mandela tried to teach another way. He would be so disappointed if he could see it now.
Sorry jaxie ...but Madima could see within his prison cell what was happpening to white people...Madima knew racism was wrong ....no matter who it was against
Old 12-08-2018, 09:53 AM #25

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Sorry jaxie ...but Madima could see within his prison cell what was happpening to white people...Madima knew racism was wrong ....no matter who it was against
Yes that's why I said he tried to teach a different way of doing things. One country, one people.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
africa, south