Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-08-2018, 01:27 PM #76
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I always have a problem when deflection tactics are used. Does someone elses deeds [...] somehow reduce the actions of the person [...]?

I might also add that labour has been just as keen to supply the very same countries with arms.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 01:33 PM #77
You know my methods

You know my methods

why was he there graves or no graves?

what has it to do with the UK?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2018, 01:33 PM #78
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It is possible to make multiple points against a single point in the same post since it has already been brought up.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 10:16 PM #79
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

haha!

Last edited by Oliver_W; 17-08-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 10:21 PM #80
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post

haha!
The root cause, his subconscious has an addiction to controversy! Time to sign up for rehab...
Old 17-08-2018, 10:22 PM #81
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
It is possible to make multiple points against a single point in the same post since it has already been brought up.
That doesn't make it sensible to state that you dislike people saying "other people do it too" in an attempt to lessen the severity of an accusation, and then on the next line... Say "Labour did it too!" about an accusation against the Tories. Its either relevant / valid always, or never... Otherwise there's some phrase about having cake and also eating said cake or something like that. And not being able to.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 17-08-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 10:37 PM #82
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That doesn't make it sensible to state that you dislike people saying "other people do it too" in an attempt to lessen the severity of an accusation, and then on the next line... Say "Labour did it too!" about an accusation against the Tories. Its either relevant / valid always, or never... Otherwise there's some phrase about having cake and also eating said cake or something like that. And not being able to.
I'm not going to speak for Bits, but as I interpreted it, I read it as he was talking about himself and gave full a construction on his different points of view... I didn't take it to be for arguments sake? Just that he agreed/disagreed with various points, in multiple ways... Otherwise I'd agree with you in general, it's undermining the other point during argument.

Last edited by Maru; 17-08-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 19-08-2018, 12:26 PM #83
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
The root cause, his subconscious has an addiction to controversy! Time to sign up for rehab...
And being on the right side of any controversial decision made by the previous or this govt in respects to war and bombings?... is that so controversial?... do people need rehab who go against state sponsored murder, drone strikes. war arms sales that have over the years caused the deaths of thousands of deaths of civilians, refugees, and military personnel.

I would go as far as to say there is something pretty rotten in the subconscious of anyone who brays along with the crowd when there's calls for strikes.. then, when the controversial nay sayers are proved to be right in their condemnation there's an attempt to point the finger of blame on them! ( not you personally)

Whether or not he did or didn't is irrelevant, it's a convenient stick to beat him with. There's so much misinformation out there at the moment it's embarrasing our media is a joke! first the terrorists are buried there and then they aren't... is that responsible reportage or something to whip up the public?

Meanwhile this is a perfect smokescreen it has to be said for the far right dalliances of the no deal brexiteers, primarily boris...this is pure gold for him as it keeps his alt right trope spewing column off the front pages, or any pages.

Jeremy Corbyn is NOT an antisemite, if he chooses not to accept the full definition ( with the acceptance and understanding of the author no less) then why the constant harassment?
The constant barrage of abuse, hate, accusations, lies and misinformation surrounding this whole issue is sickening.

I truly feel for the Jewish community, their plight is being politicised in the worst way that's the most shocking thing to come from this and should some respond in defence of Cobyn they are vilified or ignored!

It's the most distasteful point in British political history for a long long time.

Last edited by Kizzy; 19-08-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 04:23 PM #84

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
And being on the right side of any controversial decision made by the previous or this govt in respects to war and bombings?... is that so controversial?... do people need rehab who go against state sponsored murder, drone strikes. war arms sales that have over the years caused the deaths of thousands of deaths of civilians, refugees, and military personnel.

I would go as far as to say there is something pretty rotten in the subconscious of anyone who brays along with the crowd when there's calls for strikes.. then, when the controversial nay sayers are proved to be right in their condemnation there's an attempt to point the finger of blame on them! ( not you personally)

Whether or not he did or didn't is irrelevant, it's a convenient stick to beat him with. There's so much misinformation out there at the moment it's embarrasing our media is a joke! first the terrorists are buried there and then they aren't... is that responsible reportage or something to whip up the public?

Meanwhile this is a perfect smokescreen it has to be said for the far right dalliances of the no deal brexiteers, primarily boris...this is pure gold for him as it keeps his alt right trope spewing column off the front pages, or any pages.

Jeremy Corbyn is NOT an antisemite, if he chooses not to accept the full definition ( with the acceptance and understanding of the author no less) then why the constant harassment?
The constant barrage of abuse, hate, accusations, lies and misinformation surrounding this whole issue is sickening.

I truly feel for the Jewish community, their plight is being politicised in the worst way that's the most shocking thing to come from this and should some respond in defence of Cobyn they are vilified or ignored!

It's the most distasteful point in British political history for a long long time.
Corbyn ISNT antisemitic ! They can't even get the god damn story right .
One minute the terrorists are buried there ,then they're not . All the focus on this wreath ,with a photo to use against him .

Like I said it's a hate campaign against Corbyn, and there's a lot of smoke & mirrors to distract us from the farce of the current government.
Old 20-08-2018, 08:15 AM #85

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

The media definitely have a hard on for Corbyn and they have been known to bend the truth but they can’t just make situations up and out and out lie.There has to be some fire creating the smoke or where are they getting the pictures from?
The problem is,It’s not just one incident is it.More and more things from his murky past keep coming out.Are people saying it’s all a made up conspiracy?There’s no truth to any of it?
And every story that comes out is baseless?
That is the more unbelievable hypothesis.
He has a history of calling terrorists friends,brothers etc and he’s admitted being at this event.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 08:16 PM #86
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
The media definitely have a hard on for Corbyn and they have been known to bend the truth but they can’t just make situations up and out and out lie.There has to be some fire creating the smoke or where are they getting the pictures from?
The problem is,It’s not just one incident is it.More and more things from his murky past keep coming out.Are people saying it’s all a made up conspiracy?There’s no truth to any of it?
And every story that comes out is baseless?
That is the more unbelievable hypothesis.
He has a history of calling terrorists friends,brothers etc and he’s admitted being at this event.
He has a history of diplomacy, you catch more flies with honey than ****...or bombs.
There is no murky past! If there was a murky past it would be easier to oust him as there would be more ammunition, all there is a pic of him at a ceremony to commemorate the victims of terrorism and another couple of him at protests in the 70s! ...come on get some perspective.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:34 PM #87

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He has a history of diplomacy, you catch more flies with honey than ****...or bombs.
There is no murky past! If there was a murky past it would be easier to oust him as there would be more ammunition, all there is a pic of him at a ceremony to commemorate the victims of terrorism and another couple of him at protests in the 70s! ...come on get some perspective.
I agree
Old 22-08-2018, 09:59 AM #88
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

The fact remains that many Jews, including Jewish Labour supporters, feel they have a case to be answered. Corbyn fans can twist and turn as much as they want... their denial makes him and his refusal to take a stand against antisemitism in his own party look even more shoddy.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 10:28 AM #89
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

One of my favourite Corbyn moments was his speech at Glastonbury last year, talking about Trump etc:

"Build bridges, not walls!" he trumpeted to the crowd, and they cheered...

...all from inside the heavily-guarded walls of their privileged festival (@Ł238-a-ticket).

Funny how no-one tried tearing THAT wall down, in order to let everyone else into their party.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 03:03 AM #90
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Jeremy is in trouble again after a video of him filmed in 2013 emerges

A Jewish Labour MP says she feels "unwelcome" in the party after a video emerged showing Jeremy Corbyn accusing British Zionists of having "no sense of English irony".

Liverpool Wavertree MP Luciana Berger described the Labour leader's comments in a 2013 speech as "inexcusable".

The clip was published on the Daily Mail website as Mr Corbyn makes efforts to tackle anti-Semitism in his party.

A spokesperson for Mr Corbyn denied the comments were offensive.

The spokesperson said: "He was referring to a group of pro-Israel activists misunderstanding -and then criticising - the Palestinian ambassador for a speech at a separate event about the occupation of the West Bank."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45292218

the video on the daily mail website http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...my-Corbyn.html

The picture below shows Corbyn at he meeting

On the far right is Daud Abdullah, who called for attacks on the Royal Navy and led a boycott of Holocaust Memorial Day. In the center is Stephen Sizer, who suggested that Israel was behind the 9/11 attack

bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 11:25 AM #91
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The fact remains that many Jews, including Jewish Labour supporters, feel they have a case to be answered. Corbyn fans can twist and turn as much as they want... their denial makes him and his refusal to take a stand against antisemitism in his own party look even more shoddy.
If this is in reply to my comments and I'm not suggesting for a second it is, personally I am a Labour/ Corbyn supporter, not a Corbyn fan.
That term I'm sure you'll understand delegitimises any genuine socio-political interest as simply hero worship... I wouldn't want any confusion on that regard.

There is a fact that there is a case to be answered yes, it has been answered, there have been inquiries, reports and personal testimony... it has reached saturation point almost. how many times can the same assurances be made that any abuse is not condoned by or tolerated by the Labour party?..

Take the latest front page assault, a misrepresentation of the term 'zionist'.. We all know they exist, we also know that is a derogatory term used to describe Jews. The media twist is now to infer that the comment referred to the modern abusive non traditional reference and not the traditionally accepted term.

I personally agree as I have said on many occasions across many threads with relating back to history, there IS an irony there.... It's uncomfortable to address but the similarities are there ... There will be bluster and outrage but history cannot be rewritten to suit modern power battles.
Old 25-08-2018, 11:31 AM #92
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
One of my favourite Corbyn moments was his speech at Glastonbury last year, talking about Trump etc:

"Build bridges, not walls!" he trumpeted to the crowd, and they cheered...

...all from inside the heavily-guarded walls of their privileged festival (@Ł238-a-ticket).

Funny how no-one tried tearing THAT wall down, in order to let everyone else into their party.
In all fairness he was invited to speak at Glastonbury, and to be fair he stated the exact same sentiments everywhere he went ...with or without walls.

Plus it helps to maintain perspective when you are equating a temporary 6ft high plywood structure that would blow down in a strong breeze to a permanent concrete army patrolled checkpoint.
Old 25-08-2018, 11:49 AM #93
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Jeremy is in trouble again after a video of him filmed in 2013 emerges

A Jewish Labour MP says she feels "unwelcome" in the party after a video emerged showing Jeremy Corbyn accusing British Zionists of having "no sense of English irony".

Liverpool Wavertree MP Luciana Berger described the Labour leader's comments in a 2013 speech as "inexcusable".

The clip was published on the Daily Mail website as Mr Corbyn makes efforts to tackle anti-Semitism in his party.

A spokesperson for Mr Corbyn denied the comments were offensive.

The spokesperson said: "He was referring to a group of pro-Israel activists misunderstanding -and then criticising - the Palestinian ambassador for a speech at a separate event about the occupation of the West Bank."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45292218

the video on the daily mail website http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...my-Corbyn.html

The picture below shows Corbyn at he meeting

On the far right is Daud Abdullah, who called for attacks on the Royal Navy and led a boycott of Holocaust Memorial Day. In the center is Stephen Sizer, who suggested that Israel was behind the 9/11 attack

I don't think the issue is the lack of understanding of English irony... it's the English ignorance that's the real problem,faced with a powerful account of the historic implications emotively relayed by a Palestinian ambassador in relation to the conflict ... What are they reduced to for our viewing pleasure?.... Luciana Berger is upset :/

'Asked on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme about the row, John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor and a close ally of Corbyn, said the leader’s words had been taken out of context.

“In certain contexts, certain phrases are appropriate. To take them out of context is unacceptable and I think is not helping the issue, it’s exacerbating the issue,” he said.

A Labour spokesperson added on Friday night: “This was a speech about the need to better teach the history of Israel-Palestine and about the brutality of colonialism, occupation and dispossession.

A section of the speech that was edited out of the footage posted on YouTube sets his comments in context. He had been speaking about Zionists and non-Zionist Jews and very clearly does not go on to use Zionists as any kind of shorthand for Jews.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ism-row-labour

Last edited by Kizzy; 25-08-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 02:17 PM #94
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
If this is in reply to my comments and I'm not suggesting for a second it is, personally I am a Labour/ Corbyn supporter, not a Corbyn fan.
That term I'm sure you'll understand delegitimises any genuine socio-political interest as simply hero worship... I wouldn't want any confusion on that regard.

There is a fact that there is a case to be answered yes, it has been answered, there have been inquiries, reports and personal testimony... it has reached saturation point almost. how many times can the same assurances be made that any abuse is not condoned by or tolerated by the Labour party?..

Take the latest front page assault, a misrepresentation of the term 'zionist'.. We all know they exist, we also know that is a derogatory term used to describe Jews. The media twist is now to infer that the comment referred to the modern abusive non traditional reference and not the traditionally accepted term.

I personally agree as I have said on many occasions across many threads with relating back to history, there IS an irony there.... It's uncomfortable to address but the similarities are there ... There will be bluster and outrage but history cannot be rewritten to suit modern power battles.
It wasn't.

Last edited by Livia; 25-08-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 05:25 PM #95
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Ah well my comments stand for others who may misconstrue support for fandom.
Old 25-08-2018, 06:12 PM #96

The posts on here from Corbyn supporters who are in denial become more bizarrely delusional by the day.

Nothing else to say.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 05:46 PM #97
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
The posts on here from Corbyn supporters who are in denial become more bizarrely delusional by the day.

Nothing else to say.
Anyone who disagrees with the majority on here and looks at the topic objectively you mean?...

you only came for a snipe as you literally have nothing to say.
Old 30-08-2018, 06:01 PM #98

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
In all fairness he was invited to speak at Glastonbury, and to be fair he stated the exact same sentiments everywhere he went ...with or without walls.

Plus it helps to maintain perspective when you are equating a temporary 6ft high plywood structure that would blow down in a strong breeze to a permanent concrete army patrolled checkpoint.
plywood?

It was a million pound super fence, purpose built to keep the poor out...

You cant slag of the gutter press then use gutter press tactics by downplaying the glastonbury fence while sensationalising trumps wall...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...d-why-you/amp/

Last edited by parmnion; 30-08-2018 at 06:04 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
admits, corbyn, jeremy, munich, present, terrorists, wreathlaying