Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB22 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2018 [CBB 22], won by Ryan Thomas, and housemates here.

-----

Old 04-09-2018, 06:21 AM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne

Default Dont agree with her actions but...

I find what she did absolutely disgraceful and she deserves a lot of backlash for it but...

I have seen a lot of social media posts etc taking it to the next level

She is a very messed up individual thats clear to see and I do hope that all of this has woke her up to her actions and that she can change for the better

But personally I feel that quite a lot of people are going too far with their backlash and im genuinely a bit worried for roxanne. Clearly not of a complete sane mind it could push her to take drastic action and I dont want to say what im meaning but im sure you might guess. I just feel a bit worried about it

If anything she needs professional help, i understand people attacking what she has done but people need to reign it in just a tad because some of the words they are using towards her are just as bad

Last edited by Strictly Jake; 04-09-2018 at 06:23 AM.
Strictly Jake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:32 AM #2
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar

I know what you mean... she already tried to do it in that pool in the house

But on a serious note, I do hope people aren't being too nasty to her. However, at the same time it depends on what her TRUE motives and mindset is... like if it's blatant lying and covering up or if she truly believes everything she said and then realized how dumb it was afterwards.

Which I kinda do think it's the last part of what I said with her being very sensitive to the point of delusion but the first part would be dangerous, or scary really, and she would deserve further backlash for that. And I think a lot of people think that's the case and it's reasonable to think.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:42 AM #3
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...even without the extreme ..(..of what you mean, Jake..)...it’s also why I think that the interviews with her have been more delicately handled, which I know hasn’t been what some have wanted because of her behaviour and how damaging it was on so many levels..’let the questioning fit the crime’, type thing..?...but there is also a responsibility to not in any way contribute or enhance or escalate etc.. current negativity toward her which is being displayed in the extent it has and is being...especially by Big Brother and Emma’s interview with her...Emma made it plain that she thinks very little of her and her deliberate actions...while not being as harsh or direct as she may have felt like being on a personal level...there are multiple things coming out with Roxanne’s past behaviours of similarity..which a little research would have shown, with some anyway and with enough..and yet they hadn’t known something like this could ever happen...’totally unpredictable’.....hmmm, yeah they do have some responsibility as well and now a duty of care to not be contributing to escalating any hate involved from their fans and the public..while still directly questioning her..which they have...

Last edited by Ammi; 04-09-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:49 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...actually maybe the best thing would have been for all media..(..and including Big Brother themselves..)..to have refused any interview with her and not given her a voice right now...but that was never going to happen though as she’s an ‘exclusive scoop’ now, type thing...so everyone wants to give her attention, which is always going to be negative and ‘enhance’ because of the despicable nature of what she did which went way beyond any type of housemate ‘bad’ behaviour...she’s Ben all about the attention from the off ...and now she’s got it, she has everyone’s attention completely..ironic...
Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 AM #5

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

I get what you mean but like for me anyway I just think as a society morally a line has to be drawn SOMEWHERE, and I think this oversteps the line. It makes me wonder what use someone is to a functioning world that has gone out of their way to accuse 10’s of their costars of serious stuff (and probably getting away from it too). It might come from a bad place of continual hurt and I wish she’d have gotten a support network sooner, but like the most heinous of people in the world probably have a damaged life: where is their sympathy when they get a life sentence? I just think as a collective we have to draw lines and let it be known that we don’t tolerate people like that. Hopefully she can one day return to the limelight after serious professional help
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:35 AM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I get what you mean but like for me anyway I just think as a society morally a line has to be drawn SOMEWHERE, and I think this oversteps the line. It makes me wonder what use someone is to a functioning world that has gone out of their way to accuse 10’s of their costars of serious stuff (and probably getting away from it too). It might come from a bad place of continual hurt and I wish she’d have gotten a support network sooner, but like the most heinous of people in the world probably have a damaged life: where is their sympathy when they get a life sentence? I just think as a collective we have to draw lines and let it be known that we don’t tolerate people like that. Hopefully she can one day return to the limelight after serious professional help
..but society has let her know it can’t be tolerated though..she’s become (..in her own words..)..the most hated woman right now and also in her own words because she ‘went too far’...and her actions can never be taken back or explained away or anything...it’s all in the footage with her intent for whatever vindictive reasons ..maybe she is very damaged but she still had choices within that damage and she chose something very awful with Ryan...she’s been totally exposed publicly to everyone, whether BB fans or not with the media interest this has all gained...there’s nothing really else that can be done to her by her own hand or anyone else’s ..other than any possible lawsuits etc if any can be pursued by Ryan or any of her victims...all that can be done now for me anyway...is to try to repair some of the damage with things like domestic abuse and the #metoo movement ...she’s caused a setback for so many things which were often a struggle anyway, sadly...but that setback can’t be undone either...it’s all just trying to get it all back on track now...the impact of one person on so many serious issues and for so many people ...but her repeating and repeating and repeating..I do take these things seriously, I have great awareness and support in them...is of no value at all now so I just wish the media would stop all attention now being given to her...so everything can now be moved on from in its repair...
Old 04-09-2018, 07:45 AM #7
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I can't forget the way she stood there and just bare faced lied.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:46 AM #8
-

-

Kinda gives me Jade Goody vibes - Was only forgiven by the general public after something terrible happened to her
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:00 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..but society has let her know it can’t be tolerated though..she’s become (..in her own words..)..the most hated woman right now and also in her own words because she ‘went too far’...and her actions can never be taken back or explained away or anything...it’s all in the footage with her intent for whatever vindictive reasons ..maybe she is very damaged but she still had choices within that damage and she chose something very awful with Ryan...she’s been totally exposed publicly to everyone, whether BB fans or not with the media interest this has all gained...there’s nothing really else that can be done to her by her own hand or anyone else’s ..other than any possible lawsuits etc if any can be pursued by Ryan or any of her victims...all that can be done now for me anyway...is to try to repair some of the damage with things like domestic abuse and the #metoo movement ...she’s caused a setback for so many things which were often a struggle anyway, sadly...but that setback can’t be undone either...it’s all just trying to get it all back on track now...the impact of one person on so many serious issues and for so many people ...but her repeating and repeating and repeating..I do take these things seriously, I have great awareness and support in them...is of no value at all now so I just wish the media would stop all attention now being given to her...so everything can now be moved on from in its repair...
I mean I don’t agree with people sitting on twitter sending her death threats either, like I don’t disagree with a part of this post. As horrible as people can be on social media, it also kinda embodies a moral stand of like no we don’t tolerate this. It’s always bound to happen with anything like this on social media. It would’ve been more alarming to me if it didn’t happen, not saying it should, but it’s a natural byproduct I guess. The world is ruthless but the internet is even more ruthless lol again like I said outside of her getting sued I hope she gets help and can move on with society
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:13 AM #10
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyJake10 View Post
I find what she did absolutely disgraceful and she deserves a lot of backlash for it but...

She is a very messed up individual thats clear to see and I do hope that all of this has woke her up to her actions and that she can change for the better

But personally I feel that quite a lot of people are going too far with their backlash and im genuinely a bit worried for roxanne. Clearly not of a complete sane mind it could push her to take drastic action and I dont want to say what im meaning but im sure you might guess. I just feel a bit worried about it

If anything she needs professional help, i understand people attacking what she has done but people need to reign it in just a tad because some of the words they are using towards her are just as bad
Lets face it they are as bad as her...

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:46 AM #11

She has never ever given the reason WHY she targeted Ryan in such a way.

She obviously went in to cause some sort of drama after her initial aborted attempt at blaming Hardeep for the swimming pool incident.

So was it a vendetta against Ryan which an unlucky punch gave her the chance or was it that she had planned something beforehand which she had used and had results in her favourite.

I do not think she could manipulate the actual punch, even as light as it was but she certainly manipulated it from that moment.

Was it against Ryan personally or could her plan have involved any of the housemates to cause drama and publicity for poor ickle Roxanne.

Her describing herself in the Emma interview, as a "girl" when she is 35 is interesting, she is verging on middle age, so it smacks of her using her small stature and young looks to make her seem less culpable.

It now is being said, a book deal is likely, I hope it bombs and shredded and placed in the bin alongside her career.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:47 AM #12
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

In all fairness though if it's true that she's done this sort of thing alot over the years, the only reason she's reflecting and "sorry" now is because she was caught red handed with absolute evidence that she lied. She's probably happily ruined other people in the past

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 AM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
In all fairness though if it's true that she's done this sort of thing alot over the years, the only reason she's reflecting and "sorry" now is because she was caught red handed with absolute evidence that she lied. She's probably happily ruined other people in the past
The most sickening part of both interviews for me was the fact not once did she say she had lied, she skirted around using the word
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:51 AM #14
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes , because this time it was caught on camera. In the past it probably wasn't, so it was her word against them.,
Old 04-09-2018, 08:56 AM #15

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:

Great post. Yes I totally agree but there are people who always have claws well sharpened to get stuck in once something like this happens. I am really really disappointed in Roxanne. I have always liked her and loved her in Emmerdale in particular. She and Ryan had bad blood between them for years and she decided to try and 'get him' and really and truly wanted to get him kicked out with her over dramatics and wanting not to sleep in the same room. SHE WAS WRONG. Huge huge mistake which she will pay for dearly. She will find it hard to get work and even her friends and family will find it hard to stay in her corner and back her. THAT IN ITSELF is enough punishment without people who dont know her wading in and calling her the worst of names and going way way too far. I hope Roxy gets the help she needs. Emma did a very good job in interviewing her and it was very clear (even though she is an actress) she genuinely feels sorry
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:57 AM #16
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
The most sickening part of both interviews for me was the fact not once did she say she had lied, she skirted around using the word
which, to me, totally proves that she's not doing it out of choice or guilt, it's damage limitation and that's it.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 04-09-2018, 08:58 AM #17
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Great post. Yes I totally agree but there are people who always have claws well sharpened to get stuck in once something like this happens. I am really really disappointed in Roxanne. I have always liked her and loved her in Emmerdale in particular. She and Ryan had bad blood between them for years and she decided to try and 'get him' and really and truly wanted to get him kicked out with her over dramatics and wanting not to sleep in the same room. SHE WAS WRONG. Huge huge mistake which she will pay for dearly. She will find it hard to get work and even her friends and family will find it hard to stay in her corner and back her. THAT IN ITSELF is enough punishment without people who dont know her wading in and calling her the worst of names and going way way too far. I hope Roxy gets the help she needs. Emma did a very good job in interviewing her and it was very clear (even though she is an actress) she genuinely feels sorry
Yes, because she was dating one of his mates apparently. Must have ended badly?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:02 AM #18
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
See, I totally disagree with this, saying she needs "help" is almost excusing her for her actions and it's insulting to people with mental health issues imo. Neither do I believe she's genuinely sorry, just sorry she was caught.

Having said that I wouldn't endorse death threats or anything that extreme but I firmly believe that girl is a dangerous individual and am so disgusted that her actions have done nothing but make it even more difficult for genuine victims to be believed and she has done serious damage there

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-09-2018, 09:14 AM #19
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
which, to me, totally proves that she's not doing it out of choice or guilt, it's damage limitation and that's it.
Yes it is, if she admits she lied she's leaving herself wide open
Old 04-09-2018, 09:16 AM #20
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
See, I totally disagree with this, saying she needs "help" is almost excusing her for her actions and it's insulting to people with mental health issues imo. Neither do I believe she's genuinely sorry, just sorry she was caught.

Having said that I wouldn't endorse death threats or anything that extreme but I firmly believe that girl is a dangerous individual and am so disgusted that her actions have done nothing but make it even more difficult for genuine victims to be believed and she has done serious damage there
Agree .........She would love people to believe she's mentally ill when she isn't,shes just a liar and an attention seeking evil woman, who knows exactly what shes doing
Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 AM #21

We have seen with Ryan how frustrating it is, when you know the allegations are untrue, yet others don't believe you or sit on the fence. Look how Ben tried to shut the conversation down because he fancied Roxanne.

Isn't this how those who have been on the end of her vitriol have been feeling for years with little or no comeback which can be proved against her. So the backlash must be some sort of payback for them.

Again, what did she actually do? Apart from a couple of people, no one has said exactly how she works. Is it allegations, bad mouthing, letting others down and of course walking out of productions.

She has been sacked but again, what for?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:20 AM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Agree .........She would love people to believe she's mentally ill when she isn't,shes just a liar and an attention seeking evil woman, who knows exactly what shes doing
I have the radio on here in the background and they just mentioned the incident and the DJ said "She single handedly destroyed the metoo movement"....... it's so true

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-09-2018, 12:40 PM #23

Favourites (more):
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yes I agree, some people have taken things way too far.

I see a growing social media lynch mob mentality.

I was watching 'This Morning' today and Colleen Nolan was on and
she broke down due to a confrontation with Kim Woodburn on
Loose Women. The internet lynch mob went crazy on Colleen.

I see this as a growing trend of bullying, where people feel they cannot
be touched behind a computer screen, and on-mass target people with
abuse because they feel they can without consequence.

I call social media..... unsocial media ...as this is what it is turning into
saiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:50 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiwong View Post
Yes I agree, some people have taken things way too far.

I see a growing social media lynch mob mentality.

I was watching 'This Morning' today and Colleen Nolan was on and
she broke down due to a confrontation with Kim Woodburn on
Loose Women. The internet lynch mob went crazy on Colleen.

I see this as a growing trend of bullying, where people feel they cannot
be touched behind a computer screen, and on-mass target people with
abuse because they feel they can without consequence.

I call social media..... unsocial media ...as this is what it is turning into

I wouldnt feel sorry for Coleen Nolan blubbering. Her and her sisters treatment of Kim who felt ambushed by them both was just awful. To see them harangue Kim, then mutter insults under their breath about her abusive childhood was sickening.

So she got a huge reaction turned on her and turned the Waterworks on. The bully bullied and didn't like it.

She didn't know what she said? Well look at the tapes, 3 harpies against a 78 year old woman.

Three disgraceful women on TV this week.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 04-09-2018 at 12:59 PM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:58 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
I wouldnt feel sorry for Coleen Nolan blubbering. Her and her sisters treatment of Kim who felt ambushed by them both was just awful.

So she got a huge reaction turned on her and turned the Waterworks on. The bully bullied and didn't like it.

Three disgraceful women on TV this week.
I am not taking any side between Coleen/Kim as I am not a fan of either. But what I dislike is the social media lynch mob mentality.

It seems in todays society, I feel that if you even cough at the wrong time you will get lynched.

People are getting hyper sensitive and have excessive and over the top reactions that don't equate with the original action in mind.
saiwong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
actions, agree, pallett, roxanne